• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

It'll be fine, because liberals will interpret it as a criticism of religion, while conservatives will interpret it as a criticism of <insert other religion here>. Of course it's not meant to address <insert their religion here>, because that's the true religion.

You can be a religious liberal, and a conservative atheist. Who knew?

Whats the cheapest place to get a bioshock infinite steam key from? I don't have much moolah right now

you could get in on GMG, get 14$ back, and then sell the steam keys you get for bioshock 1, xcom and the game you choose. I also found someone willing to sell their code from the AMD special in the Buy/Sell thread for 30$.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Stupid plot question incoming:

When Booker gets the 77 ball, was that couple accused of an interracial relationship, or did I read that wrong?

Either way I thought it was a really cool scene

Derrick01

Banned
The story is a liberal wankfest and this is coming from a liberal.

Is it as bad as gaf gets sometimes in the off topic section? Like you come across a mass murderer and instead of dealing with him they encourage you to give him a hug and tell him he can become a better man?

Vire

Stupid plot question incoming:

When Booker gets the 77 ball, was that couple accused of an interracial relationship, or did I read that wrong?

Either way I thought it was a really cool scene

Nope you read it 100% correct, a bit shocking to see a video game talk about that.
Is it as bad as gaf gets sometimes in the off topic section? Like you come across a mass murderer and instead of dealing with him they encourage you to give him a hug and tell him he can become a better man?

:lol That thread...

Which interviews?

I can't remember which exactly but I remember him talking about his background as well, as his religious views.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Nope you read it 100% correct, a bit shocking to see a video game talk about that.

I thought it was amazing actually. Its the sort of thing I wouldn't expect in a game, and I certainly didn't enjoy it for the subject matter, but just because they "went there."

Really helps you form an opinion about the people living there.

antitrop

Please, don't give us extreme liberals a bad name by lumping those insane people in with us.

I know which thread you were talking about and I didn't see much of GAF taking that side. Most of the comments were about how he should be killed and a bit of confusion over the 21 year prison sentence.

OT GAF looks like a Mitt Romney fan club compared to Reddit.

DukeBobby

Are you referring to the Anders Breivik thread? If so, I don't remember seeing any of that.

Vire

I thought it was amazing actually. Its the sort of thing I wouldn't expect in a game, and I certainly didn't enjoy it for the subject matter, but just because they "went there."

Really helps you form an opinion about the people living there.

I know that AC3 very very briefly touched on it, but it's nice to see it given more weight in a Ken Levine joint.
Are you referring to the Anders Breivik thread? If so, I don't remember seeing any of that.
You weren't looking real closely then.

NAPK1NS

It's kind of weird. But after you pre-load it, you can click the download button... and it just pre-loads all over again. I hope I don't have 50GB of BioShock when this is through.

solarus

I don't see how you are any better, you were on the wrong side of the baby being slapped on the plane for crying thread.
Not really. We all just bite our lip and wish we had the balls to do the same thing when it's happening to us on planes. I guess it's that Chris Rock saying in effect here.

The racist part is way out of bounds though.

Derrick01

Banned

Well that thread is the one that comes to mind most recently but it's most certainly not the first on this board. Off topic makes us look like the stereotypical liberal dirty hippy sometimes.

Mr. RHC

Well done on the OT, Cystm, B33 and Andrew.

And Youtube Reacts to Bioshock Infinite, what am I watching, hahaha, priceless.

ironcreed

Banned
I just watched some footage on Youtube that features some of the rumored racism being put out front. I could see some sensitive types taking it the wrong way and getting pissed off, but I hope that does not happen.

Toparaman

Banned
Skyward Sword's Skyloft and Bioshock Infinite's Columbia. Two cities in the sky. I wonder if Link and Booker ever hang out, or Elizabeth and Zelda.

I just watched some footage on Youtube that features some of the rumored racism being put out front. I could see some sensitive types taking it the wrong way and getting pissed off, but I hope that does not happen.
Oh, it's going to happen. Hoping the game sells more from the publicity. Games need more interesting commentary about human nature.
Skyward Sword's Skyloft and Bioshock Infinite's Columbia. Two cities in the sky. I wonder if Link and Booker ever hang out, or Elizabeth and Zelda.
Yes. There are infinite universes with every combination of occurrences you can imagine. There's even Bioshock Infinite on the Wii in a few of them.
Very smart of you just linking shit without any context.
The banhammer on youtube seems to have been put aside. For now!

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Anyone who's finished the game, can you check the wiki article to see if it's randomly littered with spoilers by trolls? Want to check something

antitrop

I have to remind myself to clean out my GPU tomorrow before the game unlocks. It's running 51 degrees idle. O_O

I just got home from work, I'm too lazy to do it today.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
People that get offended by anything that deals with a sensitive subject are the bain of creative people. We need more stuff like that in games.

The PSN code should be available in the My Rewards section at the top of the Industrial Revolution screen

It's available to you right from the start
OK, cool. Didn't see it yesterday. Figured they would email us the code.

Anyone who's finished the game, can you check the wiki article to see if it's randomly littered with spoilers by trolls? Want to check something
I'm sure it's filled with spoilers. Wikipedia is one of the worst places to go when avoiding spoilers.

I have to remind myself to clean out my GPU tomorrow before the game unlocks. It's running 51 degrees idle. O_O

I just got home from work, I'm too lazy to do it today.
I'd like to know if there will be a difference. Mine's running 47 C idle and it's clean as it'll ever be outside of the packaging. The space it's in is really roomy and the ambient temp here is pretty chilly too.

ironcreed

Banned
People that get offended by anything that deals with a sensitive subject are the bain of creative people. We need more stuff like that in games.

No argument there, but you know how intolerant and sensitive some folks are. The least little thing will send them flying off the handle. Hopefully that will be minimal here, but I am some how doubting it.

No argument there, but you know how intolerant and sensitive some folks are. The least little thing will send them flying off the handle. Hopefully that will be minimal here, but I am some how doubting it.
First thing I thought of was Derrick, but I'm just being mean and out of context now.

The story is a liberal wankfest and this is coming from a liberal.

That would be quite an epic case of Ken Levine dropping the ball if it were true, but I doubt it is. There was nothing liberal about Bioshock, and themes like nationalism and American exceptionalism don't strike me as particularly liberal concerns. Religion and racism - maybe, but I have a feeling Columbia is not a city you're going to outright hate. Look at how beautiful it is for starters. It's a twisted ideal. Levine always looked at both sides of the issue in Bioshock, and those sides weren't even liberal and conservative.

Top Bottom