• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

GEx9zu9.jpg

Dinosur

That challenge was wack. Basically Devin had to win 4 times in a row to stay alive. Would have preferred if he had a legit chance to stay.

He did have a legit chance to stay if he wouldn't have just meat-headed his way through the comp. Like he said in the DR, he should have learned the strategy/thought process after his first time and had an advantage over the others. Instead, him and Caleb just acted like it was a comp on how many times they could flip the dice.

Choosing a competition challenger in BB is nothing new.

That challenge was wack. Basically Devin had to win 4 times in a row to stay alive. Would have preferred if he had a legit chance to stay.

Big Brother challenges have often used "select your competitor" mechanics - in physical competitions and in quiz competitions. It's an example of how the game, both Big Brother and the challenge at hand, are never just about brawn or wit. It's a social game as well.

Parch

he should have learned the strategy/thought process after his first time and had an advantage over the others. Instead, him and Caleb just acted like it was a comp on how many times they could flip the dice.
Choosing a competition challenger in BB is nothing new.
Forrest Gump already had 3 numbers figured out before entering the cube, so oldmanbeatdown trumped meathead.

A house target definitely is at a disadvantage in a challenger comp, but that's probably just the luck of comp scheduling. I don't doubt that challenges are all scheduled out well in advance, so I'm not a big believer in production manipulation via comps. There are other ways for production to effect the game.

beasty

I never knew they had a camera in the bathroom. Why? Thats kinda creepy, Those producers must have seen everyone pooping, peeing and fapping in that thing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Devin needs to go, but I'd love to see Caleb get the boot just for the fire works. That edit of him with Amber on the hammock last night was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. He's like one of those fedora guys in a jacked mans body. Get a hint dumbass.

I never knew they had a camera in the bathroom. Why? Thats kinda creepy, Those producers must have seen everyone pooping, peeing and fapping in that thing.
My first thought while watching the episode

Pretty sure it was after season 2 when someone washed the toilet with someones tooth brush. I thnk they've said it's never on or recorded unless more than one person is in there, or something along those lines. But who knows how valid that is.

Velcro Fly

Yeah I think the two person thing is right. Otherwise you could go in there and have convos with someone else and it would never show up anywhere.

Flunkie

Banned
I like the circles better. :) But that was my thoughts exactly - would have preferred if this was NOT a pick your competitor comp.

Velcro Fly

Derrick and Cody could get close to a couple more stable people that aren't actively blowing up their game daily and make it really far by virtue of everyone else being either bad at the game or just wholly disinterested.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Devin needs to go, but I'd love to see Caleb get the boot just for the fire works. That edit of him with Amber on the hammock last night was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. He's like one of those fedora guys in a jacked mans body. Get a hint dumbass.

It was downright creepy to see, and I can only imagine how uncomfortable Amber feels being stuck in the house with that idiot.
It wouldn't surprise me if Devin somehow manages to talk his way into staying in the house, and Caleb gets the boot tonight.

Parch

It wouldn't surprise me if Devin somehow manages to talk his way into staying in the house, and Caleb gets the boot tonight.
What are the feeds suggesting? If it was somebody else besides Devin, I'd believe it was a strong possibility that Caleb would get the boot. Devin created enough drama already, and is a strong competitor too. Survival would be surprising.

Caleb is just creepy. I can see him getting targeted soon enough, with a healthy dose of backstab.

UberTag

Derrick and Cody could get close to a couple more stable people that aren't actively blowing up their game daily and make it really far by virtue of everyone else being either bad at the game or just wholly disinterested.
Brittany has volunteered for this role but Derrick's ego and Cody's paranoia has largely prevented this from happening.

Devin is leaving tonight... either by a vote of 11-0 or 9-2.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Brittany has volunteered for this role but Derrick's ego and Cody's paranoia has largely prevented this from happening.

Devin is leaving tonight... either by a vote of 11-0 or 9-2.

150% she will be the reason they leave, but not because she's after them right now. Their doubt of her because she doesn't say hi sometimes is literally beyond stupid. Whenever they converse about her sometimes not talking to them, I'm amazed that two people could have so relatively few brain cells between them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It was downright creepy to see, and I can only imagine how uncomfortable Amber feels being stuck in the house with that idiot.
I was feeling incredibly uncomfortable just watching it, I don't know how she sat through it and kept a straight face. Dude is embarrassing himself on tv pretty badly right now, and all this "heroic cowboy" shit he's spewing is just making him look even more pathetic.

Nuklear

Banned
That Caleb stuff is hard to watch. She really needs to let him down the hard way and I firmly believe the house wouldn't hold it against her. He's a man he can take it.

kirblar

That Caleb stuff is hard to watch. She really needs to let him down the hard way and I firmly believe the house wouldn't hold it against her. He's a man he can take it.
It's not worth it. She just needs to use him as a meat shield, he's going to get himself killed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom