• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

Every game should have full button mapping. Maybe with the loss of a button on the PS4 controller, this will be a thing. It's long overdue.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Might be a placebo after patch effect but .. i felt it much laggier than before.
I had a bunch of those "i empty a clip on an enemy he shoots once and im dead" moments.

The last match i played was fine though.

I've been playing for just about a week now on the One and goddamn its buggy.
Crashed to dashboard at least 30 times now, usually while playing the bigger maps.

Sitting in the browser trying to find a game that will let me join without giving me error messages got old real fast.
When its working though and I'm actually playing... it is fun.

I think the only major annoyance I had with BF3 was the M26 Dart glitch.

Ataxia

Is it me, or are the textures on the 360 version like really, really, really bad? I feel like I'm playing without the texture pack in BF3. I can't remember being asked to install something, but I'm sure it isn't supposed to be as bad as it is.

Going back to BF3 on 360 and it's like I'm playing a next-gen version in comparison, hah.

Is it me, or are the textures on the 360 version like really, really, really bad? I feel like I'm playing without the texture pack in BF3. I can't remember being asked to install something, but I'm sure it isn't supposed to be as bad as it is.

Going back to BF3 on 360 and it's like I'm playing a next-gen version in comparison, hah.

Agreed, though I'm pretty sure you did install 2GB when you first put in the disk. I've been itching to pop in my BF3 disk to see if it looks as good as I remember it looking. I played BF3 on the PC as well so that might be clouding my memories of how that game looked.

So I suspected the game was not saving my unlocks/progression, and sure enough last night I got the proof.

I leveled up, and unlocked some gear in a round. Lost connection to the server near the round's end and got dropped, and sure enough, my data from that match was completly lost. Fucking sucks. It happens every 3-5 rounds I'd say. Fix this shit. It's a great game when it works.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member

BF4 loads alot of graphics over the network. If your Internet speed isn't top shelf then you may not have the best experience. Buddy if mine had same problem. Try installing the game onto your hard drive, he said that fixed it and the difference was night and day.

I have favorited a couple of servers on PS4: 111001 and 111111. Other gaf players should do the same so that we can easily join games together.

Overdoziz

Banned
BF4 loads alot of graphics over the network. If your Internet speed isn't top shelf then you may not have the best experience. Buddy if mine had same problem. Try installing the game onto your hard drive, he said that fixed it and the difference was night and day.
i dont even

Ok, I've searched the net, and asked over in the PC thread with no luck (I didn't realize it was the PC thread though).

Scenario:

- Assault Class, with defibs as a gadget, but in my hands I have my primary weapon out.
- A teammate dies, and somehow, without pressing the d-pad, my defibs come out and I can 'quick revive' the person, then my primary weapon comes back out automatically.

How did that happen? How can I make it happen consistently? Do I press X or Y near the player or something? I'm playing XBOne.

Please help, I haven't known the answer to this for quite some time.

GG FGC PS4 BF4 crew jlai_ & thelogride. Next time I say "hey guys, check this out" and I will try not to crash the heli into some trees when we take off.

Also, I LOVE THE MAV!!

Are you drunk, Taffy?

I have favorited a couple of servers on PS4: 111001 and 111111. Other gaf players should do the same so that we can easily join games together.

I'm guessing these are Conquest servers. I believe I've made my feelings about Conquest quite clear.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
Are you drunk, Taffy?

No drinking on the job. You don't want the engineer designing the roof over your head to be swasted.

Ok, maybe I don't know how this magic box makes the colors on the other magic box look like better colors. I just know there was a problem, and a perceived solution to said problem. At least I tried dammit.

I hope the Megalodon is only available on the 360 so you jerks can't see it in glorious 30 fps.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
So, how broken is BF4 right now? An honest opinion of the current state of the game would be much obliged.

If BF4 was horse, we would have to shoot it.

Edit to elaborate: BF4 is the offspring of the champion racehorse, BF3. There is much hype and high expectations that this horse will be the champion racehorse. Even with 64 horses running at the same time, she will still run beautifully smooth and everyone will enjoy her races. Then her very first race is the Kentucky derby and the words eyes are watching. In the warm up paddock she is a little jumpy and people get a little nervous, but by god she looks amazing so we give her a chance. They line up in the gate, the bell rings and poor BF4 crashes out of the gate and breaks her neck, all four legs and pokes out an eye. We have to put her down. With a shotgun. To the face.

On pc, it still crashes nearly every round for me regardless of map or gametype. Fuck it.

On PS4, 32-player matches run great. Occasional rubber-banding and one odd crash every few hours. Except for Operation Locker. I can count on one hand how many matches I've finished on that map without a crash.

64-player Conquest has lots of rubber-banding for me. Plus Conquest is for stupid babies.

Milennia

On pc, it still crashes nearly every round for me regardless of map or gametype. Fuck it.

On PS4, 32-player matches run great. Occasional rubber-banding and one odd crash every few hours. Except for Operation Locker. I can count on one hand how many matches I've finished on that map without a crash.

64-player Conquest has lots of rubber-banding for me. Plus Conquest is for stupid babies.

Ehhhhhh you had me until the last part.

Overdoziz

Banned
BF3 is a champion racehorse now? You still drunk Taffy?

No drinking on the job. You don't want the engineer designing the roof over your head to be swasted.

Ok, maybe I don't know how this magic box makes the colors on the other magic box look like better colors. I just know there was a problem, and a perceived solution to said problem. At least I tried dammit.

I hope the Megalodon is only available on the 360 so you jerks can't see it in glorious 30 fps.
The next-gen versions hit 30fps more often than current-gen, though.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member

On 360 our problem map is Dawn Breaker. Never finished a whole game I think.

Milennia

On 360 our problem map is Dawn Breaker. Never finished a whole game I think.

Dawnbreaker, siege and locker have been consistently my most crashed games.

Sometimes even flood zone crashes more than the above 3.

I say consistent with 147 hours played so far... I rarely finish games on these maps.

When i play obliteration however, i don't crash at all.
But its pretty well known that most of these issues stem from conquest, as I'm quite sure it wasn't ready for them to shove out.

Ok, I've searched the net, and asked over in the PC thread with no luck (I didn't realize it was the PC thread though).

Scenario:

- Assault Class, with defibs as a gadget, but in my hands I have my primary weapon out.
- A teammate dies, and somehow, without pressing the d-pad, my defibs come out and I can 'quick revive' the person, then my primary weapon comes back out automatically.

How did that happen? How can I make it happen consistently? Do I press X or Y near the player or something? I'm playing XBOne.

Please help, I haven't known the answer to this for quite some time.

Funny after reading this the same thing happened to me on Locker.

olimpia84

So, how broken is BF4 right now? An honest opinion of the current state of the game would be much obliged.

Depends on the platform. PS4 seems to still have problems and glitches even after the latest patch. PS3 version works fine, you get the occasional frostbite freeze but it's much less frequent than say BF3 or BC2. Only problem with the PS3 version is framerate drops when a lot of shit is going on but this happens rarely so if you can put up with the lower player count, lower fps, and 'last gen' graphics PS3/360 version is the way to go.

Maddocks

Count the frames is the best game mode. When you are shooting someone and all of a sudden the super fog of war happens and everything comes to a crawl.

But I am still going to bitch about the inconsistant matchmaking that likes to put me in servers around the world. I'll have 2-3 good matches that are lag free, then boom everyone from every country but the one I am in kills me. Dice, I picked WEST USA for a reason, its because I live on the west coast of the USA, not the UK, not Germany, not Australia and not Japan. So why do you keep putting me in servers where most of the players are from one of the above counties and it tosses me with a 300+ ping? why dice....why.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Only froze once last night! Thats quite the improvement!

I think it freezes when you join a friend and he then leaves the game.

Also: Sniper Rifles are OP, and the initial engineer rocket launcher is hella weak....
Havent unlocked the others yet.

TAFFY 003

Neo Member
I could destroy all enemy armor with a single pistol shot and Lost would still be crying about his beloved right ridge.

Some say that Lost sets his profile to offline, boots up bf3, finds an empty server and just sits on that ridge for hours on end.

I'm actually a little surprised that dice didn't start charging him rent for how much time he spent up there.

Wulv

Neo Member
Some say that Lost sets his profile to offline, boots up bf3, finds an empty server and just sits on that ridge for hours on end.

I'm actually a little surprised that dice didn't start charging him rent for how much time he spent up there.

He does do this. It has been confirmed by DICE. Some DICE employees have said that they have heard screaming on that server till the wee hours of the morning.

Top Bottom