• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Newest recruits to the LG5 squad: Tame Impala and BloodPop

CjGHRAlXAAAH1Sf.jpg

Here for this team-up.

Frodo

fucking burn it down. don'tmlet it reproduce

I may or mayb not be drunk y'all

btw you're all great. luv u. specially robudo and geo with their flawless taste. uk pop gaf is great too, u know who you are, and the rest must repent. rhandino sis! shout out! you rock!

repent y'all, repent

Frodo

i was going to mention bayonetta, sis, but she changed her usename now I dunno who she it. anyway. BUY EMOTION ON ITNUNES TODAY>

Frodo

WHEWRE ARE MAH DRAGONS YOU GREAT TOO

Jolly joe cory96 plister03bad taste and mau and you know abso-fucing-nothing i love you all . i'm still forgeting half of the great ones, but forgive moi.

I just heard a Fifth Harmony song for the first time.
EO2kMpU.gif

Is this what the kids are into today?
How is singing your career when your live performance is wack? Megan Trainer is on now. She seems to be able to carry a tune, but the song is shitty and she looks like a witch.
MTIpov6.gif

Also, the black Fifth Harmony member is really pretty.
67Y14eN.gif

rhandino

Banned
Poor Demi, she is never going to stop being the jester of the music industry.

Rhandino promoting anonymous bathroom bareback for 10 dollar pop albums. A mess.
I mean, if you are going to do it with a stranger may as well get something else out of out
apart from the STD of course

tumblr_m37hbdtFg91rt8y2no2_250.gif

Didn't Arianal delay ha almbumb because she didn't have a hit single yeT

So she ends up releasing 6 months later with no single anyway

First week predictions sistren?

I say 80k

78de1ae06c.gif

rhandino

Banned
70k - 80k because the 5thCumDumpsters are releasing the same day and they
to my disappointment
are having the better single and lead up promo.

hJRzYMQ.gif

Adele scrapped her previous vid because it wasn't up to her standards

Whitney only knows how terrible the other one was if this dreck got the seal of approval

cory64

The way she channeled Whitney's iconic timbre...

Whew!

Makes it even more tragic that she didn't perform at the Grammys.

Full performance is here if you didn't catch it.

edit: tried to listen to the studio version and it's just not the same anymore.

Cant wait to hear Robido thoughts on the tribute

Didn't watch it. I was gonna make a joke about Stevie and his seeing eye dog, but I didn't wanna do Madonna like that. Regardless, I'm not a fan of Madonna's live vocals or Stevie's mumbling, so I'll get around to it in due time.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So, I like Britney Spears. Like with every performer who doesn't present himself/herself as a living terror, I'm always happy for her success and hope she does well. And going into this BBMA performance, I figured she wasn't going to sing at all, which AFAIK turned out to be the case.

With that in mind...I'm wondering what the point of her being on stage is. If she's not going to sing live, what she's doing is dancing. And while I'd say she's better than a good number of her peers, she's also upstaged by pretty much everyone she invites onto the stage with her. They're professional dancers, though, so that makes sense and is both understandable and acceptable. But if she's not doing any singing and is still given the literal spotlight, then it kind of feels awkward for the camera to be following the worst person. Watching it, it almost felt like she was paying tribute to her former self rather than giving me a reason to cheer for Britney 2016, and I don't think it had to be that way.

Don't get me wrong: her body looked great and what she was doing, she was doing well. I'm also very eager to hear the new album and hope it's a strong recovery from BJ. But I felt awkward watching that performance.

Anyway, I only half-watched most of the BBMAs, but my vocal highlights from people whom I don't take for granted (e.g., not Celine Dion, Pink) were Rihanna and Kesha.

Rihanna stumbling across pitch like a drunk otter ambling through campus in a 7AM post-coital walk of shame.

And yet hers was still the best performance of the night.

real music is dead
this was all a work
to make us thirst
for gaga again

come back gaga

tumblr_m9wbqsWFjb1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

lenovox1

Why does BILLBOARD awards even exist? I didn't watch because who gives a fuck.

So Billboard can make more money? So ABC has an excuse to have a consistently highly rated musical variety show on once a year? So the stars and producers that have the highest sales can pat their asses on the back?

The better question is why wouldn't they exist, really.

rhandino

Banned
I am watching the live "performances" and the most tragic mess is that all of them are overshadowed, VASTLY, by Rihanna.

I don't know if I must feel happy that she is getting better at it or sad that the rest are not even trying.

tumblr_m9wbqsWFjb1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

I just watched it. Ghastly. Prince didn't like people covering his music for a reason. I already hate Purple Rain and I can see that the awards season is going to beat it into the ground again. R.I.P. Prince. You didn't deserve this.

rhandino

Banned
fucking burn it down. don'tmlet it reproduce

I may or mayb not be drunk y'all

btw you're all great. luv u. specially robudo and geo with their flawless taste. uk pop gaf is great too, u know who you are, and the rest must repent. rhandino sis! shout out! you rock!

repent y'all, repent

i was going to mention bayonetta, sis, but she changed her usename now I dunno who she it. anyway. BUY EMOTION ON ITNUNES TODAY>

WHEWRE ARE MAH DRAGONS YOU GREAT TOO

Jolly joe cory96 plister03bad taste and mau and you know abso-fucing-nothing i love you all . i'm still forgeting half of the great ones, but forgive moi.

k pop hoes i see you

Oh.

bcI0e94.gif

<3

... I miss Blood_Diamonds rn, let me go and listen High by the Beach along some beers =/

Top Bottom