• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deTURMANed22

Neo Member
Caleb cannot have a single conversation without mentioning his obsession with Amber. Have they ever even talked?!

Edit: Also, are Hayden and Nicole in a showmance?

Chris R

I hope Nicole stays around a long time.

And what is the normal schedule like? Sun/Wed/Thur?

edit: omg the swing fails... Have these people ever used a swing before

Just saw the episode and man... Devin is such a hot piece of ass but is perhaps the worst game player ever. Doubt he will be on very long, what a shame. The episode itself was fun, I'm actually pleasantly surprised how much I'm enjoying this new twist. Also I'm surprised they're giving Caleb the nice guy edit, especially because of all the stuff I'm hearing about him on the feeds (haven't been keeping up myself). Is he really as stalkery as people say? If so, is there a video compilation about his creepy obsession?

UberTag

I hate the lack of spoiler tags this season, won't be posting much this season, peeps!
They did post warnings in the OP. Although, to be fair, they could have consulted people on which approach was preferred instead of making an arbitrary decision because black bars are so last year. That's totally a Devin move on RepairmanJack's part.

Incidentally, I really have to marvel at what Devin has managed in just a week...
- Started the Crazy 8s alliance, betrayed it
- Started the Double Ds alliance, betrayed it and lobbied to have Donny targeted because he tells jokes
- Brought into the Bomb Squad, betrayed it to arbitrarily bring in Amber & Christine because the 6-guy thing is played out
- Coaxed the existence of El Cuatro out of Joey and blew up her game because of the existence of a Day 1 all-girls alliance that no longer exists ('how dare they!')
- Has lined up Brittany to be next week's target because of her loyalty to Joey and how dare she be honest about people being intimidated by him
- Fought with Christine and made her cry "Sheets Gate"
- Fought with Brittany and made her cry "Lotion Gate"
- Cody effectively despises him because of how he berates Donny during the POV competition; the rest of the Bomb Squad thinks he's a lunatic
- Has threatened the rest of the Bomb Squad with outing their alliance if he is ever at risk of getting evicted - even if they're not the ones to backdoor him
- Played up his entire victim complex about how he's doing everything for the Bomb Squad and it's not fair to him ("he's not even that athletic, guys")
- Essentially forced Caleb's hand into exposing his alliance with him due to that "house vote" bullshit
- Has effectively alienated Amber from the rest of the Bomb Squad simply due to her loyal association to Devin-Caleb
- Still has Donny's loyalty despite attempting to screw him over repeatedly
- Has broken down and cried multiple times; prompting Frankie to talk him down from the ledge
- Has effectively admitted to his entire bio being a lie; he didn't quit baseball to be a single father and raise his newborn daughter; he got thrown out of baseball due to sucking and hasn't seen his daughter in 3 months because his ex-girlfriend no longer wants to be associated with him

What a piece of work this guy is. And that's saying something when he's most closely aligned to Caleb who is also a complete mess.

Nuklear

Banned
If you want a spoiler free thread you can always make one. That's the beauty of a forum. How many GoT threads are there? 3? 4?

cory64

Paola was a damn MESS in that comp.
Man, they didn't even sow the seeds of Caleb/Amber yet, they'll have a lot to cover on Wednesday.

They did post warnings in the OP. Although, to be fair, they could have consulted people on which approach was preferred instead of making an arbitrary decision because black bars are so last year. That's totally a Devin move on RepairmanJack's part.

Incidentally, I really have to marvel at what Devin has managed in just a week...
- Started the Crazy 8s alliance, betrayed it
- Started the Double Ds alliance, betrayed it and lobbied to have Donny targeted because he tells jokes
- Brought into the Bomb Squad, betrayed it to arbitrarily bring in Amber & Christine because the 6-guy thing is played out
- Coaxed the existence of El Cuatro out of Joey and blew up her game because of the existence of a Day 1 all-girls alliance that no longer exists ('how dare they!')
- Has lined up Brittany to be next week's target because of her loyalty to Joey and how dare she be honest about people being intimidated by him
- Fought with Christine and made her cry "Sheets Gate"
- Fought with Brittany and made her cry "Lotion Gate"
- Cody effectively despises him because of how he berates Donny during the POV competition; the rest of the Bomb Squad thinks he's a lunatic
- Played up his entire victim complex about how he's doing everything for the Bomb Squad and it's not fair to him ("he's not even that athletic, guys")
- Essentially forced Caleb's hand into exposing his alliance with him due to that "house vote" bullshit
- Has effectively alienated Amber from the rest of the Bomb Squad simply due to her loyal association to Devin-Caleb
- Still has Donny's loyalty despite attempting to screw him over repeatedly
- Has broken down and cried multiple times; prompting Frankie to talk him down from the ledge
- Has effectively admitted to his entire bio being a lie; he didn't quit baseball to be a single father and raise his newborn daughter; he got thrown out of baseball due to sucking and hasn't seen his daughter in 3 months because his ex-girlfriend no longer wants to be associated with him

What a piece of work this guy is. And that's saying something when he's most closely aligned to Caleb who is also a complete mess.

Woah. Thanks for the recap. Now I just feel bad for Devin. Hopefully he can go home in one piece.

UberTag

Paola was a damn MESS in that comp.
Pao Pao is an amazing disaster of a challenge competitor.
It's no wonder they plan to keep her around as an anchor each week to put on the block alongside the desired target.
Expect whomever draws a "1" after that HOH egg-cracking ceremony to pick Pao Pao each and every time. She's like an insta-win to preserve your HOH status for the week.

Woah. Thanks for the recap. Now I just feel bad for Devin. Hopefully he can go home in one piece.
And Devin had the audacity to break down in the HOH bathroom today because he's worried about his "edit".
Look at what he's done. You can't not edit that to not be a disaster. His actions speak for themselves.

Dinosur

Has effectively admitted to his entire bio being a lie; he didn't quit baseball to be a single father and raise his newborn daughter; he got thrown out of baseball due to sucking and hasn't seen his daughter in 3 months because his ex-girlfriend no longer wants to be associated with him.

Holy shit. Missed that part.

Caleb cannot have a single conversation without mentioning his obsession with Amber. Have they ever even talked?!

Now he's talking about how he's going to stalk her after the show and "bring her home to mom." And no, he still has not talked to her or told her of any of these plans.

It's so dumb to watch him talk, but I just cannot stop because I want to be there when he finally snaps.

NYR

Yep, I Wish there was a vote. Those of us who post daily in this thread (and have for years) want a convo, but sometimes, I don't want to be spoiled either but still check in on this thread for thoughts and opinions.

If you want a spoiler free thread you can always make one. That's the beauty of a forum. How many GoT threads are there? 3? 4?
GoT is arguably the most popular thing in entertainment right now. I doubt there is enough people who would be interested, unfortunately, as these threads usually have about 4 or 5 peeps who talk daily and a bunch who chat during the airings. Spoiler tags don't really take away much from the ones who want to talk spoilers, but take away from those who don't want to be spoiled. Just highlight and off you go, so easy to spoiler tag too, it's not like it is too much work not to highlight if you really want to know.

UberTag

I'll be much happier watching the feeds after Devin and Caleb are gone. Both are detestable to me.
They're detestable but I'd rather have people like that around to keep things interesting than have a bunch of boring people that are happy and having daily meditation sessions.
The feeds would have been AWFUL this weekend without Caleb and Devin, IMO. We need to have them around in the early game and then, once they're gone, hopefully Zach & Frankie can transition into full villain mode.

Dinosur

Devin jokingly calling production racist for taking his dip is kinda funny.

edit: This Rhinestone Silversmith shit is gold too.

Frankie is doing this hilarious bit on the feeds right now where he's playing some British guy taking a dump.
It's legit entertaining. Devin and Amber are cracking up.

Big Brother 16 Episode 3 Recap | LIVE after BB16 | June 29 2014

Worth watching only to hear Cesternino's hilarious Devin impression.

I was going to write a detailed post, but Rob does a great job going over how everything about the Bomb Squad's formation has been an absolute disaster of bad gameplay, even before Devin did whatever the fuck that was.

This is some serious middle school bullshit.

That is just plan pathetic, Ian has more game with the ladies than Caleb.

UberTag

The feeds might get good tonight. Just turned midnight Pacific and the houseguests got booze to celebrate Nicole's 22nd birthday.

946264e681c35bef76f2ca8102cb2e62a40da36d_r.jpg

Hoping for a drunken confession of love from Caleb to Amber courtesy of some liquid courage.

Caleb: "I heard through the grapevine that a date was mentioned when we get out of here"

Amber: *looking confused* "No"

I'm fucking dying here!!!

UberTag

The first three days of the feeds this year have eclipsed last year by a country mile.
Things really picked up yesterday when Joey blew up her game. They've been pretty solid ever since.

Tonight's episode was one of the best pre-feed recap eps I can recall. It helped that Devin is a spectacular disaster.

UberTag

Frankie has too much going on for week one
That's an understatement.

I would be more enthusiastic about the Smart Bombs if Christine brought something to the table besides agreeing with people and laughing.

Jocasta's reaction to tonight's events...

4b516f61c4bd782c8dee22d2d31853477e049516_r.jpg

Jocasta: Show me the look.
Amber: I LOOK AT EVERYBODY LIKE THAT!

679268d6c8c75b0f75925c8860f9afa39f65dc0a_r.jpg

Dinosur

Joey's master game plan is to give a good speech at the live eviction to convince people to let her stay. Goddamn, she really understands absolutely negative zero about this game.

Cody was singing Taylor Swift before Nicole's bday party last night so he moved up a couple spots in my book :p

Yep, I Wish there was a vote. Those of us who post daily in this thread (and have for years) want a convo, but sometimes, I don't want to be spoiled either but still check in on this thread for thoughts and opinions.

GoT is arguably the most popular thing in entertainment right now. I doubt there is enough people who would be interested, unfortunately, as these threads usually have about 4 or 5 peeps who talk daily and a bunch who chat during the airings. Spoiler tags don't really take away much from the ones who want to talk spoilers, but take away from those who don't want to be spoiled. Just highlight and off you go, so easy to spoiler tag too, it's not like it is too much work not to highlight if you really want to know.

Hey, my mistake for just making the decision and just throwing the thread up with the rule change, but it really wasn't like there was no discussion. There was quite a bit of discussion regarding spoilers throughout last season and it was overwhelmingly for getting rid of them. I was one of the ones actually defending spoilers thinking it wasn't that big of a deal, but decided to keep an eye on the thread and check back before the new season. Overall it just didn't seem like spoilers were needed. Of the 11k posts from last years thread 80% of them were made by 20 people and almost all of them being all spoilers. Looking at episode days it seemed like most of the posts were regarding the episode and most of the posters who didn't post throughout the week. So it seemed like the people who didn't want to see spoilers were mostly not seeing them because there was none on the days they were in the thread.

I'm all for having a discussion about it if there needs to be, but I didn't want it to seem like I just made the decision because I hated the spoilers. There was a quite a bit of discussion and it really just didn't seem like spoilers were needed.

Holmes

I kind of want Frankie/Zach to become a thing so that there will be a gay showmance...for the first time ever? Even if I don't really like either of them.

Trigger

I watched Caleb's confession to Amber on youtube, and I just feel sad for the guy. He really can't see how uninterested she is?

I just watched the Caleb/Amber vid; so much cringe. How was he feeling after that conversation? Was he crushed or did he take it positively? That "aw Caleb" that Amber said before leaving sounded like something that would crush his soul.

Dinosur

Devin is grilling Frankie about his family and the lies are getting worse and worse as it goes on. He couldn't figure out how to explain why his mom randomly moved to California.

cory64

Devin is grilling Frankie about his family and the lies are getting worse and worse as it goes on. He couldn't figure out how to explain why his mom randomly moved to California.

Oof this is cringey. Like Devin has any room to judge tho.

edit: the feeds are doubled up right now -_-

Dinosur

Oof this is cringey. Like Devin has any room to judge tho.

Yeah it was almost like he was a mission to catch someone lying about their real life. Right after Frankie left, he started grilling Nicole about nursing acronym questions.

In reality though, he's probably just bored and crazy in the head. I don't think he even listens when people talk to him.

Spent most of the morning watching last night's stuff. That was so cute/sad when Nicole freaked out about being left in the backyard with Hayden. And ohhhh boy at Caleb vs Amber. This show is gonna get good good within the next couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom