• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite | Official Spoiler Thread |

Melchiah

All this talk about people being amazed by the ending lead me to a question, wasn't the twist (Booker=Comstock, and Elizabeth being his daughter) pretty obvious long before that point? At least that's the way it was for me, when I started thinking what the twist could be. The original Bioshock's twist wasn't mindblowing for me either. Which is why I hope Levine bids farewell to the twists next time, as they tend to become quite predictable after a while, like with Shyamalan's movies.

That being said, I still loved the scene where he kills his other self, and where Elizabeths/Annas drown him. The latter evoked fond memories of Silent Hill 2's "In Water" ending. The return to Rapture, and the plenitude of beacons, were amazing as well.

On a side note, the first time I heard a song from the 80's through the rifts was absolutely hilarious, in a good sense. Particularly Girl Just Want to Have Fun. Unfortunately I missed their Columbia versions completely. I'm grateful OP listed them all.

Also, can someone tell me why the Twins/Elizabeth aren't affected by rapid aging like Comstock? What am I overlooking here?

Comstock uses the machine frequently to get predictions of the future. The twins probably didn't use it as much as he did.

Elizabeth is special, due to having existed in two different dimensions at once.

kurahador

All this talk about people being amazed by the ending lead me to a question, wasn't the twist (Booker=Comstock, and Elizabeth being his daughter) pretty obvious long before that point? At least that's the way it was for me, when I started thinking what the twist could be. The original Bioshock's twist wasn't mindblowing for me either. Which is why I hope Levine bids farewell to the twists next time, as they tend to become quite predictable after a while, like with Shyamalan's movies.

That's your problem.

I didn't expect there'll be a twist in both games and it blows me away.
The same can be said when I watch movies, I don't expect a twist and bother looking everywhere.

GRIP

That being said, I still loved the scene where he kills his other self, and where Elizabeths/Annas drown him. The latter evoked fond memories of Silent Hill 2's "In Water" ending. The return to Rapture, and the plenitude of beacons, were amazing as well.

On a side note, the first time I heard a song from the 80's through the rifts was absolutely hilarious, in a good sense. Particularly Girl Just Want to Have Fun. Unfortunately I missed their Columbia versions completely. I'm grateful OP listed them all.

I was just along for the ride and let the story unfold as it was presented. Didn't go into trying to find the inevitable twist. I didn't think for a second that Booker was Comstock until it was revealed and everything else that played out in the ending was an equal shock for me.

Melchiah

I was just along for the ride and let the story unfold as it was presented. Didn't go into trying to find the inevitable twist. I didn't think for a second that Booker was Comstock until it was revealed and everything else that played out in the ending was an equal shock for me.
That's your problem.

I didn't expect there'll be a twist in both games and it blows me away.
The same can be said when I watch movies, I don't expect a twist and bother looking everywhere.

Well, that's the problem with gamemakers and directors, who repeat the same formula. You're expecting there to be a twist, and naturally you start to wonder what it could be. The same goes for Bioshock, as I played it on PS3 a year after its original release date, and knew there would be a twist of some kind.

EDIT: For example, the twists in Silent Hill 2 and Shadow of Memories were unexpected, because there was no reason to expect them. I find it hard to believe someone didn't expect a twist in Bioshock Infinite, given Levine's previous games.

Neiteio

I'm on a second playthrough, taking hundreds of screens.

Just a few fun shots for now:

Fight scene: Note the gold Washington bust, the cracks on the lighthouse window, and the scattered books, etc... You can begin to imagine the struggle between the Luteces and the lighthouse keeper Comstock told to kill Booker...

58FD7E27D62A4537EC192DB8705931F6E3D33AF6

The map of Columbia's flight course, if anyone wants it...

E14441D57E1D3CBF56698626599D139D8D460895

Love how the lighthouse looks as the lights change...

B708131B47C9C3E883DFF4628BAE9A048BAD3CEE

493962E176FC9F0A7D366964E28689F2670820B2

24959939DD6B27FFD26532688EC9C641DEE73EA6

The fleeting reflection of Booker...

0A50E4BE1C23CD13D17C38FB21E5C4E01F5DA2F6

Neat angle on the Easter horses...

B7A4F9E3ED677AC0B0A60A31CED0BA761D3D0C89

Best bottle design? Best bottle design.

FD33333465F33E89B208EC2A4CE8161313AEDE1B

Dat bottle butt

ACD88A89C9B4B226ADBA0669FCC97A8B78FF46DA

Some delicious irony...

1A4E5AD49607494E8545791EA427C30F785E8FF7

At the home of the civil rights advocates...

31B40EE07EA6574A23886BD1B719B18C8BB48C13

And the white supremacists down the street...

D097303B613E39ABDD9D7284E8EF354281F63609

Quit hitting yourself! (Possession kill)

3D6839C3A1DE0C2B6E6E65B837776923D04D58A9

Delicious, delicious dust

6DB026F4BF6FF8D1453F2C0BBCE59CEAAE308554

Shared it before, but DAT SIDE PROFILE

E56A06F7E394C7E5BBA8651A066C5431AA442A39

I just realised how many opportunities and hidden doors I missed after I got Shock Jockey in my first playthrough. I could enjoy this view for example:

or find this room of Preston E. Downs:

Sorry for the "real screenshots", I'm playing on PS3 and don't have any other options to capture these.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
What sucks is that it's probably going to be 5-6 six years until we're going to see a new game by Ken Levine :/

That'll be towards the end of the PS4 / 720 lifecycle...

cartmanFreeze_zpse0b3dda1.jpg

I put together a music video covering the travels of Booker and Elizabeth during my second playthrough.

It features scenes from late in the game so I'll post the link in here on the chance that anyone wants to check it out:

http://youtu.be/ox7FIznjcLs

Korey

I just realised how many opportunities and hidden doors I missed after I got Shock Jockey in my first playthrough. I could enjoy this view for example:

or find this room of Preston E. Downs:

Sorry for the "real screenshots", I'm playing on PS3 and don't have any other options to capture these.

Where's that room of Preston? Is he in it?

I still don't understand who he is or what he did.

I put together a music video covering the travels of Booker and Elizabeth during my second playthrough.

It features scenes from late in the game so I'll post the link in here on the chance that anyone wants to check it out:

Wow, really good!

BTW, Im the only one that prefers the Bioshock version of everybody wants to rule the world intead of the original tears for fear's one?
For example, I like a lot the 1:35 part (in this video) of the original, but the rest, I prefer the incessions the bioshock song has much more, porbably becuase of my taste of music, not the quality of each track.
The Everybody Wants to Rule the World track is my favourite one in bioshock, and I love the majority of the others, so thats a difficult feat, but I cant stope listening the song in repeat.

MNC

Sorry but Everybody Wants To Rule The World feels so out of place. It is forever in my head as some kind of sitcom intro music :/ It's great videowork, awesome montage, but I personally don't like the music.

whitehawk

Banned
Just saw this: http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/e...6/bioshock-infinite-39-s-biggest-mystery.aspx

What's up with the decoys? If they're real versions of Booker from other universes that's kinda sad and mean

Booker #23019 is pretty far on his mission looking to rescue Elizabeth, stop Comstock, and save the world.

*SUMMONED AS A DECOY*

"What the f--- OW AHhhh AHhhhaH WHYYYYYYyyyyyyyYYYYYY"

*dies*

what if we were a decoy all along for another booker?

rofl
Okay... What if they decided to do something similar to Journey? Where it was "multiplayer" without knowing it? What if when someone was playing the same level as you at the same time and they opened a tear for a decoy, a tear appeared in your game? And if you got close to it, you could get shot through it because you are the decoy.

Zocano

Well, that's the problem with gamemakers and directors, who repeat the same formula. You're expecting there to be a twist, and naturally you start to wonder what it could be. The same goes for Bioshock, as I played it on PS3 a year after its original release date, and knew there would be a twist of some kind.

EDIT: For example, the twists in Silent Hill 2 and Shadow of Memories were unexpected, because there was no reason to expect them. I find it hard to believe someone didn't expect a twist in Bioshock Infinite, given Levine's previous games.

I'm with Melchiah on this one. Putting aside the fact that I had the initial bias on not really enjoying "time travel/multiple dimension" stuff, the way they were used in the game kind of really threw out a "There is a BIG moment coming!" So much hinting and side stepping (especially towards the end) without really any direct confrontation of the nature of the tears sort of just screamed "there's a twist coming!" I just feel like people who aren't new to this element in storytelling, this trope if you will, would easily see through the cracks and peel it apart on their own (perhaps not figure out everything but have a fair idea of what to expect). So the shock of a twist never happened for me (rather the scale and extent it went to just put me off).

And this isn't even concerning the fact that this is Ken Levine making a Bioshock game and I kind of went into it also expecting another twist (and then having my thoughts consistently solidified as I played through it). To be fair, it's not like it's a problem. The twist just had no shock value on me. It was still neat in its own right and I can see why people are going gaga all over it but it the overall story just had little impact on me at the end. It blew its load and I was unimpressed.

Though I absolutely love the imagery of a dozen Elizabeths drowning you. It might not be incredibly deep or fascinating to me contextually but the imagery on its own was nice.

And on a similar topic, this is still why I love Bioshock 2 as a whole more than either of its companions in the series. I've been playing through it and still adoring it and it might just be partly still that there really isn't so (almost forced) build up towards a twist. Maybe. Or maybe I just love Sophia Lamb.

Fjordson

Wow, really good!

BTW, Im the only one that prefers the Bioshock version of everybody wants to rule the world intead of the original tears for fear's one?
For example, I like a lot the 1:35 part (in this video) of the original, but the rest, I prefer the incessions the bioshock song has much more, porbably becuase of my taste of music, not the quality of each track.
The Everybody Wants to Rule the World track is my favourite one in bioshock, and I love the majority of the others, so thats a difficult feat, but I cant stope listening the song in repeat.
Tough to say. I also really love the Bioshock Infinite version. It's such a neat idea to do an old time cover of it, and it's incredibly catchy actually. Been listening to it on repeat as well ever since I beat it a few days ago. That being said, the Tears for Fears song is one of the greatest pop songs of all time. Both are great in their own way I suppose.

Speaking of Everybody Wants to Rule the World, did anyone else miss the fact that their retro cover was playing in the very first gameplay demo that came out years ago? It's on the record player when Booker walks into that bar. I never caught it until I rewatched the demo yesterday. It's definitely the same song they use in the final game. Pretty neat.

(hopefully this wasn't total common knowledge and just me being of ignorant)

kurahador

Random thought;

I wonder if the reason Elizabeth looks older in the printed materials is to avoid ppl from speculating about the relationship between her and protagonist being father daughter.

Protome

Reposting for new page.

i'm not sure. with the paris one i believe she is struggling to open it, and struggling to keep it open. i wonder if the first time she steps through one of her own volition it looks easier in body language animation etc. the catch all is just to say the siphon couldn't let her, but yeah it could be a flaw without a sturdy explanation.

In response to your earlier post, I tried for an hour with the hand cannon to get the Heartbreaker trophy. Drove me nuts when I shot his hand accidentally.

Regarding Liz and the tears, I think she always could enter the tears (could have stepped through to Paris if she wanted to) but was just scared, honestly. Both her and Booker do it with Chen Lin because its a matter of life and death and even then, she's scared/ warning Booker that she might not be able to bring them back. She probably didnt want to get stuck alone in Paris with no way to get "home".

I think a simpler explanation is simply that she didn't want to leave or didn't know it was possible. She does show a desire to go to Paris when Booker eventually shows her that it is in fact possible to leave her tower, but before that she'd never experienced life outside the tower as far as she was aware it didn't exist.

Although she talks about how as she grew up the Songbird became her Warden, keeping her imprisoned. So maybe she just has such fear of the Songbird that she believes it would follow her even to Paris and bring her back (and who is to say it wouldn't?)

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
WOW!

Seriously, that's excellent.

Everyone watch that vid!

Really enjoyable, nice work!

Wow, really good!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I had fun making it. I needed an outlet after completing the game for the second time. Hearing Elizabeth's Vox Recordings in Comstock House really hit home on the second run through the game. I'm not ashamed to say that I actually got a lump in my throat.

Such an amazing game.

I'm a huge Tears for Fears fan but I love the Bioshock version too. I was on a complete blackout for the game prior to release so the music came as a massive surprise while exploring Columbia.

Whoever came up with that idea at Irrational deserves a raise. The fact that tears were inadvertantly affecting the game world in more subtle ways like that was mindblowing to me.

Your post just inspired me to re-listen to that version then and I'm now I'm tempted to halt my Bioshock 2 playthrough and start up a new game of Infinite. I have so many memories from the game that are now inadvertently tied to the songs in the soundtrack. If I ever hear them again on the radio, I'll be remembering where I was on that day in Columbia (hahah)

Fjordson

Thanks for the kind words guys. I had fun making it. I needed an outlet after completing the game for the second time. Hearing Elizabeth's Vox Recordings in Comstock House really hit home on the second run through the game. I'm not ashamed to say that I actually got a lump in my throat.

Such an amazing game.

I'm a huge Tears for Fears fan but I love the Bioshock version too. I was on a complete blackout for the game prior to release so the music came as a massive surprise while exploring Columbia.

Whoever came up with that idea at Irrational deserves a raise. The fact that tears were inadvertantly affecting the gameworld in more subtle ways like that was mindblowing to me.

Your post just inspired me to re-listen to that version then and I'm now I'm tempted to halt my Bioshock 2 playthrough and start up a new game of Infinite
Meant to comment on your video in my previous post, but great work! I love Tears For Fear as well, so cool they were in the game.

Mogwai

Random thought;

I wonder if the reason Elizabeth looks older in the printed materials is to avoid ppl from speculating about the relationship between her and protagonist being father daughter.

It certainly help to shroud the story. However, during the first part of the game I never really considered Elizabeth as a potential daughter to Booker, but that might just be me.

I still don't know if this means anything meaningful, It just looks so odd and doesn't match the board.

I'm quite sure that's just Comstock trying to piece together the timeline to figure out which path he should take to lead Elizabeth to New York's destruction (or which choices resulted in branching off/what choices an alternative version fo himself could make). In the same room there's a Voxophone where he comes to the realisation that the baptism is where the main divergence point occurs. It doesn't look like it has any value as an actual timeline of the game's events since there's too few divisions (that lead nowhere) to be included. I also think it's a static timeline (as in, it doesn't change based upon what you do) so it's unlikely to indicate any of your choices.

Melchiah

I'm with Melchiah on this one. Putting aside the fact that I had the initial bias on not really enjoying "time travel/multiple dimension" stuff, the way they were used in the game kind of really threw out a "There is a BIG moment coming!" So much hinting and side stepping (especially towards the end) without really any direct confrontation of the nature of the tears sort of just screamed "there's a twist coming!" I just feel like people who aren't new to this element in storytelling, this trope if you will, would easily see through the cracks and peel it apart on their own (perhaps not figure out everything but have a fair idea of what to expect). So the shock of a twist never happened for me (rather the scale and extent it went to just put me off).

And this isn't even concerning the fact that this is Ken Levine making a Bioshock game and I kind of went into it also expecting another twist (and then having my thoughts consistently solidified as I played through it). To be fair, it's not like it's a problem. The twist just had no shock value on me. It was still neat in its own right and I can see why people are going gaga all over it but it the overall story just had little impact on me at the end. It blew its load and I was unimpressed.

Though I absolutely love the imagery of a dozen Elizabeths drowning you. It might not be incredibly deep or fascinating to me contextually but the imagery on its own was nice.

And on a similar topic, this is still why I love Bioshock 2 as a whole more than either of its companions in the series. I've been playing through it and still adoring it and it might just be partly still that there really isn't so (almost forced) build up towards a twist. Maybe. Or maybe I just love Sophia Lamb.

Same here. It's probably the one thing, that stuck in my mind the most. Especially how the Elizabeths/Annas whispered, "Smother, smother, smother..."

Anticipating and guessing the twist beforehand didn't ruin the game for me though. I still loved its all-encompassing audiovisual style, the warped and wonderful world they had created, the twisted humor and political incorrectness (eg. adoring John Wilkes Booth), and the ending itself.

In a way, I also liked Bioshock 2 more than its predecessor, partly because of the absence of twist. I also loved the part where you played
as little sister
, and how the results of the choices you had made were manifested. Unfortunately, both of them dragged far too long towards the end. I still think BI topped the 2nd entry, but it might be just because of how the game world differed from Rapture. I've yet to finish Minerva's Den, but I'm going to let it rest for a while, as I don't want the BI experience to diminish its effect.

Love the Ryger avatar, by the way.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Meant to comment on your video in my previous post, but great work! I love Tears For Fear as well, so cool they were in the game.

Awesome, thanks. Great avatar btw. I'm powering through season five at the moment to get ready for the two hour premiere this week.

barrbarr

People are mentioning that the entering new worlds doesn't make sense. To me I thought that they weren't entering new worlds, but instead Elizabeth was recreating the world that they were living in to fulfill her needs. I thought that, that's what they were hinting at when Elizabeth brought back her mother from the dead, but instead of actually being her mother what she brought back was her feelings for her mother.

Truant

That'll be towards the end of the PS4 / 720 lifecycle...

cartmanFreeze_zpse0b3dda1.jpg

Thanks for this. Really captured that style of music videos for 80's songs that were released as companions to big films. Good work!

Fjordson

It certainly help to shroud the story. However, during the first part of the game I never really considered Elizabeth as a potential daughter to Booker, but that might just be me.
Me neither. And any "Anna" stuff was I thought in reference to his deceased wife. I'm usually pretty bad at sussing out plot twists :lol

Even the specifics of the multiverse/time travel stuff mostly surprised me. Even if I knew something was coming since they teased Elizabeth's tears and they dropped some clues right away. Like with the barbershop quartet singers performing a Beach Boys song five minutes into the game.

Awesome, thanks. Great avatar btw. I'm powering through season five at the moment to get ready for the two hour premiere this week.
Haha, nice! I'm in full Mad Men hype mode.

Arulan

when you are entering the hall of heroes, booker opens a panel and bee comes out, Elizabeth opens a tear to let it out, then she gets a rose and quickly close's it when Song bird attacks.
At one point, shorty after the Airship crashes Elizabeth sees the body of a dead man and crosses his arms placing a rose in his hands. Also, after older Elizabeth brings you back to your world, I believe you can see a rose inside of the cage.

SeanR1221

Finished it last night. It was good it overall not as amazing as people are making it out to be. The shooting parts really seemed to drag and the entire game felt like I was following an arrow to the next point to shoot more guys. I don't think I'll stick around for the DLC and ill sell it off today.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, but you barely interact with it. I really liked the beginning of the revolution, but after the vox turn on you it's sort of dumb. Don't even get me started on the ghost/asylum stuff. It just felt grinding t that point.

Sblargh

Banned
Two good articles about infinite. Sorry if they have been posted already:

http://effingarcade.tumblr.com/post/47224149008/the-gaming-cringe

We should be celebrating Bioshock Infinite for telling an incredibly daring story and dealing with incredibly mature themes within our favourite form, and doing it honestly. Instead, some of us are cringing. “They’re telling this story in big-budget violent FPS form? Couldn’t they have done it in interactive fictiony arthouse form, where only a few of us might see it?” It’s a cringe. A wide-spread cringe. I recognise it because I’ve been there. Are we really going to get all “Ugh. It still acts like a videogame!” about it? Please tell me we’re not going down that path.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/06/about-a-girl-assorted-thoughts-on-bioshock-infinite/

Columbia rarely feels real. It feels a damn sight better than real. It feels like a stage, because that’s exactly what it is, and what it’s designed to be. Arguments in favour of naturalism fail to understand exactly what Infinite has achieved, and how a more Assassin’s Creed city would break that. Columbia isn’t a place, it’s a bunch of ideas housed inside a videogame level. Even before Alec explained the undeniable links, it was always harking back to that cinematic ur-city, Oz. It’s a game that seems as equally influenced by those two bastions of videogame anti-realism, Dear Esther and Super Mario Galaxy. It reminds me of Brazil, in that I have a similar baffled “they tricked an international corporation giving them millions upon millions of dollars to make this” response to its existence. Often times Bioshock’s studied videogame formalism, love of set-design and visual showpiece reminds me of how musicals operate, but with painful hyperviolence in place of vocal histrionics. Why has the set been cleared of extras? Why is there a big fight here? Because it’s a first-person shooter, silly.

Mogwai

Finished it last night. It was good it overall not as amazing as people are making it out to be. The shooting parts really seemed to drag and the entire game felt like I was following an arrow to the next point to shoot more guys. I don't think I'll stick around for the DLC and ill sell it off today.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, but you barely interact with it. I really liked the beginning of the revolution, but after the vox turn on you it's sort of dumb. Don't even get me started on the ghost/asylum stuff. It just felt grinding t that point.

How would you engage more with the environment? You can flush the toilets and use the sink. What more do you want? ;)

I agree on the ghost part. It was executed fine, but it felt like stretching the whole thing too much.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for this. Really captured that style of music videos for 80's songs that were released as companions to big films. Good work!

You just gave me an amazing idea. Once I'm done with my Tomb Raider music video, I'll try out a couple of things with some Infinite footage and see whether it can be done. Thanks!

kurahador

I'm surprised ppl got much trouble with the ghost.

I only had problem with the first fight and it was because I was limited to shotgun and volley gun (both are crappy weapon IMO). 2nd and 3rd was just a cakewalk with once you have a sniper rifle. And no, I don't rely on vigor much in those fights.

StuBurns

Banned
I've been replaying the game, hoping to find all the audio diaries etc, and at the beach I remembered how strange the incident with the woman in black was, she mistakes Elizabeth for 'Annabelle', I'm sure this has come up many times on GAF, but what's up with that? She probably looks a lot like a young Lady Comstock to people of Columbia, if her birth mother was our Booker's wife, the dimensional counterpart to Lady Comstock, but everyone in Columbia knows Lady Comstock is dead, and considerably older than Elizabeth, so they'd never mistake the two.

Fjordson

I've been replaying the game, hoping to find all the audio diaries etc, and at the beach I remembered how strange the incident with the woman in black was, she mistakes Elizabeth for 'Annabelle', I'm sure this has come up many times on GAF, but what's up with that? She probably looks a lot like a young Lady Comstock to people of Columbia, if her birth mother was our Booker's wife, the dimensional counterpart to Lady Comstock, but everyone in Columbia knows Lady Comstock is dead, and considerably older than Elizabeth, so they'd never mistake the two.
Huh..good question. Totally forgot about that, it was weird.

Trigger

Comstock's people just wanted to be sure they had the right girl. Pretending to mistake someone as another person is a common trick to get someone to identify themselves. Annabelle being the name that the woman uses is more than likely an easter egg/ in-joke.

Protome

Comstock's people just wanted to be sure they had the right girl. Pretending to mistake someone as another person is a common trick to get someone to identify themselves. Annabelle being the name that the woman uses is more than likely an easter egg/ in-joke.

I agree that they were just pretending to recognise her to trick her into admitting she's Elizabeth. But I also think it's possible the name Annabelle was chosen as a failed attempt to trigger DeWitt's memories. We know from the ending that Comstock knows who DeWitt is, so it would make sense for him to tell his agents to use that name just in the off chance it refreshes his memory. Which for some reason at the end Comstock seems to think will cause Elizabeth to abandon DeWitt (didn't really understand his logic there...)

I agree that they were just pretending to recognise her to trick her into admitting she's Elizabeth. But I also think it's possible the name Annabelle was chosen as a failed attempt to trigger DeWitt's memories. We know from the ending that Comstock knows who DeWitt is, so it would make sense for him to tell his agents to use that name just in the off chance it refreshes his memory. Which for some reason at the end Comstock seems to think will cause Elizabeth to abandon DeWitt (didn't really understand his logic there...)

I expect he thought she would be pissed off that Booker sold her off as a child.

Trigger

I think that borders onto "over thinking it" territory. :p

As for the bolded, I imagine Comstock Booker felt that Liz wouldn't be so loyal to Our Booker if she knew he sold her to pay for some debts.

Syrinx

So I've read the OP a couple of times right now, and I think my mind blowing caused a pipe to burst outside my house. That being said, I have one question: did Comstock know that the child he was purchasing was his child from another dimension when he bought her? Or was this specifically set up by the Lutece's to work out this way? He obviously figured it out at some point, but did he know who the child was while he was doing it?

Trigger

So I've read the OP a couple of times right now, and I think my mind blowing caused a pipe to burst outside my house. That being said, I have one question: did Comstock know that the child he was purchasing was his child from another dimension when he bought her? Or was this specifically set up by the Lutece's to work out this way? He obviously figured it out at some point, but did he know who the child was while he was doing it?

Yes, he did. That was the entire point. Comstock needed a biological heir according to his prophecy (and don't forget that he saw Booker as the portal closed).

kurahador

Yes. Comstock wants his own child to fulfill his "prophecy", but Lutece machines made him sterile.

EDIT: BEATEN by a time manipulator.

Btw...After watching the ending for the third time, I'm convinced that the Booker that got drowned is the one who chose to accept baptism.
Notice how Booker arrived at the baptism for the second time during the ending and said, "Wait..this is different." It means that he arrived at his alternate scene of baptism---the future Comstock reality.

So yeah...someone need to fix the OP.

Syrinx

Thanks. I actually had another question, though it seems relatively minor. When you're in Comstock House, there are a few...what do you call those things...well, the things you look into and get Sightseer or whatever. Kinetiscopes, I think. But they were kinetiscopes by what seems like some random guy (his name escapes me). One was about hummingbirds. One was about the sunrise. And one was about his death on a battleship. What was with those?

Fjordson

Thanks. I actually had another question, though it seems relatively minor. When you're in Comstock House, there are a few...what do you call those things...well, the things you look into and get Sightseer or whatever. Kinetiscopes, I think. But they were kinetiscopes by what seems like some random guy (his name escapes me). One was about hummingbirds. One was about the sunrise. And one was about his death on a battleship. What was with those?
Haha, yeah those were weird. The one where he falls into Battleship Bay to his death was bizarre.

Top Bottom