• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

Out of curiousity, do they have feeds fo the jury house or anything? I'd rather see things from their side at this point.

As boring and wack as this season has been, if Derrick actually doesn't end up winning because of productch, it would be truly horrifyingly offensive.

Eh, his family is rich already and his sister could still do that. I'd rather see the money go towards the average American family that is not inherently wealthy.

It's very annoying that production is assisting Frankie. I wouldn't be shocked if there are contracts in place for his survival in the show.

Indeed. It was perfect time to get Frankie out, but I am sure there was some DR manipulation.

A previous poster quoted Caleb as saying the DR told him he and Frankie would be the best final 2 ever. He was the only one called after it became well known that the plan was to put Frankie out. Then he puts up Victoria.

I say its definitely happening.

Oh wow really...that is such crap. Frankie is already wealthy.

Man, all this stupid DR manipulation.

and this is why I usually don't watch "reality" TV, as it's all either scripted or manipulated to pander for ratings or ulterior motives.

If Frankie ends up winning this, my girl is gonna have a pretty hard time getting me to watch a 2nd season of this shit....

kirblar

and this is why I usually don't watch "reality" TV, as it's all either scripted or manipulated to pander for ratings or ulterior motives.

If Frankie ends up winning this, my girl is gonna have a pretty hard time getting me to watch a 2nd season of this shit....
Just stick to Survivor, you'll be much happier. :)

TheYanger

I've never watched a season of Survivor, although I've caught an episode or 3 over the years.

Maybe I'll check it out.

There's editing as far as manipulating how you should feel about people, but Big Brother is really the only show I can think of (certainly mainstream popular one) with actual production interference. Survivor has its good seasons and bad, but for better or worse I've never remotely gotten the impression it was rigged. Ditto Amazing Race. I considered those three the trifecta of quality reality competitions in the original heyday for this stuff, but Big Brother has fallen off a cliff where the others have just settled into a sort of normalcy.

TheYanger

Seasons to watch:

You could probably start with 28, it just finished airing and was a top 5 season.

I think there's a lot to be said for watching S1 first, since basically all strategy we see on these shows evolved from there, but it is REALLY sort of documentary-esque compared to what we get now, so it feels a bit slow.

mattvlr

Neo Member
I'm not sure why production is still assisting him so much when they're now giving him complete douchebag edits.

I mean they actually showed all the stuff he said about Donny on Sunday. They must know 90% of the fans are going to hate him after that.

Because he is starting to lose it, which leads to better TV.

Seasons to watch:

You could probably start with 28, it just finished airing and was a top 5 season.

Season 28 was that good? I still have it on my DVR and never got around to watching it. Might have to check it out pretty soon then.

Where are all of the damn twists that Julie promised me? I know that Derrick is playing the best game, but I kinda hope he gets voted out pretty soon....I just want something unexpected to happen. I still need to watch the last 3 episodes too.

UberTag

Season 28 was that good? I still have it on my DVR and never got around to watching it. Might have to check it out pretty soon then.
I don't know if Season 28 was that good so much as the rest of American reality TV has been so awful of late that a decent Survivor season without a returning player to be seen and some genuinely enthusiastic contestants that weren't afraid to play the game came off as a breath of fresh air.

I just want something unexpected to happen. I still need to watch the last 3 episodes too.
This is not the reason to watch Big Brother this year.

If there is a reason (and I haven't been watching for well over a month now so clearly I haven't found one), it's to watch the ongoing chess match between Derrick's mastery of the game vs. Production's desire to prop up Frankie Grande that's been in play since Week 2 and fully exposed since that rigged Battle of the Block competition followed by Frankie "outing" himself as Ariana's big brother. The past few weeks have essentially been a cold war since those lines were drawn and Thursday's double eviction is quite possibly the last instance where possible pre-finale blows may take place.

Q: When will your faves?
pwi_0141726.jpg
pwi_0142709.jpg

pwi_0142504.jpg
pwi_0143521.jpg

A: Never.

Nuklear

Banned
Season 28 of Survivor was really good. If you want to watch a current season watch that one. 27 was really good too. I just started watching Survivor and it's miles better than Big Brother. I would kill for live feeds of Survivor(Yes, I know it's pre-taped months in advance.). lol

I plan on giving Utopia a shot. I wish they had a season pass for the feeds of that because I think I would have ponied up for them.

Ganhyun

Season 28 of Survivor was really good. If you want to watch a current season watch that one. 27 was really good too. I just started watching Survivor and it's miles better than Big Brother. I would kill for live feeds of Survivor(Yes, I know it's pre-taped months in advance.). lol

I plan on giving Utopia a shot. I wish they had a season pass for the feeds of that because I think I would have ponied up for them.

The last two seasons of Survivor renewed my interest in it. Big Brother is basically fast becoming a never watch again for me. I might give Utopia a chance. Not sure yet.

Jigorath

Banned
Is Big Brother suffering because of Grodner?

Obviously. She has her favorites every season, and does everything she can to help them. Jeff, Evel Dick, Frank, Rachel, she's been ruining this show since the day she took over. One of the reasons I like Hayden so much is that he's the only person who managed to win AGAINST Grodner's riggage. Even a great winner like Dan had some sort of help from production.

Is Big Brother suffering because of Grodner?

Yup. Besides her playing favorites and all the rigging, the show is just too convoluted at this point. It needs to be stripped down to it's purest form. No coaches, or teams, or cliques, or dual HOH's, or Diamond POV's, or Pandora's Box, or any of that other bullshit.

Also, while many rip on casting for these houseguests, this is what Grodner wants. She has her templates that need to be filled every year and they fill them.

TheYanger

If you guys are more recent reality competition viewers (which clearly SOME here are) I highly recommend checking out the first two seasons of The Mole from back in the early 2000s also, with Anderson Cooper. That show would run into huge flaws if it had kept running I'm sure (production interference is almost impossible to avoid with its format) but it was super entertaining at the time.

I know people were big on the AU versions as well but honestly I tried and didn't get into them as much.

Nuklear

Banned
I wish they would do one last season and cancel the show. Do a Mega-All-Stars(bring back all the winners) and put up a 2 million dollar pot with zero stipend or bonus money for making jury. Well at least tell them that and then surprise the losers with some money at the end. Send the show off with a bang.

E92 M3

Obviously. She has her favorites every season, and does everything she can to help them. Jeff, Evel Dick, Frank, Rachel, she's been ruining this show since the day she took over. One of the reasons I like Hayden so much is that he's the only person who managed to win AGAINST Grodner's riggage. Even a great winner like Dan had some sort of help from production.

What did Hayden do to avoid her riggage? I don't know that story lol.

Yup. Besides her playing favorites and all the rigging, the show is just too convoluted at this point. It needs to be stripped down to it's purest form. No coaches, or teams, or cliques, or dual HOH's, or Diamond POV's, or Pandora's Box, or any of that other bullshit.

Also, while many rip on casting for these houseguests, this is what Grodner wants. She has her templates that need to be filled every year and they fill them.

I'd love for the show to be stripped down to the basic.

NYR

Wow, the over dramatics are insane. Cancel the show? Come on guys, one bad season and it's game over? This season was a sign of one thing - big alliances are dumb and the game should be made to expose them. It would be so easy to make a comp point out the alliance or where things are at. This season needed MORE rigging and less giant alliances from hour one.

Yado

Caleb in HOH with Derr & Vic. Caleb saying how crazy in love with Cody Christine is and she is married.
He keeps saying that it's bad. He says she can't stay away from him it's like she is literally melted to him. He looks at the camera and says "Tim just sign the divorce papers. Just sign 'em. They're in love baby. Ain't nothing nobody can do. None of us houseguests can seperate them. I don't know what to do!" He laughs. Camera locks on Caleb while he is talking. Derr says I am wearing a ring. Caleb says "and you notice Victoria isn't wearing his ring playing pool and badmittion like Cody was wearing Christine's."

ifoPtsrANbN36.gif

Wow, the over dramatics are insane. Cancel the show? Come on guys, one bad season and it's game over? This season was a sign of one thing - big alliances are dumb and the game should be made to expose them. It would be so easy to make a comp point out the alliance or where things are at. This season needed MORE rigging and less giant alliances from hour one.

One bad season? I'm not saying cancel the show, but lets not pretend BB15 was good either

No, more rigging is never the right answer.

What this season needed was for Grodner to stop her template casting. Then once selected, show them actual good seasons of BB gameplay while in sequester, not fucking BB15

NYR

One bad season? I'm not saying cancel the show, but lets not pretend BB15 was good either

No, more rigging is never the right answer.

What this season needed was for Grodner to stop her template casting. Then once selected, show them actual good seasons of BB gameplay while in sequester, not fucking BB15
I like 15. It was interesting and note worthy - nothing quite like watching horrible people be horrible. It's entertainment.

I don't mean full out rigging. I am talking about comps and stuff to break up 8 people alliances, that is stupid.

[Caleb in HOH with Derr & Vic. Caleb saying how crazy in love with Cody Christine is and she is married.
He keeps saying that it's bad. He says she can't stay away from him it's like she is literally melted to him. He looks at the camera and says "Tim just sign the divorce papers. Just sign 'em. They're in love baby. Ain't nothing nobody can do. None of us houseguests can seperate them. I don't know what to do!" He laughs. Camera locks on Caleb while he is talking. Derr says I am wearing a ring. Caleb says "and you notice Victoria isn't wearing his ring playing pool and badmittion like Cody was wearing Christine's."]

Cody is wearing her wedding ring!?
So he is officially her house husband...
That's kinda sweet, but there is no way her husband is ok with that. That's a line that didn't need to be crossed.

UberTag

If you guys are more recent reality competition viewers (which clearly SOME here are) I highly recommend checking out the first two seasons of The Mole from back in the early 2000s also, with Anderson Cooper. That show would run into huge flaws if it had kept running I'm sure (production interference is almost impossible to avoid with its format) but it was super entertaining at the time.
The Mole was an amazingly underrated series (at least the non-Celebrity installments).
It's a shame it never caught on in North America.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Good grief, I've only missed the last epiisode but I feel like I'm so far behind! What's the deal with production helping Frankie? It sure seems like he's the darling of the show this season.

BTW, I can't stand this monster alliance that has literally sapped all the fun out of this season. Heaven forbid someone break away and flip the house.

NYR

Frankie getting dat asshole edit.

17 minutes into the show before he utters a word on TV - says a lot about how production has turned on him.

NYR

Wow, DR totally feeding lines to Cody there talking smack about Frankie and what kind of "player he is". Show has totally turned on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom