• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I remember reading a reddit AMA with a person who attended a big brother live taping and they said they were instructed not to boo.

So I can only surmise this audience was either told they can boo or just wasn't told anything.
Yeah, they have audience behavior protocol they choose to selectively enforce.

Incidentally, Big Brother is as scripted/fixed as professional wrestling.
Production is just as much a competitor in that house as any of the houseguests.
That's the main reason why Derrick has been extremely delicate about how he approaches targeting Frankie.
CBS has contractual obligations with the Grande family to uphold and good villains make for great television.
Frankie's getting a winner's payout regardless of whether he "wins" the season or not. He's there purely for publicity.

If they've shifted to a slightly non-golden edit after weeks of trying in vain to force feed one, it just means they'll have Frankie play the villain that Derrick ultimately conquers in the end.

If you want to watch a reality TV competition that isn't "steered" towards specific outcomes, I suggest you watch something else. This one doesn't play by game show rules.

Red Comet

Ugh, Frankie is convinced that America hates Christine because she was saying bad things about Frankie. I can not wait to see the look on his face when he gets booed.

UberTag

I propose that we all watch Amazing Race 5 together, since that was a good show and I love Colin and Christie still.
Colin and Christie were such an amazing aggressive team that you loved to root against.
Shame they never came back for an All-Stars season.

Amazing Race 5 is one of my all-time fave installments of TAR. Love me some Bowling Moms.

Ugh, Frankie is convinced that America hates Christine because she was saying bad things about Frankie. I can not wait to see the look on his face when he gets booed.

I really hope he does too. Of anyone in the house this season deserved to get booed it's him. I really wish they would have shown what a piece of shit he was after he "came out" about his famous sister. I really hate how he thinks this season revolves around him and his piece of shit sister. #FuckTheGrandes

UberTag

I watch Survivor and BB almost religiously even when they are bad but I never watched Amazing Race.
You should watch the first Amazing Race season that Boston Rob & Amber starred in (Season 7).
Loved seeing him introduce Survivor psychology to the race dynamics.

TheYanger

Colin and Christie were such an amazing aggressive team that you loved to root against.
Shame they never came back for an All-Stars season.

Amazing Race 5 is one of my all-time fave installments of TAR. Love me some Bowling Moms.

Yup. I really loved them, hated them for half of the season and the sort of 'wife beater' edit they gave Colin at first, but the reality is they're just both EXTREMELY competetive people and were totally able to handle the shit they did to each other, which makes them totally fine. At the end of the day, I really wish they had been on all stars (I think they weren't due to her being pregnant? it's been a long time) simply because I firmly believe they're one of the 2 or 3 best teams to ever play, alpha, strong, determined, and actually quite intelligent.

cacophony

BBAU starts in 4 days. Last season was great and actually had the best possible winner.

It does get a bit boring though because there is essentially 0 strategy as AU votes. The format is way different from the US and the interaction between the HGs and the house actually adds to the show.

Jigorath

Banned
Derrick is going to end up as the most boring winner in the history of this show. He's playing a good game but this is just such a stupid cast. And I almost felt bad for Christine tonight. Almost.

Looking forward to bbau, just compare Tahan and Victoria. No contest for entertainment and beauty. Im so proud of BBGaf for seeing what that reset button is for. This is the last safety net to ensure frankie gets to final four...he can then play hoh back to back, final 3

Derrick is going to end up as the most boring winner in the history of this show. He's playing a good game but this is just such a stupid cast. And I almost felt bad for Christine tonight. Almost.

I think he's playing better than a "good" game. He's basically played a flawless game since day one. He's still never been on the block and has nobody currently targeting him in the house.

kendrid

Banned
I preferred the Amazing race back when the winning team was a thousand miles away from the next team. For a while now they bunch them up to make for 'exciting' shows.

CBS has contractual obligations with the Grande family to uphold

Proof? Yes BB is heavily influenced by production but contractual obligations?

Just saw that Frankie is talking about throwing tonight's HoH so he can play next week. Little does he know that's he the target. Like he really has no idea and he'll be shocked if he gets voted out. He's convinced the other three guys plan to go to the final four with him.

UberTag

Just saw that Frankie is talking about throwing tonight's HoH so he can play next week. Little does he know that's he the target. Like he really has no idea and he'll be shocked if he gets voted out. He's convinced the other three guys plan to go to the final four with him.
Good thing that big golden glitter button is there to parachute him to safety.
It's almost like Frankie is playing "a role". Hmmm... <scratches chin>

cacophony

Looking forward to bbau, just compare Tahan and Victoria. No contest for entertainment and beauty. Im so proud of BBGaf for seeing what that reset button is for. This is the last safety net to ensure frankie gets to final four...he can then play hoh back to back, final 3

Tahan is the hottest BB contestant of any season any country imo

its crazy how much better the house is than the US version, the backyard is bigger than the entire BBUS house : http://content5.catalog.video.msn.com/e2/ds/35c29687-ec59-452d-9708-7bfd55c3d7f4.mp4

0.jpg

shut the front gate, hottest BB housemate ever. Loved her personality too.

beauty and the beast

Beamly-BB16-Victoria.jpg

NYR

Here are some details from someone in the live audience - I stand corrected, you ARE allowed to boo.

Ok so I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of how the production works because the last post about a taping did such a good job. I work on the CBS lot and walk by the BB stage every day so I'm glad I finally got to go to a taping this season.

So first off, we all expected Nicole to get voted off, so it wasn't too much of a heartbreaker, but she is definitely a fan favorite, the crowd loved her. Also, damn...she is gorgeous.

Then the HOH comp. After question 1 when Derrick was the only one who chose False, you could hear everyone holding their breath. People didn't necessarily seem happy or sad that he won HOH, but everyone just wanted Frankie to end up on the block.

Nominations come around and Christine and Victoria are up. Everyone in the audience is on the same page that the plan is/should be to backdoor Frankie.

Veto competition happens and every time Frankie makes it to the next maze first, the audience is audibly disappointed. People were NOT happy that he won, but they make you clap.
I asked my friend that I was with if he thought people would boo Christine and he said no because people don't hate her THAT much. Boy were we wrong. Everyone around us was booing and honestly, even though I don't like Christine and even though her flirting with Cody constantly is pretty disgusting, I still felt kind of bad for the girl. She had NO idea she would be the one walking out the door. I did not boo, I just clapped politely. She didn't react to the booing at all but you could tell it weighed on her a lot, along with thinking you were safe and then ending up outside talking to Julie.

And just to clarify, just like when I went to a taping last year, they tell you to "react any way you want" when the evicted houseguest comes out. The guy did mention briefly that it was a huge issue after everyone booed Aaryn because someone claimed they were told to boo and lawyers had to get involved and the thing they settled on is that it's ok to tell everyone to react how they want to react, but not encourage cheers or boos.

Right before Christine got evicted during the break the guy was asking some questions about Christine and one guy said "I have 4 daughters. Christine needs to GO!" That was when I realized people were probably going to boo her.

Also, before the show started they brought 5 guys up on stage and made them dance but when he was interviewing them about who they were and who they came with one guy accidentally called his girlfriend his wife and he was SO embarrassed. Felt bad for him too. That guy and Christine both wound up in painfully awkward situations tonight.

Edit: Christine also looked pretty bummed that she was going to miss Jeff and Jordan

http://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/...to_the_double_eviction_taping_tonight/ck9llyh

Ganhyun

I knew people did not like her for how she flirted with Cody and stuff but damn I didn't realize they went after her that bad at the set. I didn't watch tonight because I just had a feeling they'd make sure Frankie was safe somehow.

Red Comet

I much as I disliked Christine, especially for the way she talked about Donny, I thought the booing was a little much. If people are mad about the cuddling or whatever then I would blame Cody as well. I think somebody like Frankie, who is an arrogant narcissist is more deserving.

IKizzLE

Damn....people were that mad??! I'll admit, it was uncomfortable watching her on Cody 24/7 and I laughed when when she was first getting boo'ed but the only people who should have a right of feeling absolutely disrespected on national television should be her husband and her parents.

Velcro Fly

If Christine got booed off the stage, what is Frankie's reaction going to be? There will be no Boo-urnsing either. He's going to get torn apart by the fans after this is over.

cacophony

lol this backfired in the 2nd worst possible way for production bc now he cant play next week

the worst would obviously be him nommed and no one push the button but that would have never happened

Dinosur

Derrick is trying so hard to explain to these five year olds Caleb and Cody that the button is going to be something bad.

Caleb thinks it's going to be like The Rock comes in and says they get to be in his next movie and refuses to acknowledge it's anything negative.

edit: Lol. Caleb just threw out what it actually does while listing things it wouldn't be.

Red Comet

Well considering that Frankie won HOH, I'm really glad they pushed the button. Wednesday's show might actually be good. ( who am I kidding? Victoria is going home either way)

So when do they redo everything? All on Wednesday? So the nominations and ceremony are going to be pointless? What was the reasoning for all of them pushing it? Does this mean Derrick doesn't get to play again?

Dinosur

So when do they redo everything? All on Wednesday? So the nominations and ceremony are going to be pointless? What was the reasoning for all of them pushing it? Does this mean Derrick doesn't get to play again?

Yeah, looks like it'll all go down on the live show Wednesday. They're talking about a countdown timer that's going down to Wednesday at 5pm.

edit: Lol. Frankie already trying to convince people to do a slop diet this week to lose weight and it has nothing to do with Team America.

Also, they all pushed the button together? Can they do anything by themselves? Lol.
I'm gonna love Frankie's face when he realizes he's not going to be HoH anymore.

Yeah, looks like it'll all go down on the live show Wednesday. They're talking about a countdown timer that's going down to Wednesday at 5pm.
Just flashbacked to the button pressing. I'm guessing they don't really know what the button is. This could be great.

Red Comet

I just hope that Cody or Caleb have both the balls and the brains to put Frankie up during the live show if they win HOH. I hope Derrick gets to play as well, but I assume he doesn't.

Dinosur

Frankie already talking about using Skittles for his nominations because even with only 5 people in the house he still doesn't want blood on his hands.

It'll be Cody and Vic though, that's obviously who Derrick and Caleb are pushing for.

edit: According to the internet, that "TMZ" post about Christine is completely fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom