• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

MrV4ltor

Only one of her albums, but it's nowhere near the top rn.

RE: Undersized classic
(The Fame Monster)
, a juicy blockbuster
(Lemonade)
and one that gives us all the feels
(E-MO-TION)
. I'm a bad riddler because I lost my virginity while Batman Forever played in the next room.

That's actually a pretty solid list.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
d8bccdb004.png

Charli XCX - True Romance
f(x) - 4 Walls
Janet Jackson - Velvet Rope
Kimbra - Vows
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
Laura Pausini - Laura Pausini (1994)
Madonna - Ray of Light
Natalia Kills - Trouble
Shakira - Donde Estan Los Ladrones?
Wonder Girls - Reboot

Let us REMEMBER that Clairesus Boucheriah A.K.A Grimes released the Album of the Year last year: Art Angels
When will your faves release something as complete and amazing as this album? Nearly every track is amazing with the exception of Garbage like Scream and Art Angels The Song but honestly? This alber gave us the E X P E R I E N C E that is Kill V.Maim , the ear splitting orgasmic screech that is California , and the absolute b o p s that are World Princess P.2 and Venus Fly Trap.

A vote for Art Angles is a vote for QUALITY
2056467306.jpg

Wait, so are we just posting the nominations in here now?
Y'all confuse me.

Nah, they'll need to submit it via Google Forms, these half-steppin' public exposes don't count. Though I do appreciate Vazra's eclectic taste. :d

Also only one of Lana's four albers has more than one vote, they're largely being ignored like she is in everyday life, but it's too early at this point so who knows.

Also who's f(x)

Yado

Let us REMEMBER that Clairesus Boucheriah A.K.A Grimes released the Album of the Year last year: Art Angels

When will your faves release something as complete and amazing as this album? Nearly every track is amazing with the exception of Garbage like Scream and Art Angels The Song but honestly? This alber gave us the E X P E R I E N C E that is Kill V.Maim , the ear splitting orgasmic screech that is California , and the absolute b o p s that are World Princess P.2 and Venus Fly Trap.

A vote for Art Angles is a vote for QUALITY
2056467306.jpg

No one is here for this wood nymph propaganda

delete it
jcS5BkU.gif

Vazra

Nah, they'll need to submit it via Google Forms, these half-steppin' public exposes don't count. Though I do appreciate Vazra's eclectic taste. :d

Also only one of Lana's four albers has more than one vote, they're largely being ignored like she is in everyday life, but it's too early at this point so who knows.

Also who's f(x)

f(x) - 4 Walls

rhandino

Banned
People need to get into Donde Estan los Ladrones and see why Shakira was so beloved before her transition to anglosajon chanteuse...

latest

Each song spoke to they youth of that generation with many of them becoming timeless anthems.

Ojos Asi, Inevitable and Tonta, Ciega, Sordomuda are the classics but then you have gems like Octavo Dia and Tu that rounds the whole thing and elevates the album and transform it into an experience.

Love yourself a bit and get into it!

EDIT: I disagree a bit with Shakira turning to mess once she started to go full english since Oral Fixation Vol 1 and 2 are incredible and the songs are still fresh... it was the rest of her material that went down the toilet and I don't know why or how that happened =/

At least her songs for the World Cups and the theme song of Zootopia are flawless and she is about to release a new song tomorrow with Carlos Vives and I am sure it will serve excellence from the little review that are floating around.

MANUELF

Banned
People need to get into Donde Estan los Ladrones and see why Shakira was so beloved before her transition to anglosajon chanteuse...

latest

Each song spoke to they youth of that generation with many of them becoming timeless anthems.

Ojos Asi, Inevitable and Tonta, Ciega, Sordomuda are the classics but then you have gems like Octavo Dia and Tu that rounds the whole thing and elevates the album and transform it into an experience.

Love yourself a bit and get into it!

Im not a Shakira stan anymore but this album is soooo good, sadly after this one she became trash with the sole exception of Fijacion Oral Vol 1 :´(

The Flop

Banned
Some of y'all are doing the mosT against 7/27. It is a very cohesive album, and miles better then "Reflection".

There are several Bops on the album, and they have grown so much.

Now stream it on Apple Music or Spotify when it's out in your timezone.

giphy.gif

POP GAF SISTERNS!

Remember to cast your vote for the legendary Meghan (Needs a) Trainor!

0888750469120_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

When will any of our faves reach 1 BILLION VIEWS (!!!!!) on their DEBUT SINGLE? Never!
When will any of our faves release the FEMINIST ANTHEM of our generation as a DEBUT? Never!
When will any of our faves be hypocritical feminists like Smegma? Never!
When will any of our faves release holy bops like 'All about That Bass' and the copycat follow up 'Lips are Moving'? Never!
When will any of our faves just come out of nowhere and slay, with this illuminati shit? Never!
When will any of our faves win a GRAMMY for being shit like Meghan? Never!

The choice is clear

Vote 'Title' by Meghan (needs a) Trainor NOW!!!!

Floridian

My top ten albums aren't even pop related. I'll have to work somewhere around this.

Edit: I expect to see Pure Heroine being represented however.

rhandino

Banned
My top ten albums aren't even pop related. I'll have to work somewhere around this.

Pure Heroin and Art Angels considered how many people fawned about it last year.

I'm going to guess that nostalgia is going to play a big factor in the nominations and many will be from artists that released more than one album.

Decarabia

I'd just like to remind y'all that Amy Winehouse had more talent than most of your faves combined so I hope to see her on your lists.

Yeah, I mean, all albums are acceptable but obviously there's little point in submitting something that isn't gonna get any traction in the nominating process. I guess balance is key. Lol

A few notes:

- Dangerous Woman (the song) is a blatant ripoff of Walk Away

- Justin Bieber taking after Thiefoncé it seems. Learn from the best, I say~

- This alberm tournament is going to be so messy. Soulscribe better clench himself for the backlash once the brackets eliminate both Beyoncé and Lemonade in the first round :p

- About to submit my balloT

- Wow, Justified has aged poorly. A Neptunes tea

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

ABOUT THIS GAME:
This tournament will determine the community’s all-around favorite pop album. After an open nominations round, users will vote in a series of 1v1 and 2v2 match-ups that I’ll present.

WHAT ALBUMS QUALIFY FOR NOMINATION?
Pop is an inclusive genre, and as such there are few restrictions on what can be nominated. LPs, EPs, collaborative and soundtrack albums may be considered. To eliminate redundancies, live/concert albums and “greatest hits” releases will not be counted. (No “Immaculate Collection” here, folks! Sorry!)
There are no restrictions on genre or time of release, and there will be no limits on albums per artist (if you want to nominate all 6 Beyonce albums, you can).

HOW WILL THE MATCH-UPS BE CHOSEN?
Depending on the variety of nominations I receive, I may decide to categorize rounds based on general similarities such as sub-genre, solo vs group, decade released, etc. This grouping will be up to me and the finalized categories will be announced. Individual match-ups within these groups will be completely randomized, however. My role is to format the rounds in a logical and exciting way, not to rig or skew the game in anyone’s favor.

AM I PICKING MY FAVORITES, OR THE “BEST”?
That’s a stupid fucking question and you’re an asshole for asking it! “Best” has always been code for “favorite.” Pay no mind to reviews, sales, perception, or your own reputation. Music is personal and I want to know which albums you LOVE. In other words, nominating “Ray of Light” without having listened to it makes you a silly, silly goose.

HOW DO I NOMINATE?
Click the link below, and write in your 10 favorite albums (include both artist and album title please), then click submit. You’re done.
Depending on the breadth of responses I get, I will choose a few dozen of the top-voted albums and group them if needed. Albums with only one vote will not be qualified to move forward to the voting rounds.

I’M READY TO VOTE!
Click here: http://goo.gl/forms/JsXt0TF0ypJAaeca2

Vazra

He's A Rebel has EVERY good Crystals song, EXCEPT for Da Doo Ron Ron, so if you listen to that album, be sure to check out that song too. It's the only downside, especially since Da Doo Ron Ron is my favorite Crystals song.

Arcade Fire is a perfect modern rock record, in that it's not boring as fuck like a good portion of them, and has enough pop influences to satisfy any pop music lover in my opinion. Half Light II & Sprawl II are perfect examples of this, with the former being my favorite on the record.

Yes sis, check them out and let me know :)

I'm pretty much close to the end of Arcade Fire "The Suburbs" (Deluxe Edition) and I can agree that the album is a masterpiece. Its pretty chill and doesn't feel try hard on what is trying to do. The song flow is pretty good from track to track so its pretty cohesive and even if some tracks may sound familiar after a while they throw enough things in to change them enough and to continue be an enjoyable listen. Vocally the guy is nothing special by any means but works perfectly for the style they are going for. Lyrically speaking they have interesting things going on without feeling too repetitive on what it does.

Random recommendation for people with taste before I finish the album and move to the next album.

Artist:Yes
Album:Fragile
Year of Release: 1971

B-Dex

This Bachelorette premiere is the epitome of trainwreck. And mess at the 2 Canadians from Vancouver being Tabris clones.

Stay observations from my tallying binge just now:

- Who knew we had so many Katy stans up in here? Kind of shameful but I'm delighted at this exposè for one right now.

- One album is so far ahead of the others in votes right now that it's bizarre. I'd be shocked if it won the whole game though.

- Currently overperforming: Adele, Madonna, Carly. Underperforming: Gaga, Rihanna, Grimes. Where are all the stans?

- Exactly 20 albums are tied with a decent amount of votes so far, but only a few may make it to the game. Includes albums like Body Talk, 4, Ultraviolence, Born This Way, The Fame, 21 and Art Angels.

- ANTi and Donde Esta La Biblioteca are doing pretty damn well. Let's see if they maintain it...

Stay observations from my tallying binge just now:

- Who knew we had so many Katy stans up in here? Kind of shameful but I'm delighted at this exposè for one right now.

- One album is so far ahead of the others in votes right now that it's bizarre. I'd be shocked if it won the whole game though.

- Currently overperforming: Adele, Madonna, Carly. Underperforming: Gaga, Rihanna, Grimes. Where are all the stans?

- Exactly 20 albums are tied with a decent amount of votes so far, but only a few may make it to the game. Includes albums like Body Talk, 4, Ultraviolence, Born This Way, The Fame, 21 and Art Angels.

- ANTi and Donde Esta La Biblioteca are doing pretty damn well. Let's see if they maintain it...
Can you leaK the lists at the end and see how many of us claim our selection

:-}

I've already gone on record as saying that Back to Basics is the best pop album. I hope at least one other person in this community agrihD

Phreaker

Can you leaK the lists at the end and see how many of us claim our selection

:-}

I've already gone on record as saying that Back to Basics is the best pop album. I hope at least one other person in this community agrihD

Yes, the full list must be exposed at the end.

Top Bottom