• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
Ooops! RealMusicGAF is not playing around.

PWBLhxV.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Seriously Bjork and Emotion won...so fucking gross...as gross as Born This Way. The only sensible people are Lana and Florence.

True, I was expecting Lana to have more impact on your voteS, but she is closing in on Florence now. BTD was one of most nominated albums too (versus Florence barely qualifying) so this would definitely be a peculiar loss........

.... Vote for Born This Way

rhandino

Banned
I am going to guess that maybe not many people voted for Florence to "not waste a vote" and now that the album is in they are showing full support.

Lana is a rare case in which I do remember the album being very praised in this comm (early days, I was not even a member in GAF) but many of the members that staned it are no longer with us.

I voted for Born to Die because Lorde dissected the whole thing and then delivered a, imho, superior product in the form of Pure Heroine.

Lorde said:
I was listening to a lot of rap, but also a lot of Lana Del Rey, because she’s obviously really hip-hop influenced, but all those references to expensive alcohol, beautiful clothes and beautiful cars – I was thinking, 'This is so opulent, but it’s also bullshit.'

I dunno, this community threw up a referendum on Taylor and Katy lately and for good reason. Their brand is squeaky clean, safe, and uninspired. As much as we love pop music we also love women who are fierce, creative and unique. They sure as hell ain't.

tbh I'm not really expecting Lana to win because this comm is full of people who stan things like britney and meghan trainer and like ??? why would you expect taste from that???

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vb1BqOUNxWC5naWYifQ.NxZmgN6UHCiPxZ78q8wvKpgALXQ.gif

and also im pretty sure "real music" GAF is lurking in here and voting

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vb1BqOUNxWC5naWYifQ.NxZmgN6UHCiPxZ78q8wvKpgALXQ.gif

Frodo

I dunno, this community threw up a referendum on Taylor and Katy lately and for good reason. Their brand is squeaky clean, safe, and uninspired. As much as we love pop music we also love women who are fierce, creative and unique. They sure as hell ain't.

I honestly thought 1989 would make it. E.MO.TION is redeemed.

Zutroy

Looks like Brits new single might be a slow/mid tempo, Breathe On Me 2.0 jam!

Leaked in the background from her music video shoot!

Link

Decarabia

VOTE FOR FLORENCE

I DON'T CARE WHO ELSE GETS IN THIS ROUND, JUST VOTE FOR THE TRUE QUEEN

Quoted for emphasis.

I urge everyone who hasn't already to give HBHBHB a listen. It's a great album, one of the overlooked gems of 2015 and unless you're one of those [redacted] whose [redacted] can't react to anything except basic EDM beats anymore
probably as a result of irreversible ear trauma from listening to the latest efforts of whatever tragic creature you stan (you know who you are)
then I think you would like it. :)

MrV4ltor

I can't believe how you looked at me
With your James Dean glossy eyes
In your tight jeans with your long hair
And your cigarette stained lies

Could we fix you if you broke?
And is your punch line just a joke?

I'll never talk again
Oh boy you've left me speechless
You've left me speechless, so speechless

And I'll never love again,
Oh boy you've left me speechless
You've left me speechless, so speechless

tumblr_mi6bxbLDV61qh24xyo1_500.gif

B-Dex

Screaming. Which one of you hos worked on scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse? Making the Iggy stan cause it.

Floridian

Billboard top 10
1. Drake - One Dance
2. Desiigner - Panda
3. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
4. 5th Harmony - Work From Home
5. Chainsmokers ft Daya - Don't Let Me Down
6. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
7. Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
8. Rihanna - Needed Me
9. Calvin Harris & Rih - This Is What You Came For
10. P!nk - Just Like Fire

Billboard top 10
1. Drake - One Dance
2. Desiigner - Panda
3. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
4. 5th Harmony - Work From Home
5. Chainsmokers ft Daya - Don't Let Me Down
6. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
7. Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
8. Rihanna - Needed Me
9. Calvin Harris & Rih - This Is What You Came For
10. P!nk - Just Like Fire

I think I'm old.

Literally every song in this top ten is complete trash. I'm so glad I've fully embraced Real Music™ already.

Top Bottom