• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Has it been said what you have to do to play the industrial revolution things if you preordered from steam? I can't seem to find a code anywhere on steam that I can put in on the website.

Yerolo

Has it been said what you have to do to play the industrial revolution things if you preordered from steam? I can't seem to find a code anywhere on steam that I can put in on the website.

Industrial Revolution is now closed to new players. It says at the bottom of the fink manufacturing webpage

Fracas

#fuckonami
Got the PC for Bioshock or just for everything? Anyways grats, welcome to the master race, We have pie :D

What specs too?

My old laptop struggled loading HD youtube vids, haha. Needed an upgrade.

Here's the specs. Nothing too crazy, but it's all I really need:

i7 3632QM 2.2GHz
Geforce 650M
8gb DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
17.3" screen, 1600x900

I would get Infinite on PC, but I can't pass up the convenience of a console version atm

My old laptop struggled loading HD youtube vids, haha. Needed an upgrade.

Here's the specs. Nothing too crazy, but it's all I really need:

i7 3632QM 2.2GHz
Geforce 650M
8gb DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
17.3" screen, 1600x900

I would get Infinite on PC, but I can't pass up the convenience of a console version atm

Not bad for a start. Congrats man

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
8.3MB a sec right now. I feel sick :p

Cross posting as this is the last time I will be mentioning this

Selling

Bioshock Infinite Steam key - 40

XCOM - 13

Both for 45.

PM me. I'm flexible so can go a little lower for the XCOM key.

DSmalls84

My game is preloaded, my season pass is purchased...my body is ready. Also unlocked the the industrial revolution kit. I really envy you guys who have shops that break street dates. Here in Ga all we have are Wal-Marts and Gamestops.

RetroMG

So I'm finally playing the Industrial Revolution game...

Anyone know of a clear advantage between Founders and Vox Populi on the web game?

My old laptop specs:

Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
GeForce GT 550M
6GB of DDR3 RAM

I feel it should be able to run this on at least medium, right?

Toparaman

Banned
Possible major news.

Looks like the 1999 code is really just the Konami code. At least on the PS3.

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?219456-Konami-Code-confirmed-to-unlock-1999-mode

Note: I haven't read through the whole thread above, but I can say that the first few posts are spoiler free.

As the title says, I got my ps3 copy today (although I'm waiting for my xbox copy to ACTUALLY play it haha) and thought I'd try to unlock 1999 mode.
After start screen just enter up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, circle, X, start (on ps3) and a screen will pop up telling you you've unlocked it and it's available to choose from new game when selecting difficulty.

So I bought the bundle on GMG. The items disappeared from my cart 3 times, once before I logged in, and then twice after I logged into my account and it says I bought the bundle with Civ V instead of the bundle with Spec Ops that I choose originally. They won't even answer my support ticket for two days now. Anyone want to trade for A Civ V key?

abundant

So I'm finally playing the Industrial Revolution game...

Anyone know of a clear advantage between Founders and Vox Populi on the web game?

I have most of the bonuses unlocked for Industrial Revolution except for the last one. Is it worth the slog to get it?

Just so you know ahead of time, the last unlockable is just some crappy FB stuff, so if you get bored, then just stop playing. It's not worth it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just so you know ahead of time, the last unlockable is just some crappy FB stuff, so if you get bored, then just stop playing. It's not worth it.

Oh really? Hahah. Nope.

I got stuck on a puzzle in December and haven't been able to get past it since. If it's just a Facebook thing then I don't care at all.

Deadbeat

Banned
What is 1999 mode anyway? I haven't really actively kept up with information about the game.
It appears to be nothing more than a bullet point to put on the back of the box to appease old school PC gamers. Makes things harder and references this to 1999 which is when SS2 came out. You know the hardcore mode in Fallout New Vegas? Apparently like that.

That is unless the developers wish to give us more details. IGN statement didnt help.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It appears to be nothing more than a bullet point to put on the back of the box to appease old school PC gamers. Makes things harder and references this to 1999 which is when SS2 came out.

That is unless the developers wish to give us more details.

All I know about it is that it's harder and you need to plan out your character build and upgrades a lot better. You have to specialize in 1999, you can't be a jack of all trades. I don't know how it limits those options though.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
This new generation doesn't know shit about LPBs and HPBs.

New generation? Do I qualify as a new generation person if I could tell what speed my modem was connecting at by the noise it would make?

Anyway - my statement stands. Owning people while playing with 300 ping ain't no thang.

antitrop

New generation? Do I qualify as a new generation person if I could tell what speed my modem was connecting at by the noise it would make?

Anyway - my statement stands. Owning people while playing with 300 ping ain't no thang.

New generation means people who were born the year Quake II was released are in high school now.

DSmalls84

All I know about it is that it's harder and you need to plan out your character build and upgrades a lot better. You have to specialize in 1999, you can't be a jack of all trades. I don't know how it limits those options though.

From What I have gathered it is supposed to limit the amount of currency you have for upgrades, and I think you also lose it on death. Haven't tried it yet but thought I read that before.

Pryor

I tried to buy the bundle on GMG with Bioshock 1 and 2 but the payment was refused. I got the money back which is all fine and dandy however now when I go to buy any of the bundles it keeps popping up with "This game has been removed as you already own it."

FML. :[

Dragnet

I'm loving the game on PS3. Runs really well and looks gorgeous. Has some slight tearing but nothing too bad. There's an unlock framerate version in the menu but I prefer a consistent feel.

Only blemish I've seen so far. MEGATEXTURE!!!

Also some of the islands/districts/blocks floating in the distance bob up and down WAY TOO FAST, the people on them must be FREAKING THE FUCK OUT.

Top Bottom