• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Like it wrecked the flow?

Well you know that things are going to turn sour eventually, and the inhabitants are going to get hostile, so you expect that transition to happen. I just thought it would've been executed with a bit more nuance and subtlety than
nyaaaaaaah, sky hook to the face bro, EAT IT!
That was literally DeWitt's first act of violence, and it was borderline comical.

Aw man, those are the only ads I've watched. Lol.
I'm actually planning on showing my 65 year old hippie dad who still uses aol mail bioshock infinite. Every few years I show him a landmark release. The last time he saw a videogame was portal2. I want to make him watch those ads before I give him a demo.
Just warn him about the jarring transition to a bit of the old ultraviolence.
Well you know that things are going to turn sour eventually, and the inhabitants are going to get hostile, so you expect that transition to happen. I just thought it would've been executed with a bit more nuance and subtlety than
nyaaaaaaah, sky hook to the face bro, EAT IT!
That was literally DeWitt's first act of violence, and it was borderline comical.
It made me cringe.

Yerolo

Hopefully the textures will be posted at that time on the Australian store, if so you can download them by logging into the steam website and then navigating to http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=au ,
from there you should be able to download the textures before your regions official unlock time.

Wait...what textures ? I asked this question earlier in the thread and the answer I got was the preload was 15Gb. I cant see any info except for here that a texture pack exists or is going to exist

RoKKeR

I can't decide whether to to keep or try to sell XCOM. I've never been a huge strategy fan and play the games casually at the most.

Toparaman

Banned
And I happen to think the game looks gorgeous on the PS3 too, for the most part.

IGN made it sound like the textures are even worse than usual for a console game, which makes me wonder whether the game is better suited for PS4. How does Infinite compare visually to Uncharted 2? Art design aside, I mean.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just warn him about the jarring transition to a bit of the old ultraviolence.

It made me cringe.
Ha, actually before portal2 I showed him lost and damned and he said "they shouldn't have made that." Thinking about it now though, I forgot.. The last game he actually saw was proteus back in October. I'm gonna play through bioshock and make some hard saves to show him different parts of the game.

You should do right by them and just let them know. Maybe they give you a bunch of store credit. Do the right thing!

I have made over £400 worth of store credit tehre I dont need anymore ;P Either way they cant use it again because I have seen the keys and I definitely wont and cant afford to spend another £24.

I can't decide whether to to keep or try to sell XCOM. I've never been a huge strategy fan and play the games casually at the most.

I have the exact same mindset when it comes to strategy games. I never really was into them as a kid. I did enjoy warcraft 2 way back when, but lost interest over time. XCOM though, is surprisingly fun. It's not like most strategy games I've played. It's small team combat. It's almost addictive. You should try it.

Keep it. Even if you don't love strategy, it's really amazing. The systems are really elegant, and fairly easy to understand/hard to master.

Play it on normal Ironman if you are new to strategy games, you'll have a shitload of fun.

RoKKeR

I have the exact same mindset when it comes to strategy games. I never really was into them as a kid. I did enjoy warcraft 2 way back when, but lost interest over time. XCOM though, is surprisingly fun. It's not like most strategy games I've played. It's small team combat. It's almost addictive. You should try it.

Hm, alright then, I'll give it a go I think.

Are you sure about that? I just got another key e-mail from them a few minutes ago, but it was all exactly the same keys as they sent me yesterday.

Yeah I cross referenced it with my first one and it is different I entered the second one into steam and it says it is already owned. Looks like I have a spare one to sell off :p

iFirez

Finally got my key from GMG - preloading at 2.5MB/s atm, how big is the full download? Do we know if we need to download additional installs for the PC version for better textures or anything like that? Also I hope we can alter the FOV straight away - I need that 90FOV.

Looking forward to playing this!

antitrop

Yeah I cross referenced it with my first one and it is different I entered the second one into steam and it says it is already owned. Looks like I have a spare one to sell off :p

I'd be careful with that one, you might end up screwing someone if GMG realizes their mistake. Which they probably will.

pje122

As someone who always thought the first BioShock was wholly overrated... Infinite is good. It's really good. I don't want to jump the gun and lavish the game in heaps of praise off the bat (I haven't even met Liz yet - just turned up at
Monument Island
), but thus far it is undoubtedly excellent stuff. Columbia is the star of the show, just like Rapture was in BioShock. The game is a visual extravaganza because of its unique setting, and it's better than Rapture because you're not just roaming around in the decrepit aftermath of a once functioning society. Columbia is living, breathing, thriving and it's all the better for it. Exploration is a pure joy. And I happen to think the game looks gorgeous on the PS3 too, for the most part.

Just to nitpick, when things suddenly get violent for the first time, the experience is really jarring. Very very early spoilers, but
during the beginning segment of the game you spend a good deal of time as DeWitt just gawping at this floating city and interacting with its residents and engaging in some fairground attractions, and it's pleasant stuff. Then you're fingered as the False Shepherd and incur the wrath of the police force, which results in DeWitt instantly indulging in some ultra-violence by introducing a police officer's face to a sky hook. I'm pretty desensitised to video game violence by now, but that was so needlessly gruesome it made me roll my eyes and think "ugh... video games".
Such an abrupt transition. Nowhere near a big deal, but it did spoil the mood a bit for me.

Anyway, really liking it. Hope it continues to deliver.
So it's really good performance-wise on PS3?

Sblargh

Banned
GMG just sent me the keys. And now that is out of the way, man, I can't believe how good this deal was. This is like the magic of digital gaming sales, where you suddenly have a brand new game preordered, a classic one and 2 big hits from last year for a discounted price of one game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Forget GMG, had a very nice Gaffer offer to help me out and got me the Infinite, Bio, Civ V, and XCOM for 45. Done and done.

Pre-loading now!

Just received my Steam Keys. What is T1Q5 in the GMG email?

Edit: LOL. It's the start of a Key but I'm not sure what the key is. Can I enter it into steam to see what it is before I approve it?

Sblargh

Banned
Also, you maybe want to wait for Civ 5 expansion to launch. Learning a complex game now just to have the rules change in a few months may not be ideal.

surly

Banned
I got an email from GMG with keys for Infinte and XCOM in it, but also a key for something called "ZTZ1". Does anyone know what that is? I tried activating it on Steam, but it didn't work.

Anyway, pre-loading BioShock now! Roll on Tuesday.

Top Bottom