• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
She was never going to perform Til It Happens To You. There was a rumor going around that she would perform a new song called 'Buried Alive' and slander Dr. Luke during the performance, but it turns out that that was all just made up shit some crazy fan sent to TMZ. She was always going to perform a cover of Bob Dylan's 'It ain't me, babe'.
I just mentioned Gaga because she was the only high profile celeb to speak about about her not being allowed to perform:

And now everyone can shut up about her only supporting Kesha for Oscar promo.

Ah, I didn't realize I was so far off about the song choice. I really haven't followed it apart from whatever Facebook trends shows me and what the few singers I follow on Twitter (including Kesha and Gaga) tweet about it. Oops. My bad.

I still stand by what I said regarding Kesha and the label, though. I can't help but feel that unless the studio has some undeniable proof that Kesha is lying, they will remain the losers of this PR battle until they choose to end it.

rhandino

Banned
Lady Gaga ‏@ladygaga
Isn't it strange that it's legal to own a woman this way? Listen Ursula, we want her voice back. #freeKesha
Not really, is pretty common in a lot of industries wit Non-Compete Agreements and the music industry is quite famous for their draconian contracts and how some agencies contract rising talent and gave them scraps (but nice paychecks and bonus) so the competition don't hire them.

As I said before Kesha is very much done, she is going to languish in some cell with some scraps and performances here and there but they are not going to allow this case to set a precedent in favor of the artists.

MrV4ltor

Oh wow, more covers nobody asked for or wants.

This is about Kesha, not Gaga tho
61fd27dcddeb88eafc245cf1e965e835_400x400.png

MrV4ltor

Why was she allowed to release that song then? This is a confusing mess.

Who the fuck knows honestly. But if she was allowed to release her own new material, she would've put her collab album with The Flaming Lips up for sale on iKoons already.

Edit: Ooops, top of the page. Buy Dangerous Woman on iKoons when it's out.
giphy.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gaga is still the Kween of tributes tho. Nobody can ever take that from her.

Now when Lorde outshined the Bowie tribute by simply performing being herself without any gimmicks or trying hard to look like the person she was doing a tribute to.

Why was she allowed to release that song then? This is a confusing mess.

Who the fuck knows honestly. But if she was allowed to release her own new material, she would've put her collab album with The Flaming Lips up for sale on iKoons already.
Kesha can actually release music but she needs to work on getting the people she wants to work with since look wont be doing stuff with her in the studio. Plus Luke also gets a saying of what goes or what doesn't go on her album if she tries to make some sort of statement on him.

MrV4ltor

Now when Lorde outshined the Bowie tribute by simply performing being herself without any gimmicks or trying hard to look like the person she was doing a tribute to.

Not when Gaga has performed more critically acclaimed tributes. As seen here, here, here, here and here.
And thanks for reminding me that Lorde is still alive. Last time I saw her was when she was at Gaga's birthday bash.

Vazra

That Lorde performance was garbage though. Also, I'm still screaming from when people told me "Magnets" was going to smash! It's so obvious she's over, like I said many moons ago.

Lol I think she may be able to do well on a next album but I dont expect her to get the same amount of success as the first album. She can focus on doing her music while others focus on being tribute acts. *sips tea*

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Not when Gaga has performed more critically acclaimed tributes. As seen here, here, here, here and here.
And thanks for reminding me that Lorde is still alive. Last time I saw her was when she was at Gaga's birthday bash.

Oh wow, seeing them all together, I now realize how many tributes Gaga has done recently.
Lolz at BTW.

I'm still waiting for Gaga to do a movie musical or Broadway show. I love her theatre-y stuff (like "New York, New York").

Mau ®

HasBeenGa stans MAD at The LORDe for snatching best Bowie cover so effortlessly.

It must hurt "Pure Heroine" made LORDe the "it" gyal of 2013, while "ARTPOP" brought only misfortune to your fave's life. 😿

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The guy who worked on this actually got in contact with Gaga's manager and wants to do a musical with her, so let's see if it happens.
She'd also be perfect for one of those Live Musicals on TV or a Disney musical movie.

Ugh, I actually wasn't a fan of that Gaga tribute. If they can put her in something somewhat modern sounding (perhaps something post-Rogers and Hammerstein, even if I like their work), I'll pay attention.
Meh, I'll pay attention no matter what.

She actually does seem like a natural fit for a live TV musical; I wouldn't be surprised if NBC has contacted her about it. I'm less enthused about the idea of a Disney musical movie (Fake edit: oh wait, just realized you might mean their animated movies and not Disney Channel stuff, in which case YES), but if it's announced that she's the principal of East High in High School Musical 4, I'm so there.
Once again, I'm already there regardless. Somebody save me.

MrV4ltor

Ugh, I actually wasn't a fan of that Gaga tribute. If they can put her in something somewhat modern sounding (perhaps something post-Rogers and Hammerstein, even if I like their work), I'll pay attention.
Meh, I'll pay attention no matter what.

She actually does seem like a natural fit for a live TV musical; I wouldn't be surprised if NBC has contacted her about it. I'm less enthused about the idea of a Disney musical movie (Fake edit: oh wait, just realized you might mean their animated movies and not Disney Channel stuff, in which case YES), but if it's announced that she's the principal of East High in High School Musical 4, I'm so there.
Once again, I'm already there regardless. Somebody save me.

She would definitely be great for an animated movie. Her voice acting in her Simpsons episode was good, even though the episode sucked because it lacked substance and jokes. And a role in HSM4 would be hilarious.
I was thinking more 'Into The Woods' musical movie tho.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
She would definitely be great for an animated movie. Her voice acting in her Simpsons episode was good, even though the episode sucked because it lacked substance and jokes. And a role in HSM4 would be hilarious.
I was thinking more 'Into The Woods' musical movie tho.

Oh, right, I forgot Disney did Into the Woods. And I guess Beauty and the Beast is another upcoming one from them. I can see it! LG5 needs to release so she can get back to doing all these side projects and annoying her fans.

EDIT: Just relistened to her "New York, New York" cover. Gah, that song and her version of it still slay so much.

Touchdown

Banned
I legit think Kanye needs help. He was on Ellen today and he legit barely knows how to speak. Blurts out disjointed I wanna help everyone garbage by saying he needs money. Gives one word answers. Doesn't like looking at people when he talks. Thinks his clothing line is just as important as climate change. Unreal.

Exactly!!! The guy is such a tool and yet people love him. I don't get it.

I may not be a fan of the whole bringing dead folks back into the fold as holograms foolishness, but I can fuck with this right here.

Also I realize the irony of this coming from me but can we stop fucking talking about Gaga please, bish has nothing to show us atm and we've officially said everything there is to say.

Taking an oath to not bring ha ass up in this thread until we have some tangible news to discuss. Til then... 🤐

Touchdown

Banned
I may not be a fan of the whole bringing dead folks back into the fold as holograms foolishness, but I can fuck with this right here.

Also I realize the irony of this coming from me but can we stop fucking talking about Gaga please, bish has nothing to show us atm and we've officially said everything there is to say.

wait...wait...wait. no...no no I need a drink.....Who thought this was a good idea?? Her face doesn't look right, Aguylera does not deserve to be up there with ha, and they gave her strange dancing moves which she would never do....I can'TT.. Why did they not just get Mariah to do her classy tribute from her tour?

e542cb80a7.gif

Vazra

wait...wait...wait. no...no no I need a drink.....Who thought this was a good idea?? Her face doesn't look right, Aguylera does not deserve to be up there with ha, and they gave her strange dancing moves which she would never do....I can'TT.. Why did they not just get Mariah to do her classy tribute from her tour?

e542cb80a7.gif

I actually wouldnt mind Mariah doing a tribute and keep the hologram crap away. I think the holograms for most of the part do a disservice to the artists.

e542cb80a7.gif

With love in my heart, the best answer I can muster is that Mariah's 2016 vocals would sound like spilling mashed potatoes next to Whitney's studio version vocals? I'm honestly surprised at how well Christina kept up. I thought she lost her shiz.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I legit think Kanye needs help. He was on Ellen today and he legit barely knows how to speak. Blurts out disjointed I wanna help everyone garbage by saying he needs money. Gives one word answers. Doesn't like looking at people when he talks. Thinks his clothing line is just as important as climate change. Unreal.

I just watched this clip. I thought you were going to be exaggerating, but you weren't. Ellen is actually speaking to him at some points the same way she speaks to her child guests. It seems like he's either on too many drugs or not enough. Or that he's incredibly shy on camera (like some of her child guests are). Has he always been this way? He did not seem "present."

I hope he's happy and healthy. Something seems off.

EDIT: This was not any better. Why did Ellen repeat the rules in such a weird way at the beginning while he just stared blankly? I can't help but feel like their interactions were like that of between a child and an adult, but maybe I'm now just believing in my own interpretations too much. Maybe he was just trolling the whole time.

EDIT 2: Okay, watched a longer clip where he was talking a lot more. He was definitely more in his element there. So...maybe he's just not very interested in doing talk shows unless he's talking about things that are more important to him. But his topic jumps like going from his shoes to ending bullying still didn't make much sense to me. In this clip, he actually reminded me of a friend I have, so maybe I understand better where he's coming from. But those other clips are still bizarre.

Touchdown

Banned
With love in my heart, the best answer I can muster is that Mariah's 2016 vocals would sound like spilling mashed potatoes next to Whitney's studio version vocals? I'm honestly surprised at how well Christina kept up. I thought she lost her shiz.

You must not have clicked the link in ma post, Mariah sounds so much better than Christina. well she always has, but moreso even today.

Vazra

Wow, 10 Seconds is the best song of 2016 so far
더 다가와 Just 10 Seconds
그 누구도 알 수 없게
날 느껴봐 Just 10 Seconds
더 다가와 Just 10 Seconds
그 누구도 볼 수 없게
날 느껴봐 Just 10 Seconds
c083ee22b1.gif

Top Bottom