• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

When basic straight white girls scream "YASSSSSSSS" at the dumbest shit

tumblr_inline_o5loukJ5f11qk7hq5_500.gif

Tbh I only say YAAAAAAAAAS just for the hell of it, and because of my mums German heritage, sounds similar to JAAAA

tumblr_inline_o5loukJ5f11qk7hq5_500.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I've been really feeling Alicia Keys - In Common today
giphy.gif

Majmun

It took me a while before I started to like Bjork. The first four albums are amazing. Come to me, Army of Me, Unravel, Hidden Place and Pagan Poetry are very special tracks to me.

But I couldn't get into Biophilia, Volta and Medula.

Vulnicura is great btw.

3phemeral

VOTING CLOSES:
t1465153200z2.png

I'll try again tbh

Yeah, you definitely should. I went from liking certain Bjork songs to listening to Debut and it suddenly clicking and hitting me like a wave of feels. You should really give her a shot. Her more experimental work isn't really something that's a "casual" listening experience. But I think you'd think a lot of songs from Debut, Post, and Homogenic.

I'd say her most easily appreciated songs from those 3 albums would be:

Human Behavior
Crying
One Day
Come to Me

---

Army of Me
Hyperballad
Possibly Maybe
Isobel

---

Hunter
Joga
Bachelorette
All is Full of Love

Plus, her voice isn't used in a very traditional pop sense. She'll swing from incoherent ramblings, child-like innocence, then suddenly to full belted notes, sometimes affected with some phlegmatic grunts and yelps. :)

77Svlq

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
trying out daydream because of this voting and its making me sleepy
five tracks in and it sounds like a 90s rom com soundtrack

It took me a while before I started to like Bjork. The first four albums are amazing. Come to me, Army of Me, Unravel, Hidden Place and Pagan Poetry are very special tracks to me.

But I couldn't get into Biophilia, Volta and Medula.

Vulnicura is great btw.

Same here. Used to think she sounded like absolute nonsense whenever I heard one of her songs so I never gave her the time.

But I listened to Vespertine one night in winter and suddenly it just clicked with me. Vespertine is an amazingly gorgeous album and will always be my fav by her.

Yeah, you definitely should. I went from liking certain Bjork songs to listening to Debut and it suddenly clicking and hitting me like a wave of feels. You should really give her a shot. Her more experimental work isn't really something that's a "casual" listening experience. But I think you'd think a lot of songs from Debut, Post, and Homogenic.

I'd say her most easily appreciated songs from those 3 albums would be:

Human Behavior
Crying
One Day
Come to Me

---

Army of Me
Hyperballad
Possibly Maybe
Isobel

---

Hunter
Joga
Bachelorette
All is Full of Love

Plus, her voice isn't used in a very traditional pop sense. She'll swing from incoherent ramblings, child-like innocence, then suddenly to full belted notes, sometimes affected with some phlegmatic grunts and yelps. :)

77Svlq

Perfect post, try to get into ha again Soulscribe. ;)

77Svlq

Katy versus Taylor versus Carly versus Bjork. Who made it out alive?

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - E-MO-TION (Carly Rae Jepsen), HOMOGENIC (Bjork)
carlyraejepsen2015cd.jpg
homogenic-bj-rk-cd-cover-art.jpg

ELIMINATED - TEENAGE DREAM (Katy Perry), 1989 (Taylor Swift)
teenage-dream-katy-perry-cd-cover-art.jpg
200x200-MI0003796336.jpg

E-MO-TION took the cake here by a landslide. 75% of you had that as one of your choices.

Capture_zpsm5fd8xvg.png

E-MO-TION and HOMOGENIC move up to round 2. We'll revisit them soon. BRACKET E COMING UP SHORTLY!

I started writing up a list of reasons to vote for Born This Way, so I'll post it later. In anticipation for this write-up, go ahead and vote for Born This Way now so that there's less pressure on me. THANKS <3

MrV4ltor

Vote for Born This Way aka the album of the millenium that helped with the recruitment of gay teens for the gay agenda!
Also voted for Marina aka the discoverer of every froot known to mankind.
And every album I've voted for has moved on to the next round so far.

wtf is wrong with that born to die message, gross.

I voted BTD and FROOT, I know Gaga is probably going to take this but i have to give mariner my vote.

rhandino

Banned
Talent won! I cannot at the lack of respecy towards Bjorksus in this thread though.

ANYWAY! I voted for Born this Way and Born to Bottom as anyone with a brain would tbh

PWBLhxV.jpg

Those descriptions are ending me, lol

Top Bottom