• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil HD |OT|

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Thinking of finally playing this, got my unopened PC copy somewhere here. Does the GOG version add anything (compatibility wise) or am I good to go on W7?

Borrowed this and played for about an hour. From what I played it seemed quite good.

I'll be giving it another try on day one and will more than likely buy it for 800 points....

El Sloth

Banned
Played it and fell in love with it on the original Xbox. Will definitely be picking this up later. For once I actually have the points!

adg1034

watkinzez said:
I did not know Christophe had a website. So awesome that after 8 years we're getting not one, but two new games with his music. <3

Three if you include BG&E2. Rayman, BG&E2, and Tintin. The next twelve months should be quite interesting.

seady

This game is really quite amazing. Involving story, lovable characters, fantastic art style. We rarely see something like this this generation.

boingball

Great OT.

Can't wait, finished the PS2 version back when and liked it a lot.
Can't wait to play the HD version.

PSN: TBA
wtf?!?!

Guess, I have to wait...

mr jones said:
I'm glad that Jade looks "ethnic."

I have the Gamecube version, guess I'll have to decide on whether I want to double dip...
I heard she's supposed to be black. A black female protagonist in her own game and not just a sidekick or part of a roster?

That would be a first (and last I'm sure) ever in the history of videogames.

big_z

Dark Octave said:
I heard she's supposed to be black. A black female protagonist in her own game and not just a sidekick or part of a roster?

shes not black, she was designed to be a little bit of everything so that to the player she could be whatever you want. technically she has no ethnicity since she's a space people.

I cannot wait to finally finish this game.

My first xbox bricked when I bought it.

Also, did anyone else make a killing on this disc back in the day? I remember Gamestop was selling it at $50 and giving $20 credit the same week Circuit City dropped it to $9.99 so I bought every copy in the store and got a ton of credit.

overcast

After hearing about this for years I can finally try it. Hopefully it doesn't let me down. 800 points is beautiful to see though.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm really excited about this release... I hope the port is decent. I've owned both PC and Gamecube versions and I was never quite satisfied with either of them...

I never finished it (PS2), I got stuck (I am sure by a bug) in the game.

It's after you are doing those hovercraft races, there was something about the 3rd Race and that how that leads you to carry on with the game. I could never find either the 3rd race or the route to continue, can't remember which now. I should probably turn it on again and give it another go, it was great up until that point

Rocwell

I bought the game on pc during a steam sale and I have to say I felt it didn't live up to the hype. On the one hand I appreciate the great variety of the gameplay, but on the other it felt like the great variety led to everything feeling a bit unpolished. Nonetheless I appreciate its ambitiousness and the area where they really succeeded in was creating a lively world full of interesting and likable characters while putting you in a rather unusual role as a photojournalist/revolutionary.

I'm really eager to see more details on the sequel they've had in the works for some time now, but at the same time I hope they take all the time they need to get everything dialed just the way they need it.

It's still definitely worth a play but you should temper your expectations with the fact that it's a game that's over 7 years old now.

Ramenman

watkinzez said:
I did not know Christophe had a website. So awesome that after 8 years we're getting not one, but two new games with his music. <3

He usually doesn't work for games though, BG&E is more the exception than the rule. I know he makes music for animated shorts for example.

watkinzez

Ramenman said:
He usually doesn't work for games though, BG&E is more the exception than the rule. I know he makes music for animated shorts for example.

Sure, but his other work is a damn sight harder to find if you're not French. All I could find when I looked about a year ago was a 5-minute short film he did as part of a DVD compilation, and the asking price was way too high for what I'd get out of it.
Having just checked Amazon now, though, it seems an animated film he scored called Eleanor's Secret is getting an English release, so I'll probably pick that up!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
one more day. looking forward to playing through this again. really hope it does well, maybe its being used a feeler for the demand for ancil's sequel.

jhawk6

Never played this when it was originally released. I am ready to rectify my sins when it releases this time :)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Finally I'll get to play this game.

I have it for the PC but it runs TERRIBLY. Just a horrible port all around.

always felt this game was way over rated internet darling because it sold like shit and was thought to never get a sequel.

