• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Paul talking game with Nicole and James - trying to convince them why evicting Z instead of Michelle is such a good idea this week.

Their facial expressions tell the complete story...

giphy.gif

Paul talking game with Nicole and James - trying to convince them why evicting Z instead of Michelle is such a good idea this week.

Their facial expressions tell the complete story...

giphy.gif
You can see the "But I don't wanna anger Lord Paulie I want to be with my showmance :(" in their faces lol

Surprised at the positive reactions to Victor's nomination speech. I thought it was nonsensical and unbearably smug. Smug douchy fratboys yay. "9 to 1, on my eviction night that's how the votes fell. Now you two will feel what eviction night felt" Ooooh poorly worded but deep. Might mean something if he actually nominated the one responsible for his eviction.
To Z "you never showed me much attention, Paulie gets all your affection" Ok? Not exactly a burn. Then he calls Michelle mean, which, duh, and he throws beads at them to be a snot and Michelle cries. But Michelle would cry if he said he nominated her due to his undying respect for her amazing game. Dude is so full of himself for someone who's about to be evicted for a second time by the same guy.

UberTag

Dude is so full of himself for someone who's about to be evicted for a second time by the same guy.
At this point, my hope for Thursday's episode is that Paulie wins HOH, backdoors Victor for a second time, only for Victor to wind up with the round trip ticket and return to the house where he befriends Paulie once again only to get backdoored under a Paulie HOH for a THIRD time in the same season.

At this point, my hope for Thursday's episode is that Paulie wins HOH, backdoors Victor for a second time, only for Victor to wind up with the round trip ticket and return to the house where he befriends Paulie once again only to get backdoored under a Paulie HOH for a THIRD time in the same season.

If that happens just give Paulie the money.

UberTag

This is how Z games in the Big Brother house...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

No, there's no music playing.
No, she's not intoxicated.
No, she did not lose a bet.
No, this isn't some elaborate exercise routine.
Yes, this is the full extent of her Big Brother gameplay.

beasty

This is how Z games in the Big Brother house...

No, there's no music playing.
No, she's not intoxicated.
No, she did not lose a bet.
No, this isn't some elaborate exercise routine.
Yes, this is the full extent of her Big Brother gameplay.
She just knows everyone in the house are idiots, so why even play. The house will keep her and vote out Bridgette at DE because Paulie said. Lets keep the comp beast and his "girlfriend", it clearly isnt the right time to get them out. lol

cory64

"Nicole believes that Nick Uhas from BB15 could have been like Dan had he lasted long. #BB18"

Nicole not only has a poor sense of her own game and other people in the house's game, she's also a very bad judge of Big Brother in general.

UberTag

Nicole not only has a poor sense of her own game and other people in the house's game, she's also a very bad judge of Big Brother in general.
She is easily one of the worst returning houseguests in Big Brother history.
On the bright side, she has completed her transformation into Christine.

PeskyLameBaboon-size_restricted.gif

UberTag

Amazingly enough it would appear... at least for now... that a house flip has happened to take Zakiyah out of the game on Thursday and there is now a lot of information sharing going on about Paulie.

Don't hold your breath but we did actually wind up with some legit Big Brother gameplay happening in this house. We'll see if it lasts.

And somehow James felt like he had to throw Natalie under the bus to Paulie and drive over her a few times before he was down with the idea of flipping to save Michelle.

7254xzdq

UberTag

But wasn't getting Z out Paulie's plan all along? They're just doing what he wants again. I hope they get him out on Double Eviction.
Nah, he never wanted Z out. He just wanted to humble her and to get out everyone that was influencing her in the game (namely Day and Michelle while severing her game relationship with Paul). He allowed himself to spend the last two weeks fixated on controlling Z and lost his focus on the rest of the house.

tumblr_obp4tamgwD1t1zhuco1_400.gif

According to TV Line, BB19 will air next summer, and the season running in the fall. It sounds to me like the All Access season will be a sort of side-series. Hoping it will have a back to basics feel like BB10, since most people willing to subscribe to watch will be traditional BB fans that appreciate the gameplay aspect of the show. Very little has been confirmed so far other than it starting shortly after BB18 ends, and Julie being involved in some way.

As for the current season, I really hope the house flips on Paulie and Nicole. It's one of those things that I'll believe it when I see it, though. It's nice that Bridgette, Nat, James, Paul, and Michelle can stay up all night dishing on Paulie, but we all know it's easier for these HGs to talk a big game rather than play it. Bridgette and Paul are prone to leaking information to their superior, so I don't see Paulie being in the dark for very long. Here's to hoping! I'll admit, I was getting really excited about the prospect of a house flip during that meeting. Natalie and Michelle seem the most committed to the idea to me. I'd like to think James is too, but he's been all over the place this season. He just seems to go with whatever.

NYHorn36

So I've fallen way behind, my dvr has 7 eps saved up. Just not keeping me interested I guess, not sure I want to bail though. I'm debating whether to actually watch them all or just read recaps and try to keep up from now on. 7 eps will take forever so leaning towards the latter.

UberTag

So I've fallen way behind, my dvr has 7 eps saved up. Just not keeping me interested I guess, not sure I want to bail though. I'm debating whether to actually watch them all or just read recaps and try to keep up from now on. 7 eps will take forever so leaning towards the latter.
Instead of watching those 7 useless episodes, just watch the 7 or so hours worth of feeds from last night.

Votes as of right now for Thursday's eviction...

Bridgette - Vote to Evict Zakiyah
Corey - Vote Nullified by James
James - Vote to Evict Zakiyah
Natalie - Vote to Evict Zakiyah
Nicole - Vote to Evict Michelle
Paul - Vote Nullified by James
Paulie - Vote to Evict Michelle

Zakiyah Evicted by a Vote of 3-2.

Nicole is being set up as the traitor to Paulie for voting with the other girls to save Michelle when it will actually be James. Corey and Paul will have their asses covered due to James' care package. The plan is to keep Paulie, Nicole and Corey in the dark on this vote breakdown until the Double Eviction. Paul, James and Victor all plan to act shocked along with Corey (whose surprise will be genuine).

Nicole is being set up as the traitor to Paulie for voting with the other girls to save Michelle when it will actually be James. Corey and Paul will have their asses covered due to James' care package. The plan is to keep Paulie, Nicole and Corey in the dark on this vote breakdown until the Double Eviction. Paul, James and Victor all plan to act shocked along with Corey (whose surprise will be genuine).
This season will be saved if everything goes according to plan.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Instead of watching those 7 useless episodes, just watch the 7 or so hours worth of feeds from last night.

Votes as of right now for Thursday's eviction...

Bridgette - Vote to Evict Zakiyah
Corey - Vote Nullified by James
James - Vote to Evict Zakiyah
Natalie - Vote to Evict Zakiyah
Nicole - Vote to Evict Michelle
Paul - Vote Nullified by James
Paulie - Vote to Evict Michelle

Zakiyah Evicted by a Vote of 3-2.

OMG. Could this season actually be saved from Paulie! I don't watch the feeds so I assume this went down in that 7 hours of feeds you posted about earlier. What led to them finally breaking away from King Paulie? Do they finally see him as a threat now and try to take him out during DE?

Please let this happen. It would be the most exciting thing in this otherwise snoozefest of a season.

edit - also what's the story behind the 'Fuck you, Paulie' gif. Nat is my favorite player this year so if there is any video context to the gif can i get a link?

UberTag

Paulie will face some adversity for once and that in itself is a breakthrough but don't go considering this season miraculously saved or anything.

That vote is set up the way it is for a reason. All of the guys are competely covered thanks to the care package affording them plausible deniability. Nicole's getting royally screwed and Paulie is losing his otherwise useless "+1 vote" safety net but this could easily swing back in the other direction depending on who wins HOH.

Paulie may want Michelle gone over Z but he has been preaching his "all girls must go" rhetoric to all of the guys in the house and if Nicole takes the fall on DE night (which is likely), it's expected that the guys will swing back over to Paulie's side should he regain power.

Paul and James (and Victor by association) are the primary benefactors. They view this move as isolating Paulie and Corey in the game and separating them from their women so they can be controlled and their own agendas in the game can be respected for once instead of Paulie railroading his way on everyone. They plan to throw Derrick's words right back in his face that "if a guy you're working with is too close to a girl to take their girl out".

Nicole is in a really bad position for Thursday night - but if she survives (and the DR will go to bat for her) she's a strong candidate to receive Super Safety the next week and could easily regroup in her bid to the last woman standing. This is a big win for Michelle (obviously) and a win for Bridgette as well (who was a likely DE target otherwise).

Nat is still on shaky ground, however... she's been set up as the primary perpetrator and was arguably in a better position prior to making this move. She needs to do everything in her power to get Paulie out of this game ASAP - and, lest we forget, there are round-trip tickets in play still and it's quite likely that Paulie or Nicole would be saved by Production with one.

UberTag

OMG. Could this season actually be saved from Paulie! I don't watch the feeds so I assume this went down in that 7 hours of feeds you posted about earlier. What led to them finally breaking away from King Paulie? Do they finally see him as a threat now and try to take him out during DE?
This is largely what went down. Don't forget that Paul and Victor have been pushing all week to get Z out the door and this scenario facilitated that to happen. Also, none of this would have unfolded had Michelle not forsaken the petty month-long feud she's had with Bridgette since her HOH week for "stealing Frank from her".
- Bridgette and Nat compared notes and planned to save Michelle.
- Michelle was involved, but Bridge and Nat were the driving forces, and it really got going around the hot tub after 10 last night.
- Nat was told about Paulie telling everyone she was trash all the time, and she got mad, and finally told James how much he was hitting on her, etc.
- James got pissed and Paulie convinced him Nat was lying and trash. James told Paulie everything Nat told him, and promised her not to tell.
- Meanwhile Paulie kept up his 'singles target couples' 'boys target girls' couples target singles" stuff, AND clever Bridgette did her giggling geisha girl routine so well, that when Vic and Paul joined Bridgette and Paulie in HOH they got super flattered and comfy with Bridgette and spilled WAY too much stuff.
- Then meeting in the SR with Nat and James, where Nat filled in even more details for James. Bridgette came in and told them all she heard up in the HOH room, burying Paulie
- James decided since three votes do it, let's do it. They have the 3.
- James wanted a mini house meeting to get all of Paulie's shit out there, at least to Paul, and that's what is happening right now.
- Paul is obviously all in, he's not brain dead, and he's sharing information.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Thanks for the recap Uber.

I'm just thrilled that Paulie's game is finally going to be tested. A lot has to break the right way on Thursday's DE but at least the others are waking up to the fact that Paulie has been running the game. I just want to see people play instead of this everyone is friends vote with the house crap we've been seeing. Should be entertaining again if we have 2 sides go to war.

beasty

It took a couple months but people are finally playing the game. Bridgette is showing the potential i saw in her, I wonder if Michelle still hates Bridgette.

Paulie really shouldve thrown that POV comp. Him winning the POV actually placed him in a worse position.

UberTag

It took a couple months but people are finally playing the game. Bridgette is showing the potential i saw in her, I wonder if Michelle still hates Bridgette.
Quite the opposite now actually. Michelle owned up to the fact that she was jealous of Bridgette because of Frank and apologized. For all intents and purposes now, Michelle is now part of the Spy Girls.

FYI, Paulie is getting EVISCERATED on Twitter by Tiffany & Krista from The Amazing Race 27 while he happily vents about Natalie's personal life on the live feeds.

UberTag

edit - also what's the story behind the 'Fuck you, Paulie' gif. Nat is my favorite player this year so if there is any video context to the gif can i get a link?
Because I missed this question earlier... you can flashback in your feeds to 6:09am Pacific last night/early this morning on Camera 1 to catch this footage.

ameleco

Okay. Missed the last couple of weeks of BB and something finally went down. I went back and tried to find all the stuff on live feeds, but all I've been finding is the HOH room stuff between Nat/Paulie and then the fall out of that. I can't seem to find where it all actually started though. Where/when did this whole thing start?

Okay. Missed the last couple of weeks of BB and something finally went down. I went back and tried to find all the stuff on live feeds, but all I've been finding is the HOH room stuff between Nat/Paulie and then the fall out of that. I can't seem to find where it all actually started though. Where/when did this whole thing start?

6am yesterday morning, camera 1.

UberTag

I covered the crux of this in this post and most of the shift in the house dynamic only just played out over the course of the past 2 days.

Here are the basics, though.

Paulie got cocky and started thinking with his dick and focused his game predominantly around controlling Z and eliminating players that were close to her.

He took his influence over Paul for granted and forced his agenda on him and Vic for two weeks (during their respective HOH reigns) instead of appeasing Paul and making him think Paulie's decisions were beneficial for both their games. He also started actively throwing Paul's name under the bus to the rest of the house so they'd target him because Paul actually stood up for himself and fought Paulie on these decisions instead of being a loyal toadie.

Nat won the first care package and James began to feel insecure about his showmance usurping America's favor from him and/or using him for game thanks to BS nonsense spouted to him by Paulie and Nicole. Nat also got fed up with not being actively engaged in the game because of James always shutting her down even though she has the best instincts in the house and was clearly tapped in to how the house dynamics were evolving.

When Michelle hit the block as this week's clear target, she owned up to her negative treatment with Bridgette as being petty jealousy over her winning Frank's favor and she made an effort to actively socialize with the folks on the opposite side of the numbers while Z did nothing but drape herself over Paulie in between romps in the sack.

Nat and Bridgette re-established their Spy Girl bond and compared notes on where they saw things in the house and how Paulie had essentially been running the game for the past month and a half and we then get to the chain of events from last night I covered in my post recap.

- Bridgette and Nat compared notes and planned to save Michelle.
- Michelle was involved, but Bridge and Nat were the driving forces, and it really got going around the hot tub after 10 last night.
- Nat was told about Paulie telling everyone she was trash all the time, and she got mad, and finally told James how much he was hitting on her, etc.
- James got pissed and Paulie convinced him Nat was lying and trash. James told Paulie everything Nat told him, and promised her not to tell.
- Meanwhile Paulie kept up his 'singles target couples' 'boys target girls' couples target singles" stuff, AND clever Bridgette did her giggling geisha girl routine so well, that when Vic and Paul joined Bridgette and Paulie in HOH they got super flattered and comfy with Bridgette and spilled WAY too much stuff.
- Then meeting in the SR with Nat and James, where Nat filled in even more details for James. Bridgette came in and told them all she heard up in the HOH room, burying Paulie
- James decided since three votes do it, let's do it. They have the 3.
- James wanted a mini house meeting to get all of Paulie's shit out there, at least to Paul, and that's what is happening right now.
- Paul is obviously all in, he's not brain dead, and he's sharing information.

The one detail I left out is that Michelle clued in Nat to all of Paulie's built-in advantages he had heading into this season - being actively coached by Derrick, knowing which vets would be in the house and how to game with them, knowing Vanessa's sister was in the house and to target her, sitting in on Jozea's casting session, knowing Natalie's rep outside of the game, knowing Nicole outside of the game, socializing with Robyn Kass (BB's casting director) outside of the game, Derrick's Dad being best friends with James, Paulie acting as DJ at multiple Big Brother cast events/parties across the country, etc.

Derrick did a Periscope chat blowing smoke to disavow how much he coached up and revealed to Paulie which Paulie has already poked holes into because he can't help bragging about all of the intel Derrick provided him with. This clued Nat into the fact that Paulie had significant influence over James and gave her clearer insight on what she was up against and how to best approach flipping the house last night. The fact that James effectively has control of this entire week's outcome because of his vote cancellation care package (tonight's vote only requires 3 eviction votes cast to send someone out) and Paulie actively leaving Z exposed by not using the veto on her made this an ideal opportunity to strike.

Ganhyun

Here's to hoping that things go as planned. It would be hilarious to see Z go out and then Paulie in a double eviction after his heavy handed running of Paul and Victor's HOH sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom