• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Touchdown

Banned
expose her

Touchdown got OT and Gaming Side to vote for Mariah Carey...never forget

0fgUXMo.gif

Mau ®

Make no mistake brehs. POPGAF's fascination with ARTPOP is not and will never about it's shit quality. It's down to the fact that it was such a flop that it leaves us all in suspense as to what will happen next: will Stefano recover from the tragedy and rise to become something more than a tribute artist and a buyer of awards that don't belong to her? Or did she actually lost her fire and now she will forever be confined to be appreciated only by gays who will continue to loyally support her mediocrity, even as far as to endorse a Vegas Residency to convince themselves that she's "back and better than ever"?

Much like Bionic back in it's day, ARTPOP is a comma in a paragraph that could go either way. With Xtina, we recieved the trash that is Lotus and that put an end to people's fascination with her and her status; she was quite clearly a flop and nobody needed to add any more arguments to the case.

Ya'll better pray LG5 delivers, then 😘

Mau ®;204689010 said:
So I consider Florence's "How Big How Blue How Beautiful" to be one of the best 2015 albums, and I greatly enjoy the "Ceremonials" singles, yet I have never heard a single song from "Lungs" besides "Dog Days" until now.

I just heard "Cosmic Love".

I am CHANGED.

cosmic-love-o.gif

Yaaas sis, let Cosmic Love change you forever

Mau ®;204705388 said:
Make no mistake brehs. POPGAF's fascination with ARTPOP is not and will never about it's shit quality. It's down to the fact that it was such a flop that it leaves us all in suspense as to what will happen next: will Stefano recover from the tragedy and rise to become something more than a tribute artist and a buyer of awards that don't belong to her? Or did she actually lost her fire and now she will forever be confined to be appreciated only by gays who will continue to loyally support her mediocrity, even as far as to endorse a Vegas Residency to convince themselves that she's "back and better than ever"?

Much like Bionic back in it's day, ARTPOP is a comma in a paragraph that could go either way. With Xtina, we recieved the trash that is Lotus and that put an end to people's fascination with her and her status; she was quite clearly a flop and nobody needed to add any more arguments to the case.

Let. Them. KNOW!

MrV4ltor

Mau ®;204705388 said:

It better deliver considering all the people she's working with.
Gaga ha Magnum Opus is upon us.

gaga already gave us her magnum opus tho, it's called Born This Way and it came out in 2011. a pop culture momenT.

her next album will probably be piano covers of nile rogers songs so I don't know why anyone would be expecting her magnum opus in that :/

MrV4ltor

Piano Covers? When she's working with Tame Impala, Nile Rodgers, Giorgio Moroder, DJWS, Mark Ronson, BloodPop and writing with Elton and Diane? Legend and Icon Asia Kinney will probably also snatch a feature.
This alberm will slay and be one of the best albums of the year, bookmark me.
This leaked snippet alone slays even though there are twinks whispering and you can barely hear her sing.
It'll still flop because of Titty tho. She's just waiting til Gags releases so she can fuck her over again.

Mau ®;204705388 said:

No lies in this post.

Honestly, if LG5 turns out to be piano songs one after another I'm going to be scared for my queen :(
That's the consensus I'm getting from Ronson

However, DJWS made trap music and created magic with Gaga. He blessed us with the instrumental that is ARTPOP. PHEW! I believe Mark will create magic with Gaga... Hopefully. Pray Gaga brings out his inner Gaga.

llehuty

Hmm, maybe instead of creating a dedicated Gaga thread, someone could create a new pop thread and left this one as it is. Not even Lemonade could save this thread.

MrV4ltor

Is anything coming up now that we have Ariana and 5th Harmony out of the way?
Buy Dangerous Woman on iKoons and throw 7/27 into the trash where it belongs
Thank You.

Love Drought is quite underrated imo

The track change between Sandcastles and Forward just works flawlessly... It works, which is why I don't have anything against Forward. Where it's placed works.

I agree with Yado with 'Freedom'... It was a good song at first but after multiple listens you realise it's not as great as the other tracks

I agree with Yado with 'Freedom'... It was a good song at first but after multiple listens you realise it's not as great as the other tracks
That's how I feel about Daddy Lessons.

Great video, but the song doesn't go anywhere, especially considering how long it is.

Yado

I am not about to cape for Zilch Harmony but the album is nice, inoffensive pop music. Their people know what they're doing.

lklr5.gif

Mau ®;204722016 said:
The Last Guardian whew!

Sony won brehs. 👑

Nothing wrong with this post

Sony slaying (Again!)

Edit: Fire Emblem has FINALLY released here in the UK!

Everyone should buy this amazing game

Fire Slayblem killing careers

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Does The Last Guardian still looks like a PS3 game? Will it be more fun than what they showed the last time which was pretty boring?

Frodo

The Last Guardian talk in 2016?

I was one of those who got a PS3 on the promise of it, but I have zero hype for it, but let us be honest, most of your faves rose and fell since this game was announced and the thing is still in development. There is very little hope it will be the game people want/wanted it to be, in my humble opinion.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The era lost its shot at that the minute the MV was a flop.

21, FROZEN, BEYONCÉ, 1989, and LEMONADE remain the only albums that had a moment this decade.
I would include Teenage Dream simply because it has spawned the most singles off an album that were in the Top 10/20. 25 probably would be put in there as well, simple because "Hello" and the breaking of the album record.

Who's still listening to LEMONADE?

Every day I always have the holy trinity on

6 Inch
Daddy Lessons
Sorry

Hold Up
Sorry
Six Inch
Daddy Lessons
All Night
Formation

Freedom was good at first, but I can only listen to it so many times. Don't Hurt Yourself and Pray You Catch Me are growing on me. Love Drought, Sandcastles and Forward are probably the worst part of the album.

MrV4ltor

Gaga might be performing at a festival in September and the owner of PropaGaga said that the album is coming in Q3...
green.png

Ngl, Not That Kinda Girl is kinda slaying me right now.
TVR2m68.gif

21, FROZEN, BEYONCÉ, 1989, and LEMONADE remain the only albums that had a moment this decade.
I would include Teenage Dream simply because it has spawned the most singles off an album that were in the Top 10/20. 25 probably would be put in there as well, simple because "Hello" and the breaking of the album record.
I personally wasn't a fan, but I think we need to include Beauty Behind the Madness as well.

#justiceforglassheart2012

Love Drought is amazing
yas

speak the truth

Hold Up
Sorry
Six Inch
Daddy Lessons
All Night
Formation

Freedom was good at first, but I can only listen to it so many times. Don't Hurt Yourself and Pray You Catch Me are growing on me. Love Drought, Sandcastles and Forward are probably the worst part of the album.

You're opinion is pretty much the same as me tbh lol

LEMONADE is the first Beyoncé album I keep coming back to. Self Titled didn't click for me, save a select few, and her previous efforts didn't keep me coming back for more.

LEMONADE breaks that trend as it is Beyonce's best album of course. Such a cohesive album!

rhandino

Banned

25 was also iconic sis, It broke a LOT of records in ways that no other artist in the future
not named Adele
will be able to surpass.

giphy.gif

I am enjoying how the Arianators are shook at the thought of Drake blocking ha fave.

MrV4ltor

Looks like Smeghan's new album bombed hard.
And some people had the nerve to say that she would become a major popgirl in no time.
catfish_mhissy_thats_sad_huh.gif

Looks like Smeghan's new album bombed hard.
And some people had the nerve to say that she would become a major popgirl in no time.
Ouch.

Meanwhile:

Speaking of Lemonade, the album stays put at No. 2 for another week, tallying 128,000 units for the week (down 37 percent), with another 92,000 copies sold (down 40 percent). Lemonade was the week’s best selling album, and ranks at No. 1 on the Top Album Sales chart.
Where's roy now with the Bey has no longevity argument?

Drake's #1 with streaming, but she's #1 with sales.

Where the money is.

Making that paper.

Over a month after release.

At least the Pokemon Trainer gets the bronze medal.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday with a Prince insider and he mentioned that he spoke of how Prince thought Lady Gaga was a "trailblazer." I guess he was a lot sicker than he led on. Poor guy.
J9FYc2e.gif

MrV4ltor

I was listening to a podcast yesterday with a Prince insider and he mentioned that he spoke of how Prince thought Lady Gaga was a "trailblazer." I guess he was a lot sicker than he led on. Poor guy.
J9FYc2e.gif

But didn't Prince shade Gaga tho?
His opinion must've changed during the later years or something then. JW must've did ha in at the end.

Top Bottom