• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
giv5rJn.jpg

Surprise, Frankie is the most annoying part of this picture.

Twists, twists, and more twists. Funny remembering how simple and affective BB2 was. Hoh & Food competition. That's it. And there was so much game talk every episode. There is just nothing appealing for me watching this episode. Scripted DR's, the least diverse class I've seen. And I know I have to deal with the over the top drawn out ridiculous looking competitions every week which makes me feel I'm watching a japanese game show or Wipeout. And it takes up so much time. Yes they've been doing this for years but I'm tired of it.

It's like the show is meant for people with ADHD.

cory64

Having to go 24 hours without being able to wash the bad taste of the CBS show away with the live feeds is going to kill me.

UberTag

Apparently Ariana Grande will be picking out two additional houseguests to be part of Frankie's secret Team America alliance and will be encouraging her Twitter army to vote for them over the next two weeks. So it's really all a matter of who she rallies behind.

This is like last year's "Protect Elissa" twist except Helen and Rachel's other favorite player would be protected as well.

Big Brother 16 Season Premiere Recap: Live after Episode 1 of BB16

Apparently Ariana Grande will be picking out two additional houseguests to be part of Frankie's secret Team America alliance and will be encouraging her Twitter army to vote for them over the next two weeks. So it's really all a matter of who she rallies behind.

This is like last year's "Protect Elissa" twist except Helen and Rachel's other favorite player would be protected as well.

I hate everything about this. They really need to do away with this Team America shit and just rig the game how the want.

DMeisterJ

Banned

All the more reason Frankle needs to be eliminated this week :)

I just don't think it's a hard and fast rule that Frankle will be around for the long haul and will be protected (moreso than any other production pet).

So Franklie's sister will be rallying her fans to vote in his favor, most of which probably do not watch the show. That's fair. That's cool.

Nuklear

Banned
The secret alliance thing is going to backfire. It's going to be like the saboteur but with three people and it will flop just as hard as the saboteur did.

Holmes

I've decided to be a bandwagon jumper this season. So we all hate Frankie? Fuck you, Frankie. Canada America hates bullies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
UGH I'm so SICK of the twists that just get worse every year. There's no tension at all because you know damn well that Arianal Grundy's twitter gang is gonna keep Frankie safe for the next few. Can we just get back to the early seasons where the drama comes from the cast interactions? Or hell, back to season 1 where America voted which of the two nominees got evicted every week?

Anyways, this group or the first half at least already blows last year's garbage dump of a cast out of the water. My thoughts on the first 8:

Frankie- I wasn't as annoyed by him as I thought I'd be, not too bad yet. I can see how he'd be a bit "much" for some but I love over-the-top people

Devin- He's ok, kind of boring but seems like a decent guy. I do LOVE his unexpected attraction to Joey though!

Joey- She seems pretty cool, I'm hoping her and Frankie do become BFF's I kind of love them together

Donny- Real talk, I expected to hate him since he reminds me of Duck Dynasty. But he legit had me bust out laughing a few times. Pleasantly surprised! "Do I do crunches? nooooooooooo" LMFAO (but please don't turn out to be a bigot)

The less attractive Aaryn-lookin' girl (sorry can't recall her name): bland as dishwater. That's all I have

Cody- Attractive of course, but a bit more of a moron than I thought he'd be "what's your ideal girl"
Cody: "Well she uhhhhhhhhhhhhh can't be a....... DUD" UGH, disappointed tbh

Amber: very attractive, was hoping she'd be one of my faves but.... not much there. Maybe she's shy? OH and could you make it any more AWKWARD and OBVIOUS that you threw the comp in front of everyone including your flop girl alliance that was counting on you? Mess.

Pao Pao: ugh, just dreadful. I knew from her pic I wouldn't like her but she's worse than I imagined. How much do you wanna bet she gave herself that stupid nickname btw? BYE Pao!

Looking forward to seeing Jacosta and Zach tomorrow

UberTag

Can't believe I haven't even seen the first episode yet and I'm already rooting for Frankie to get the boot.
Rachel Reilly ‏@RachelEReilly
IM EVEN MORE #OBSESSED WITH @FrankieJGrande NOW! #BB16 I HOPE THAT THE FIRST HOH LEGAND PROVES TRUE! :) WIN THIS GAME! @CBSBigBrother

Amanda Zuckerman ‏@AMANDAZUCKERMAN
Ok I kinda love Frankie. Any gay who leaps to @JulieChen is a favorite of mine. Plus we all know I love the 1st HOH's...#bb16

FRANKIE GAVE ME A SHOUTOUT! YESSSS! VERY EXCITED! #BB16 WORK IT @FrankieJGrande I HAVE FAITH THE FIRST HOH IS THE BEST 2WIN! @CBSBigBrother

Diablos

Can't believe I haven't even seen the first episode yet and I'm already rooting for Frankie to get the boot.
Social media truly is a powerful force.

Every time I see another picture of the cast it just makes me wish someone really high up at CBS would have the guts to pull the plug on this show. But then you realize Chenbot is married to the guy who can always have the last word.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
IM EVEN MORE #OBSESSED WITH @FrankieJGrande NOW! #BB16 I HOPE THAT THE FIRST HOH LEGAND PROVES TRUE! :) WIN THIS GAME! @CBSBigBrother

Ok I kinda love Frankie. Any gay who leaps to @JulieChen is a favorite of mine. Plus we all know I love the 1st HOH's...#bb16

FRANKIE GAVE ME A SHOUTOUT! YESSSS! VERY EXCITED! #BB16 WORK IT @FrankieJGrande I HAVE FAITH THE FIRST HOH IS THE BEST 2WIN! @CBSBigBrother

BARF so my fave Rachel loves Frankie, and head of the KKK Amanda loves Frankie. Not sure how to feel right now
AddEmoticons00925.gif

#GoGrandeOrGoHome ...ugh

Amanda and Rachel looking from RTs from lil sis Ariana.

Ovid

If this happens I'm done.

I have the feeds but I would only watch if there was some drama going down.

Ajax125

Banned

Welp....already this season is going to suck.

Dinosur

Actually didn't hate the cast as much as I thought I would. BB/Grodner/Julie/Twist/Twist/Twisty Twist were the worst parts of the episode.

Day 1 favorites: Nicole and Donny (not to win, just like them)

I'm just ready for tomorrow already to watch all this happy-go-lucky 8 person alliance shit crumble to the ground.

The whole America three person alliance thing is fucking dumb too, obviously. Especially if "we" get to tell them how to vote.

enigmatic_alex44

am I the only one who has no idea who Frankie's sister is? Is she like a Disney star or something?

get into Ariana
tumblr_n4xdnr7V481t0lrkuo1_400.gif

just joking she's basically a young, less talented Mariah Carey who cannot dance worth a damn

UberTag

am I the only one who has no idea who Frankie's sister is? Is she like a Disney star or something?
Here's her Wikipedia page.

She was a Nickelodeon star (starred in their Glee equivalent) before breaking out big with her debut album (first female singer to have her album chart #1 since Ke$ha in 2010).

Frankie is her 31-year-old half-brother... although he's lying about his age on Big Brother and saying that he's 28.

HylianTom

Banned
My one qualm about this cast: remember when we had more of an age range on this show? There are moments where I feel like I'm watching spoiled kids on an MTV show..

My one qualm about this cast: remember when we had more of an age range on this show? There are moments where I feel like I'm watching spoiled kids on an MTV show..

I'm contemplating abandoning this season because of this. I already abandoned last season because of the racists.

UberTag

Promo for Tomorrow Night's Episode

Speculation based on the footage of Hayden and Caleb embracing at what is clearly the HOH comp is that one of the two of them is the HOH for Team B.

BrB2VMmIYAA4tAu.png

Hayden said during his interviews that he was going to try and win the first comp. Caleb was more wishy-washy on the subject... was torn on the decision.

enigmatic_alex44

The queen is probably already ruling the house going into the first eviction week.

idHC3i8HhH4hY.gif

*sigh* I want to like her so much but I just can't with the bowtie. I see she has an assortment of colors to go with different outfits cuz I guess this is her "thing" but having them on with her bathing suit is just a bit much for me. I hope tomorrow night her personality can outshine her bowtie schtick...

Dinosur

I don't understand why they went through the trouble of making a second HoH room. With the whole Battle of the Block thing, won't there only be two HoH's for like 1-2 days? Guess they need some way to get the clowns to strategize.

Yeah there was a point tonight where Paola was talking to Cody and she used the phrase "real world" and I immediately thought, "is that the show she thinks she's on?"

edit:

Just chuckled seeing that thread they're bringing TRL back for one day to promote Ariana Grande. Voting this season gonna be a mess.

UberTag

I don't understand why they went through the trouble of making a second HoH room. With the whole Battle of the Block thing, won't there only be two HoH's for like 1-2 days? Guess they need some way to get the clowns to strategize.
Technically, it's a room they've always had in place (for the Coaches in BB14 and for Pandora's Box otherwise) so it's not like they've had to build a new room.
They just had to furnish it for living purposes (something they've already done once before).

The Battle of the Block competition, multiple HOHs and team vs. team dynamic is going to be a recurring thing in subsequent weeks. It's not a twist reserved for just Week 1. I would assume that both HOHs will get the room for the full week even if the 2nd HOH gets nominated and winds up on the block after losing the BotB comp.

One episode in and....I just don't know. The two people who seem to know the game are practically mutes socially. America's team is basically Team Frankie. His sister is riling-up social media, so that's in the bag for him. I'm already ready for Frankie to go and for Paola to follow him. All these alliances, all this talk about showmances, yuck. It's day one people, get to know these people first. All these people looked like they were forced to watch the past couple seasons in sequester and came into the house thinking they needed to form an alliance immediately. I liked Donny, he seemed like a good guy, but he will be death on the feeds. Amber is a smoke show, DAMN. Joey cheering for Amber during the comp was just hilarious.

The dual HOH crap just screams "throw the HOH comp". Win HOH, you are not safe, and have the added bonus of nominating two people who might not remain on the block? They are encouraging people to float.

Velcro Fly

I just want people in this house that will cause drama, be scummy within the confines of the game, and just generally be unpredictable. I want someone winning HOH to be a game altering thing because you don't know what they are going to do. I feel like this show has become predictable as hell in recent years. Whatever happened to expect the unexpected? I want that out of the houseguests as much as I do from the show itself. I'm not talking about pulling a Willie or a Chima and just being completely crazy and uncontrollable.

I was kind of surprised by the cast in the first episode. Frankie and Paola were annoying but other than that I mostly liked everyone else. Which is kind of a good sign for me because most the people I actually liked early are in the second group of HG's.

I really don't like the dodo music playing pretty much everytime Donny talks. Its just kind of annoying when he really isn't saying anything stupid. Playing the music doesn't suddenly make it sound stupid.

It also seems like they're already playing up Nicole as a Jordan stand in.

I just really hate when they start off the season with these set roles in the DR. Let the damn people settle in and establish themselves. Quit throwing them in to a role and making them fit that role.

Team America doesn't have me too concerned yet. It doesn't seem like it will be an automatic save Frankie twist like it was for Elissa last season. We'll soon see, but right now I'm a little optimistic about it not being as stupid.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I have to agree, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule that Frankle will be saved by the twist. I think the premiere was good, aside from Frankle, it was some good Big Bro so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom