• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone over on Reddit created a video compilation of Bridgette being bullied.

Bridgette isn't as innocent as everyone on /r/BigBrother is painting her to be, but this still breaks my heart. Bridgette has had a lot of off moments where she talked or acted out inappropriately, perhaps on impulse or heightened tension from feeling belittled, especially during her run as the Head of Household. That certainly doesn't excuse this behaviour though, and I honestly feel really bad about the whole situation. This house is full of terrible people that are all seemingly self-absorbed, and rude to the point where it doesn't create entertaining drama, but rather a really sad showcase of insecurities. None of them are particularity great at this game, which doesn't help this season's case. It's just... really sad... and boring... save_us.BB19

On another note: Da'Vonne is almost definitely going to be BD and be the first to enter the jury. Paulie has this really bizarre grip on everyone, and he just gets to control the house regardless of who the HOH is. The only person that I've noticed catch on to that is Dae, and I think Paulie knows that she won't be as easy to manipulate as the others, which is why he's pushed so hard for her to go. Of course Paul, wanting to stay in good standings, will do anything that Derrick, I mean Paulie, asks him to do. Ugh. Natalie is the only one I really care about anymore, and America gave her a useless care package, so she'll leave without trouble the minute the house is ready. James could have been a good player if he didn't just constantly agree to go with whatever everyone else was doing. I think I enjoyed him a lot more last season.

UberTag

You guys can take the rest of the week off until Thursday when Day's round-trip ticket kicks in and she gets whisked back into the house so she can get evicted by whomever the next HOH happens to be. The only thing you'll miss out on is how Paulie will somehow convince Day over the next 5 days that he's been her most loyal ally this entire time and had nothing to do with her getting backdoored so she'll blindly trust him when she returns to the house.

NYR

Day getting evicted?

...but season will still suck even without her?

nsr.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I was talking to my wife about the cash winnings on BB and Survivor. These shows need to pay more. They have been at the same prize level forever and inflation is a thing.

Here's what I think. Survivor should pay out somewhere between 5 to 10 million and BB should pay out between 2 to 5 million. My wife thinks those numbers should be flipped and the winner of BB get more than survivor. She thinks BB should be more BC of the time commitment. I think while its longer time it is probably a pretty good time with food and lodging taken care of.

What do you guys think? Should they payout more or are the payouts good enough? Which show deserves the larger purse?

BTW this season is hard to watch none of these peopleare likable accept Natalie. She seems pretty great.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Survivor seems to be doing just fine with the 1 million prize, consistently great cast. Full of competitors willing to do what it takes to win.

You could argue people take BB less seriously because of the smaller prize pool, but I'd blame casting over all else at this moment.

NYR

There are still tens of thousands of people who will play Surivor for a change at 71 mill or BB for $500K. No need to change anything, inflation isn't 500% the last 16 years lol.

Koomaster

I was talking to my wife about the cash winnings on BB and Survivor. These shows need to pay more. They have been at the same prize level forever and inflation is a thing.

Here's what I think. Survivor should pay out somewhere between 5 to 10 million and BB should pay out between 2 to 5 million. My wife thinks those numbers should be flipped and the winner of BB get more than survivor. She thinks BB should be more BC of the time commitment. I think while its longer time it is probably a pretty good time with food and lodging taken care of.

What do you guys think? Should they payout more or are the payouts good enough? Which show deserves the larger purse?

BTW this season is hard to watch none of these peopleare likable accept Natalie. She seems pretty great.
I wouldn't mind if BB's prize was in line with Survivor just because of the time commitment. But I don't think it's necessary to raise their prizes so high.

Plus you have other stuff like 2nd place winning money and America's favorite prize money as well as random prizes of a few thousand here and there they give out as well as sometimes cars and other valuable stuff. Plus aren't all the contestants paid a weekly paycheck on both shows just for appearing on camera? So I think there is still a bunch of money floating around both shows other than the grand prize for the final winner.

NYR

y'all ready Frank + Bridgette on the Spring season of Amazing Race? I can already see it happening...
eXl0LSS.gif
That would be great, but they tend to lean into the whole "couples/family" thing since it leads to make drama since it stresses relationships which makes for interesting TV.

That would be great, but they tend to lean into the whole "couples/family" thing since it leads to make drama since it stresses relationships which makes for interesting TV.

What you say is true, but it's funny because they're actually doing the opposite on Amazing Race next season. 22 strangers, who compete in an opening competition right after the starting point, with the first person to finish the challenge getting first pick of which stranger they want to be their teammate, and so on til the teams are formed.

UberTag

What you say is true, but it's funny because they're actually doing the opposite on Amazing Race next season. 22 strangers, who compete in an opening competition right after the starting point, with the first person to finish the challenge getting first pick of which stranger they want to be their teammate, and so on til the teams are formed.
That sounds downright awful. Whose bright idea was that?

That sounds downright awful. Whose bright idea was that?

Probably the same guy who came up with the blind date and social media seasons. I guess they feel like they need a gimmick now. But if season 30 isn't an all-stars season I'll riot. (with representation from classic seasons or I don't care. And no Cowboys or Brendan and Rachel!)

Operation Save Day came to a quick thud last night / this morning. Michelle and Zakiyah said they wanted to send Bridgette home and also said they wanted to get Paul out soon. Zakiyah told that to Paulie, who told Paul that Zakiyah wants him out. Now Paul seems gung-ho on the Day plan and he was already on board before. Paulie is pushing a few people to nominate Michelle and Zakiyah next week.

What ever happened with the fallout with that terrible cast. Have they expressed any remorse or regret for their actions?

That was a brutal summer. Links?

I tend to forget about these people once the show ends.

I can't remember what they said post-season. All I remember about that season after it finished is the drama kept going for months on social media. A lot of them truly hated each other. I follow Andy on twitter but beyond that I don't know much of what is up with that cast. Aaryn just had a baby though.

Kifimbo

This had to be the one of the worst episode in BB history.

A boring HOH comp.
A ridiculous group discussion about who's gonna be the pond.
Corey having an orgasm thinking about his dog.
Bridgette with a pathetic attempt to convince Paul of...something.
The Paul/Paulie bromance stuff.
A stupid package with socks and a never have-not pass.
Another boring 5 minutes about who's going to be the pond.
The always boring nomination ceremony, because every speech is now a copy of the last hundred.

Most exciting thing was seeing Paul without a beard.

Tiff and Frank leaving sucked the life out of this already mediocre season.

For me, Paul is the most irritating reality show contestant I've ever seen. So fake and melodramatic. I can't even look at the screen when he's in the DR now. Please, producers, meddle in something useful and give him a shock collar that zaps him for every "your boy".

UberTag

Corey having an orgasm thinking about his dog.
Seems ironic that they went out of their way to Corey profess his love for an animal in an awkward DR session given this infamous incident from earlier in the season...

So Corey had a "funny story" to tell tonight. He said one of his "frat buddies" bought a goat, put the goat in the backyard, and tried to set the goat on fire. He was making it sound like it was all his "buddy" until he fucked up and said "We tried everything to make that motherfucker burn" or something like that. The dude was reallly happy while he was telling the story.

Where do they find sick fucks like Corey? Jesus. Any chance the dude gets a shitstorm coming his way for this?

beasty

Zakiyah who's snuggled in her bumper car blurts out to Nicole in a giggly voice: I just thought about having Paulie's babiesNicole: Oh, are you in love?

Zakiyah: (*giggles more) I think I'm making myself more Infatuated... But I don't know. I definitely have a big crush.

Nicole: I have a crush too.

Zakiyah: I got to get more in your level, though. I'm more timid around Paulie. (Zakiyah is talking about needing to feel more comfortable around Paulie in general)
*Boys haven't come to visit them in the HN room*

Zakiyah: I feel like we're waiting for them to get back home from the club or something.
Good grief.

I'm confused about this season, why does it seem like nobody is tagetting the couples?
Because the house mentality is based on a social hierarchy. The showmances shall remain intact until the designated king of the house, Paulie, has decided that it is time to lose the two girls. Zak first, of course. Then Nicole after the fear of Corey being more loyal to her than him slowly begins to creep into his mind.

UberTag

Paulie's own demise is going to be Paulie. Dude thinks he is invincible right now,
Paulie has been playing incredibly blatant, arrogant and sloppy - making mistakes that would actively hinder and/or destroy the games of many similar players for a number of weeks now. To make a comparison, he's playing a meaner and more exposed game than Zach Oleynik from Big Brother Canada 3 - who also ran an out-front showmance/couples alliance and is probably the best comparison to Paulie's game.

It simply hasn't mattered up until this point and might not given the way this house has been built via casting. He has been actively flaunting how disposable everyone is in the game to him and given the underdogs in the house a metric ton of ammo with which to flip the house on him and distrust him but they simply refuse to do so and continue to consider that Paulie is THEIR F2/F3 alliance buddy to take to the end all while he is dictating boot orders and outwardly trashing most everyone in the house (including his own showmance partner that he happily screws on camera).

Co6vn4lVUAAlbhp.jpg

I do have some questions of his jury management game if he's going to be pushing this approach of screwjobbing players, making them believe they are safe until eviction night, deterring - hell, demonizing - any and all campaigning and letting people know 20 minutes beforehand that they're going to jury beyond this week. But, as of right now, he appears to be untouchable and it's made for a very boring season dominated by a player whose game is all but impossible to respect.

I'm really hoping this all access season gives them the chance to do better with casting and focus. Hopefully we won't see so much clammering for TV drama and jokey bullshit with it not actually being on TV and worrying about ratings.

I doubt it, but I'm hoping.

UberTag

They might have Star Trek themed comps in BB19, so at least we have that to look forward to.
Perhaps that will be their casting gimmick for this season. Fill the house with 16 players who heavily resemble iconic Star Trek characters.

So we'll have a Picard. A Kirk. A Spock. An Uhura. A 7 of 9. A Troi.

Paul is such a moron for letting Paulie run his HOH. Get a backbone and do what's right for your game, not Paulie's. I hope Dae has the round trip ticket just to shake things up. Otherwise these morons are gonna hand it to Paulie.

Ugh Paulie.....I hope Dae somehow makes it through this, even though most of the time I don't like how she plays the game. She's been the most interesting to watch.

Oh thank God...it's still gonna air on CBS. I don't wanna deal with CBS All Access

It's in the fall and is in addition to the summer BB

Oh too late. Stealth edit

Ugh Paulie.....I hope Dae somehow makes it through this, even though most of the time I don't like how she plays the game. She's been the most interesting to watch.

Oh thank God...it's still gonna air on CBS. I don't wanna deal with CBS All Access

Day and Paul have been the two I can'st stand the most on the CBS show. I'm so damn tired of the vilifying that happens. I understand when you don't want people to talk to other people because they can't weasel in to shit, but don't turn around and act like they're the fuckin' devil for doing so. Paul and Day have been insufferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom