• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Haha, knew it. Back then Levíne even said that would be the third level of the game.
Yeah, so a lot can happen in two years. I still remember the 30 bullshots per second HL2 E3 demo that made me swoon 'til the moment I finished installing the game.
I understand, things have to get cut for good reasons. You're trying to make things work on the lowest common denominator throughout that time up to the very last day.

PC exclusive DLC of insane rail battles and zeppelin cracking. Believe.

Toa TAK

Banned
Anyone else having second thoughts on the CE? I just saw the unboxing. Not worth the extra $20.

I would be if I got the Songbird Edition. But I just got the Premium instead along with the season pass.

The CE doesn't really seem like much, but I can't say no to the Schyman soundtrack.

Is a dude not entitled to the sweat of his bro?

No! Says Arthur Geis of Polygon it belongs to the hipster

No, says Keighley from Gametrailers it belongs to Doritos GOD!

No, says the men at Rock Paper Shotgun, it belongs to everyone.

But, no, I chose something different, I chose something new, I chose Infinite.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
No! Says Arthur Geis of Polygon it belongs to the hipster

No, says Keighley from Gametrailers it belongs to Doritos GOD!

No, says the men at Rock Paper Shotgun, it belongs to everyone.

But, no, I chose something different, I chose something new, I chose Infinite.

jb180mUNIP0pGG.jpg

After reading Rock Paper Shotgun's review of Rhianna (lead writer of Tomb Raider) I am glad Levine is writing this game. Crystal didn't let her writing be part of the game design, and had two other writers doing most of the work while putting writing credits on her. She was like talking about how they just added the explosions and shit around the writing, it wasn't any action from the scripts. That is a recipe for disaster storywise.

I can't stress enough how you can't shoehorn a character arc or stories in general around the gameplay. It's got to make sense in context of the game or else it just seems jarring, and I mean even to some people in this thread Bio still hasn't fixed that problem.

Irrational We Trust

Thanks to Irrational and Ken for making an absolutely spectacular piece of work.

I'm now in the process of getting extremely drunk and contemplating what I just experienced.

ZeroRay

Who wants to see two images (very early in the game, like 30 minutes in...) of the pc version run in Ultra?

http://i.imgur.com/6qTdxri.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VyREbGg.jpg

Too angular. Where's the soul? :p

Thanks to Irrational and Ken for making an absolutely spectacular piece of work.

I'm now in the process of getting extremely drunk and contemplating what I just experienced.

You finished it? Shit, I'm getting all hot and bothered with excitement now.

Specs please?

Intel Quad Core Q9300 @ 2.50Ghz
GeForce GTX 560
4Gb Ram

The game run fluid most of the time but with some hiccups when... I could not really tell you why they happen.

@ZeroRay
I want to avoid any kind of spoiler... you want to see the soul? You have to see the game and every inch of the Bioshock Infinite world is so fucking awesome to be also a spoil.

@Burgess_101
I take these pic with Steam so they already compressed :\

Intel Quad Core Q9300 @ 2.50Ghz
GeForce GTX 560
4Gb Ram

The game run fluid most of the time but with some hiccups when... I could not really tell you why they happen.

@ZeroRay
I want to avoid any kind of spoiler... you want to see the soul? You have to see the game and every inch of the Bioshock Infinite world is so fucking awesome to be also a spoil.

@Burgess_101
I take these pic with Steam so they already compressed :\

Steam has an option to take uncompressed PNG's now.

TimeInc

Ah man. If what I just read on some site turns out to be the ending Im going to be super pissed for having the story spoiled.

TimeInc

Don't worry, I ain't going to say what i read. A tip though, DO NOT google search BioShock Infinite, I didn't even click on the site, it was a headline.

Don't worry, I ain't going to say what i read. A tip though, DO NOT google search BioShock Infinite, I didn't even click on the site, it was a headline.

That's basically pre-launch 101. If you do that, you're asking for it (Wikipedia got you, didn't it?).

General rule is just to do nothing but follow official sources, and avoid reading/scrolling into the comments section. Twitter and Facebook are also no-nos. The more story-heavy a game is on the x axis and how popular the game is on the y axis is a good way to indicate on the degree of your isolation at such times.

TimeInc

No it wasn't wiki, and I haven't been on Facebook or Twitter. I'll just mention it no further incase people in the thread are worried they might get spoiled.

CrazyDude

Feel pretty proud of my self for staying away from spoilers after having almost every major game spoiled for me.

In other news, I just beat 999's true ending and it was full of wtfs.

Yerolo

I'm just saying I'm upset at maybe being spoiled

Understood. But some ppl can interpret a post like that as how you felt about the said spoiler, not the act itself of being spoilt

Im almost at the point of putting myself in blackout as well tbh

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Feel pretty proud of my self for staying away from spoilers after having almost every major game spoiled for me.

same here, but it was easy since i wasnt hyped for this game until realized i could get xcom for free on steam and i remembered that i f-ing loved bioshock 1.

I never knew I even wanted this game until I read about it in PCGamer a few months ago, usually I would go and seek out every little detail about the game to know what it was about but I haven't this time I have only watched the IGN video review. Monday can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom