• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

olimpia84

DICE just published a Top Issues Tracker

It's a list with all the Top Priority issues right now and their current state.

Aside of bugs some things i would like to see added are:
* Being able to change your soldier loadout before match
* BF3's Squad Up Option
* Rebalance/rework of the Field Upgrade System

This is absolutely insane. The amount of problems this game has it's embarrassing. Now I have to wait for them to FIX the game FIRST and then hope that they address my gripes (controller layout options on the PS4). Looks like I won't be playing this game anytime soon.

This is absolutely insane. The amount of problems this game has it's embarrassing. Now I have to wait for them to FIX the game FIRST and then hope that they address my gripes (controller layout options on the PS4). Looks like I won't be playing this game anytime soon.

You're not playing because of the R1/R2 reversal?

Preemo

Banned
You're not playing because of the R1/R2 reversal?

you have no idea how frustrating i find this change to be. im still crippled in vehicles because of it.

all because DICE wanted to put the spot function on r2/r1, with the worst justification in doing so to go along with it.

mind boggling stuff imo.

on second read, it seems you guys are only talking about weapon firing. even still, dumb stuff.

I didn't like it at first, but I got use to it. It does make spotting more convenient. Then again, I rather have L1/R1 shooting and have R2 as spotting.

Keylow415

the game crashing on ps4 is pissing me off. im in a good match and having fun, crash. loading up a new map, crash. did it like 4 times today with playing a few hours. wtf

Nyx

Damn the 'Reach the airfield' bit of the SP Singapore mission.

From the parking garage onwards (the mall and the park) I get shot by tanks every damn time.

Dr Prob

Banned

From the parking garage onwards (the mall and the park) I get shot by tanks every damn time.

I've only played through on normal difficulty, so I don't know if if there's maybe a difference in how that section plays out, but you can just keep the tank you get earlier all the way through (after lowering the thingies), or if you should lose that one, there's another in the garage along with a gadget crate if you feel like going on foot for some reason.

Semper88

Whaha, i never died so much as at this point XD

who's brilliant idea it was to fight tanks with a light armored verhicle?!!!11

Overdoziz

Banned
I love how tanks just spawned right in front of you in that section.

ikGIBbOagEq87.gif

Nyx

I've only played through on normal difficulty, so I don't know if if there's maybe a difference in how that section plays out, but you can just keep the tank you get earlier all the way through (after lowering the thingies), or if you should lose that one, there's another in the garage along with a gadget crate if you feel like going on foot for some reason.

Playing on normal as well, and I always take that tank with me but tank vs tank battles are not my specialty it seems haha, I always lose those one on ones.

In my best run I took out 1 tank with my own, and the other 4 tanks on foot with a RPG, only to get killed by infantry in the last bit of the park lol.

Whaha, i never died so much as at this point XD

who's brilliant idea it was to fight tanks with a light armored verhicle?!!!11

Same here, normally I don't have much troubles in a BF campaign but this part is getting pretty annoying. Guess I'll just have to try again and again tonight.

I love how tanks just spawned right in front of you in that section.

The heat vision is something I need to use more!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Real rap, the controls on PS4 are damn good. The new L2/R2 buttons are perfect.
And i can actually pilot a heli without crashing for about 2 minutes now!

I think that sniper rifles are a bit too powerful, i got a bunch of kills with them so far and i am the worst sniper ever so ...

Semper88

I think that sniper rifles are a bit too powerful, i got a bunch of kills with them so far and i am the worst sniper ever so ...

This.. where ever you walk you hear all the sniping bullets pass by.

tried it my self and i never snipe and god what easy.. just pick a roof and you're set to go.

InspectorFowler

Neo Member
The PS3 controller was horrible and so was shooting with R1.

Last generation I specifically avoided shooters on PS3 because of this. If you think it's the standard, it's not. Play a first or 3rd person shooter on PC or Xbox and the triggers are always shoot, and usually aim as well.

I can see why you might prefer leaving your fingers on all 4 front buttons, but DICE didn't change this to mess you up - it's how it has been for years. That was a Sony thing.

There was always 2 things I hated about BF on consoles. 30fps and the lighting. I now get my 60fps but what's with the lighting, or is it just me? I can't see jack squat on some of the maps. Now I haven't touched my settings as I've never had too but this game may be an exception.
In maps like Dawnbreaker or a couple of the new China Rising maps the the dark areas are, well, EXTREMELY dark. I can hardly make out anything. In the shadows of a big hill or in a building forget about it.
"Dude turn up your brightness" or "That's Battlefield"?

Milennia

There was always 2 things I hated about BF on consoles. 30fps and the lighting. I now get my 60fps but what's with the lighting, or is it just me? I can't see jack squat on some of the maps. Now I haven't touched my settings as I've never had too but this game may be an exception.
In maps like Dawnbreaker or a couple of the new China Rising maps the the dark areas are, well, EXTREMELY dark. I can hardly make out anything. In the shadows of a big hill or in a building forget about it.

I dont have this problem at all.
I will however sometimes run into pitch black rooms due to glitches etc.

But a majority of the time when things work well (which isnt a majority ironicly) i dont have your problem personally.
My tv brightness is at about 65, so not much but still a decent bit.

I hope they fix the invite friend issue in-game on battlelog. It always brings up a quick screen to send the invite but it vanishes before I can press anything and the game freezes. Really annoying.

InspectorFowler

Neo Member

I get this too. I have had to turn up the in-game brightness a bit, which is unfortunate if you want to stream or share any video from the PS4, because it then looks washed out, even though it doesn't appear that way while I play.

I don't have quite the same problem with the PC version, but I am also playing in a darker room, much closer to the monitor. I don't know why it ends up this way.

so i've been playing a lot of this on ps4. luckily, i haven't had too many crashes, but it seems conquest is the crash-prone mode and i always play obliteration. i've been having a ton of fun and think the game is brilliant, but it bothers me that no one talks in this game. a team could be so much more effective with some communication going on.

because of this, i'm thinking about renting a server and keeping it private for gaf. i just want to see if there is enough interest here to warant spending the $60 for a month. i think it would be really cool for us to have a place to play with people who want to communicate with their team and play the game at a "higher level" so to speak.

so, if people are interested just respond in this thread and i'll update this post to add the names of everyone interested. i think it would be helpful to include your location and what time(s) you can play (include your timezone, i'll do the conversion to a standard time). if a significant amount of people say they'll use the server then i'll purchase one for a month and see how it goes.

lastly, please don't respond if you're not actually going to use the server on a regular basis. i know it's easy to say "that sounds awesome, i'm in," but then never or rarely use it. the cost of the server isn't a big deal to me, but i still don't want to throw money away.

Players:

MikeHaggar
U.S.A. East Coast
6pm - 12am EST weekdays, any time on weekends

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I don't think I'll ever understand the "shooting with R1/L1" configuration, guns are shot with triggers IRL, triggers/R2/L2 makes most sense! :)
The DS4 is perfect for this.

Do your RGB ranges on PS4 and your tv match?

so i've been playing a lot of this on ps4. luckily, i haven't had too many crashes, but it seems conquest is the crash-prone mode and i always play obliteration. i've been having a ton of fun and think the game is brilliant, but it bothers me that no one talks in this game. a team could be so much more effective with some communication going on.

because of this, i'm thinking about renting a server and keeping it private for gaf. i just want to see if there is enough interest here to warant spending the $60 for a month. i think it would be really cool for us to have a place to play with people who want to communicate with their team and play the game at a "higher level" so to speak.

so, if people are interested just respond in this thread and i'll update this post to add the names of everyone interested. i think it would be helpful to include your location and what time(s) you can play (include your timezone, i'll do the conversion to a standard time). if a significant amount of people say they'll use the server then i'll purchase one for a month and see how it goes.

lastly, please don't respond if you're not actually going to use the server on a regular basis. i know it's easy to say "that sounds awesome, i'm in," but then never or rarely use it. the cost of the server isn't a big deal to me, but i still don't want to throw money away.

Players:

MikeHaggar
U.S.A. East Coast
6pm - 12am EST weekdays, any time on weekends

Send me a friend request. I'll get you in our games.

Fuck private servers. They're great if you just want to mess around or if you need to kick people who are beating you. Otherwise, they just take people out of the public server rotation.

Do your RGB ranges on PS4 and your tv match?

Send me a friend request. I'll get you in our games.

Fuck private servers. They're great if you just want to mess around or if you need to kick people who are beating you. Otherwise, they just take people out of the public server rotation.

i understand where you're coming from, but i think there's benefits to a private servers too, especially if you can get a good group of people to play with. i've been in so many games of obliteration where some random dude decides it would be funny to grab the bomb and high-tail right to one of our own bases. last night i was in a game where a teammate purposely blocked the stairs leading to one of our bases while the opposing team was planting the bomb. it's irritating at times playing with randoms.

at any rate, what is your psn? i'll definitely send you a friend request.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I don't think I'll ever understand the "shooting with R1/L1" configuration, guns are shot with triggers IRL, triggers/R2/L2 makes most sense! :)
Yup.

PS4s R2/L2 are made for shooters. They feel so friggin' good.
Aww yiss apparently the new patch improved stability quite a bit!

Every single time I exit a game, and then hit B or whatever to go from the game type selection menu to the menu previous to that, it overlays the game type menu over the next menu. It's so damned Bush League for a major dev/pub. Happens every single time. It MUST have happened during testing. It's far too repeatable. 360 version.

It's not a game breaker, but it's still ridiculous.

Ataxia

I finally got the game tonight. It feels like Battlefield, I guess... but there's something weird going on. I'm constantly getting shot in the back or just randomly one-shotted. Maps seemingly cater towards that close quarters infantry combat and quite frankly, it's chaos. I swear it only takes 1-2 rounds to kill a person now too...

If I had to compare it to something, I'd say that it feels a hell of a lot like Call of Duty - With the odd tank (which are no longer fun to drive). No idea what happened to jets and helicopters but they're awful now, too. I haven't tried Rush yet, so perhaps that will give the game a little more structure... but as it stands, it doesn't come close to beating BF3's conquest mode... or multiplayer as a whole.

Probably my biggest disappointment all year. Shame, really. I was really looking forward to this game.

I hope this makes sense. Getting late here and I'm tired as all hell.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I got 4 hours in last night with one crash. A record for me.

I have no clue. lol Except for a few tweaks I'm not too far from factory settings with my set up so I'm a little overwhelmed by the options to adjust it.

Settings -> Sound and screen -> Video output settings

Change both RGB and Y Pb both to limited

I don't know why, but not having in game announcements come over the DS4 speaker seems like a missed opportunity to me. Really think it'd sound cool

abracadaver

I bought this on PC with premium. Im playing with a 7850 OC at 1080p/everything high. Im guessing at 40-60fps.

I kinda want the game on X1. Would it be a big downgrade or is it just as good on X1 ? The 720p kinda bother me though so Im not sure

Cronnie

I can't remember exactly how I done this mission as it was a while ago, but managed to do it first time on hard. What you need to do is use cover and angles to your advantage, the enemy tanks have pretty good aim but if you back up a bit and get behind cover they will drive over to you, and while doing so often turn their tanks to show you the side.

Just keep yourself facing the tank (you get less damage from a hit in the front) and time your shots to go back and forth in cover, should be relatively easy to get rid of them that way.

I'm relatively low in level right now and recently unlocked the Stinger RPG.

Why is it so much fun to shoot helicopters and jets down? I'm having so much fun with that damn thing. I also unlocked the IGLA and I like the longer range, but I get killed too much having to sit there and baby sit the lock-on until it hits.

i understand where you're coming from, but i think there's benefits to a private servers too, especially if you can get a good group of people to play with. i've been in so many games of obliteration where some random dude decides it would be funny to grab the bomb and high-tail right to one of our own bases. last night i was in a game where a teammate purposely blocked the stairs leading to one of our bases while the opposing team was planting the bomb. it's irritating at times playing with randoms.

at any rate, what is your psn? i'll definitely send you a friend request.

PSN: lostsupper

There were two unofficial 360GAF servers for BF3. I ran one one of them and played on both for a few months. I spent as much time trying to keep the server balanced and filled as I did playing. If you want to keep your private server GAF-on-GAF and have enough people to do so it might be worth it.

PSN: lostsupper

There were two unofficial 360GAF servers for BF3. I ran one one of them and played on both for a few months. I spent as much time trying to keep the server balanced and filled as I did playing. If you want to keep your private server GAF-on-GAF and have enough people to do so it might be worth it.

i'm obviously up for doing it. there doesn't seem to be any interest though :(

i'll send you a friend request later tonight. i appreciate you offering.

burnfout

Gotten way worse after patch.

I used to crash after 2-3 matches, now every single fucking match.

This is the most shamefully broken product I've ever bought in my life, holy fuck.

On a wired glass fiber 100/100 connection. This is really a travesty. Class action lawsuit territory.

Gotten way worse after patch.

I used to crash after 2-3 matches, now every single fucking match.

This is the most shamefully broken product I've ever bought in my life, holy fuck.

On a wired glass fiber 100/100 connection. This is really a travesty. Class action lawsuit territory.

Man I feel sorry for you.

I've only had 6 crashes sines launch. Is there a mode that it crashes on the most?

Also, god damn at the ACE 52, been wrecking almost consistently now. Pls don't nerf it DICEY.

gossi

I bought this on PC with premium. Im playing with a 7850 OC at 1080p/everything high. Im guessing at 40-60fps.

I kinda want the game on X1. Would it be a big downgrade or is it just as good on X1 ? The 720p kinda bother me though so Im not sure

I have it on PC premium and XB1 premium.

I actually like it on Xbox more. The graphics annoyed me for about 5 minutes, but then I forgot and never looked back.

There's some frame rate drops on consoles, though. In conquest 64 I'd guess it's running 40-50fps on some maps.

olimpia84

Are you guys serious when you say this? By that logic let's go ahead and turn that PS4 off and go back to the Wii since the B button at the back of the wiimote is shapped like a trigger PLUS you get to aim the controller like a real weapon PLUS you can get that attachment that looks like a weapon.

L2/R2 are great for vehicles but for shooting you need buttons that get the action done quick.

Are you guys serious when you say this? By that logic let's go ahead and turn that PS4 off and go back to the Wii since the B button at the back of the wiimote is shapped like a trigger PLUS you get to aim the controller like a real weapon PLUS you can get that attachment that looks like a weapon.

L2/R2 are great for vehicles but for shooting you need buttons that get the action done quick.

You're rambling, son. Take a break.

I get what you're saying. I always preferred L1/R1 over trigger on the ds3 and was sure that I would be sticking to L1/R1 even with the ds4, but it took me just a couple of games to get used to L2/R2. I don't find them any better or worse than using L1/R1, I think they are just as effective. You should give it a bit more time and see how it works out for you, I honestly doubt dice will ever patch in an option to change the button layout.

olimpia84

You're rambling, son. Take a break.

It's the truth though. That B button on the wiimote feels sooo much like a trigger you sometimes forget you're holding a video game controller in your hands!

I get what you're saying. I always preferred L1/R1 over trigger on the ds3 and was sure that I would be sticking to L1/R1 even with the ds4, but it took me just a couple of games to get used to L2/R2. I don't find them any better or worse than using L1/R1, I think they are just as effective. You should give it a bit more time and see how it works out for you, I honestly doubt dice will ever patch in an option to change the button layout.

Oh I know it will only take a couple of games for me to get used to it. Best example I can give is when they changed the layout from BF3 to BF4 PS3 version. I had to re-learn that incredibly stupid control layout where they placed R2 as spot and select as the battlelog button among other changes (don't even get me started on vehicles...). I adapted well and in fact, my stats for BF4 PS3 are even better than my BF3 stats. I can adapt with no problem. My main gripe is switching back and forth between BF games. I want to be able to play BC2, BF3, BF1943 and both versions of BF4 with one unified control scheme. Why the heck can't they do this? What is the reasoning behind changing layouts every time a new game comes out? Not all my friends have BF4 yet, so I want to be able to play BF3/BC2/1943 without having to re-learn all the damn controls again.

Top Bottom