• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite part of this episode was Paul's dawning realization of what an aggressive lunatic Paulie is. Also enjoyed Natalie not sinking to Paulie's level when he was being a smug douchebag. What's hilarious is that the stuff she said he did was so mild that if he had been a nice person and simply said he was a flirtatious person but never meant disrespect and then apologized, he would have been fine. But his attitude made him look 1000% worse than what she accused him of.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm not sure if Paulie is faking all these crocodile tears for a "Dan's funeral' approach but if he is hes doing it terribly. Or maybe he's just this unstable mentally. It's been kinda creepy.

I'm not sure if Paulie is faking all these crocodile tears for a "Dan's funeral' approach but if he is hes doing it terribly. Or maybe he's just this unstable mentally. It's been kinda creepy.
He told Corey that he was acting, but I don't even know. He's sobbing while baking an apple pie right now, and earlier he was ignoring his calls to the DR. Yesterday he said that his shrink advised him to not enter the house, and that he lied to the producers in-order to make cast, suggesting he has some kind of mental problem. (side note: he's close with the casting director, Robyn Kass, so I doubt he had to go through any rigorous casting process)

Michelle was saying she feels bad for him, but I ultimately don't think his little fits are going to change anyone's mind. The question is: how much will this hurt his game when he returns? He's already said numerous times that he's going to leave the jury house if he's evicted, which wasn't left a good taste in other's mouths. I mean, who wants to spend the summer with an unstable manchild? The only way this could work is if he comes back and said he was playing emotionally last time (lmao) and now that he's back, he wants to make amends. The HOH that week will largely determine how people react to his return.

Is your Avatar Finn Balor?
Yeah.

feeds went off for a bit and when they turned back on it was a chat with Corey and Paulie. Corey was basically telling Paulie they got fucked but just to deal with it. It took him a while to come around , but the second Paulie goes to run in the backyard production calls for the pie. lmao

and UberTag I don't think they are that mean

UberTag

tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o9_r1_250.gif
tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o1_250.gif

tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o6_r1_250.gif

Will Corey and Paulie bang before eviction or in the Jury house before Nicole gets there?

Will Victor and Paul be the final 2 standing?

Will James actually try to be aggressive this season?

Will Meech get drunk again?

Will Nicole say, "OMG guiiiiiiiise" over 200 times?

Burning questions I need to know the answers to...

Will Corey and Paulie bang before eviction or in the Jury house before Nicole gets there?

Will Victor and Paul be the final 2 standing?

Will James actually try to be aggressive this season?

Will Meech get drunk again?

Will Nicole say, "OMG guiiiiiiiise" over 200 times?

Burning questions I need to know the answers to...
One of the final two will be
someone that doesn't deserve to be there but might pull out the win

So at this point, you're saying Nicole or Corey then? Maybe Meech?
Nicole has pretty much set up her entire game around the premise of being carried to the end. She wants to be the Liz to Corey's Steve. She wants to be the Victoria to BB18's [failed attempt at] Hitmen. I don't think she'd win, though. Maybe against Paulie.

Now production made Paul do his punishment back to back too lmao

For those of you who don't know, Paul has to find everyone and pat them down for security checks. He was chasing Michelle around the back yard for a good bit, so he got tired. He goes all out for this dumb ass thing though.

DietRob

One of the final two will be
someone that doesn't deserve to be there but might pull out the win

So... James hes the ultimate should not be there. Well maybe Nic is less worthy but she wouldn't have the votes to Win

Optimally final 2 is Nat/Paul.

I can't believe I want Paul in f2 but honestly he deserves it.

Well I guess I'll be ok with Vic in the final also. This is the first time in years I have multiple people I actually want to win this close to the end.

TheYanger

Meech or Natalie. IMO they're game play is awful

Oh ok, so you haven't been watching or reading the feeds. Gotcha. The only true floaters left in the house are Corey and Nicole. period. Everyone else has been at least aware of what is going on and willing to put their big boy/girl pants on when the time was right. Meech the least so of those, but still far far more than you're presenting it as. Meech is ANNOYING, but she's playing the game.

UberTag

Well I guess I'll be ok with Vic in the final also. This is the first time in years I have multiple people I actually want to win this close to the end.
We're all ra-raing for Victor's second of potentially three consecutive HOH weeks and his verbal beatdowns of Paulie but he's going to be the clear defacto target in that house as soon as he's not immune thanks to his competition prowess.

Unless he's got a BB14 Ian run in him (HOH-Veto-HOH-Veto-HOH) - and he is capable of one, let me assure you - I doubt he sniffs the final 3.

llehuty

I've been oout for the last couple of weeks (right after Frank's eviction). Is it worth catching up, or should I just let it go and get my hype on for Survivor33/BB19?

UberTag

I've been oout for the last couple of weeks (right after Frank's eviction). Is it worth catching up, or should I just let it go and get my hype on for Survivor33/BB19?
Last night's episode is worth watching if nothing else.
The fall of Paulie is good TV.

Oh ok, so you haven't been watching or reading the feeds. Gotcha. The only true floaters left in the house are Corey and Nicole. period. Everyone else has been at least aware of what is going on and willing to put their big boy/girl pants on when the time was right. Meech the least so of those, but still far far more than you're presenting it as. Meech is ANNOYING, but she's playing the game.
Nicole was on the list at first but she looked like she can get bailed out at any time compared to the other women in there. I may be super wrong on this.lol. As far as Corey, just based on just watching the episodes he does enough to stay around. He would be my guess to winning the veto this week. I did catch a little bit of after dark last night and Nat & James relationship looked a little shaky.

E: I guess my prediction is wrong based on the post above mine.

netguy503

Nicole was on the list at first but she looked like she can get bailed out at any time compared to the other women in there. I may be super wrong on this.lol. As far as Corey, just based on just watching the episodes he does enough to stay around. He would be my guess to winning the veto this week. I did catch a little bit of after dark last night and Nat & James relationship looked a little shaky.

E: I guess my prediction is wrong based on the post above mine.

Talk going on now, Nicole/Corey will be up next week. Vic/Paul are saying to each other "one week down".

Corey had an actual shot at winning the veto from the convos we heard, but Paulie took it from him. So it forced Victor to go for the veto win. Victor mention if Corey had it and no one went after Corey he would have most likely just let Corey keep it.

The veto comp was the prizes/punishments"crapshoot".

Paul is trying to get Paulie to campaign so it worries out Nicole and Corey, their whole alliance is in on it and are still voting out Paulie anyway.

Nicole is also worried that people are going to start calling her a witch due to how she looks in her safety suit , it will seriously bug her.

UberTag

So why is Paulie so insistent on just lasting for one more week? If he's intent on walking out of jury anyways what does it matter?
This has nothing to do with lasting "just one week". This is just Paulie's current excuse line. He believes he is infallible and can win every comp so if he gets another opportunity to win HOH he'll destroy everyone and can nominate those wicked girls (Nat and Michelle), bro it up with his homies and they'll love him again.

Paul is trying to get Paulie to campaign so it worries out Nicole and Corey, their whole alliance is in on it and are still voting out Paulie anyway.
This is a bad play on Paul's part if he has an intention of going deep in the game with Vic. Putting Nicole and Corey on edge will only motivate them to more firmly hook their shackles into James and Michelle and swing them over (and Natalie, by extension).

That said, it's a great play on Paul's part if he's doing this explicitly in hopes of getting Vic out before he goes on an insurmountable comp run and builds an impossible to ignore resume for the jury.

Yeah UberTag I get the feeling your second point is what Paul is trying to do.

In other news apparently they are getting a Ziggy Marley concert and from the sounds of it there will be games and prizes. I saw a few minutes of them getting ready before they switched to Jeffish.

zugzug

so was their plan to prop up Paulie at start of season where everyone hates the people behind the scenes and the obvious people they are letting win and then dump that person as a twist? Or did Paulie actually do something to make the writers change the plotline to not include him anymore?

TheYanger

so was their plan to prop up Paulie at start of season where everyone hates the people behind the scenes and the obvious people they are letting win and then dump that person as a twist? Or did Paulie actually do something to make the writers change the plotline to not include him anymore?

It makes better TV to show what a piece of shit he is and let people cheer as he's dumped and come out of it liking the rest of the house, than it does to not show him be a shitlord and pretend he's awesome leaving viewers nobody to root for once he goes.

He did this all to himself.

He was totally fine for a couple weeks at the start, but his ego really got the better of him and it would be extremely hard to show him in any sort of positive light that doesn't involve just skipping days at a time for the TV version.

UberTag

It makes better TV to show what a piece of shit he is and let people cheer as he's dumped and come out of it liking the rest of the house, than it does to not show him be a shitlord and pretend he's awesome leaving viewers nobody to root for once he goes.

He did this all to himself.

He was totally fine for a couple weeks at the start, but his ego really got the better of him and it would be extremely hard to show him in any sort of positive light that doesn't involve just skipping days at a time for the TV version.
I do think they did their damnedest in the DR to smokescreen him as long as they could. I mean, absolutely NOBODY was questioning Paulie or talking about even targeting him for weeks while he was running the most transparent, sloppy and blatant game to control everyone's HOH and win as many unnecessary comps as possible.

They were clearly going to bat for him but it just became too much to handle too soon once he started actively baiting Zakiyah in front of everyone and Michelle / Natalie began to voice their reservations to themselves and to others within the house. Even then I feel James spent the better part of a week throwing cold water on Nat whenever she dared to question Paulie's good intentions before it then boiled over and spread like wildfire throughout the rest of the house.

DietRob

He's still got that damn round trip ticket.

Then he'll still walk right back out the door in 7 more days. At this point I'd be surprised if production wants his unstable ass back in the game so I wouldn't put it past them to switch out his ticket.

I just want there to be no more returning houseguests or jury buy back. Let's just finish out this season as is. The numbers make sense if there isn't another double evict.

llehuty

So... I watched the last 6 eps today (bless 2x and 1.5x playback speeds). It's being more interesting than I was giving it credit for. There is now plenty of people with a shot at winning the game, which isn't something I was expecting when Paulie was the king of the house 2 weeks ago.

Cool stuff.

zugzug

Then he'll still walk right back out the door in 7 more days. At this point I'd be surprised if production wants his unstable ass back in the game so I wouldn't put it past them to switch out his ticket.

I just want there to be no more returning houseguests or jury buy back. Let's just finish out this season as is. The numbers make sense if there isn't another double evict.

queue the slow motion GIFs of Julie Chen doing her sleight of hand on screen switching his card with a dud. :p Would be the greatest thing to ever see happen, in such a OMFG what are you thinking CBS action.

Parch

Seeing Paulie crash and burn is why this show is so good. If that douche has the return ticket, that's why this show is so bad.

At first I thought Paul was an arrogant jackass but his antics with his pelican inflatable has sold it for me. The guy is hilarious.

UberTag

Seeing Paulie crash and burn is why this show is so good. If that douche has the return ticket, that's why this show is so bad.

At first I thought Paul was an arrogant jackass but his antics with his pelican inflatable has sold it for me. The guy is hilarious.
The thing about Paul is that 99% of what he says and does is bullshit or nonsense for the cameras but he's completely AWARE that it's bullshit and nonsense for the cameras. He doesn't take much of anything he says seriously nor should we. That's a far cry from the likes of Frank and Paulie who believe the nonsense that they spew... although at least Frank has charm and he's not malicious. I'm not sure what Paulie has exactly.

TheYanger

The thing about Paul is that 99% of what he says and does is bullshit or nonsense for the cameras but he's completely AWARE that it's bullshit and nonsense for the cameras. He doesn't take much of anything he says seriously nor should we. That's a far cry from the likes of Frank and Paulie who believe the nonsense that they spew... although at least Frank has charm and he's not malicious. I'm not sure what Paulie has exactly.

Mental disorders of some sort most likely.

DietRob

so how weird is it that Paulie has been sleeping with Corey in the smallest bed in the house for the past few days? LOL
0yhr4TD.jpg

so how weird is it that Paulie has been sleeping with Corey in the smallest bed in the house for the past few days? LOL

Corey is always touching Paulie so it was a natural development. I'd really love a camera in the jury house if for when they both wind up in there before Nicole.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
First few episodes I thought Paul was one of the most obnoxious people they've ever put on the show, but he's really come around. He's one of the smarter people in the house (not saying much) and his DR stuff are actually hilarious. Can't believe I'm a fan of his now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom