• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil HD |OT|

Astrosanity said:
... Is it just me, or does it look like Jade's moments from twisting her ankle in that pic?

Her foot is also completely clipping through the ground.

Ubisoft doesn't even bother fixing bugs in WALLPAPER.

aj8bit

Turns out that now I feel lucky to have never been able to hunt down the gamecube version of this. Every time I would go to any of the game stores locally I would always look for it but had absolutely zero luck.

I'm pretty excited to experience this for the first time!

Pooya

bgehd-project-1920x1084a0f.jpg

esk1mo420

Own this for GCN and beat it numerous times. Plan to play it again thru PSN. Love this game. Has everything, cool world, great characters, Charm and a cool mix of different gameplay styles. Its length seems perfect as well. One can bang this out on a weekend no doubt.

Malio

Despite having a gamecube, and hearing great things about it, I just never got around to playing it. Since it's 800 points, I'll pick this up!

jtrov

Sadly, I never played the original last generation, so I'm pretty excited for this HD re-release. I hear so many great things about this game, and whenever the name Zelda is thrown around in comparisons, it certainly makes me wish I didn't sleep on this game in the past.

Can't wait to buy it tomorrow.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
60fps is indeed great news. i cant wait to just chill at the lighthouse, snapping photos and listening to the great music. this game has the best atmosphere :)

I notice there is absolutely no mention of the PSN version anywhere on that site, have they cancelled it or is that just standard fare for XBLA timed exclusives?

MrPing1000 said:
Any chance of a pc version?
There already is one. However it's 4:3 only, impossible to complete due to glitches and runs terribly on modern PCs.

bumpkin

This may be a silly question, but how important is the camera/photography aspect? It seems like a game my wife might dig and she's a photographer by trade; might be a hook to get her into it.

bumpkin said:
This may be a silly question, but how important is the camera/photography aspect? It seems like a game my wife might dig and she's a photographer by trade; might be a hook to get her into it.
It plays a relatively big role because you have to take photographs to advance the story (won't spoil it) plus you have to photograph animals to obtain pearls to upgrade your hovercraft. There isn't a lot of technical aspects to the photographing, just get the stuff in focus and snap. It's well-implemented though and I enjoyed it.

So looking forward to another playthrough of this. I remember it having the best damn stealth system I had ever seen in a game too.

Azure Phoenix said:
There already is one. However it's 4:3 only, impossible to complete due to glitches and runs terribly on modern PCs.
Don't overstate it. It's perfectly completable except for some rare bugs and runs just fine for me on 7x64.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
faceless007 said:
Don't overstate it. It's perfectly completable except for some rare bugs and runs just fine for me on 7x64.

I agree, you can complete the game on modern PC, but I never found a fix for the out of sync sound bug that gets worse the further you play. Does kind of tarnish the experience, at least for me. I'll be picking this up on XBLA because what I did play on PC was great.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
faceless007 said:
It's still not exactly a good solution. The PC version is kinda half broken. You can make it work OK, but it never feels quite right.

Bernbaum said:
Bought this for the first Xbox early this gen but I shelved the console and the disc never got touched for want of backwards compatibility on the 360.

Bought it for Steam and the framerate would die in the arse whenever the game tried to render water. Didn't gel with the kb/m controls and the third-party forced gamepad controls weren't ideal.

Thrilled to bits to see this re-release.

I will buy this day one.

It's been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time coming.

I ctrl-f'd your name as soon as I saw this thread. Hi Bern!

Will buy as soon as I get some $$. I might replay the PC steam version until I have money for more MS points.

neclas

Great news. I have the game for the original xbox but when playing on a widescreen TV, there are black bars on all four sides of the picture (since most xbox games never reached across the entire screen in the first place (except when stretched) and then I guess they wanted a cinematic effect for BG&E, they added bars on the top and bottom). Having the game in actual HD will be nice.

Foob

guess i'll get this.. never played it when it came out originally. haven't turned my 360 on in months but hopefully i have enough hd space sigh

Emitan

Foob said:
guess i'll get this.. never played it when it came out originally. haven't turned my 360 on in months but hopefully i have enough hd space sigh
Format everything and download this. Now. I don't even care it's not out yet.

Points locked and loaded. Hopefully enough people purchase that Ubi actually puts some manpower behind the sequel. With all the crap they release, Lord knows BG&E2 out of all games should have a spot in there.

Emitan

Net_Wrecker said:
Points locked and loaded. Hopefully enough people purchase that Ubi actually puts some manpower behind the sequel. With all the crap they release, Lord knows BG&E2 out of all games should have a spot in there.
They're putting more support into it, but you have to spank her with the Wiimote to get her to run.

Esiquio

Right now, (11 PM PST) I can see the game on Live, see the dozen or so apparel items and download the trailer, but can not download the game. The trailer is really short but does give a good idea of what the game will look like on the 360.

Everyone who loved the original must buy this game...I want BG&E2 so badly, we need to send a message to Ubisoft!

Here's a link to see the BG&E Avatar items:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/AvatarMarketplace?Brand=14164

I'm definitely getting the logo shirt and the Deslizador (hovercraft).

bill.cosby said:
I agree, you can complete the game on modern PC, but I never found a fix for the out of sync sound bug that gets worse the further you play. Does kind of tarnish the experience, at least for me. I'll be picking this up on XBLA because what I did play on PC was great.
I had this exact same problem. Never did get more than 10 minutes in because it bugged me so much.

Speevy

Banned
AniHawk said:
it's kinda funny that i bought this for $8 new in 2003 and it's now $10 as an upgraded port 8 years later.

it's unquestionably the best game ever to be bargain binned a few months after release, but wasn't the msrp 20?

Reading about all the problems with the PC version, I'm glad that I've had none. Zilch. It's a rarity with me and PC games, but it happens from time to time.

The PC version had no gamepad support, however, which was a major bummer.

AniHawk

Speevy said:
it's unquestionably the best game ever to be bargain binned a few months after release, but wasn't the msrp 20?

well it started at $50, and i bought it at best buy a month later for 30. then a week after that (i think it was the last week of the year), circuit city had it for $10 and best buy still took 10% off the difference of a price match back then so i got $22 back.

Ramenman

miladesn said:
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/fr-FR/images/beyondgoodandevilhd/Bge-bg_body.jpg[/im][/QUOTE]

Why would you post such an ugly ass artwork in full res ? Seriously, it's not even Jade on there ! Look at this woman's face ! Who's she ? This is like the only asset the remake team created and yet it makes me so glad they were only remaking and didn't modify the original models. [I]UGH[/I].

ArjanN

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Reading about all the problems with the PC version, I'm glad that I've had none. Zilch. It's a rarity with me and PC games, but it happens from time to time.

The PC version had no gamepad support, however, which was a major bummer.

I had zero problems with the PC version either. No gamepad support didn't bother me, the game doesn't require a gamepad at all anyway.

Bernbaum

It's up!

Can't be downloaded on the XBLA store, so I had to hit up Xbox.com and queue that shit up.

I was going to play Dragon Age, but hoy boy, I've been waiting years to play this. So many hours trying to get the PC version running okay and re-spec the controls that ultimately proved futile, and now I get to play it exactly the way I want to - in glorious HD with a gamepad.

I'm ready...

Bernbaum

bathala said:
its on XBL store just not on the arcade section

if u go by genre u'll see it
I misspoke - I went to the game's profile section on XBL and all the other marketplace garbage like imaginary Avatar clothing and Themes was available but not the actual game.

55% done. C'monnnnnnnnnnn............

Top Bottom