• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

xaosslug

Nah you can tell the way she talks to Paul, how she is always cuddling with him, how she snaps if Josh tries to talk to her about Paul, that she really does like him.

i am LOL... it's like this is the first time you've ever watched "reality" tv. xD

JettDash

the fact that you think you "can tell" leads me to believe you have no idea what you are talking about beyond romcoms. xD

Yes when I observe people spend a whole bunch of time together, I can tell when one likes the other. It isn't that hard.

lenovox1

i am LOL... it's like this is the first time you've ever watched "reality" tv. xD

You act like this is a normal reality show where the contestants never spend time together beyond the time you see on camera. They are cooped up together every day and all day for 100 days on this show. With Paul controlling their every thought and move, of course she may have fallen for him on some level. Unless she's explicitly stated it in the past few weeks, it's a much, much farther stretch to think that she's "acting" for the cameras.

It's crazy.. I was thinking earlier how awesome it'd be for a celebrity Big Brother for the US and I just caught up with the recent eviction to find out the news about celebrities playing lol.

lenovox1

It's crazy.. I was thinking earlier how awesome it'd be for a celebrity Big Brother for the US and I just caught up with the recent eviction to find out the news about celebrities playing lol.

Celebrity Big Brother UK is only four weeks, right? The US edition would have to be at least twice as long, which is a major commitment for a working celebrity. I'm wondering who they could even book that would be a big enough draw for a new winter series and would not be boring due to the nature of the always on feed. Lisa Rinna? Charo? A couple of Drag Race queens? Heidi and Spencer Pratt?!?

At least this version is sure to have multiple cast members over the age of 45.

(Dancing With the Stars does it, but people frequently work while appearing on the show. And DWTS always shows its contestants in the best possible light, something Big Brother would never do and the format doesn't allow to happen.)

JettDash

The bean's goodbye message was a good move.

Voting to evict Kevin, not so much. Raven thinks that Paul voted to keep her.

Raven talking so loud to Julie had me on the floor hahaha. She was shocked her "sad story" didnt work out for the final.

The crying in the house and as soon as the door opened she is doing cartwheels... i mean that was as fake as it can get.

when Jason left and Josh and paul were fighting, was that real or did they talk about it earlier?

since when do jury members get goodbye messages? i dont remember them last year. The one Jason got blew up Pauls game with what Josh said a message earlier...

also people saying alex or anybody else should have evicted paul. That would be a bad game move now.

Paul would do everything in the Jury house so that person wont win. Better try it in the final 3 and get him out that way. He wont be able to talk to the jury and turn their heads against the person who evicted him.

but for me Paul needs to win. He played the game perfectly. Nobody in there deserves to win other than him.

Would love to know what paul thought when josh didnt use the Veto . He looked sooooo relieved :D I think he couldnt believe he isnt on the block XD

Voting to evict Kevin, not so much. Raven thinks that Paul voted to keep her.

didnt help that Josh was telling her multiple times sorry when she walked out. What was he thinking?

MisterHero

I think Josh deserves a Final 2 spot at least. He's still a growing Bean and prone to youthful mistakes, he just needs to get Paul out.

JettDash

I think Josh deserves a Final 2 spot at least. He's still a growing Bean and prone to youthful mistakes, he just needs to get Paul out.

He should absolutely get Paul out if he can. Just too risky to try this week. Great chance of it not working and him getting evicted next week when he can't play in the HoH.

There will still be two potential chances to do it, and both would carry no risk of Paul staying if he gets them:

If Paul loses F4 HoH and veto, and Josh wins the veto, Paul would be on the block and Josh would be the sole vote. Clip him then. Not very likely things will turn out that way but it could happen.

Or Josh could win the F3 HoH. Since part 3 is usually kinda a crapshoot, this is a much more likely possibility. If it does happen, clip Paul then.

Tregard

Soothsayer
If you've got a choice between taking a shot at Paul now, or waiting until literally the very last moment and just crossing your fingers he messes up, I know which way I'd feel safer.

MisterHero

Josh has everything he needs to expose/blow up Paul. Sure blowups are double edged but it would absolutely change the house dynamics.

Btw I want Victor Newman in Celeb Big Brother

JettDash

If you've got a choice between taking a shot at Paul now, or waiting until literally the very last moment and just crossing your fingers he messes up, I know which way I'd feel safer.

But every single person left in the house is in Paul's pocket. Huge potential to backfire on Josh. He has a better chance of winning F3 HoH.

Josh has everything he needs to expose/blow up Paul. Sure blowups are double edged but it would absolutely change the house dynamics.

Alex isn't going to believe Josh over Paul.

Christmas is in on all of Paul's plans, and would side with Paul if Josh forced her to choose given that she is in love with him.

Paul doesn't tell Kevin everything. But he does tell him enough.

Jasper

It's comic book week in the Big Brother house! Some former houseguests are taking part...and yes, that it Dan Gheesling in the back with the glasses!

DJNfyqDVAAAeHPg.jpg:large

JettDash

Alex doesn't even really seem to care they kept Kevin. Paul told her that Raven was the better competitor so they had to get rid of her first and she just accepted it.

I'm pretty sure that the real reason Christmas and Paul evicted Raven is because she was driving them nuts.

It's comic book week in the Big Brother house! Some former houseguests are taking part...and yes, that it Dan Gheesling in the back with the glasses!

DJNfyqDVAAAeHPg.jpg:large

Didn't Nicole wear that costume as a punishment her first season?

JettDash

This season of Big Brother has achieved the highest ratings for the show since 2011. It seems the enormous success of this season is why CBS have agreed to develop a Celebrity Big Brother spin-off.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-celebrity-edition-coming-cbs-1035940

Lots of people say bringing Paul back ruined the season. From CBS's prospective, it most certainly did not.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again next summer (not Paul, a different vet).

Swass

This season of Big Brother has achieved the highest ratings for the show since 2011. It seems the enormous success of this season is why CBS have agreed to develop a Celebrity Big Brother spin-off.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-celebrity-edition-coming-cbs-1035940

Amazing, one of the most predictable seasons of big brother is garnering such good ratings.. I'm having a tough time watching these episodes when there is little to no chance of deviation from Paul's script.

Lots of people say bringing Paul back ruined the season. From CBS's prospective, it most certainly did not.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again next summer (not Paul, a different vet).

Sadly, I don't think there is anyone from this season that is the caliber of Paul. Josh is probably the closest, but no way they tailor an entire season around him.

JettDash

Amazing, one of the most predictable seasons of big brother is garnering such good ratings.. I'm having a tough time watching these episodes when there is little to no chance of deviation from Paul's script.

Sadly, I don't think there is anyone from this season that is the caliber of Paul. Josh is probably the closest, but no way they tailor an entire season around him.

Christmas could be good on her own if she is healed well enough. Though probably not on Paul's level.

Jasper

Lots of people say bringing Paul back ruined the season.

Interesting you bring this up, because I just read an interview with Big Brother legend Dr. Will discussing this season, and he was asked why there are so many former houseguests trashing Paul on social media, and he flat out said that it's because the former houseguests are "jealous".

And what Dr Will is saying rings true, because Paul has single-handily turned Big Brother (a prime-time CBS show with millions upon millions of viewers every episode) into "The Paul Show".

Whilst Paul is shining in the lime-light for the second year in a row (and this year, the show's all about him), they themselves as former houseguests are bitter, irrelevant and most likely unemployed or working shitty jobs - wishing they themselves were in Paul's shoes.

JettDash

Interesting you bring this up, because I just read an interview with Dr. WIll discussing this season, and he was asked why there are so many former houseguests trashing Paul, and he flat out said that it's because the former houseguests are "jealous".

And what Dr Will is saying rings true, because Paul has single-handily turned Big Brother (a prime-time CBS show with millions upon millions of viewers every episode) into "The Paul Show".

Whilst Paul is shining in the lime-light for the second year in a row (and this year, the show's all about him), they themselves as former houseguests are bitter, irrelevant and most likely unemployed or working shitty jobs - wishing they themselves were in Paul's shoes.

I agree with him.

Dr. Will is always objective.

killroy87

Interesting you bring this up, because I just read an interview with Big Brother legend Dr. Will discussing this season, and he was asked why there are so many former houseguests trashing Paul on social media, and he flat out said that it's because the former houseguests are "jealous".

To be fair, Paul didn't single handedly do it. He had a team of editors and producers on his side to help him out ;)

This was the Paul show, for sure, but just like everything with reality TV, that's because that's what the producers wanted.

xaosslug

Yes when I observe people spend a whole bunch of time together, I can tell when one likes the other. It isn't that hard.

i'm sorry, but LOL

You act like this is a normal reality show where the contestants never spend time together beyond the time you see on camera. They are cooped up together every day and all day for 100 days on this show. With Paul controlling their every thought and move, of course she may have fallen for him on some level. Unless she's explicitly stated it in the past few weeks, it's a much, much farther stretch to think that she's "acting" for the cameras.

yeah, no. She talks about her Instagram following way too much and is the type of person that has their "eye on the prize" too much for me to believe she's just suddenly found herself in love with the vet of the season, especially when a couple of weeks ago she was telling Josh not to wholly trust Paul. Ha!

she plays to the camera and goes with the flow of her "narrative" on the show. This is just a new "twist" to her "story" to keep herself viable to producers.

come on. I cannot believe peeps are falling for this mess. xD

Julie name-checked both Jessica and Cody in THR interview posted... Julie/producers clearly view the drama they caused as part of the reason for the spike in viewership and one or both are def. coming back. BB producers might do some kind of TeamJessica vs TeamCody season or something. I can def. see it. LOL

JettDash

i'm sorry, but LOL

Sorry that you are unable to pick up on when someone likes someone else by watching them spend a bunch of time together.

Josh can tell too and he actually spends like all of his time with them. He asked them about being in a showmance.

sammex

Just seen the episode.

Alex WTF?!

Worst double eviction episode ever. Can't believe Josh is the only one even contemplating taking a shot at Paul. Those goodbye messages to Jason - hope he tells everyone at jury what happened.

xaosslug

Sorry that you are unable to pick up on when someone likes someone else by watching them spend a bunch of time together.

Josh can tell too and he actually spends like all of his time with them. He asked them about being in a showmance.

i'm sorry, but the fact that you think the peeps "playing this game" are coming up with these revelations by themselves is part of what has me lolzing. Producers more than likely put the idea in his head because that's what they want to see play out on screen.

Christmas has gone from liking Matt, to liking Cody, to now liking Paul... and Josh is supposedly her "BFF/ride or die"... that doesn't strike you the least bit odd? There is another layer to this game, and Christmas is PLAYING IT. lol

JettDash

Just seen the episode.

Alex WTF?!

Worst double eviction episode ever. Can't believe Josh is the only one even contemplating taking a shot at Paul. Those goodbye messages to Jason - hope he tells everyone at jury what happened.

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that Josh is thinking about taking a shot at Paul before F3 and lots to the contrary.

NYR

Yeah, the producers are evening airing ads showing Paul as the puppet master, shit is getting fed to the other house guests to stir up drama.

JettDash

i'm sorry, but the fact that you think the peeps "playing this game" are coming up with these revelations by themselves is part of what has me lolzing. Producers more than likely put the idea in his head because that's what they want to see play out on screen.

Christmas has gone from liking Matt, to liking Cody, to now liking Paul... and Josh is supposedly her "BFF/ride or die"... that doesn't strike you the least bit odd? There is another layer to this game, and Christmas is PLAYING IT. lol

So you think you know Christmas better than Josh.

And I've never seen any evidence that Christmas ever had feelings for Matt or Cody. She might have thought they were attractive.

And she may not have completely trusted Paul a few weeks ago but she does now. For good reason. He tells her all of his plans, and they work. He targeted the others pairs. He threw her an HoH, and convinced everyone to throw her another one. Ect.

TheYanger

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that Josh is thinking about taking a shot at Paul before F3 and lots to the contrary.

I mean...you can say they edit it how they want, but they've clearly shown that Josh knows that Paul is a problem for the last two episodes. Like, very clearly. He also knows that the last thing he's interested in doing is going against Christmas and she won't have any of it.

xaosslug

So you think you know Christmas better than Josh.

And I've never seen any evidence that Christmas ever had feelings for Matt or Cody. She might have thought they were attractive.

And she may not have completely trusted Paul a few weeks ago but she does now. For good reason. He tells her all of his plans, and they work. He targeted the others pairs. He threw her an HoH, and convinced everyone to throw her another one. Ect.

is this your first time watching a "reality" tv show? Or Big Brother in particular? Because I'm and kind of giggling @ your doe-eyed posts.

and we ALL know Christmas. She shows us who she is every episode, which is why I don't understand how you are falling for this "just a girl in wuv" aweeeee bs. xD

the most realistic depiction of a relationship in BB showmance form I've seen this season was Elena and Mark - the way she dropped him like a hot potato (on the surface) when it was endangering her game was the realist shit. LOL

is this your first time watching a "reality" tv show? Or Big Brother in particular? Because I'm and kind of giggling @ your doe-eyed posts.

and we ALL know Christmas. She shows us who she is every episode, which is why I don't understand how you are falling for this "just a girl in wuv" aweeeee bs. xD

the most realistic depiction of a relationship in BB showmance form I've seen this season was Elena and Mark - the way she dropped him like a hot potato (on the surface) when it was endangering her game was the realist shit. LOL
Poor Mark, nice guy, completely gullible dumbass.

MisterHero

yeah because 500k would save a houseguest from a shitty job, and Paul's methods make him beloved and not someone who dragged down an an entire cast/season by making everyone miserable. Not

JettDash

I'm giggling at your inability to tell that a girl likes a guy and your belief that you know Christmas better than Josh.

And it isn't actually a showmance between Paul and Christmas because he doesn't really like her and he has a gf. He's just putting up with her wanting spoon every night because he thinks it is better for his game (it is).

And BTW, it was clear to me that Elena didn't really like Mark. Certainly, she liked Paul better than him.

JettDash

Paul is talking to the cameras.
He says that Alex wanted to put up Kevin and Josh. But because of his elaborate plan to keep Alex in his pocket, he was able to convince her to put up Raven and Kevin. He also says he threw the DE veto because if he won, that would have forced him to show his cards. Paul had everyone throw the HoH to Josh. Kevin might have been better, but he feels that he has more control over Josh. Doesn't think that there is any chance that Josh will turn on him this week.

Also, earlier Josh was talking to the cameras.
He says he knows that he has to get rid of Paul to have a shot at winning. But should he try now or wait for F3? I will be shocked if Josh actually betrays Paul this week. And I maintain that it probably wouldn't work and he would be clipped at F4 if he tries.

Didn't even see this post before:

I mean...you can say they edit it how they want, but they've clearly shown that Josh knows that Paul is a problem for the last two episodes. Like, very clearly. He also knows that the last thing he's interested in doing is going against Christmas and she won't have any of it.

Yeah, well, I was going off the live feeds not just the TV edit (same for my belief that Christmas is into Paul). Like him swearing to the cameras multiple times that he is loyal to Paul and won't turn on him until at least final 3. Though regarding that, see what I posted above.

ETA: I think it may be possible for Paul to convince Alex to throw the veto to him (though he doesn't necessarily need her to throw it if he's actually trying to win). He could tell her that he's afraid of being backdoored, and that if he won the veto, that it would make them both safe. I really think she might be dumb enough to believe this.

JettDash

The nominees are
Kevin and Alex. Huge shocker. Alex is crying. Fuck that bitch. I really hope she doesn't win veto.

ETA:
Christmas is telling Josh to take Paul to F2 if it comes down to it. And she already said to put her on the block instead of Paul if Alex wins veto. But nope she doesn't like him, it is all fake for TV. /s

Arkeband

Banned
Christmas and Paul needing to cuddle up when they had that curse probably stirred some feelings, if you're two single people basically laying on each other the only thing keeping them from acting on instinct or curiosity is the shame of the cameras.

JettDash

Christmas and Paul needing to cuddle up when they had that curse probably stirred some feelings, if you're two single people basically laying on each other the only thing keeping them from acting on instinct or curiosity is the shame of the cameras.

I think the feelings are entirely one way. A few days ago, at like 3am in the HoH, Paul and Christmas were talking alone. Then Christmas asks Paul if he will please cuddle with her. He agrees, but gives the camera a weird look like he didn't want to.

kirblar

I think that this plays out pretty simply:
If Alex wins Veto, Josh needs to axe Paul. He cannot let both stay in the game at F4. If she doesn't win veto, it's probably best that he vote her out instead of Paul, but it's a gamble either way.

JettDash

I think that this plays out pretty simply:
If Alex wins Veto, Josh needs to axe Paul. He cannot let both stay in the game at F4. If she doesn't win veto, it's probably best that he vote her out instead of Paul, but it's a gamble either way.

But he probably couldn't do that.
Both Alex and Christmas would evict Kevin. Alex hates Kevin and is a dedicated Paul minion. Christmas is in love with Paul.

Even putting Paul up would be very risky for his game next week since they all have already agreed that Christmas should go up instead.

Best to just go along with the plan and hope he can get Paul out at F3. Or F4 if the stars align (Paul loses both HoH and veto and Josh wins veto).

Paul planned this out masterfully.

Top Bottom