• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

netguy503

I 100% agree with this. No Paul could have been great.

It's one of the reasons I'm pissed that Jessica didn't take a shot at him when she won HoH and veto. Take Ramses off and try to play the house against Paul. I know they "didn't want to make waves" when Cody came back in the house, but they should have realized nobody likes them and they have two HoH wins, so they are going to be a target. Once she didn't do that, her game was fucked. People can say all they want about "Cody cost you $500,000" but that was the move that cost her. I know Cody helped dissuade her from taking Ramses down, but still.

I also think she realized she didn't have the votes and, at that point, I don't think she did. These guys this season are so focused on getting to jury (it was even in Alex's goodbye message)/ sheep for paul/ and getting the "maximum exposure they can" (as Elena calls it) they would of stuck with Paul who guaranteed them jury. Now that they've all made it I hope we see this game really being played.

I really hope BB would stop giving money to them every week they are in the house (and more once you make jury) then that would add a new layer to the game play of this game and have people really step up. But that will never happen.

Velcro Fly

why is everbody so focused on getting into jury? are they getting payed more when they are in jury?

yeah you continue to make money the entire summer instead of just going home and back to your regular old life. i used to think this mentality was really dumb but now i think of it as cashing at a poker tournament or something.

Parch

No doubt Paul has really stirred the pot, but Cody, Jess, and Josh made it boil. They were more than willing to go nuts.

In part I think production is mainly to blame. They could have stepped up at any time and stopped the nonsense, but they see the ratings and say "let them fight". Get enough for an episode before breaking it up, but at that point it's already gone too far. It got to the point where they're so enraged with each other that they're blinded from the gameplay. Julie even confirmed to Jess that Josh wanted to target Elena, but those two idiots were so pissed at Josh that they wouldn't even let him talk.

When things get stupid, production can stop it. They don't.

Velcro Fly

I feel like if she doesn't use the hex and Cody goes last week, even if Josh is HOH this week, I don't think there is much drama. She probably doesn't compete in the temptation challenge because she still has the hex. He probably still nominates Mark and Elena or at the very worst Jessica and Elena. Maybe he's able to convince her that Elena is the target? Either way she makes it to jury.

t-storm

I'll say this. If there was no Paul this year this might have been a great season. I think this cast dynamic would have been awesome. I would have been Team Alex all the way. Not no more. One of the worst goodbye messages ever.
Agree 100%.

They had potential but Paul ruined this season for me.

cory64

No doubt Paul has really stirred the pot, but Cody, Jess, and Josh made it boil. They were more than willing to go nuts.

In part I think production is mainly to blame. They could have stepped up at any time and stopped the nonsense, but they see the ratings and say "let them fight". Get enough for an episode before breaking it up, but at that point it's already gone too far. It got to the point where they're so enraged with each other that they're blinded from the gameplay. Julie even confirmed to Jess that Josh wanted to target Elena, but those two idiots were so pissed at Josh that they wouldn't even let him talk.

When things get stupid, production can stop it. They don't.

Yeah, this started out with meh ratings but now it's running ahead of BB18, 1.81 avg vs 1.77 for BB18. This is compared to a 9% average drop in broadcast ratings the past year. We're gonna be stuck with aggressiveness in the house for the rest of the season.

Jasper

WOW!

Last night's episode of Big Brother was the highest rated episode of Big Brother since 2014. This season is rating exceptionally well!

DonShula

Yeah, this started out with meh ratings but now it's running ahead of BB18, 1.81 avg vs 1.77 for BB18. This is compared to a 9% average drop in broadcast ratings the past year. We're gonna be stuck with aggressiveness in the house for the rest of the season.

WOW!

Last night's episode of Big Brother was the highest rated episode of Big Brother since 2014. This season is rating exceptionally well!

This season has gone exceptionally well from a casting and eviction standpoint. Yeah there were some shenanigans with the battle back, but by and large the best competitors have stayed in the house a lot longer than usual. We're about to have another house split at a time in the season when things usually slow down and people start to lose interest.

I can see why ratings are defying the odds. Production has to be extremely pleased.

NYR

WOW!

The ratings are on fire, the show is doing extremely well, must be the reason we are getting an extra episode next week, it will crush anything in the summertime. This is definitely one of the best season is years too.

lenovox1

why is everbody so focused on getting into jury? are they getting payed more when they are in jury?
yeah you continue to make money the entire summer instead of just going home and back to your regular old life. i used to think this mentality was really dumb but now i think of it as cashing at a poker tournament or something.

Yes, as long as they are on TV they must be paid for their appearance. Union rules.

NYR

Yes, as long as they are on TV they must be paid for their appearance. Union rules.
Yep. Houseguests have made anywhere from $750 to $1000 a week in past seasons, so making it to jury is basically a paid vacation.

It is up to $1000 now, so making it to jury means to "win" $13,000 or $14,000, which is pretty good considering the 2nd place prize is $50,000.

kirblar

Not having a poker-style prize structure like Survivor does has been an issue since the game's inception. It's a positive, it encourages players to fight to stay one more cycle.

For reference-

1st-1M
2nd-100K
3rd-85K
4th-70K
Last place 2.5K

+a 10K reunion bonus for all

JettDash

Mark won the temptation comp and is safe. Matt came in last so he is the third nominee.

The only chance Cody has to save himself is to get drawn for the veto and win.

JettDash

The nominations are
Elena and Jason. Plus Matt because he lost the comp.

Apparently Jason volunteered to go up as a pawn instead of Paul. LOL.

cory64

Not having a poker-style prize structure like Survivor does has been an issue since the game's inception. It's a positive, it encourages players to fight to stay one more cycle.

For reference-
Third place survivor player gets paid $90/hour across 39 days. Third place BB gets $6.50/hour across 90 days. What a joke.

Koomaster

Third place survivor player gets paid $90/hour across 39 days. Third place BB gets $6.50/hour across 90 days. What a joke.
Sort of have to look at the conditions the players are put in. BB all you do is live in a nice house for hopefully 90 days, while you're free to do what you want most of the time. And as long as you're not a have-not, you have all the food/drink you could want.

Survivor it's living off rice, discomfort, trying to avoid possible medical situations like infections, disease, injury for 39 days on top of trying to compete in intense competitions.

Who would really sign up for Survivor if BB offered the same pay/prize pool for living in luxury for the whole summer?

The only way there's an ounce of drama for the double eviction is if one of the house designated targets like Mark is HOH, or if both remaining designated targets are immune from being on the block. Otherwise, snore.

JettDash

They don't know it's double elimination week is it?

I don't think so.

Anyway, Cody did not get picked to play in the veto competition.

The players will be Paul, Mark, Alex, Elena, Jason, and Matt.

It doesn't matter who wins. Cody is done.

Kyrios

I don't think so.

Anyway, Cody did not get picked to play in the veto competition.

The players will be Paul, Mark, Alex, Elena, Jason, and Matt.

It doesn't matter who wins. Cody is done.

I really want Josh to go next to see a Cody and Josh jury house lol Practically a new CBS sitcom

MisterHero

What's the story on Cody's brother and daughter?
Kevin suggested that "Maybe Cody's not a good father"

His brother died while Cody was overseas.

They are sensitive subjects to Cody, but to certain people it can be used to shit on him for whatever reason.

They are sensitive subjects to Cody, but to certain people it can be used to shit on him for whatever reason.
Ah. Yeah, hopefully they won't stoop that low. He's on his way out, so there's no reason to.

Tregard

Soothsayer

Josh and Paul aren't monsters, they wouldn't use that, right?

Farsi

Matt won the veto, if Matt pulls himself off the block that means Cody cannot be nominated. The "plan" so far is for Matt to use the veto on Jason, but plans change. Josh and Christmas are already telling Jason they want to consider the option of getting rid of Elena this week instead of Cody.

Elena won $5,000 during the veto competition, and alot of the houseguests are salty about it.

Oh by the way, Hey Matt
T3ydad8.gif

Velcro Fly

Josh and Christmas are really stupid.

Elena is no challenge threat at all. She's been up two weeks in a row and couldn't win a veto.

Cody is a challenge threat and could easily win a comp to keep himself safe.

JettDash

Elena
won this veto comp she just decided she wanted the $5k more than the veto.

Anyway, despite what Josh and Christmas want, Matt has already said he will use the veto on Jason so they can backdoor Cody.

mreddie

So the course of the last 2 days

Alex is punished to be a scout and make hot dogs and she's HOH

Paul and XMas are skydivers

Jason is XTREMEMAN

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

JettDash

Matt
used the veto on Jason and Cody is the renom. So this week is going as planned.

When was the last time someone was on the block, won the veto, and didn't use it on themselves? Has it ever happened? Usually it would be completely moronic to do that, but in this case Matt made the correct decision. There is virtually no risk that he's going home and people would be very mad at him if he ruined the backdoor plan and used the veto on himself (as the special third nominee, if the veto was used on him, there would be no renom.)

Psykoboy2

Matt

When was the last time someone was on the block, won the veto, and didn't use it on themselves? Has it ever happened? Usually it would be completely moronic to do that, but in this case Matt made the correct decision. There is virtually no risk that he's going home and people would be very mad at him if he ruined the backdoor plan and used the veto on himself (as the special third nominee, if the veto was used on him, there would be no renom.)

It's been done. I think. And it ended badly. Or...maybe it was they just didn't use it at all - and it still went badly.

Matt

Marcellas, at the very least, either in s3 or all-stars, I forget which. Of course he got evicted. Iirc, Julie smacked him in the head with her cue cards and asked why he was so stupid with the veto

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Glad Cody is gone, but how funny would it be if it was like by 1 vote or something just to make more drama.

Now the backstabbing and crying will...oh wait, Paul scapegoat target is on Mark/Elena, then Kevin because he "spoke" to Cody, then Matt/Raven to break up the show-mance.

That oughta get Paul to finals I guess.

Top Bottom