• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

so, there is a 10GB patch that is not included in the preload? is that correct?
how dumb is that?

Yeah, I want to love everything about this game, but this sucks major monkey balls. Include it with the damn thing I'm paying for at retail, please. My internet speed isn't the best, so it's going to seriously delay me.

Oh well, I'm just going to have to stay off neogaf and other gaming places while the damn thing downloads, because there are plenty of people who are going to be shitcanning the game and spoiling my buzz before I've even gotten a chance to play it. That's just peachy.

Moff

Where did you find that out? If so that really blows a hole in my VPN plans.

I am not sure, thats why I'm asking, but people have been talking about it for a few days now here.
I have the same vpn plans.

Not a patch, just an optional high res texture pack for the PC version like Sleeping Dogs had.
so you download it ingame? or does it start downloading automatically witthout the possibility to play the game witthout it?

diamount

Banned
Seems stupid forcing us to download it if's a lot aren't even going to use it. Don't know if a 260 is even capable of running them.

What specifically don't ya like?

Doesn't have anywhere near the sense of atmosphere that the original had, NPC's aren't believable - I.E they stand still or do the same animation repeatedly until you walk near them and they speak. Then again it has has some absolutely amazing sections, but overall its not living up to my ( admittedly sky high - pun intended) expectations.

Gav47

so you download it ingame? or does it start downloading automatically witthout the possibility to play the game witthout it?

If its like Sleeping dogs and most people are assuming it will be you'll have the opition to buy it from the store or just play the base version.

Yes, it starts when the game unlocks.

Well that's kinda shit. I mean I sorta get it, Sleeping Dogs was similar, but I wish we could get it now as I don't have a fast enough connection to download another 10 gigs fast.
Might just play the game for a few horus without it and download the HD pack overnight.

Moff

Just turn off the VPN when you start downloading.
sadly that doesnt work on steam, it did on origin, but steam will actually refresh and set the game back on preload. at least it did on tomb raider, which also had a day 1 patch or at least a rather big unlocking file.

sadly that doesnt work on steam, it did on origin, but steam will actually refresh and set the game back on preload. at least it did on tomb raider, which also had a day 1 patch or at least a rather big unlocking file.

Always works for me and I have done it quite a few times.

Alright, finally found a good deal (and on GAF no less). time to go hibernate and not read anything. I haven't read or watched a thing on this game, so it will be fun going in blind.

DrBo42

It's worth a shot my good man.

imjust1n

Banned
Just picked up the season pass for free with the GMG preorder credit. This has been the best gaming deal ever.

infinite + darkness 2 + bioshock 1 + xcom + $15 instant credit + $15 cashback after game comes out for 60 bucks. Gotta love pc gaming.

its either 14 cash back or 15 GMG credit not both but yes this is the best bang for your buck.

ruxtpin

Banned
I posted a few impressions earlier. I'm no expert but this is what I've experienced in the first 90 minutes on both copies.

360: Barely tears, drops frames with v-sync locked. More aggressive AA.
PS3: Tears occasionally with v-sync locked, doesn't seem to drop frames like the 360. Slightly more crisp in a side-by-side (different AA?).

I need to pick a version, trade the other and play the damn game though ;)

Just curious - but I thought having AA was a good thing?

Just picked up the season pass for free with the GMG preorder credit. This has been the best gaming deal ever.

infinite + darkness 2 + bioshock 1 + xcom + $15 instant credit + $15 cashback after game comes out for 60 bucks. Gotta love pc gaming.

I got stupid bang for my buck. Mafia 2, The Darkness 2, Bioshock, 2x XCOM and 2x Infinite for just £24 what a bargain.

quaere

The story is a liberal wankfest and this is coming from a liberal.
It'll be fine, because liberals will interpret it as a criticism of religion, while conservatives will interpret it as a criticism of <insert other religion here>. Of course it's not meant to address <insert their religion here>, because that's the true religion.

Yerolo

I got stupid bang for my buck. Mafia 2, The Darkness 2, Bioshock, 2x XCOM and 2x Infinite for just £24 what a bargain.

Jeepers....and I thought I got a good deal for getting BS:I + the season pass for $55aud

Early pre-orderer blues :( All the good deal started coming out as soon as all those steam unlocks happened

Top Bottom