The ending was stupid. the stealth was garbage the combat boring. The story and characters were cool though the fake captain quark I forget his name was hilarous and the way he story goes was a trip.

But if you play games for gameplay I really think there are so many other better games out there than this.

KennyLinder said:
I never finished it (PS2), I got stuck (I am sure by a bug) in the game.

It's after you are doing those hovercraft races, there was something about the 3rd Race and that how that leads you to carry on with the game. I could never find either the 3rd race or the route to continue, can't remember which now. I should probably turn it on again and give it another go, it was great up until that point

I hated that part. It's been a while, but
I recall something about the third race where you have to use a ramp to jump off the track at one point over a barrier to continue the story. Pretty sure I had to GameFAQs that part to continue.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Buckethead said:
Such a good game...

*weeps uncontrollably over knowledge a second one will never see the light of day*
What "knowledge?"

They have said, recently, that it's still being worked on, but it's being worked on by a small team.

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
always felt this game was way over rated internet darling because it sold like shit and was thought to never get a sequel.

The ending was stupid. the stealth was garbage the combat boring. The story and characters were cool though the fake captain quark I forget his name was hilarous and the way he story goes was a trip.

But if you play games for gameplay I really think there are so many other better games out there than this.

Gamespot user review?

I completely missed out on BGE the first time around and really want to pick it up but I'm worried most of the recommendations are coming from people that have already played the original. Anyone get preview/review code that never played it before?

TylDurden

Banned
CitizenCope said:
Damn, you may have just unsold me on this. Sneaking is one of my least favorite things in gaming.
Yeah, its mediocre at best. The game has character though. I bought it for $5 about this time last year and played through it. I don't understand all the hype around it, sure it was worth $5 but I can see why it didn't sell very well at the full $50. I guess its worth a play-through just to know what everyone's talking about, unfortunately all that talk will diminish its value since it was 'great' in the first place.

krae_man

BarrenMind said:
I hated that part. It's been a while, but
I recall something about the third race where you have to use a ramp to jump off the track at one point over a barrier to continue the story. Pretty sure I had to GameFAQs that part to continue.

Yes, the entrance to the Slaughterhouse is on the race track

Love this game, though I made the poor choice of getting the PC version over the Gamecube or XBox version when it came to choosing my version (when the game was still easy to find in bargain bins). Was hell getting it to run properly, and it was only after fiddling around with my graphics card and finding out there was a patch hidden around online that I got tit to run properly on my laptop. Once I upgraded to a desktop running Windows 7 it seemed like my old laptop was the only way I'd have a chance of replaying this.

Definitely going to get this off XBLA soon as I can, if not for a proper copy of the game then to drum up support for BG&E2 and Michel Ancel.

WJD

The only thing that annoyed me about BG&E was the combat, but no harm in trying again is there!

Dark Octave said:

Urban Chaos says hi.

(and it's a cool game too)

Pooya

Bge-bg_body.jpg

TylDurden

Banned
Astrosanity said:
Love this game, though I made the poor choice of getting the PC version over the Gamecube or XBox version when it came to choosing my version (when the game was still easy to find in bargain bins).
Still is. I snagged the PS2 version for $5 from gamestop, book, disc and case, all in mint condish about this time last year. Played it on my BC PS3. The other day I was at another local gamestop and saw another one, fully loaded, mint condish. I only had one problem in the PS2 version and that was later in the game I did some stuff out of order and couldn't move on, I only had to reload a save about a half hour prior to fix it, other than that no glitches what so ever.

Pooya

NOTE: It's 720p 60fps, not 1080p.
A legendary classic, remastered in 720p – Created by the studio behind the Rayman series, Beyond Good and Evil received multiple awards from the world gaming press: IGN’s best adventure game and best story in 2003. In 2004, it was nominated for three IGDA Best-of-Year awards: Game of the Year, Original Game Character of the Year, and Excellence in Game Design. But now, this already awesome game just got better: 720p graphics, enhanced character models, upgraded textures, and a remastered musical score.

Top Bottom