• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYOND: Two Souls (Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe) |OT| Press Triangle to Aiden

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Another question about a mission.
On the mission which takes place at bootcamp Jodie is doing sit ups and it says hit R1. I hit it everytime but it never worked. Do I tap, hold or mash?

pulsating button means mash, white triangle above it means hold, button by itself means tap

Holy shit this game was great! Quantic Dream just keeps on delivering, oh man. Graphics, voice acting, sounds and generally the whole presentation was top notch. The ending was so damn satisfying, really liked how the decisions I made shaped the outcome. Can't say I loved everything in it though; that
Navajo
chapter was kinda random, Jodie's dialogue as a kid was way off and dodging/attacking in those fight sequences was sometimes pretty confusing (no idea if I should press down or right/left).

Even though a game like GTAV was excellent in every way, offering loads of things to do, sick attention to detail and so on, but for me Beyond was much more interesting and exciting!

Whatever you have in store for us on PS4, I'm gonna buy it.

All the people complaining about slow-mo QTEs should really toggle Easy mode on. There's nothing to be ashamed of and it makes Beyond less frustrating to play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do we know how much this sold so far? Do you guys think this will sell less than HR?

Do we know how much this sold so far? Do you guys think this will sell less than HR?

I think it will. The all-round superlative reviews aren't there this time, and the game's premise doesn't have the same general intrigue that Heavy Rain did. I don't think the combined star power of Page and Dafoe is going to impact sales much either. How many gamers really care about who is starring in the games they want to buy?

It's probably do alright though. I don't think it'll flop.

Chev

I don't think the combined star power of Page and Dafoe is going to impact sales much either. How many gamers really care about who is starring in the games they want to buy?
On the other hand, I think that's exactly what may attract more non-gamers though.

Can anyone answer me this question. I havent beaten the game so dont try to spoiler me. I'd advice only those who beat it to answer this as it contains a scene from like mid game.

Ok so when Jodie is a child, she cant control Aiden yet. She states to Nathan that "he does whatever he/it wants" so then when she gets older, she now has full control of Aiden, correct? (Example when she is a goth chick, she is pissed and can wreck the room due to her anger.)

Im a little confused because when I control Aiden, who really is controlling Aiden in this game? Is it Jodie or Aiden doing what he thinks is best or doing what Jodie suggest to it?

I think there is a chapter called "ALONE" when Jodie's parents are basically abandoning Jodie at the research place. You control Aiden in this scene. Near the end when you see all parties sad except for the dad. When Jodie's father starts walking away, you can see that Aiden can harm/choke the father. In this scenario, who wishes to harm Jodie's dad? Is it Jodie who is hurt that her dad thinks of her as a monster or is it Aiden being pissed that Jodie's dad is a jerk to Jodie. Who is who here DAMN IT!

Also in that CONDENSER level, Jodie tells Aiden to help her against the spirits near the end of the level. In this scenario, I can tell its Aiden helping Jodie so this is why im confused sometimes.

I feel stupid but I feel like Im not getting their connection yet. Help me GAF!
No, she can't control Aiden. But he has an interest in keeping her alive, so that's why he is helping her. He is also just kinda bored pretty much, so sometimes he will just do what she says because he doesn't really care and sometimes he will get angry again that he is stuck with her and can't leave. He is also very possessive.

IS there more content in that scene or did I see everything from the 30 minute preview months ago?
There is a shitload more (optional) content yes.

Will do alright overall. Word of mouth seems pretty positive when it comes to casual gamer, so that will help a bit.

WOOO! Order dispatched. Postie hasn't been yet, but I doubt I'll receive it today. Not as mad as I might have been as it gives me the opportunity to play some TWAU and attempt tp clear some of my backlog.

Hope it arrives tomorrow though...

The Dinner Spoiler:
It's pretty awesome that the choice if you went to the bar earlier comes back to haunt you in this chapter. I went and killed the fucking rapists, but when she got into bed with Ryan she got flashbacks from that scene and started crying prompting Ryan to leave. I watched a LP where someone didn't go to the bar and he was able to continue on with the date normally.

Alec

The Dinner Spoiler:
It's pretty awesome that the choice if you went to the bar earlier comes back to haunt you in this chapter. I went and killed the fucking rapists, but when she got into bed with Ryan she got flashbacks from that scene and started crying prompting Ryan to leave. I watched a LP where someone didn't go to the bar and he was able to continue on with the date normally.

I went to the bar, but left after I heard the conversation between the two guys because I got a bad feeling and wanted to do what I thought would be best for Jodie. So even though I went to the bar, I ended up leaving early and nothing bad happened.

So...now I know they were rapists. =P

I went to the bar, but left after I heard the conversation between the two guys because I got a bad feeling and wanted to do what I thought would be best for Jodie. So even though I went to the bar, I ended up leaving early and nothing bad happened.

So...now I know they were rapists. =P
Ok, that's pretty awesome.
You can actually get caught by the DPA guard and miss the entire car and bar part. Interesting that if you go you can still avoid the assholes by just leaving early. I didn't know that was an option :(
I was pretty fucking stupid though as well. One guy asked if my parents knew where I was and I said they didn't. I almost wanted to kill myself as soon as I pressed the button. Then I played some pool, one guy joined in and then after I beat his ass he started to touch her. So I slapped him and then they all came and tried to rape her presumably. Let's just say it didn't end well for them. But she was pretty traumatized by this and at the beginning of The Dinner Aiden even reminds her of it and that she should be careful. Then at the end you can't finish the date, because she gets flashbacks.

Very nice branching there.

JoeFenix

I'm really curious to see what the general consensus will be in a couple months when they hype has died down.

I personally thought that the story was a complete joke, certain scenes were good but they were few and far between. The script really really killed it for me.

The game is gorgeous and the acting is quite good overall but damn... what a mess. There's alot less gameplay or choice here than in Heavy Rain, the fact that you literally can't fail removes any sort of tension the game might have and I just found myself shaking my head or even laughing at some of the dramatic scenes because Cage has ZERO restraint.

Everything feels forced, things clearly happen just so the plot can move along and the characters just roll with it, their motivations constantly changing on a whim. It's just almost impossible to take seriously. I didn't think TLOU had amazing gameplay but the story in that game was genuinely great. If TLOU was a movie it would be a fantastic movie, if Beyond was a movie it would be considered bottom of the barrel sci-fi channel stuff. These cinematic "experience" games live and die by their writing and acting, people should be more critical of those aspects if they want things to get better.

Ricker

Stopped at the start of Navajo...this is a rental but I think I will buy it when I go to return it,they deduct the cost of the rental,which is 6 bucks up here...I am half way through I guess...?

I'm really curious to see what the general consensus will be in a couple months when they hype has died down.

I personally thought that the story was a complete joke, certain scenes were good but they were few and far between. The script really really killed it for me.

The game is gorgeous and the acting is quite good overall but damn... what a mess. There's alot less gameplay or choice here than in Heavy Rain, the fact that you literally can't fail removes any sort of tension the game might have and I just found myself shaking my head or even laughing at some of the dramatic scenes because Cage has ZERO restraint.

Everything feels forced, things clearly happen just so the plot can move along and the characters just roll with it, their motivations constantly changing on a whim. It's just almost impossible to take seriously. I didn't think TLOU had amazing gameplay but the story in that game was genuinely great. If TLOU was a movie it would be a fantastic movie, if Beyond was a movie it would be considered bottom of the barrel sci-fi channel stuff. These cinematic "experience" games live and die by their writing and acting, people should be more critical of those aspects if they want things to get better.

My enjoyment of the story is decreasing faster and faster. It's a shame because I was thinking about my GOTY for 2013 and I no longer have a candidate.

hal9001

Banned
My copy arrived today. The graphics are the best I have ever seen for a console game and the videos on YouTube don't do it justice at all. I have only played up to the
party
scene but so far I am really enjoying it. If you liked Heavy Rain then this game should make you happy.

Kolma

Finished the game last night
Absolutely loved it.
As for the choices I made?

Killed the rapists, Turned down Ryan every chance I got :D Chose Beyond in the end.

Will I have to replay the game from the start to get all the endings? It seems like certain choices in the game will slightly affect other things.

Moxx19

Banned
Gee, the "hard" mode is incredibly poorly designed. I felt like I'd have enjoyed the game much more the first time on "easy" mode.

Mesoian

So I finished it last night.

It is, by far, David Cage's best game to date.

But that isn't saying much.

So here's the thing. Having a disjointed story isn't necessarily a bad thing. You can use a disjointed narrative to place emphasis on a lot of different plot points and create excitement for things that otherwise would come off as somewhat uninteresting if you used a traditional linear narrative. This game doesn't do that, and in fact, it's use of a disjointed story line often gets you super excited for closure on a certain section of Jodie's life, but frustratingly thrusts you to a completely different section of her life, which left me yelling at the screen demanding an answer for the bombshell that they just dropped, often in frustration because there would be no closure until the game decided to bounce back to that part of her life. In short, It's really annoying when you beat chapter 3 and are left with a massive cliffhanger for chapter 4, and the game instead thrusts you to chapter 1 with you know you won't get any resolution for that cliffhanger until you beat chapter 7, BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN THAT WILL BE.

The other big issue with this game is the illusion of choice. In The Walking Dead, we know now that your choices never really mattered to the finality of the game. The big choices you end up making in TWD serve to give you a unique experience that tugs at your heartstrings and you sense of humanity. But whether the RV gets stolen or you leave it at the side of the road, you're still going to end up in Atlanta. The choices that Beyond gives you never seem like they matter, and are never interesting enough to usher you to replay a section because you did poorly. Failure states simply end scenes early and rush you to the next section, but there was never a point where, in failing a section, I felt like I missed out on something massive or that Jodie's outcome was significantly different.
Whether you choose to jump off the wall, to kill your mother or you're unsuccessful in escaping the burning building
, you're going to progress the story forward. Be it the complete lack of urgency that comes with knowing that failure doesn't really matter or the ease of the "combat" areas or puzzles which usually don't go deeper than "kill that guy, then take over that guy and shoot those guys, then yourself", the entire experience is completely passive, and no matter what's going on on screen, it's never terribly exciting because you know that you can't fail and neither can Jodie.

Except at the end. The game spends about 9 to 10 hours leading you by the hand and ultimately making it so if you screw up with the game's mechanics, you aren't punished for it, until the last 3 minutes, where if you fail, it's bad end, reload the save. This happened to me because of the terrible idea of mashing the shoulder buttons, but I wasn't disappointed. David Cage has gone on and on about "game overs" being a failure of game design and how he wants people to only play his games once. So the idea of Beyond being a tragedy on a global scale is an interesting outcome. That being said, It's just a shame that said ending is so incredibly lazy. If you're going to have multiple endings, you have to spend equal time making them interesting, especially if you want that unfettered non-save-reloading play through to be the lasting impression the player has of the game. When your bread and butter is storytelling, even if the game ends negatively, you still have to provide more closure that what is essentially the 2013 equivalent to beating the game on easy mode and getting a black screen with "TRY AGAIN!" written in bold letters.

And It's a David Cage game so it has it's fair share of insane plot twists that ultimately don't make any sense, eye rolling plot devices injected into the story which are suppose to serve as alternative explanations to whats going on, but end up muddying the plot even further, 11th hour 180's in the motives of main characters who, up until the point of turning, were perfectly lucid and caring individuals, unnecessary nudity and casual racism. But as I said before, it's no where near as bad as it was in Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain. But it's still plain as day, and sticks out a lot considering the first half of the game, from a narrative aspect, is SO STRONG. The first 4 hours of Beyond are really well told, which makes the moment when it trips over it's own feet that much more tragic.

Mechanically the game is fairly sound, but the dynamic camera is terrible. Aiden controls like the Jefpack stages from Pilotwings 64, which leads you to get stuck in walls quite often. Every time you switch between Aiden and Jodie, the camera chooses a completely random angle to start from which can be completely disorienting, The camera will often try to lead you in the right direction which can cause your entire screen to be filled up by a wall or a bit of furniture since there aren't a lot of useful transparencies. Probably the most jarring, disappointing thing about this game, though, are the quiet moments of Heavy Rain; the scenes where you're not doing much of anything except wandering around a house, or cleaning your apartment, or exploring your bedroom. They are never truly quiet moments because the point of these sections is to explore and the camera is so over-controlling that you're fighting the controls which often makes the tone and pacing of the scene far more silly, stressful or annoying than scenes that are filled with combat or faux excitement. The real downer about these is that, if the camera was just a traditional free right stick camera, it wouldn't have been a problem at all.

The in game acting was really good, but the facial animations often don't keep up. I know it's a high bar, but even though Beyond looks pretty gorgeous through most of the game, the facial animations never reach "Enslaved: Journey To The West" levels, and there's never a point where you'll be able to markedly know what a person is thinking or how they're feeling by noting the expression on their face. And normally I would let something like that pass, except that this game and games like it rely on such tones to convey emotion to the player, and this game fails on that more than it succeeds. The voice acting is pretty damn amazing (no Press X to Jason here), Ellen Page and Willam DeFoe both bringing their a game. I have to give DeFoe credit, when I see him in things, I usually immediately switch to his spiderman 2 role or his Boondock Saint's role, but he managed to keep me interested in the story of Nathan through most of the game.

Bottomline though...it just wasn't that good. It's markedly better than Cage's early works but I think a lot of people forget that Fahrenheit was kind of terrible and Heavy Rain had dozens upon dozens of problems but with gameplay and narrative. Beyond is a story that starts strong but tends to unravel itself in attempts to be bombastic and it's gameplay is simply nothing to write home about. Other than the camera, which is awful, there's nothing terrible about how you play this game, it's just not very interesting and there's never a real sense of urgency or agency for the player since failure states are never punished and optional actions usually only take a single negative tone. It is a slow, passive experience that experienced gamers are probably going to be bored by, and the narrative isn't interesting enough to keep people who want to know how the story ends hooked; rather those people will probably be hit with LOST season 5 levels of frustration.

People should still play this game, but they shouldn't buy this. Not for 60 dollars. Not when Fables is out. David Cage seems to have learned a lot between Heavy Rain and Beyond and how adventure games need to evolve in order to keep people interested in a post The Walking Dead world. It would be interesting if he could take elements from other games with limited controls like Amensia or Dear Esther to figure out how to really make those quiet moments important and to give the player a sense of real dread when appropriate. Because the worst thing I can say about Beyond is that it is a B movie quality film or a 6/10 video game, and combining the two does not bolster the experience.

I find it interesting how polarized the reactions to this game are. More so then most games and I'm guessing that's because it's drenched in the cinematic movie experience. Some people are pissed that it's more a movie then a game, some people think the writing is terrible so they cant get into it, and then you have some that were just looking for an incredible interactive experience and just truly enjoyed it. I thought I was the only one who loved it but seeing some peoples response on here and talking to people online, clearly isn't the case. So it probably boils down to your expectations, when concerning games and movies really, since this is a mash of the both of them.

SOON!

T3Njv09.jpg

Mesoian

I find it interesting how polarized the reactions to this game are. More so then most games and I'm guessing that's because it's drenched in the cinematic movie experience. Some people are pissed that it's more a movie then a game, some people think the writing is terrible so they cant get into it, and then you have some that were just looking for an incredible interactive experience and just truly enjoyed it. I thought I was the only one who loved it but seeing some peoples response on here and talking to people online, clearly isn't the case. So it probably boils down to your expectations, when concerning games and movies really, since this is a mash of the both of them.

I think the main issue is that there's better out there for much less (both on the development side and the retail side) and people are expecting something truly special from this game due to it's budget and pedigree; and for the most part, it doesn't deliver.

Mesoian

The graphics are fucking insane.

Dat Bike

In certain sections, absolutely. There were times where I thought I was watching an FMV, everything was so clean. This game is, without a doubt, jaw droppingly good looking in a lot of places.

Which makes the places that don't look so good stick out that much more.

But the places that don't look so good have bigger problems than that.

This game is P-R-E-T-T-Y, with a bow on it.

Alec

Basically, if you loved Heavy Rain (which I did), you will probably love Beyond.

Give me more of this, David Cage.

Mesoian

Basically, if you loved Heavy Rain (which I did), you will probably love Beyond.

Give me more of this, David Cage.

Basically. If you liked Heavy Rain, this could be a very important game for you.

But if you didn't, for ANY REASON, this game will not turn you around.

AkuMifune

Banned
So I finished it last night.

Great read. I'm not finished with it myself yet (tonight I think), but I generally agree with you. And generally do not.

For example, I don't think you can say people shouldn't buy it with Fables out. While the genre is similar, the subject matter and tone is completely different. I'm not really that interested in Fables as I'm turned off by the cartoony art style and the subject matter seems really goofy. Ironic considering the thread we're in, but Beyond is my kind of goofy because it takes itself very seriously (for good and bad). One of the same reasons I prefer Heavy Rain over The Walking Dead. But that's a different argument.

I agree Beyond would be a better game if it was linear. I'm not going to second guess why they did it this way, but have to assume they felt compelled to show off some action scenes early on. It probably would have been better to start at
CIA, then go through all the child stuff and then into the rest.
Whatever. In it's current form it is a mess. And makes the whole thing feel very fractured. It also makes every chapter feel like a mini story unto itself, almost devoid of context because it takes the big picture for context to make sense. It's the kind of game that you'd get more out of a second time, but not the type of game that needs to be played twice.

Also, Aidens controls are also pretty terrible. Trying to get around can be frustrating and I don't remember the last time a game had me staring at the ceiling and disoriented like the first time someone plays an FPS. Just awkward.

And yet. And yet there are moments in this game that make it well worth the price of admission. There are chapters that feel completely unnecessary, a couple that are just silly as all get out, a couple that will make people feel really uncomfortable
playing with dolls and delivering babies. Hah! Serves them right.
(which is good!) and then there are chapters that rival any experience I've had this year. Some that will stick with me longer than anything in GTAV and even some that were as powerful to me as I had in TLoU.
Of course all of Homeless, but also the first chapter, the dynamic of being a helpless scared girl and a powerful, maybe evil entity at odds with some stupid testing lady out of her mind was great. You could be nice as Aiden or a complete troll. But I think especially Jodies near death scene. Her traveling to the light with all of the memories of her life flashing by and getting sucked back, her fear at almost losing Aiden...all of that was really powerful to me
For Beyond to match that is a major success, even if I don't think I like it overall as much as I did Heavy Rain.

And the stuff I've missed already! Just looking through early spoiler stuff I didn't save someone I could have, there are major scenes I didn't see that others have, and even mundane shit, like the entire Dinner scene is bound to play out differently for everyone based on what you did earlier in the game, how you act as Aiden and what you choose to prioritize in your allotted time. And I don't even like that chapter, but it's pure Cage.

I'm not going to reduce it down to a cost/cage analysis, I just think everyone should at least give this game a shot. It's flawed and sometimes broken, but also really surprising and occasionally amazing. It's certainly not for everyone, and I respect that. But there are people who will adore it as much as I do, and if we have to burn a few gamers in the process of finding the ones who appreciate that, I can live with it. It's not hard to find people who hate this game anyway...but at least it deserves to be discussed.

Mesoian

Great read. I'm not finished with it myself yet (tonight I think), but I generally agree with you. And generally do not.

For example, I don't think you can say people shouldn't buy it with Fables out. While the genre is similar, the subject matter and tone is completely different. I'm not really that interested in Fables as I'm turned off by the cartoony art style and the subject matter seems really goofy. Ironic considering the thread we're in, but Beyond is my kind of goofy because it takes itself very seriously (for good and bad). One of the same reasons I prefer Heavy Rain over The Walking Dead. But that's a different argument.

I have more faith in TellTale than I do in David Cage to tell an interesting story. Granted, I haven't played Fables and I am assuming it's going to be great. I'll probably dive into that next week.
Full disclosure, All of you should buy Fables because a friend of mine worked on it.
I base that statement off of the things done in TWD and Back to the Future and the new Monkey Island games.

I'm not going to reduce it down to a cost/cage analysis, I just think everyone should at least give this game a shot. It's flawed and sometimes broken, but also really surprising and occasionally amazing. It's certainly not for everyone, and I respect that. But there are people who will adore it as much as I do, and if we have to burn a few gamers in the process of finding the ones who appreciate that, I can live with it. It's not hard to find people who hate this game anyway...but at least it deserves to be discussed.

Agreed, don't feel like this game is so terrible that it needs to be actively avoided in protest of how it ended up; it's certainly worth a run through. But there's just so many...let's call them odd issues, throughout the game that it's really tough to recommend it. It's going to be one of those things that means different things to different people, but I don't think people who are traditionally interested in video games are going to come away from this one with a positive outlook since the game elements aren't strong (though they are serviceable) and the narrative doesn't do enough to carry them.

AkuMifune

Banned
I have more faith in TellTale than I do in David Cage to tell an interesting story. Granted, I haven't played Fables and I am assuming it's going to be great. I'll probably dive into that next week.
Full disclosure, All of you should buy Fables because a friend of mine worked on it.
I base that statement off of the things done in TWD and Back to the Future and the new Monkey Island games..

Word. I will end up playing Fables, I think I've played every telltale thing outside of Jurassic Park, but looking back on TWD I was much more sour on it than some people. It just all felt arbitrary in the end and I I think I was more upset by the illusion of choice simply because it was so cleverly hidden. But with the two Idle Thumbs guys moving on, I'm much more inclined to be wary of Telltale from now on. But I wish them the best, for sure.

Alec

It's definitely going to mean different things to different people. I'm what you might call a 'hardcore mutha fuckin' g4mer' and I loved pretty much everything about it.

Maybe I play too many 'normal' games? And because this is so different, I'm in love with it? I really do play just a metric fuckton of video games.

Mr. RHC

Press X to AIDEEN. Got the game, I will start to play soon and I'll just assume hard mode is the way to go like in Heavy Rain!

AkuMifune

Banned
How is controlling Aiden with the touch app? I wonder if just playing with casual controls would make the whole thing more or less frustrating.

Alec

I was wondering if Jason was going to show up at the very end of the game. It would have ruined the moment entirely but I would have laughed my ass off

Definitely should've been an alternate ending or something, like Silent Hill 2's UFO stuff.

krae_man

I think I'm getting to the climax of the story, I'll probably end up finishing it tonight. I'm really enjoying the story and had to pull myself away to go to bed last night.

I only have one slight gripe being the motivations of all the people who were mean to Jodie throughout her life were weak. I understand they happened to develop the relationship between Jodie and Aiden and how protective he/she is of her. But them going from nice/indifferent to horrible people in an instant without any provocation and in some cases no prior knowledge her abilities felt off for me.

There was one instance where the character had motivation
The dude who beats up the homeless to upload to youtube or whatever, I understand him feeling emasculated and wanting revenge, but attempting to kill a half dozen people by burning them alive, then when that doesn't work record yourself trying to kill Jodie? That was overbroard. But I guess she needed a near death experience

panda21

so glad i picked this up, had an awesome time with it so far. i don't really get the complaints that its not really a game, i'm enjoying that aspect of it far more than heavy rain already.

i'm guessing a lot of the bad reviews are by people who wanted it to be john madden's call of modern gears of war 4:storm reckoning division cell with ellen page in it or something.

Mesoian

I think I'm getting to the climax of the story, I'll probably end up finishing it tonight. I'm really enjoying the story and had to pull myself away to go to bed last night.

I only have one slight gripe being the motivations of all the people who were mean to Jodie throughout her life were weak. I understand they happened to develop the relationship between Jodie and Aiden and how protective he/she is of her. But them going from nice/indifferent to horrible people in an instant without any provocation and in some cases no prior knowledge her abilities felt off for me.

That was one of the major gripes I had for the early game. I won't go into full detail but nothing, and I mean NOTHING about the
birthday party
makes any sense no matter what sort of context you try to bring to it. If you apply logic to the situation, the only outcome that you can derive is that everyone in that scene except for Jodie is a moron.

So I'm about 7 or 8 chapters in, and I have new brain thoughts:

-I don't feel like there are near as many options in any given situation or environment as there was in HR. I feel like I'm playing connect the dots sometimes. Failing a fight or missing something just detours me through a small segment that links me back up to where I would have been earlier if I had won the fight, etc.

-trophies seem weird. I got a metric fuck-ton of them all at the end of one of the early chapters, and haven't gotten another one since. I've won fights flawlessly, gotten through sections quickly etc. which I summer would trigger stuff but no. Then tried being extra bad for a while chapter.

-The graphical quality of environments seems to vary greatly. Sometimes with no rhyme or reason. Still like good though, and noticeably better than HR.

-The movement (walking, running, etc.) controls are really wobbly and inaccurate. I sometimes push it dead-on straight forward and she'll shamble over to the left, and then won't respond as I try to correct her. Just stands there, and then turns completely the other way. The camera also fights with me for no reason sometimes.

Still enjoying it, and my soontobewife can't stop bugging me to pick it up every night and keep playing so she can watch.

AkuMifune

Banned
There was one instance where the character had motivation
The dude who beats up the homeless to upload to youtube or whatever, I understand him feeling emasculated and wanting revenge, but attempting to kill a half dozen people by burning them alive, then when that doesn't work record yourself trying to kill Jodie? That was overbroard. But I guess she needed a near death experience

I failed the QTE escaping the fire (whatever!) and she was crushed under falling debris, the one homeless guy had to come back to drag me out and she just blacked out. I never saw who set the fire or why.

Seems a much better ending to that scene than the full one though.

Top Bottom