• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Um NO, I voted for The Fame and The Fame Monster. Someone actually thought I voted for Artpop???

LiqgaQc.gif

Rihlieved tbh
Lm541tY.gif

I am here to campaign for yet another amazing, life-changing, orgasmic album. That's right, I'm talking about none other than ULTRAVIOLENCE released by LANASUS DEL REYSIAH in 2014. When will your faves deliver such a powerful and raw album that has the ability to fuel drug and alcohol abuse? When?

In Ultraviolence, Lanalah leaves behind the dusty wigs and short dresses and evolves her sound into something much more dark, gritty, and sensual. Let us not forget the way the opening track Cruel World sets the tone for the album with it's amazing melody and Lana's incredible lyrics "Put my little red party dress on, everybody knows that I'm the best, I'm crazy." Then, Ultraviolence (the song) lets us K N O W that Lana is NOT holding back this time with lyrics like "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" When will your fucking disgusting faves embrace themselves the way Lizzus Grantsus does??? NEVER. Then, in Shades of Cool Lana sings over juicy, orgasmic guitars and declares her love for Daddy [redacted]! But that's not all- God herself then delivers a breathtaking song by the title of "Brooklyn Baby" with ICONIC and (accidentally) feminist lyrics like "Yeah my boyfriend's pretty cool, but he's not as cool as me"

The rest of Ultraviolence is just as amazing, with some of Lana's best songs (Fucked My Way Up To The Top, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry)

So remember who REALLY deserves a nomination? You know that the answer is Ultraviolence, so vote for UV TODAY.
hillary-clinton-secretary-of-state-csis-722x480.jpg

ULTRAVIOLENCE AND PARADISE are getting my votes sis!
Never have I been slayed so hard just by a voice, a voice that transcends space and time.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I am here to campaign for yet another amazing, life-changing, orgasmic album. That's right, I'm talking about none other than ULTRAVIOLENCE released by LANASUS DEL REYSIAH in 2014. When will your faves deliver such a powerful and raw album that has the ability to fuel drug and alcohol abuse? When?

In Ultraviolence, Lanalah leaves behind the dusty wigs and short dresses and evolves her sound into something much more dark, gritty, and sensual. Let us not forget the way the opening track Cruel World sets the tone for the album with it's amazing melody and Lana's incredible lyrics "Put my little red party dress on, everybody knows that I'm the best, I'm crazy." Then, Ultraviolence (the song) lets us K N O W that Lana is NOT holding back this time with lyrics like "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" When will your fucking disgusting faves embrace themselves the way Lizzus Grantsus does??? NEVER. Then, in Shades of Cool Lana sings over juicy, orgasmic guitars and declares her love for Daddy [redacted]! But that's not all- God herself then delivers a breathtaking song by the title of "Brooklyn Baby" with ICONIC and (accidentally) feminist lyrics like "Yeah my boyfriend's pretty cool, but he's not as cool as me"

The rest of Ultraviolence is just as amazing, with some of Lana's best songs (Fucked My Way Up To The Top, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry)

So remember who REALLY deserves a nomination? You know that the answer is Ultraviolence, so vote for UV TODAY.
hillary-clinton-secretary-of-state-csis-722x480.jpg
Hmm, maybe I should have voted for Ultraviolence over Justin Bieber's Purpose...or at least Honeymoon, like yeash what was I thinking...still I can't even listen to Ultraviolence...it's way too sad...and I just don't want to be sad anymore.

MANUELF

Banned
Hmm, maybe I should have voted for Ultraviolence over Justin Bieber's Purpose...or at least Honeymoon, like yeash what was I thinking...still I can't even listen to Ultraviolence...it's way too sad...and I just don't want to be sad anymore.

Love Yourself literally

MrV4ltor

Not even I am going to vote for ARTPOOP. Jolly Rancher will probably be the only one who voted for it kiii.
BTW and TFM are the only 2 albums of hers in my top 10.
The Filler can stay in 2008.
Lm541tY.gif

Am I really gonna be the only one who has a Blondie alberm on their list? And y'all wanna talk about qualiTy... smh

How come UV and Paradise are getting more love than Paradise? I thought she and Gaga shared the curse of having The EPs be their strongest work?

Phreaker

That last vocal of Madonna's "Rain" is like the only note that never fails to bring me chills.

Euphoric queen slay bitch.

PHOTO_8277254_119720_9787361_main.gif

VOTE FOR EROTICA.

I voted for two Madonna albums, but none that have been mentioned. Some of these noms though, y'all need to look back - Justin Beiber even being considered as someone to have released one of the best albums of all times, really?

nmbp.gif

~
So tell me what do you prescribe for these symptoms

A heart beating faster and work is a disaster

I'm lovesick when you're not around

Check me over

When strong hands and healing

I'm dancing on the ceiling

Fever sure has got me good

What you do when fever takes hold

I can't help but need this drug

Don't you feel the fever like I do

Feel the FEVER
~

tumblr_o2zb16zKMj1qa7fv2o1_r1_250.gif

~
So tell me what do you prescribe for these symptoms

A heart beating faster and work is a disaster

I'm lovesick when you're not around

Check me over

When strong hands and healing

I'm dancing on the ceiling

Fever sure has got me good

What you do when fever takes hold

I can't help but need this drug

Don't you feel the fever like I do

Feel the fever
~

tumblr_o2zb16zKMj1qa7fv2o1_r1_250.gif

!!!

The best song on Fever which incidentally is one of the greatest pop albums of the past 15 years.

WaffleTaco

Love Yourself literally
Probably should...tis my curse though.

Honestly I always translated the Love Yourself in his song as Fuck Yourself, and wish he had done an explicit version of it.

I voted for two Madonna albums, but none that have been mentioned. Some of these noms though, y'all need to look back - Justin Beiber even being considered as someone to have released one of the best albums of all times, really?

nmbp.gif
I...just got back into Pop last year after basically an absence since maybe 2010, and the only albums I listened to before that were maybe like a Rihanna album and Lady Gaga. So I'm actually quite limited in my favs. Plus I only did one album per artist otherwise I might have put self-titled and Ultraviolence on there.

llehuty

Not even I am going to vote for ARTPOOP. Jolly Rancher will probably be the only one who voted for it kiii.
BTW and TFM are the only 2 albums of hers in my top 10.
The Filler can stay in 2008.
Lm541tY.gif

Am I really gonna be the only one who has a Blondie alberm on their list? And y'all wanna talk about qualiTy... smh

ARTPOP was the album of the millennium!

ARTPOP doesn't deserve a vote
Bookmarked.

One person voted for ARTPOP :p
Has to be Garrett... Or someone is lying...
200.gif

WaffleTaco

Omg just got done listening to 7/27 and it's so much better than I thought...probably my third fav this year behind Anti and Lemonade. Rly surprised...although honestly the Flex song is bopable...not sure if it will do good as a single. Fetty Wap is a 2015 fad...

The Flop

Banned
Omg just got done listening to 7/27 and it's so much better than I thought...probably my third fav this year behind Anti and Lemonade. Rly surprised...although honestly the Flex song is bopable...not sure if it will do good as a single. Fetty Wap is a 2015 fad...

Let them know. Happy 7/27 day!

Phreaker

Vote for 7/27 ;)

Two votes for ARTPOP! Rise, phoenix... RISE

I'll be setting a deadline for voting on the next page, so make sure to send your vote in ASAP if you haven't already.

Currently tied in votes:

FutureSex/LoveSounds & The 20/20 Experience Part 1
21 & 4
Ray of Light & ANTi
Born This Way & Erotica
Ultraviolence & Pure Heroine (God, they belong together)
The Emancipation of Mimi & Body Talk
The Fame Monster & BEYONCE (Self-Titled)

Nominations close tonight @ 5pm PST/7pm CST/8pm EST.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

ABOUT THIS GAME:
This tournament will determine the community’s all-around favorite pop album. After an open nominations round, users will vote in a series of 1v1 and 2v2 match-ups that I’ll present.

WHAT ALBUMS QUALIFY FOR NOMINATION?
Pop is an inclusive genre, and as such there are few restrictions on what can be nominated. LPs, EPs, collaborative and soundtrack albums may be considered. To eliminate redundancies, live/concert albums and “greatest hits” releases will not be counted. (No “Immaculate Collection” here, folks! Sorry!)
There are no restrictions on genre or time of release, and there will be no limits on albums per artist (if you want to nominate all 6 Beyonce albums, you can).

HOW WILL THE MATCH-UPS BE CHOSEN?
Depending on the variety of nominations I receive, I may decide to categorize rounds based on general similarities such as sub-genre, solo vs group, decade released, etc. This grouping will be up to me and the finalized categories will be announced. Individual match-ups within these groups will be completely randomized, however. My role is to format the rounds in a logical and exciting way, not to rig or skew the game in anyone’s favor.

AM I PICKING MY FAVORITES, OR THE “BEST”?
That’s a stupid fucking question and you’re an asshole for asking it! “Best” has always been code for “favorite.” Pay no mind to reviews, sales, perception, or your own reputation. Music is personal and I want to know which albums you LOVE. In other words, nominating “Ray of Light” without having listened to it makes you a silly, silly goose.

HOW DO I NOMINATE?
Click the link below, and write in your 10 favorite albums (include both artist and album title please), then click submit. You’re done.
Depending on the breadth of responses I get, I will choose a few dozen of the top-voted albums and group them if needed. Albums with only one vote will not be qualified to move forward to the voting rounds.

I’M READY TO VOTE!
Click here: http://goo.gl/forms/JsXt0TF0ypJAaeca2

KmA

Has anyone listened to Yuna's new album "Chapters"? It's kind of amazing y'all please check it out it's been on repeat since I bought it.

Omggggggg this is getting good. We may have a tiebreaker round since right now we have like 10 albums tied for the last 3 spots. :O

It's crazy to look at this list and realize there are SO MANY GOOD ALBUMS

rhandino

Banned
Has anyone listened to Yuna's new album "Chapters"? It's kind of amazing y'all please check it out it's been on repeat since I bought it.
Yuna has a new album out? Her self-titled is great and I remember that I had one of her EP on rihpeat.

Let me go and check it.

fbw17r.gif

How many albums will enter the fight?

Off Topic: atrl is a mess right now with all the new members

28-32, most of the rounds will be matchups of 4.

(I might change my mind if we have too many with equal votes, really my goal is to offer as much variety without the game taking forever, so we'll see)

Top Bottom