• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

Some more great GAF games last night. I was on fire and couldn't have kicked so much ass without the help from dakar, Faceless, Adamsappel, and others who I am forgetting about. Good teamwork and good games. Will need to do it again later today.

redhood56

Banned
I am up for any games now, my name is on the list(psn redhood560). I have decent or really bad games, but it is always fun. Whenever there is another gaf game going on, shoot me a friend request.

DICE has made me a god.

Muhahahahahaha.

Also, when are you getting your PS4? Ody pls.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kinda enjoying this sale MS is having for the 360

Forza Horizon
The Wolf Among Us
Brothers
Charlie Murder

And I may pull the trigger in a few on State of Decay. Hell, and I still have games I've bought months ago that I haven't played yet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kinda enjoying this sale MS is having for the 360

Forza Horizon
The Wolf Among Us
Brothers
Charlie Murder

And I may pull the trigger in a few on State of Decay. Hell, and I still have games I've bought months ago that I haven't played yet.

Forza Horizon is good. Me likey.

But be quick dammit. We miss you and we love you.

I'm looking to play with people on PS4.

Names: PKM
(might have played with some of you guys on BC2, skipped BF3)

I'm not to bad, usually top 5 doing my "pick up squad/lone-wolfing" but it be nice to actually have people to work with. I put about 5000 hours in BF2 (My fave FPS ever!) and a couple hundred into BC2, so I know the ropes :)

Downside is I can't use my mic all the time since I play when everyone is in bed and I always get loud lol. But, I can follow and listen to como-rose or even have my headset on with my mic disabled etc..

I have a few of ya I think on my friends list also, have jumped in games with many ofnya but ya might not have noticed. I have yet to touch any mode then conquest 64 yet also, be nice to jump in with people and try them!

So, friend me, invite me etc..

Milennia

What is the premium event today?
Didn't even realize there was one lol.. No idea what it is actually, ill ask on the forums.

Edit: nobody knows and DICE haven't commented on it yet.
I'm looking to play with people on PS4.

Names: PKM
(might have played with some of you guys on BC2, skipped BF3)

I'm not to bad, usually top 5 doing my "pick up squad/lone-wolfing" but it be nice to actually have people to work with. I put about 5000 hours in BF2 (My fave FPS ever!) and a couple hundred into BC2, so I know the ropes :)

Downside is I can't use my mic all the time since I play when everyone is in bed and I always get loud lol. But, I can follow and listen to como-rose or even have my headset on with my mic disabled etc..

I have a few of ya I think on my friends list also, have jumped in games with many ofnya but ya might not have noticed. I have yet to touch any mode then conquest 64 yet also, be nice to jump in with people and try them!

So, friend me, invite me etc..

Dreams spreadsheet in the. Op has a bunch of us, but feel free to add me if you want.

PSN: cyborg1

Im pretty exclusively conquest but i have been playing rush/oblit as of late.

Didn't even realize there was one lol.. No idea what it is actually, ill ask on the forums.

Edit: nobody knows and DICE haven't commented on it yet.

Dreams spreadsheet in the. Op has a bunch of us, but feel free to add me if you want.

PSN: cyborg1

Im pretty exclusively conquest but i have been playing rush/oblit as of late.

Cool! Thanks I will add myself and also send out some request.

Where do I add a clan tag? Is that also through Battlelog? I've joined some games of people on my F.List from GAF but I'm not sure they notice me since I have no tag lol

Milennia

Cool! Thanks I will add myself and also send out some request.

Where do I add a clan tag? Is that also through Battlelog? I've joined some games of people on my F.List from GAF but I'm not sure they notice me since I have no tag lol

Yep its through battlelog, just go to customize in the upper right hand corner and it will give you the option.

Has anyone had all of their progress reset? I was at level 38 then I joined a conquest match and had all of my guns and unlocks gone!

Omni

Anyone got the game on 360? If so, hit me up with a friend request. I realise it's a weird period with next gen consoles out - most of my friends have moved on actually - so I'm trying to get a few new people to play with in the time being

GT: randomrosso93.

Biggest thing I've noticed in post xmas conquest is suddenly I'm seeing really lopsided games. Those casuals really wreak havoc with the game balance.

Also, great run with Seacat, wulv, under, killi, etc. last night.

Anyone playing tonight? Have had a few nights where I met up with some from this thread. Not having a squad makes it a different game..

Anyone feel free to add me, mostly conquest and rush.. but will play anything.

I'll add a few from this thread

Psn: NarcissisticJay

Primeau31

Hey fellas, looking for some friend requests, primarily for some Obliteration teamwork (trying to get my 5 plants trophy) for PS4.

SEN ID is Primeau31!

so i've noticed since christmas (when i'm assuming a lot of people got ps4's) that the new thing to do in obliteration (only mode i play) is to camp the generally area of the opposing team's spawn. had this happen last night on both operation locker and golmud railway. was really, really lousy. my team got ridiculously slaughtered both times. it was absurd. and this was on two different servers against two different groups of people. i'm really hoping this doesn't become the trend. i'm new to battlefield, so i'm curious if the game does anything to counter this?

as an aside, i did try a conquest match last night. it was so laggy that every three or four steps i would take my player would get knocked back a bit as if i was running into a wall. the game in general performs much worse for me after the last patch. it ran much better (for me) before.

lastly, i really need to get into some gaf matches with you guys. lostsupper sent me an invite one night, but i was in a bad mood and wasn't up to being social--especially with people i don't know. i didn't want my grumpiness to make a bad impression.

Killigath

Spawn camping is part of the game, it was there in BF3 and no different now. It's just something you have to overcome or switch servers. If you let yourself get spawn camped it's your teams fault for being bad. It happens more in Rush since the maps are linear with a single spawn area. Since Obliteration is basically Rush-lite, it's gonna happen. The nice thing about Obliteration is you have the option to spawn at deployment or use the parachute-in drop spawn, so it's harder to camp.

The best way to counter spawn campers is to run with a good group that constantly pushes forward on the map. Don't rush in solo. Wait on your teammates to spawn on you. There should always be one person per squad mid-ways(or better) up the map in a safe location that your squad mates can spawn on. Or if the map allows, have 1 Recon for forward spawn beacons.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when snipers place their beacon 10 feet from our spawn area. Then they just sit back and snipe. I've been known to harass those type players, especially if we are spawn trapped. Nothing says "move your ass" like a flare or smoke right in the face of a zoomed in sniper.

Spawn camping is part of the game, it was there in BF3 and no different now. It's just something you have to overcome or switch servers. If you let yourself get spawn camped it's your teams fault for being bad. It happens more in Rush since the maps are linear with a single spawn area. Since Obliteration is basically Rush-lite, it's gonna happen. The nice thing about Obliteration is you have the option to spawn at deployment or use the parachute-in drop spawn, so it's harder to camp.

The best way to counter spawn campers is to run with a good group that constantly pushes forward on the map. Don't rush in solo. Wait on your teammates to spawn on you. There should always be one person per squad mid-ways(or better) up the map in a safe location that your squad mates can spawn on. Or if the map allows, have 1 Recon for forward spawn beacons.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when snipers place their beacon 10 feet from our spawn area. Then they just sit back and snipe. I've been known to harass those type players, especially if we are spawn trapped. Nothing says "move your ass" like a flare or smoke right in the face of a zoomed in sniper.

You can't really compare Rush spawn camping to Obliteration spawn camping.

In Rush, the spawn zone are still protected by boundaries and people's spawn locations are still randomized within that area. Spawn camping in rush is also a double edge sword for the defender, as they won't be able to respond in time to any sneaky attacker.

In obliteration, the spawn zones are unprotected and the spawn points are pretty much the same spots. Now, this usually isn't that big of a deal, as most maps offer enough cover/terrain differences to allow people to hopefully sneak by. However, on maps like Golmund Railway, everyone pretty much spawn/parachute into an open field. And even if a select few were to sneak by and get through, the nature of obliteration is that the enemy will instantly know and respond to an enemy bomb possession. Those select few will have a really hard time getting the objective if the rest of their team are being spawn trapped.

The only remedy at that point is to have enough engineers in the sky taking out tanks or rely on some decent jet fighter to take out the spawn camper.

-------------------
What obliteration need is a larger spawn zone with more randomized troop spawn in locations.
Alternatively, something like a drop ship that circles around the outer ring of a map will also do.

Killigath

Yeah I see your point. I didn't realize the spawn areas weren't out of bounds for the opposite teams. A group of 5 still should be able to punch thru with a concentrated effort, but without there being behind the lines spawn points for other squads, it would be problematic. Perhaps you could allow non-squad members to use spawn beacons for Obliteration matches. Obliteration is still in it's infancy as a game type. Maybe Dice will listen to some criticisms and fix some of these issues.

Gol Railway is a terrible Oblit map. It would help tremendously if they would throw some vehicle wreckage (tanks/choppers/train cars) out in the middle of those fields just on Rush/Oblit. Give you a little cover to run from point to point here and there. For Rush, I wouldn't mind seeing the map be reversed, so the attackers have the high ground.

The problem is DICE did lazy developing. The point of open spawns in CTF and Obliteration is so the team in control of the flag or bomb can't score once and then wait out the game for the win by holding the flag/bomb in their spawn.

In reality, they should have programmed it that the bomb or flag carrier can't go into spawn (or the bomb/flag resets).

So in the end, by avoiding cheap-ass tactics to win, they opened the door to even worse cheap-ass tactics.

honestly, i feel like the spawn camping can be overcome if you have a decent team. the problem i faced was that both times my team wasn't doing anything about it. i had to rush in alone. i was also spotting/marking all of the opposing team members that were camping. it just comes down to tactics. i get frustrated because i can see what an awesome game this can be if you have a team playing strategically. however, it's still a lot of fun just playing with randoms.

Biggest thing I've noticed in post xmas conquest is suddenly I'm seeing really lopsided games. Those casuals really wreak havoc with the game balance.

Also, great run with Seacat, wulv, under, killi, etc. last night.

GAF rolls. I think with 5-7 GAFers, a win is guaranteed.

Good times, even when we got split up.

Great rounds with gaf tonight, I think we won them all.

Depends on how you define "we." :)

Spawn camping is part of the game, it was there in BF3 and no different now.

The problem is DICE did lazy developing. The point of open spawns in CTF and Obliteration is so the team in control of the flag or bomb can't score once and then wait out the game for the win by holding the flag/bomb in their spawn.

In reality, they should have programmed it that the bomb or flag carrier can't go into spawn (or the bomb/flag resets).

So in the end, by avoiding cheap-ass tactics to win, they opened the door to even worse cheap-ass tactics.

DICE has said that they "play like gentlemen," and don't use any of the tactics that occur in literally every public match. They never encounter such scenarios while testing, so they never make a counter for it. Lazy and sanctimonious!

I want that to happen. There are people who switch team to sabotage. They take the bomb to the team's MCOM and wait for the opposing team.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I somehow missed this thread till just now. I really need to start playing with GAFers on PS4 more. Add me on PSN: kittens_dx. I'm on the west coast and play most nights.

The Flash

Banned
I am serious. Everyone who was on xbox switched to PS4 now so there are none left. Except me and the people hiding in the corner. Anyways, need to get an xbone crew going. Add me.

GT: AlmostMilk

Well I'm cereal. Added. My GT is Agent Strange. Definitely need to get a custom server going when they get released.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Friday-Sunday I'll be playing a lot on PS4. I'll be sending out friend requests and can't wait to play with some gaffers. I play mostly conquest and team deathmatch. I'd be open to try the other game types.

I'd been letting my brother play my copy while I was home on vacation. He got really good with the LMG's, preferring them over the Assault Rifles and Carbines. I'd have to agree since he did really good once he started using them.

My PSN name is the same as my GAF name.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Added myself to the PSN list. Would love to play with Gaffers.

Alienous

Feel free to add me. PS4 PSN ID: Msharingan

Let's get shit done.

I'd like to get a GAF Squad of 5 going, or join one.

Top Bottom