• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

I just don't like BF4. I had a moment of clarity where I realized I spend way more time unhappy playing than happy playing. Like a lot more. So I returned my PS4.

Let me know if it gets drastically better. Otherwise, I'll see you guys on Steam until Destiny.

I still love you.

BF3 is still gud

Also, guess I'm building a PC?

No_Style

I've been enjoying my rounds of BF4. Even with all the bugs, I'm still enjoying it more than BF3. I try to join GAF infested games but they're usually lop sided or full, so I wander off by myself.

I just don't like BF4. I had a moment of clarity where I realized I spend way more time unhappy playing than happy playing. Like a lot more. So I returned my PS4.

Let me know if it gets drastically better. Otherwise, I'll see you guys on Steam until Destiny.

I still love you.

Sorry to hear that, supper.

I had to do some mental adjustment to it myself. I was upset with all the bugs and glitches, that I was starting over after being pretty good at BF3, having to endure rounds of fighting against other GAFers, etc. I just decided to not let it bother me so much. Playing with randoms can still be frustrating, but a good match on a GAF team is really fun.

turnbuckle

Best GAF

Edit: Also Domination? That's damn near the worst game type, after Squad DM and Air Superiority.

So disappointed with air superiority. Doesn't help that I have a hell of a time flying jets and can't seem to tail an opponent and can't seem to shake one that's tailing me

Had a good run of randoms today in CQ. Some close games, personally dominated.

At the very least I demand that randoms are at least good cannon fodder.

sagat2036

24-15 dom shanghi using a scar h and noob tube + grenadier got me this...

psnhate1.jpg

DoubleD

I still love you.

Well, shit. That sucks, man.

olimpia84

I'm having fun with BF4 but not as much as BC2 or BF3. It's probably mostly due to fatigue after 3000+ hours of other BF games combined. PS3 GAF fell apart which is funny considering how incredibly excited we all were for this game.

I still love you.

It's because I am not there.

adamsappel, Double, Milk:

I miss all you assholes already. Well, maybe not Milk so much.

Thanks, you jerk. I know we exclusively played rush in BF3 and that was fun then but I am not finding rush to be that good in BF4. I am actually enjoying conquest way more now. Probably because the player count is more suited for the maps. Not sure what you are playing now.

You broke up the band.

Actually our "leader" made the switch to a different platform and broke up the band.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hopping on the PS4 version in about ten minutes if anyone wants to party up. PSN ID = kittens_dx.

No_Style

I'm having fun with BF4 but not as much as BC2 or BF3. It's probably mostly due to fatigue after 3000+ hours of other BF games combined. PS3 GAF fell apart which is funny considering how incredibly excited we all were for this game.

Funny that you mention BC2. Playing engineer in some of these maps reminds me so much of that game. I've had more success with mines in this game than in BF3.

Solid games tonight but the steam rolling scared so many people away :/

olimpia84

Funny that you mention BC2. Playing engineer in some of these maps reminds me so much of that game. I've had more success with mines in this game than in BF3.

Solid games tonight but the steam rolling scared so many people away :/

Last night was the first time playing BF4 that I've seen a massive rage/scare quit on the other team. In that last game they went from 32 players to 11 in the results screen lol

I'm Digital Limit on Xbox One. Feel free to add me, boys.

done and done. I will be up for some bf4 later tonight if xbone gaffers are going to be playing. If you're all busy then you will force me to go watch Desolation of Smaug. Which i actually want to do now that I think about it. But i might play after i get back home. So don't be busy.

Have a few of you on my friends list already, gamertag: bumcrease

Just getting into Battlefield 4 and my first 3 games KD ratio:

- 2/21
- 5/18
- 3/20

This game is no joke I have never ever had anything lower than a 1/1 ratio in any FPS.

Quick tips?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

- 2/21
- 5/18
- 3/20

This game is no joke I have never ever had anything lower than a 1/1 ratio in any FPS.

Quick tips?

Just keep playing. I was utter crap and now I'm pretty good.

Mini-map and R1 are your friend. R1 allows you to point out an enemy, it puts them on the minimap, puts an indicator above them, and allows your teammates to see them this way as well.

- 2/21
- 5/18
- 3/20

Quick tips?

that's more kills than i got in my first day of bad company 2 so don't worry about it. Unless you're playing deathmatch k/d ratio is fairly meaningless.

your best bet is to play as assault or engineer imo . With assault just follow your squad around dropping health packs to get points while you get a feel for the gunplay. Or unlock the carbines, use those as engineer and blow/repair the shit out of everything. AK5C is a nice early gun.

