• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

lol fuck frankie, even when he isn't in the house anymore he is a fucking asshole on the show.
Dude has to be true to himself. It's not like he can pretend to be a good person or anything. That would require some semblance of acting talent.

beasty

I find it hilarious that Cody and Derrick are telling each other to jump off right now. I dont see Victoria beating them in any competitions.

Lev

I really hope that Victoria doesn't get voted to go to the finale. I'm tired of seeing unanimous voting. No way the jury will vote Victoria to win BB when she had a free ride to the end of the game. She didn't even really have a social game at all and she didn't win any HOH or veto competitions. She's worst than Adam in Season 13 because at least he won one HOH competition and when it mattered. Utterly, completely a pawn to the fullest extent of its definition.

Velcro Fly

Derrick basically gets another crack at Cody to guarantee himself 500k.

I know him and Cody are close but man I'm not sure I'd trust him to take me.

Parch

Utterly, completely a pawn to the fullest extent of its definition.
Other players have deliberately used the floater strategy and thrown comps to go far. I don't think Victoria is even aware of a floater strategy.

It is a pretty big flaw in the game. An undeserving player wins money, while 3rd place is often one of the best players in the game that just couldn't win that final comp.

Parch

I know him and Cody are close but man I'm not sure I'd trust him to take me.
How effective has Derrick convinced Cody that he would win if they were final 2? If Cody has a fraction of a clue, he would realize that he would easily beat Victoria, and only maybe beat Derrick.
Cody didn't hesitate evicting Caleb and not buying the loyalty spiel, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he took Victoria. Dumbest player in the game if he doesn't.

PSGames

Cody states that he and Derrick have been completely loyal and honest with each other from the beginning but did Derrick tell him that the whole fight with Victoria was a ruse?

I have a feeling Derrick might betray Cody in the end. Or at least I hope.

Velcro Fly

I've never liked how the final HOH someone can lose a part and still come back and win while the winner of part 1 is always out if they lose part 3.

I think a more fair way to do it is have all three compete in the first two parts and then let the winners fight it out for part three. If the same person wins the first two parts it's over. That way the two that don't win HOH have to lose twice and the eventual winner still has to win two parts.

Dinosur

Anyone else get the feeling they aren't going to do jury questions this season? Julie just seems to be so purposely vague when describing the finale that it almost seems like there won't be any time for that.

Then again, I can't really remember the last time a BB finale actually matter so maybe who cares.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else get the feeling they aren't going to do jury questions this season? Julie just seems to be so purposely vague when describing the finale that it almost seems like there won't be any time for that.

Then again, I can't really remember the last time a BB finale actually matter so maybe who cares.

Can they fit in jury questions before Ariana Grande's surprise musical performance?

Lev

Other players have deliberately used the floater strategy and thrown comps to go far. I don't think Victoria is even aware of a floater strategy.

It is a pretty big flaw in the game. An undeserving player wins money, while 3rd place is often one of the best players in the game that just couldn't win that final comp.

Yeah, I am not too much of a fan of the floater strategy, but I can respect it at least. It might be easy in the way that you don't have to win any competitions to implement that strategy, however at the same time it isn't that easy when you consider that it requires for you to have complete faith in your allies, which is not a smart move to make in this game. You should never rely your game on someone else unless it is the only way you can play the game. I think though that this strategy would be more interesting if you could make big moves when you finally have the opportunity, as a floater. Unfortunately that never has been the case in any of the BB seasons I have watched, because the floaters always end up being too loyal to their team. It's sad to watch because they seem to never realize that by being a floater they become the most expendable player in their alliance, because everyone else in their alliance who has pulled their weight won't feel bad to see the floater go home first.

Also, I like the fact in BB that you can win at the end for many reasons. The game would be boring if you can only win because you are a "competition beast".

Caleb shutting down Frankie was glorious. But Caleb is as delusional, so pot meet kettle.

I want Victoria to win. It's unlikely, but I want her to win. If she wins the leftover comps it might be possible. Staying out of all the drama is difficult to do. She's won competitions until she realized she no longer needed to. She approached Derrick to make an alliance, and ensured she did nothing to make Derrick want to leave her. If she made waves, Derrick would have to pick between her and his alliance. She became invisible while being nominated 9 times. Usually people who stop winning things are evicted anyway because they are a part of drama. Usually the pawn goes home. But not Victoria. She was as carried as Cody was.

Derrick did manipulate people, which is great, but I'm not as amazed by him as everyone seems to be. He played with a house full of idiots.

Dinosur

I want Victoria to win. It's unlikely, but I want her to win. If she wins the leftover comps it might be possible. Staying out of all the drama is difficult to do. She's won competitions until she realized she no longer needed to. She approached Derrick to make an alliance, and ensured she did nothing to make Derrick want to leave her. If she made waves, Derrick would have to pick between her and his alliance. She became invisible while being nominated 9 times. Usually people who stop winning things are evicted anyway because they are a part of drama. Usually the pawn goes home. But not Victoria. She was as carried as Cody was.

Derrick did manipulate people, which is great, but I'm not as amazed by him as everyone seems to be. He played with a house full of idiots.

What the what?

Victoria did not win any competitions other than a couple BotB's where the other person carried her and the one PoV because dipshit Caleb took money instead of the veto. When even Jocasta is calling you out for sucking at comps, you have a huge problem.

As to your other point, I honestly cannot decide if Victoria was the ultimate embodiment of a "pawn" or something that even transcends the concept. She didn't stay out of drama because she's playing a game, she is just fully entrenched in a mental and emotional bubble. This force is so powerful, not even being on a reality show for 90+ days was able to make a crack. I think the only time she ever showed some spunk was when she went all delusional crazy towards Zach for a couple days in the middle.

She escaped the "pawn goes home" trope because she was absolutely so worthless as a game player that NINE of these evictions were figuratively ONE person on the block. You can blame this season's ridiculous unanimous voting structure on two things, the BotB twist and Victoria.

I'm disgusted at myself for even saying it because it's so stupid, but if I was in Derrick's position, I would take Cody to the finals. I'd rather lose $450k than watch her get rewarded $50k for being the most worthless person to ever grace my television.

I'll try and end with at least some kind of positive comment for Victoria. It is impressive she is still in the house. She was 100% obviously cast to be the first evictee. Thanks to the BotB "twist" though, her inadequacy as a person actually made her valuable to the giant alliance already in the house.

What the what?

Victoria did not win any competitions other than a couple BotB's where the other person carried her and the one PoV because dipshit Caleb took money instead of the veto. When even Jocasta is calling you out for sucking at comps, you have a huge problem.

As to your other point, I honestly cannot decide if Victoria was the ultimate embodiment of a "pawn" or something that even transcends the concept. She didn't stay out of drama because she's playing a game, she is just fully entrenched in a mental and emotional bubble. This force is so powerful, not even being on a reality show for 90+ days was able to make a crack. I think the only time she ever showed some spunk was when she went all delusional crazy towards Zach for a couple days in the middle.

She escaped the "pawn goes home" trope because she was absolutely so worthless as a game player that NINE of these evictions were figuratively ONE person on the block. You can blame this season's ridiculous unanimous voting structure on two things, the BotB twist and Victoria.

I'm disgusted at myself for even saying it because it's so stupid, but if I was in Derrick's position, I would take Cody to the finals. I'd rather lose $450k than watch her get rewarded $50k for being the most worthless person to ever grace my television.

I'll try and end with at least some kind of positive comment for Victoria. It is impressive she is still in the house. She was 100% obviously cast to be the first evictee. Thanks to the BotB "twist" though, her inadequacy as a person actually made her valuable to the giant alliance already in the house.

That cut from everyone studying the wall to her studying the ingredients on the pita bag is maybe the best moment in television since the last shot of Deadwood's "Here Was A Man".

Lev

I'm thinking about applying for next season. Should I or is it just a lost cause?

If you have the time to play I think you should go for it! You have nothing to lose plus it would be awesome to see a Gaf member on there.

Caleb shutting down Frankie was glorious. But Caleb is as delusional, so pot meet kettle.

Yeah, Caleb played the game too clean. He stuck with his moral principles which cost him his chance to make it to the final 3. Even his parents think that he made a bad choice by getting rid of Frankie, who he could have used as an ally against Derrick/Cody in case if they would try to backdoor him? Nope. He just thinks about silly ideas like about having the most competitive final 3 possible in BB history, which any other player wouldn't want to happen because they want to win that half a million dollars! Caleb is a competition beast but his strategy game is weak.

It would be hilarious to see Victoria to win but I surely doubt she would win. Sounds like most of the jury from their eviction interviews and interviews with Jeff, will vote based on whoever they thought played the best game. Victoria didn't win anything besides a few BOB and she didn't really play much of a social game at all. It was like she was on vacation at the BB house, rather than playing the game. Compare that to if Derrick/Cody took Donny to the finale, Donny would have a real chance at winning instead. He was on the block 6 times straight and took himself off the block many times. He didn't have an alliance with ANYONE and yet he made it so far in the game. Now that is impressive.

I agree. Derrick could of had Nicole/Hayden or Frankie challenge him, but he took them out preemptively before they could strike at him. This season has been too easy for Derrick. :/

Yeah, the only time I can think of Victoria being on the block and believing she would have been the one to go home was Frankie's HoH at Final Five, which was undone by the rewind. If no rewind, then the four boys move on.

kirblar

They should do 3 Noms, mandatory usage of the Veto (everyone plays) w/ no replacement and throw in an F3 to go along with the gimmick next season.

Won't happen, though.

Parch

Cody states that he and Derrick have been completely loyal and honest with each other from the beginning but did Derrick tell him that the whole fight with Victoria was a ruse?

I have a feeling Derrick might betray Cody in the end. Or at least I hope.
You mean how they were loyal and honest with the other guys about being final 3 and final 4? They've been using the Victoria pawn and backstabbing alliance members for over a month now. If they were loyal and honest she would have been gone long ago.

Both Derrick and Cody taking Victoria to the final is just par for the course. That's what they've been doing all along, so I don't expect them to suddenly be loyal and honest now. Especially when the top prize is there for the taking.

What the what?

I think this season has been one of the least interesting ones, and seeing a "floater" get so far makes you start to question the concept entirely. Is it a valid strategy? Does anyone who makes it to F2 deserve it, regardless of how they got there? We hear so much about how winning comps is not criteria for winning the title. Nor is a pure social game. It's how you navigate all of the challenge and drama. It's just sort of polarizing to look at Victoria and where she is right now. If I were playing Big Brother and I saw this odd BoTB twist and all these crazy egos, would I ever consider to stay the hell out of everyone's way, make myself so unthreatening that my very existence is comfort and strategic foundation for others, and see what that does?

Her prescense in the house became an essential piece of everyone's strategy. They needed her and the status she achieved. They needed her 8 times, and they knew they could count on her each time. So many pawns crack under pressure, and the target shifts. This was not an option for Victoria.

I think that's sort of fascinating. By only making a few traditional, measurable game moves and ensuring she pissed no one off and had no real mental break in a house with strangers away from her family, she became essential in her "diposable" nature.

It's great. I want her to win.

This season has been too easy for Derrick. :/

Agreed. He's good, I wonder how good he'd be with a cast that actually understood how the game they were playing worked (seriously, we laugh about Victoria but half the house did not understand that they cannot choice the POV replacement themselves or know who OTEV was). Britney was found in a bar, Frankie was a result of a cross promotional deal between Arianna's manager who happens to be the man behind Scorpion, Caleb and Amber are models who want to be famous, etc.

Just give us fans of the show. The demographic is really wide.

Effnine

I could totally see Cody taking Victoria as well. I'm going to be pissed and amused at the same time if Victoria wins $50k by being the absolute worst player in the game.

What's going to be worse is seeing people try to emulate her "game" in future seasons so they can get that guaranteed money ...

TheYanger

What's going to be worse is seeing people try to emulate her "game" in future seasons so they can get that guaranteed money ...

You say that like the kinds of people that would play like her in future seasons will have actually ever watched the show besides the one they show them in sequester.

IceCold

I think this season has been one of the least interesting ones, and seeing a "floater" get so far makes you start to question the concept entirely. Is it a valid strategy? Does anyone who makes it to F2 deserve it, regardless of how they got there? We hear so much about how winning comps is not criteria for winning the title. Nor is a pure social game. It's how you navigate all of the challenge and drama. It's just sort of polarizing to look at Victoria and where she is right now. If I were playing Big Brother and I saw this odd BoTB twist and all these crazy egos, would I ever consider to stay the hell out of everyone's way, make myself so unthreatening that my very existence is comfort and strategic foundation for others, and see what that does?

Her prescense in the house became an essential piece of everyone's strategy. They needed her and the status she achieved. They needed her 8 times, and they knew they could count on her each time. So many pawns crack under pressure, and the target shifts. This was not an option for Victoria.

I think that's sort of fascinating. By only making a few traditional, measurable game moves and ensuring she pissed no one off and had no real mental break in a house with strangers away from her family, she became essential in her "diposable" nature.

It's great. I want her to win.

Agreed. He's good, I wonder how good he'd be with a cast that actually understood how the game they were playing worked (seriously, we laugh about Victoria but half the house did not understand that they cannot choice the POV replacement themselves or know who OTEV was). Britney was found in a bar, Frankie was a result of a cross promotional deal between Arianna's manager who happens to be the man behind Scorpion, Caleb and Amber are models who want to be famous, etc.

Just give us fans of the show. The demographic is really wide.

Victoria is not a floater. A floater is someone who 'floats' to where the power is (usually the HOH) . Victoria does none of that and her only 'alliance' is a phony one. I don't think she understands what Big Brother even is and is as useless as someone like Jen City or Kathy.

She was also never in control of her own destiny in the game. You don't hand 500K to someone like that.

Nuklear

Banned
Victoria is not a floater. A floater is someone who 'floats' to where the power is (usually the HOH) . Victoria does none of that and her only 'alliance' is a phony one. I don't think she understands what Big Brother even is and is as useless as someone like Jen City or Kathy.

She was also never in control of her own destiny in the game. You don't hand 500K to someone like that.

They handed Jordan 500k.

Jigorath

Banned

Right. Floaters WANT to look weak and go under the radar. They want to do everything they can to control the game from behind the scenes. Victoria did not make a conscious decision to float through. She's just terrible at every single aspect of the game. Floaters throw competitions to make themselves look weak. She just sucks at them. She has zero strategy, and barely any social relationships. Might even be the worst player to ever get to the Final 3.

They handed Jordan 500k.

Which is why she's considered the worst winner ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom