• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosur

Wait a minute, they no longer continue HOH comps on the live feeds? I remember last year (first year i purchased live feeds) that these HOH comps that would continue passed the show you could watch on the live feeds.

That's because no BB15 endurance comp lasted longer than five minutes after the live show ended.

Dinosur

Sounds like Brittany and Jocasta figured out how to run multiple eggs at one time so Derrick freaked out and told Frankie/Cody how to copy their technique.

Yado

Frankie and Cody won

tumblr_inline_n8vfkxGWFF1qbxvun.gif

UberTag

Sounds like Brittany and Jocasta figured out how to run multiple eggs at one time so Derrick freaked out and told Frankie/Cody how to copy their technique.
I'm sure Derrick continued to tell Brittany that he wasn't aligned with Frankie & Cody, though. And I'm sure she believed him.

Dammit. This is going to be a lame week.
CBS deserves a lame week. It'll be nice not having to spend time watching the feeds for the inevitable Jocasta / Brittany / Donny eviction.
Jocasta's judging grimaces will be the trademark for this season when it's over if things don't change fast.

They gunning for Caleb next? Cody despises the poor guy. lol
I think that's the plan. I'm sure they're going to do another backdoor attempt. I don't think they will put him up directly. Who knows with these geniuses? It'll probably be Donny going home. I'm hoping for some production interference.

UberTag

This season wouldn't seem so bad contrasted with BB15.
Unfortunately, BB Canada 2 happened and it's positively wretched compared to it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
This season wouldn't seem so bad contrasted with BB15.
Unfortunately, BB Canada 2 happened and it's positively wretched compared to it.

whaaaaaaat BB Canada 2 was horrendous. Nothing like the amazing season 1 that at least gave us Gary Glitter

BB16 is the first season I'm really enjoying since the season where my girl Rachel won. BB15 was such a racist, bigot mess, I stopped watching right after Elissa left. Glad I decided to give the show another shot this year.

BTW, since I don't come in this thread anymore to avoid spoilers for the show, can someone that has the live feeds clarify? Is the creepy, stalkerish way Caleb was edited tonight really accurate? I cannot stand Cody so I hate how they painted him as some "hero".
Before the season started I was completely against Caleb cuz of his Instagram rant a few years back (racist and bigoted language was used). But I've done a complete 180 on him where I'm actually rooting for him along with my 3 faves Zach, Donny and Derrick. If he was really a racist and a bigot, he would not love Amber and would NOT be so adorably affectionate with Frankie:

bb16-photo-booth-08-caleb-frankie.jpg

UberTag

Should I bother with BBCan season 1? I only want to see season 2 for more of this Ika person.
BB Canada 1 isn't really worth seeking out. I liked the set design of the house that season.
Not much else about that cast or how the game played out, though.
Might be worth it just to experience the Topaz blunder during the finale.

Seems like this week's consensus nominations are Brittany, Amber, Jocasta and Victoria.
Apparently Amber is a physical threat.

t-storm

For me, BB2CAN was terrible. I hated the casting, I just couldn't get into it and stopped watching after the first few weeks. Everyone was just so bland and forgettable. I hated the format, not having any evicted houseguest interview during the show (you had to watch the side show) and for some reason, they had problems containing everything to a one hour format-everything was always to be continued. They tried to do too many different things and I found it just didn't work.

By contrast, I loved the first season and casting.

Dinosur

BTW, since I don't come in this thread anymore to avoid spoilers for the show, can someone that has the live feeds clarify? Is the creepy, stalkerish way Caleb was edited tonight really accurate?

It's actually worse. As you can see, pretty much every night he steals one of her clothes and wears it on his head. Also, EVERY SINGLE conversation he had in the first two weeks always came back around to how he was going to marry Amber after the show is over. And let me clarify, he was dead fucking serious. It's not like the goofy Hayden/Nicole relationship. He's just a meathead who has never been told "no" in his small town life (or even understand the concept of it).

I'm actually kind of surprised no one has tried to confront it yet. Can't decide if they're scared of what he'd do or just shitty players who don't want to upset the "do nothing but pretend we're doing everything" dichotomy of the house.

I've seen some random blog posts from Amber's family members around the internet and they fucking hate Caleb and think he's a super creep.

BB Canada 1 isn't really worth seeking out. I liked the set design of the house that season.
Not much else about that cast or how the game played out, though.
Might be worth it just to experience the Topaz blunder during the finale.

Seems like this week's consensus nominations are Brittany, Amber, Jocasta and Victoria.

Worlds dumbest players my god

Dinosur

Wonder how they'll pair them up.

Brittany has already won with Victoria although I guess that doesn't really count since it was against Pao Pao. Brit + Amber would murder Jocasta + Vic in a comp. And Brit + Jocasta apparently did really well in the egg comp.

Long story short: Lovely Brittany isn't going anywhere this week. ...hopefully

Parch

For me, BB2CAN was terrible. I hated the casting, I just couldn't get into it and stopped watching after the first few weeks. Everyone was just so bland and forgettable.
By contrast, I loved the first season and casting.
I preferred season one as well. A lot more interesting people, but BBCAN 2 did have a lot of good players.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
short answer: yes
long answer: YES

!!!

It's actually worse. As you can see, pretty much every night he steals one of her clothes and wears it on his head. Also, EVERY SINGLE conversation he had in the first two weeks always came back around to how he was going to marry Amber after the show is over. And let me clarify, he was dead fucking serious. It's not like the goofy Hayden/Nicole relationship. He's just a meathead who has never been told "no" in his small town life (or even understand the concept of it).

I'm actually kind of surprised no one has tried to confront it yet. Can't decide if they're scared of what he'd do or just shitty players who don't want to upset the "do nothing but pretend we're doing everything" dichotomy of the house.

I've seen some random blog posts from Amber's family members around the internet and they fucking hate Caleb and think he's a super creep.

DOUBLE !!!

OMGGGGGG I'm gonna need to take my "180" comment I made about Caleb and make it a "360" then... That's beyond creepy and bizarre, like those men who don't take no for an answer. Dropping Caleb right now

iQs6hLkvpXZz8.gif

UberTag

I can actually understand why a lot of people who avoided the feeds would prefer BBCAN 1 to BBCAN 2.
There weren't too many highlights from BBCAN 2's shows apart from the Ika letter shredding.
I think the feeds were easily superior, though.

I don't judge the quality of a season based on its episodes so that probably skews my perceptions somewhat.

For instance, BB12 was unbearable to watch on the feeds but the episodes were pretty great thanks to the straightforward story of Brigade vs. Brenchel with Britney's DRs and the absence of Enzo eating.
I wouldn't call it a good season per se but a lot of folks who just watched the eps and not the feeds probably would.

UberTag

Likely Week 4 Nominations

Frankie - Nominates Amber & Brittany
Cody - Nominates Jocasta & Victoria

The intended target from either pair of nominees is highlighted in red.
A Donny backdoor play remains on the table in either instance should he fail to win POV.

The Detonators intend to evict one of those 3 houseguests next Thursday.

I really hate the Detonators. One of them is going to win too because this cast is truly the most pathetic I've seen in a Big Brother house.
Really the only appeal in watching right now is to marvel at how pathetic they all are - with Caleb as the centerpiece.

10b369077d4f005c635cbebc25d49f5ac37bae4b_r.png

UberTag

Derrick has a hard-on for getting Brittany out this week so he's pushing to have Cody nominate her alongside Victoria (essentially flipping the Jocasta nom over to Frankie).
This will be the storyline heading into when nominations are finalized tomorrow. The egg draw may ultimately decide things.

TheYanger

holy shit how many times did the word daughter get said during that episode? I feel like I needed a running tally.

I mean I know it's been a running joke the entire time but that felt especially bad. WTB a gif of walt from lost with Devin's face going MY DAUGHTER! MY GIRL! or some shit ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom