• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

dreamfall

That's rad. I wish we did this with art in general though. Not just for advertising purposes.

Seriously. Would be so neat to see some art up there, not just space paid for.

But this is pretty lovely regardless. I was just walking about, and out of the crowd emerged Elizabeth and Booker.

And then I went to find Luigi.

Paying the last of my preorder tomorrow. Still wish I could get a better GPU in time, but hopefully I can rectify that in a month's time. It will give me a reason to play through the game again.

That or I'll hold off playing Infinite until I get the card, using the time to finish up The Witcher, move on to Witcher 2 to make sure the new card is doing what it should be, and give the Wii U some love.

Who am I kidding?

Shawn I saw your name in the credits and had to smile just because I remember reading your name back in the EGM days had to think of how you how you got be involved with a project like this.

I've been mulling the game over in my head for a few hours now.

Congrats man. To you and the rest of the team.

So I was hoping one of the retail stores in Australia might have broken street date.

No such luck. *sigh* oh well, Tuesday is just around the corner!

AJ_Wings

So I per-ordered Bioshock Infinite yesterday from GMG and got codes for BS1&2 and XCOM. I already own BS1 and so I tried to turn the GMG code into a giftable steam code but it appears that I can't. So I don't know if this'll work but does anyone want a steam key for Bioshock 1? Quote and I'll PM the code but I'm honestly not sure if this'll work out.

Have Infinite ready and preloaded for Tuesday. Do Steam games normally activate right at midnight? Or do you have to wait until sometime during the middle of launch day usually?

Have Infinite ready and preloaded for Tuesday. Do Steam games normally activate right at midnight? Or do you have to wait until sometime during the middle of launch day usually?

Go to the game's store page, there should be a timer indicating when the game is gonna unlock in your timezone (midnight or roughly around there)

Yerolo

Go to the game's store page, there should be a timer indicating when the game is gonna unlock in your timezone (midnight or roughly around there)

Countdown on my store page (au) is 1 day 5hrs from now (which is Tues 26th @ 1:15am), works out to be March 25th @ 10:15am EDT...either that or we'll be seeing staggered unlock times

Wonderfalls

Neo Member
So which one is better.

Difficult to say - I'm tempted to say 'neither' at this point. The differences to my eyes are minimal so far. A bit more tearing on the PS3, traded against what feels like less frame-drops than the 360 version.

At the moment I'm continuing on the PS3 because the tearing is relatively infrequent and it is slightly more crisp. I guess Digital Foundry will have an article up in the next day or so.

One thing I have noted is that Booker turns more slowly on the PS3 when sprinting. At first I thought I was imagining it, but I'm not - make the same turn on the PS3 and you can crash into walls and objects that you avoid on the 360. Increasing the Look sensitivity helped a little, but not completely. I guess Irrational need to patch it on one version or the other.

Lakitu

st5fu
Don't worry, I ain't going to say what i read. A tip though, DO NOT google search BioShock Infinite, I didn't even click on the site, it was a headline.

I googled it without fear and don't worry, it's not a spoiler. It's just an article about the PAX panel. No spoilers at all... and breathe.

dejay

Banned
I plan on waking up Tuesday morning, start loading the HD texture pack and it will hopefully be ready to play when I get home.

Petrichor

For people feeling a little elegiac about being spoiled - take comfort in the fact that there's a lot more to the plot this time than just what can be spoiled in a sentence (which I assume is what most people have seen) - the story twist is so complicated by its very nature this time round that actually seeing it play out will be just as interesting as the realisation of the twist itself. Even if you've had the superficial details spoiled, that isn't all the game has to offer.

Don't despair!

Yeah, looking at the store timer it's going to activate roughly around 2/3AM my time so I may as well just go to uni and work on Tuesday and come back to it in the evening.

What's this about an HD texture pack?

Yerolo

Yeah, looking at the store timer it's going to activate roughly around 2/3AM my time so I may as well just go to uni and work on Tuesday and come back to it in the evening.

What's this about an HD texture pack?

Apparently there is a 10Gb day 1 texture pack, funnily enough, the only source of this info seems to be GAF. I think Shawn Elliott from Irrational came into this thread a while back and told us about it

TimeInc

Lakitu said:
I googled it without fear and don't worry, it's not a spoiler. It's just an article about the PAX panel. No spoilers at all... and breathe.

Oh thanks, that's good to know, I saw the link and immediately crossed it off. I knew the story for the original BioShock before I played it, and I didn't want the same to happen for Infinite.

desu

Apparently there is a 10Gb day 1 texture pack, funnily enough, the only source of this info seems to be GAF. I think Shawn Elliott from Irrational came into this thread a while back and told us about it

10GB? Damn that will take some time on the release day.

Benedict

When do I get access to Industrial Revolution?
I ordered on amazon.com and have received codes for the game, X-com, e-book and the $30 discount on T2 games but nothing about IR.

So is it confirmed that Australia unlocks first on steam? If so how long until it does, I'm thinking I'm going to VPN unlock.

Certainly seems that way, I am pretty sure here in England it unlocks at 12pm if your American that would mean that it would unlock at like 7am I think?

ekim

I never really liked bioshock but Infinite looks tempting - how does it compare in terms of general gameplay from the original 2 bioshock games?

Andrew.

Banned
I'm pretty sure System Shock 2 stole the idea of a female AI from Cortana.

What. You know Halo was created/released after SS2 right? Maybe you meant the other way around..

What the hell happened in here last night?

...And is the Konami code really confirmed?

Dragnet

Would you guys suggest playing with headphones?

YES! You hear more of the little things. The intro is awesome with them too. On the subject of sound, some of the sound design in this game is outstanding. Really cool stuff.

Sometimes it sucks though. Example: I was standing in a lift and was unable to properly hear what the speaker inside was saying as well as look outside to see what the game was showing me. To hear properly I had to take a step back and look directly up at the speaker, meaning I couldn't see the window anymore. I notice similar things with Elizabeth too. Sometimes she'll say stuff but it'll be SUPER muffled, and by the time I turn and figure out where she is she's stopped talking.

1 day and 10 hours to go

YES! You hear more of the little things. The intro is awesome with them too. On the subject of sound, some of the sound design in this game is outstanding. Really cool stuff.

Sometimes it sucks though. Example: I was standing in a lift and was unable to properly hear what the speaker inside was saying as well as look outside to see what the game was showing me. To hear properly I had to take a step back and look directly up at the speaker, meaning I couldn't see the window anymore. I notice similar things with Elizabeth too. Sometimes she'll say stuff but it'll be SUPER muffled, and by the time I turn and figure out where she is she's stopped talking.
I highly recommend enabling subtitles for this kind of stuff.

raven777

I couldn't play Bioshock 1 because I got 3D sickness after player 30 minutes.

Apparently these 3D sickness are caused by FOVs and changing FOV to wider(?) can fix the problem.

Is Bioshock infinite going to have option to change FOV on the PC version?

Top Bottom