• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Sulik2

POPGAF help, I'm seeing Selena Gomez tomorrow night. I think I have only ever heard one of her songs. Any songs I should at least know before the show?

Vazduh

POPGAF help, I'm seeing Selena Gomez tomorrow night. I think I have only ever heard one of her songs. Any songs I should at least know before the show?

Yes.

Love You Like A Love Song
Come and Get It
Same Old Love
Good For You
Sober

And... that's it, I guess? I can't remember the rest

O2bJDuF.gif

rhandino

Banned
Get into Revival

h6QPUbf.png

Same Old Love, Hands to Myself, Sober and Me & the Rhythm are legit bops.

E2Awf0J.gif

Vazduh

Billboard top 10
1. Drake - One Dance
2. Desiigner - Panda
3. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
4. 5th Harmony - Work From Home
5. Chainsmokers ft Daya - Don't Let Me Down
6. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
7. Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
8. Rihanna - Needed Me
9. Calvin Harris & Rih - This Is What You Came For
10. P!nk - Just Like Fire

Wait, two Rih songs in the top 10.

And people thought ANTI was over.

MrV4ltor

Elton: "I've heard 2 or 3 songs from her new record, which she's making with mark ronson, and it's f—absolutely brilliant, so you're gonna be really happy when you hear that later in the year or early next year!"

qKAjQvN.gif

Welp, at least he's saying that the music is good and we also know that he thoguth ARTPOP was bad.

rhandino

Banned
Its amazing how much P!nk is slaying with the theme song for a flop movie and yet she is payed dust in this comm at every opportunity.

PWBLhxV.gif

Its amazing how much P!nk is slaying with the theme song for a flop movie and yet she is payed dust in this comm at every opportunity.

PWBLhxV.gif

P!NK is amazing sis! Her collection of bops is unbeatable

Her talent is real! Ha song 'Stupid Girls' and 'So What' are timeless classics alongside 'Who Knew'. I agree, we should appreciate her more

PWBLhxV.gif

Meowster

Little Monsters about to experience their own pre-ANTI era. Have fun~
I was kinda expecting it.. why release an album and deal with being overlooked by Lemonade and 25? Possibly even Katy Perry's album? Just as long as the lead single is out before the year is over, I'll be good. Otherwise.. well... hm.

MANUELF

Banned
Billboard top 10
1. Drake - One Dance
2. Desiigner - Panda
8. Rihanna - Needed Me
The good sis P!nk slaying with a movie song, so very deserved

PWBLhxV.gif
Not by me, she is one of my faves
P!NK is amazing sis! Her collection of bops is unbeatable

Her talent is real! Ha song 'Stupid Girls' and 'So What' are timeless classics alongside 'Who Knew'. I agree, we should appreciate her more

PWBLhxV.gif
for starters Im not dead deserved to enter the game, Was I the only one who voted for it?

Floridian

Except it won't be trash like ANTIsales.

I'll wait to hear the hopefully non-dated single from the album first before I'll determine the quality but considering neither ARTPOP nor C2C are even platinum certified it's hilariously ironic that your fanbase would come for someone else's sales. And her last single peaked somewhere in the 70s so at this point, you guys should hope that she'll be able to produce at least a top 10. JT, P!NK & Beyonce (heck even Mike Posner) were able to.

rhandino

Banned
Except it won't be trash like ANTIsales.
ANTIsales? The album was given for free at launch (and even then she got paid for all those copies thanks to the Samsung deal) and even after THAT it continues to sell well after release

Also the first single stayed EFFORTLESSLY at the #1 spot while Lady Flopga did the absolute most trying to make Applause happen and was clockeD by Katy Perry's Roar.

tbh it almost feels like Gaga is waiting that all the other girls announce their next eras so she can try and drop in a date where she can try to capture the eyes of the GP again.

Remember when Gaga was slowly climbing her way back to relevancy with all those awards and performances only for all of it to crash and burn with the terrible Bowie tribute, Lorde shitting all over her tribute, and Samantha Smith snatching that award from her? Whew

Remember when Gaga was slowly climbing her way back to relevancy with all those awards and performances only for all of it to crash and burn with the terrible Bowie tribute, Lorde shitting all over her tribute, and Samantha Smith snatching that award from her? Whew

"Crash and burn"???? LOOOOOOL

Gaga did not "crash and burn" lol, she was critically acclaimed throughout the WHOLE of Feburary!

Ha performance at the OSCARs was legendary and received so much love from many people.

Gaga is still in relevancy unlike your suicidal fave

"Crash and burn"???? LOOOOOOL

Gaga did not "crash and burn" lol, she was critically acclaimed throughout the WHOLE of Feburary!

Ha performance at the OSCARs was legendary and received so much love from many people.

Gaga is still in relevancy unlike your suicidal fave
wow!!! a WHOLE MONTH!!!

Yeah because your fave isn't even worth it, lbr.
because she knows how to spend her money. Gaga is going to file bankruptcy sooner or later if she keeps trying to buy her way back to relevancy. Langod spends her money on drugs, your fave spends it in unreleased videos and failed eras.

MrV4ltor

because she knows how to spend her money. Gaga is going to file bankruptcy sooner or later if she keeps trying to buy her way back to relevancy. Langod spends her money on drugs, your fave spends it in unreleased videos and failed eras.

Come back to me when Lana has achieved a Top 5 hit.
See you never.

You talk of Gaga buying her way into relevancy...

... But didn't your fave buy her way into a record deal?

Lana: Thank you daddy

MrV4ltor

we'll see about that when your fave is too busy milking a cow in her farm "later this year"

Sorry to disappoint you, but Queen's farm only houses legendary animal species like chickens and horses!
No peasant animals like cows allowed, sorry!
Other than that time Adele visited her, but there have to be exceptions to every rule, I guess.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't see why you two are arguing about gaga and lana, the similarities are striking.

Both burst onto the scene, with a large amount of commotion about their image and the image they project
both released an ep to extend their first albums that are objectively the best thing they've done
their second albums were successes, both sold well but were front loaded compared to their predecessors and didn't reach those heights. A significant amount of the respective fanbases argue this is their best work. They are wrong.
Their third albums arrived to less fanfare, less sales and less relevance. Both felt rushed and are only included in discussion whilst we wait for their next projects, upon which they will be forgotten.

Now I cant find the gif of some woman writing on a chalkboard then walking away from it like some smug shit, so enjoy viola davis instead
murder.gif

The Flop

Banned
Billboard top 10
1. Drake - One Dance
2. Desiigner - Panda
8. Rihanna - Needed Me

Whew at the longevity of this song.

MrV4ltor

I don't see why you two are arguing about gaga and lana, the similarities are striking.

Both burst onto the scene, with a large amount of commotion about their image and the image they project
both released an ep to extend their first albums that are objectively the best thing they've done
their second albums were successes, both sold well but were front loaded compared to their predecessors and didn't reach those heights. A significant amount of the respective fanbases argue this is their best work. They are wrong.
Their third albums arrived to less fanfare, less sales and less relevance. Both felt rushed and are only included in discussion whilst we wait for their next projects, upon which they will be forgotten.

Now I cant find the gif of some woman writing on a chalkboard then walking away from it like some smug shit, so enjoy viola davis instead
murder.gif

You're pretty much comparing a local indie act to a major popstar.
It's like comparing elephants with eggplants.

MANUELF

Banned

murder.gif
jWw6m.gif

Top Bottom