• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

You know, maybe I'll wait to play BioShock Infinite until I get back home on Wednesday where I have a bigger TV screen and surround sound. Got a four-day weekend coming up.

Red

I'm looking forward to playing Infinite this week, but I've been getting pretty severe motion sickness from FPS games lately. I ordered some ginger pills to try and counter that. Not expecting that it'll work, but I'd really like to play without getting sick. Anyone else with this problem? Wondering if I should stock up on Dramamine.

I'm looking forward to playing Infinite this week, but I've been getting pretty severe motion sickness from FPS games lately. I ordered some ginger pills to try and counter that. Not expecting that it'll work, but I'd really like to play without getting sick. Anyone else with this problem? Wondering if I should stock up on Dramamine.

I don't want to scare you, but the first time you stand in the "floating city" you really think it's floating.

For people, who are worried about the frame rate issues. I was playing it on PS3 and the first hour has pretty steady frame rate. I only noticed fps drops if i melee'd an enemy in the face and lit them on fire. There are minor drops if the combat gets too heavy but nothing irritating.

I am really impressed with the performance on PS3 and the city still looks great despite being on medium quality of PC version. The exploration is really fun and i am addicted to exploring every nook and cranny.

Enco

Is this unlocked midnight today or midnight tomorrow in the UK?

Release date says 25th which kinda indicates midnight today but the countdown makes it seem like tomorrow.

Vire

Nearly six years ago Bioshock came out.

Damn it's been a while... but FINALLY we'll be able to taste the fruits of another Irrational game tomorrow night.

My body is ready.

Zeliard

I don't want to scare you, but the first time you stand in the "floating city" you really think it's floating.

This is one of the things I was hoping they'd get right - the disorientation you might feel in such an environment, especially before you become acclimated to it (basically mirroring how it might feel if you were actually there). It's a fine line between doing that and upsetting some players, but I hope it does feel like a floating city to an extent.

Red

It's not that kind of motion sickness. It's from walking in first person games. The forced perspective or something. It gets really bad in hallways especially. I've never been able to finish the original Half Life because of it. The past year or so it's been worse than ever... just like, fifteen minutes ago I finished Thirty Flights of Loving and my head is still spinning. I spent a couple minutes in the bathroom feeling like I was about to throw up.

sleeping through the days to make them go quicker, hopefully if I have planned my sleeping patterns well I can sleep when I start downloading the texture pack.

21 hours for Australia. 1 day 11 hours for US... New Zealand are a couple of hours ahead of Australia, however, it says 21 hours for both. Unless the country code for New Zealand is not "nz"?

*Edit - The New Zealand store is nz, as expected.

Cool. So any free VPN programs allow you to use Australia as a server?

woober

Will achievements sync if you play offline and log back online a day later if unlocking via VPN? I forgot how it went when I did it for tomb raider.

I am the only one who's a bit disappointed by this game so far? My review copy came yesterday and its quite patchy, think I am about 3/4 of the way through.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
No i mean when does it in australia unlock? how many hours left?

the Aussie date just got pushed back by a day on Steam. :|

what the fuck? when I go buy my copy on the 26th, I won't get to play it until the day after. Hooray. :|

and it's back to normal. weird. 20 hours to go.

I haven't got my full preload done, about 2 gigs to go. but I've been hearing people say the texture pack doesn't download after the preload is done. Does it only start once the game unlocks? cos that would suck.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I haven't got my full preload done, about 2 gigs to go. but I've been hearing people say the texture pack doesn't download after the preload is done. Does it only start once the game unlocks? cos that would suck.

Yes.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
2013-03-2320_58_38-kemquno.png

Twitter is worse than Youtube now. You have your anonymity *and* you know that your vitriol has a significant chance to directly hit the eyes of the person you're aiming for.

Top Bottom