• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigorath

Banned
CBS better not rob me of the chance to see Frankie booed on live TV. Seeing his face once he realizes how everybody hates him is about the only thing keeping me going this season.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So let me guess; Frankie goes up on the block, but the rewind button is hit, which takes him off and he winds up as HoH. If that winds up happening I'm done with this season.

Anyways I enjoyed seeing Christine getting booed, as she deserved it. I feel bad for her husband who must feel so uncomfortable watching the show and seeing not only his wife getting touchy feely with another housemate, but the other housemates chiming in about it.

I doubt Frankie will get booed if he's somehow voted off. I'm guessing a lot of people like him because of his sister.

I'm sorry but this is horseshit. They never explain pandora boxes and twists like this. It could easily and just as likely to work the other way and kick out Frankie as HoH. Your theory is pure conjecture to think the show is fixed. The last episode proved they are not giving him a clean edit.

There's no rationalizing with those who are determined to believe that this show is rigged, and rigged in favor of Frankie. The same thing happened last year with Amanda...until she was evicted, of course.

The only thing more tiresome this season than Frankie himself is the constant bashing and conspiracy theories surrounding him from the online crowd. We've moved into full-on irrational nonsense territory at this point.

Agnt

So let me guess; Frankie goes up on the block, but the rewind button is hit, which takes him off and he winds up as HoH. If that winds up happening I'm done with this season.

Anyways I enjoyed seeing Christine getting booed, as she deserved it. I feel bad for her husband who must feel so uncomfortable watching the show and seeing not only his wife getting touchy feely with another housemate, but the other housemates chiming in about it.

I doubt Frankie will get booed if he's somehow voted off. I'm guessing a lot of people like him because of his sister.

He won HOH, and hit the button lol

I think I'm gonna have a new avatar Wednesday when Frankie realizes what that button means.

Apparently Derrick got a picture with some cop memorabilia or something in his HOH basket. Anyone catch that? If it's true, why would his family send something like that?

Jigorath

Banned
Did he even think twice before pushing the button? You're HOH, and in a great position, why rock the boat? He must have been 100% sure that production was rigging it for him. Whatever, I'm sure Grodner is pissed.

That booing was some gross-ass 18th century nonsense.

I mean, what she did was hell of lame, but come on. Cody better get booed to next year too but I doubt he will. So lame.

E92 M3

I mean, what she did was hell of lame, but come on. Cody better get booed to next year too but I doubt he will. So lame.

She came into the house saying she was married and wanted to sleep with a girl...flash forward she is sitting on his lap, rubbing him, cuddling, calling him hot, and basically insulting her husband/family. If that was my wife, the divorce would be initiated before she came home with lawyers ready.

She came into the house saying she was married and wanted to sleep with a girl...flash forward she is sitting on his lap, rubbing him, cuddling, calling him hot, and basically insulting her husband/family. If that was my wife, the divorce would be initiated before she came home with lawyers ready.

So, you're saying you'd handle it personally, not hire forty people to follow her around and yell at her.

He won't get booed. Neither will Caleb.

Why would Cody and Caleb get booed?

Cody isn't married and didn't sleep with her, and Caleb may be naive, but he didn't do anything either.

Christine I understand. They show her church and baptism on the show. She announces that she is married, and then proceeds, even after being called out for it repeatedly, to fondle and flirt with Cody.

Frankie I can also understand, but that's mostly because he is a self-absorbed pompous prick with an overly fake flamboyant youtube persona that just annoys the shit out of probably everyone in the house, but certainly most people watching the show. He needs to realize that he is not the celebrity, and get knocked off his imaginary high-horse.
I wish they booted him the moment he made his reveal. Schools in Africa. Haiti. or whereever will just need to come out of his family's (aka Ariana's) personal rising fortune.

Jasper

Wait....

Considering they pressed the button, wouldn't that mean that Frankie will be dethroned as HOH but will still be able to play the next HOH, because the whole point of pressing the button was REWINDING through Frankie's HOH current win like it never happened.

Therefore when this new twist is revealed next week, wouldn't it mean Derrick would not be able to play HOH, (and Frankie will still be able to compete)?

Dinosur

Did he even think twice before pushing the button? You're HOH, and in a great position, why rock the boat? He must have been 100% sure that production was rigging it for him. Whatever, I'm sure Grodner is pissed.

Any of them could push it, not just the HoH. So they all pushed at the same time.

Frankie said it was BB and you had to push the button or all the viewers and production would hate you.

Wait....

Considering they pressed the button, wouldn't that mean that Frankie will be dethroned as HOH but will still be able to play the next HOH, because the whole point of pressing the button was REWINDING through Frankie's HOH current win like it never happened.

Therefore when this new twist is revealed next week, wouldn't it mean Derrick would not be able to play HOH, (and Frankie will still be able to compete)?

Correct. It's completely plausible that Frankie could end up as HoH again. Hell, probably pretty likely. Stalker Beast Mode is what, like 3 for 20 in comps and Cody is like 2.

Wait....

That's what I'm thinking. It's still a high chance that Frankie can win again if that is the case because he's won most of the comps he's been in.

GameE

I have been reading this thread since the beginning of the season, just had to say how disappointing it has been for me so far. I thought about dropping the show a few times but might as well stick with it now. For the love of god dont let Frankie win.

Dinosur

Come on old RB bro, that is just a downright ridiculous statement. 18th century nonsense? She got booed by a couple people on TV, not tar and feathered, leech therapy'ed, and burned at the stake.

Like someone said on the last past, treat it like a sporting event.

E92 M3

So, you're saying you'd handle it personally, not hire forty people to follow her around and yell at her.

I say she deserves the booing for the embarrassment it caused the husband and family. No one paid the audience to boo her. And her saying Tim was hot at the eviction sounded so fake. Arynn didn't get enough booing.

Come on old RB bro, that is just a downright ridiculous statement. 18th century nonsense? She got booed by a couple people on TV, not tar and feathered, leech therapy'ed, and burned at the stake.

Like someone said on the last past, treat it like a sporting event.

Obvs, but the mentality behind it was still archaic as hell.

I say she deserves the booing for the embarrassment it caused the husband and family. No one paid the audience to boo her. And her saying Tim was hot at the eviction sounded so fake. Arynn didn't get enough booing.

Obvs, no one paid the audience. I was just finding an equivalent to your scenario.

She did messed up shit, but just because it was on TV doesn't make the moral judgement of it an audience's business. If I was alone in this thinking I might wonder if I'm just overreacting, but nah:
https://twitter.com/TVMcGee/status/507710620989685760

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Her husband and family agreed to appear on the show. If they were truly embarrassed by it all they could have declined. Tim even laughed it all off and joked about it, I see no reason why I should get furious for him.

GM said quite possibly the worst thing that's ever aired on the show, and I don't remember her getting any boos at all.

Dinosur

I think it's more...

Should she have gotten booed that much? Maybe not.

Should the audience be allowed to boo? Yes.

It definitely took me by surprise because as was mentioned 50 times already, it wasn't even close to what shitstain Aaryn got. But at this point, the audience should boo every person coming out of that house for making such a poopy season. To bring back the sports metaphor, they're there for our entertainment. It trumps their paycheck.

Why would Cody and Caleb get booed?

Cody isn't married and didn't sleep with her, and Caleb may be naive, but he didn't do anything either.

Christine I understand. They show her church and baptism on the show. She announces that she is married, and then proceeds, even after being called out for it repeatedly, to fondle and flirt with Cody.

Frankie I can also understand, but that's mostly because he is a self-absorbed pompous prick with an overly fake flamboyant youtube persona that just annoys the shit out of probably everyone in the house, but certainly most people watching the show. He needs to realize that he is not the celebrity, and get knocked off his imaginary high-horse.
I wish they booted him the moment he made his reveal. Schools in Africa. Haiti. or whereever will just need to come out of his family's (aka Ariana's) personal rising fortune.

I'm fairly certain he said some racist things about Obama on his instagram

Tik-Tok

Her husband and family agreed to appear on the show. If they were truly embarrassed by it all they could have declined. Tim even laughed it all off and joked about it, I see no reason why I should get furious for him.

GM said quite possibly the worst thing that's ever aired on the show, and I don't remember her getting any boos at all.

They may have signed a contract before the show started. In fact I would bet on it.

E92 M3

Obvs, but the mentality behind it was still archaic as hell.

Obvs, no one paid the audience. I was just finding an equivalent to your scenario.

She did messed up shit, but just because it was on TV doesn't make the moral judgement of it an audience's business. If I was alone in this thinking I might wonder if I'm just overreacting, but nah:

I don't know who McGee is, but I don't think Cody will get booed. I'm sure Tim and family put on an act for the show, but are probably furious. I don't know about their personal relationships, but maybe he's a cuckold or something. Either way, such disrespectful cheating infuriates me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wonder if we swapped the genders if a man would have gotten booed. I'm honestly not sure. I think a big aspect of it was that Tim was so vocal about it.

Dinosur

I wonder if we swapped the genders if a man would have gotten booed. I'm honestly not sure. I think a big aspect of it was that Tim was so vocal about it.

If a married guy was rubbing around on a single girl all summer and CBS had a segment with his wife being all sad, you can bet your butt he'd get booed coming out of the house.

The only sexist difference I could see would come from Grodner's perspective. I could see her giving the dude more DR moments to plead that he's only doing it for game reasons. She pretty much just threw Christine to the wolves and even that one DR session seemed more like a last ditch effort than something real.

I don't know who McGee is, but I don't think Cody will get booed. I'm sure Tim and family put on an act for the show, but are probably furious. I don't know about their personal relationships, but maybe he's a cuckold or something. Either way, such disrespectful cheating infuriates me.

That's fine, and it was really thoughtless and weak of her to do that, if you ask me personally, but externalizing it en masse is, in my opinion, gross and off putting. It also felt at the moment to me, since Cody wasn't there, pretty sexist.

Yado

I don't think the boos were about all Cody tbh, Christine said and took pleasure in a lot of things just for the sake of being mean. She's an unlikable bitch and she had the boos coming.

Kifimbo

I don't think the boos were about all Cody tbh, Christine said and took pleasure in a lot of things just for the sake of being mean. She's an unlikable bitch and she had the boos coming.

And, 20 minutes before, Nicole (who is a fan favorite), just said she wanted Christine or Cody out to that same audience.

And, 20 minutes before, Nicole (who is a fan favorite), just said she wanted Christine or Cody out to that same audience.

I can see that.

Frankie will be doubly shocked to learn he is hated and Zach is loved.

Hope he'll get booed, but I bet he won't.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/05/big-brother-julie-chen-chistine-boos/

We heard Christine get some pretty prominent boos from the studio audience after she was voted out. What do you think that was about? Was that about her being so cuddly with Cody? Her repeatedly betraying Nicole? Something else? What’s your take?

JULIE: I think the boos were in part: no one likes to see a woman making a fool of her husband. It doesn’t matter that we don’t even know him. I mean, he looked nice enough. But more than that, she double-crossed her “friend” Nicole…who is decent, forthright and trusting. And for what? For the sake of those men who betrayed her.

Frankie seems to have a personal comment to make to you every time he casts his vote in the diary room. What’s your view on that: harmless fun that you enjoy? Unnecessary grandstanding that you tolerate? Or perhaps a bit of both?

JULIE: Frankie’s comments feel real and genuine. Or maybe that’s just my ego talking. I have to admit I get a kick out of it because he does it in such an adorable way. He acts like he’s meeting a big star and it’s flattering. What can I tell you? Chenbot is a sucker for a nice compliment. I am human after all….????
There is nothing adorable about Frankie. Julie, stop that nonsense.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

So you and one other guy thought it was in bad taste for some audience members to boo a married woman who constantly flirted and was touchy feely with another house guest.

I feel bad for her poor husband. Especially considering his friends and family have probably been following this season.

Dinosur

Hope he'll get booed, but I bet he won't.

Unless the studio handlers crack down on it, I could actually see last night starting a new trend where anyone even remotely unlikable gets a few prominent boos. It's kind of like the people yelling over the wall, it's just something to "brag" on the internet that you did.

It might take until next season to really catch on though because I don't think anyone gives a shit about anyone left in the house. Although I'd pay money for the audience to be absolutely silent if Victoria ever leaves and pretend she's not even there.

Yes, I'm sure she's pissed that one of the few possible outcomes of the twist she approved was actually the outcome.

kirblar

If the genders were reversed, male Christine would have been booed as well. It's a terrible thing to do to the spouse on the outside, no matter the genders involved.

I think the reset button was just to insure frankie stayed in the house anotjer week no matter what. We only have a few weeks left till the finale and the longer he is on the show, the longer they can talk about his sister. He got her cd again in his hoh basket. Guaranteed it is put in the episode.

The reset button could possibly get people to turn on each other and I really hope that happens. I wonder when they figure out that the show has moved to Tues/Wed.

Lev

So glad to see Nicole out. I was just getting tired of hearing her whine the whole time since she got back into the house. Instead of trying to find ways to break up the boys alliance, she just kept crying about how isolate and alone she felt in the house. Her social game was as bad as Donny's was, and she didn't have the same barriers to hold back her social game as did Donny.

cacophony

Christine was one of the worst HGs of all time and spent 90% of her time hugging COdy, she deserved to get boo'd. It just seems brutal because it rarely happens in the us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom