• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite | Official Spoiler Thread |

My completely random guess at what one the DLCs:

Of the three posters on the Vox Populi leaders after the first tear, is of course daisy, the hunter dude who switches sides and of which there are three or so voxophones, and another black gentlemen whose name i completely forgot, but whose portrait is crossed out with the words killed, in the lockup in shanty town. I'm curious why he is never mentioned and named, and wondering if some part was cut exploring his death.

That, or a much more in depth Booker as a martyr timeline story.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just thought: Why did Daisy wanted Booker (after Booker's martyr thingy), when everyone was happy for his return?

It seems more to me she killed (or got him killed somehow, probably sending him into a battle against all odds) him when he was no longer useful to him and used him as a martyr to get more people involved and more passionate.

I get this hint from "Mind in Revolt", where she
kills the doctor after he's no longer useful
; and one audio dairy, where she says Booker might be handy for now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Reposting here, because fuck ya'll.

Our review finally went up. No full score, but instead individual scores and collective opinions from six different people. Quite a diversity of opinions too.

Article art was contributed by my buddy Liam Mills, who loved the game. Made it himself, here's the image, along with a cropped 1920x1080 wallpaper for anybody interested.

bioshockblxsh.png

1920x1080 wallpaper: http://www.abload.de/img/bioshocka9lzn.png

goodfella

Time travel is always shit. I hate to say this, but that story was a load of shit.

Just from the explanation in the OP: Killing Booker before the choice of baptism presents itself immediately creates the choice of whether to kill him or not.

Also the theme of 'what can happen will always happen' makes the whole story pointless. Decent game though.

Neiteio

Just finished my second playthrough. It's rare I'm willing to go through a game twice these days, but everything about Infinite is so good. What an incredible experience.

I'm halfway through the second play through, and I missed most of the optional missions. Well I did some that I missed the first time. One that I wanted to do that I missed again was the first Vox cypher.... the one in the bathroom...

How do you find that?

IronRinn

I'm halfway through the second play through, and I missed most of the optional missions. Well I did some that I missed the first time. One that I wanted to do that I missed again was the first Vox cypher.... the one in the bathroom...

How do you find that?

It's in the building across from that one. It's sticking out of the barrel of the cannon in the center of the room.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

How do you find that?

There's a photo by the cipher of where the codebook is located.

It's in the mouth of the cannon across the street from the building the cipher is in.

Edit damnit, too much time trying to spoiler hints!

IronRinn

There's a photo by the cipher of where the codebook is located.

It's in the mouth of the cannon across the street from the building the cipher is in.

Edit damnit, too much time trying to spoiler hints!

I figure it's the spoiler thread. BLACK BARS BE DAMNED!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I figure it's the spoiler thread. BLACK BARS BE DAMNED!

Haha, I just thought he might want to do a tiny bit of hunting around even though he's asking where it is.

When I was playing there was something weird with the third cipher. I found the book first, then when I went through the bank finding the tears Elizabeth started translating the cipher in a room where I couldn't actually see any cipher written anywhere. The secret door was in that room, so I'm guessing it was the right place, but there was no indication that the code was there so I would never have known to go if I didn't already have the code book. Strange.

theytookourjobz

I keep seeing ads for the game when I'm watching Hulu and it's kinda shitty that it's full of shit that was never in the game. Booker saving Elizabeth from being hung?

Salamando

It's certainly interesting. Makes me wonder if Comstock's motive was entirely different at one point.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Ad was made before the game was completely finalized. NECA's Liz Figure was molded before Liz's design was finalized, so they had to chop off one of her pinkies afterwards and couldn't sculpt a thimble on.

Time travel is always shit. I hate to say this, but that story was a load of shit.

Just from the explanation in the OP: Killing Booker before the choice of baptism presents itself immediately creates the choice of whether to kill him or not.

Also the theme of 'what can happen will always happen' makes the whole story pointless. Decent game though.

As in the original post, the universes where Booker succeeds and where Booker doesn't succeed cannot simultaneously exist. The latter universes would contradict the first and the first erases both.

EDIT: That's a nice wallpaper, thanks for posting it.

Fezan

I have on question if comsat is older booker right ?
and if they are of the same age then how has Elizabeth grown so much in on reality or leuctes brought younger booker to present timeline. ?

abrack08

I have on question if comsat is older booker right ?
and if they are of the same age then how has Elizabeth grown so much in on reality or leuctes brought younger booker to present timeline. ?

Comstack takes Elizabeth into his own universe.

Booker wallows in self pity for "almost 20 years" (those exact words in the game, I'm pretty sure).

Booker is presented with the chance to get her back and is brought to a Comstock-verse.

Booker and Comstock are the same age but Comstaock has aged a lot due to the tear-jumping (right?), and Elizabeth is 18-20 (because this is ~20 years later).

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Finally beat this game tonight.

Wow. Certainly the swan song of this generation for me. Near perfection. Loved every second of it.

AllenShrz

Just finished this game....

huh..... ok........ it was fun but with the whole multiple unvierses... huh.... I just didn't care anymore since no matter what I did or didn't do would not matter, just jump in to another more convenient universe /time.

I think the game failed on the story telling when I have to go to a message board and loop up charts and read up breakdowns of the thing I just played to try to understand what just happened.

I guess bioshock games are not for me.

I'm playing Bioshock 2 for the very first time now and noticed a few similarities with this game which is strange since that was made by a diffferent team. Is Bio 2 canon?

DatDude

Banned
Just finished this game....

huh..... ok........ it was fun but with the whole multiple unvierses... huh.... I just didn't care anymore since no matter what I did or didn't do would not matter, just jump in to another more convenient universe /time.

I think the game failed on the story telling when I have to go to a message board and loop up charts and read up breakdowns of the thing I just played to try to understand what just happened.

I guess bioshock games are not for me.

Well that's just poor comprehension on your part. The game clearly tells you what occurred, so i'm not sure what the issue is.

AllenShrz

Well that's just poor comprehension on your part. The game clearly tells you what occurred, so i'm not sure what the issue is.

Obviously my mistake... Im but a fool on a 90 page thread about it, with graphs and theories trying to to assemble a coherent tale. Yep, my bad.

EliCash

Obviously my mistake... Im but a fool on a 90 page thread about it, with graphs and theories trying to to assemble a coherent tale. Yep, my bad.

You can assemble a coherent tale by just playing the game. You didn't have to go to a 90 page thread, it's not as if everything explained here isn't in the game. Also, I fail to see how a game that creates an urge for discussion is a criticism.

Just finished 1999 mode and got my platinum trophy today! :)

I even completed the final combat section without having to restart. Whoever suggested Return to Sender traps on the generator, taking out the Zeppelins yourself and using Songbird to clear the deck out is a genius.

BigTnaples

Yes. It is your mistake. Seeing as how most people who played the game understood everything just fine by simply finishing the game. We come here to discuss the intricacies of the plot and the universe within Infinite. Not because we failed at comprehension, which was apparently your reasoning for entering this thread..

BigTnaples

OF COURSE.

Man, I was not playing this game right at all. I just started my second playthrough and only just figured out how to do skyhook executions, too.

So wait, return to sender traps absorb bullets!? As in putting return to sender traps on the generator would have protected it? Or am I reading that wrong?

For some reason I really didn't use traps but for a handful of times during my playthough.

I will play again on normal so I can upgrade more things and toy with the powers a bit more. 1999 mode was a hell of a ride though.

So wait, return to sender traps absorb bullets!? As in putting return to sender traps on the generator would have protected it? Or am I reading that wrong?

For some reason I really didn't use traps but for a handful of times during my playthough.

I will play again on normal so I can upgrade more things and toy with the powers a bit more. 1999 mode was a hell of a ride though.

You are reading it correctly!

Whoever mentioned the possibility for a songbird boss battle: I hate you :(

Every time I think about this game I think of what it would've been like to have such an awesome boss battle

BigTnaples

You are reading it correctly!

Well don't I feel like an idiot. That would have made that fight so much easier. I literally only used return to sender the whole time but I used it as a shield for myself. Never laid any traps.

Well, I have a friend who is at this battle on 1999 mode as well. Should help him out considerably.

Lakitu

st5fu
Do I need to upgrade Return to Sender for the final battle? Don't think I can :/

Other than that I've had no problems on 1999 mode. Didn't die during the three siren battles. Not as tough as I thought.

If there are millions of other Bookers in parallel universes, what is the point of drowning and killing one Booker? What's stopping other Bookers from going through Baptization and becoming Comstocks?

If there are millions of other Bookers in parallel universes, what is the point of drowning and killing one Booker? What's stopping other Bookers from going through Baptization and becoming Comstocks?

One of the things that may be different between the game and real-life theory of infinite universes is that, through the Luteces, we learn that somethings are just constant between all universes and some things are variable. Booker arriving at the baptism is a constant. It happens in all of universes. Booker choosing whether to accept it or decline is variable. By choosing one, another infinite number of universes are created based upon that decision. By drowning Booker before the variable choice is made, Comstock and Columbia will never exist.

Presumably all the Bookers with any probability of going through it disappear, leaving alive only the ones who never did.

Elizabeth in every universe brings the booker of her world back to that point in his life before he makes the choice and drowns him.

That, or elizebeth tore straight into booker's world before the constant event of the baptism, like the post under me indicates, and nipped it all in the bud right there.

pargonta

ostensibily, the choice of baptism or not does not occur in those other parallel universes.

imagine a tree with numerous sprouting branches. each v split is a decision. bioshock infinite allows you to work backwards right before ONE of those v splits, and that v split is unique and does not occur in the other v splits, and then you snip the branch right before the v split.

edit: this is a tree branch
Chf92vz.jpg

Top Bottom