Nope. Dice rushed this game pretty hard. How they didn't expect people to expect a party system, I don't know.

What system are you playing on?

That is bonkers. Playing on PS4 right now.

This game though guys is insane. Coming from COD to this is like a whole other level. It feels like the game MAG wished it was

The Flash

Banned
Ha, I remember that. I spawned in at the point and was like WTF? I AM IN A ROCK! Then I was just going to stay there to capture the point back and while that was happening, you spawned on me not knowing where I was. I thought it was hilarious. All that aside, we had a few good games there.

Yeah it was pretty funny. I spent the next 3 minutes trying to knife people who walked past me. I was able to record all the footage as well so I'd say it was a successful respawn.

Trojita

That is bonkers. Playing on PS4 right now.

This game though guys is insane. Coming from COD to this is like a whole other level. It feels like the game MAG wished it was

Some guns won't feel right until you find the exact ones for you. Everyone has different preferences.

Learn how to play your classes.

You will not start doing well until you've played the stages enough times to get a feel for them. Especially startling will be the verticallity of this game. Until the stages start feeling familiar and not strange, you won't do quite as well.

and yeah this game is pretty crazy. Here are two gifs I made from a game I played of Zavod.

iZj0ZbkjEJ4nj.gif

zavodomddw.gif

- 2/21
- 5/18
- 3/20

Quick tips?

Use the test range, get familiar and comfortable with vehicles and vehicle controls.

I would recommend the veteran control scheme.

Once you get a weapon you're comfortable with, learn it, its range and what attachment works well with it.

Be patient, watch the mini map, watch your squad mates when spawning.

Always spot enemies, so you can help your team and keep a track of where they disappear to on the mini map.

Be whatever class the situations needs you to be, DONT RELY ON RANDOMS in this game, they are useless.

There is always a guy behind the guy you killed, ALWAYS.

My personal tip, ALWAYS keep moving. Never stop.

Use the test range, get familiar and comfortable with vehicles and vehicle controls.

I would recommend the veteran control scheme.

Once you get a weapon you're comfortable with, learn it, its range and what attachment works well with it.

Be patient, watch the mini map, watch your squad mates when spawning.

Always spot enemies, so you can help your team and keep a track of where they disappear to on the mini map.

Be whatever class the situations needs you to be, DONT RELY ON RANDOMS in this game, they are useless.

There is always a guy behind the guy you killed, ALWAYS.

My personal tip, ALWAYS keep moving. Never stop.

Great great tips man thank you.

Milennia

Great great tips man thank you.

Use good guns, especially if your new, theres no reason to limit yourself.
What classes do you enjoy? (You should be swapping back and forth depending on the situation)

Do you like ARs when you play assault? ACE 23, L85 (both late unlocks unless you hit level 10 and do the L85 assignment early, it is also china rising exclusive), good early game alternatives would be the AK which is the first unlock for assault, the M416 (if you don't have, nor want china rising, this will be your second go to gun) and finally the SCAR. (I will also mention the F2000, which is second assault exclusive just like the VSS, but will replace the L85 for the most part).
Do you like using carbines? AK5C, ACE 52
Sniping? SRR (its the final unlock, but the scout is the first unlock, meaning aggressive sniping is the way to go until you pickup the SRR)
(I don't know shit about support so i wont comment)
Engineers? Mostly the carbines i listed above, but specific weapons would be MP45/9 and the VSS (which is second assault exclusive, meaning its only available on Xbox until second assault travels to other platforms)

Trojita

Use good guns, especially if your new, theres no reason to limit yourself.
What classes do you enjoy? (You should be swapping back and forth depending on the situation)

Do you like ARs when you play assault? ACE 23, L85 (both late unlocks unless you hit level 10 and do the L85 assignment early), good early game alternatives would be the AK which is the first unlock for assault and the SCAR.
Do you like using carbines? AK5C, ACE 52
Sniping? SRR (its the final unlock, but the scout is the first unlock, meaning aggressive sniping is the way to go until you pickup the SRR)
(I don't know shit about support so i wont comment)

Support is basically use Carbines unless you are good with LMG. Drop Ammo packs and boxes on the regular.

dkeane

Fucking campaign just lost 30min of progress due to an error. Fuck the single player for this game. Never playing this piece of shit again. (PS4 version)

Top Bottom