• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Andrew.

Banned
I am guessing tomorrow will be the longest day for you Andrew?

Actually tomorrow wont be that bad since Ill be getting it at midnight. The light will be clearly visible at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

This weekend has been killer though. Nothing Ive played has satisfied.

I seem to be having a tough time with my VPN. I was just sorting it out to make sure tomorrow would go smoothly but everytime I log in I just get the usual UK store show up. I am definitely connected to Australia. This might take a while...

CrazyDude

Actually tomorrow wont be that bad since Ill be getting it at midnight. The light will be clearly visible at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

This weekend has been killer though. Nothing Ive played has satisfied.

I have been getting through it with playing 999 and now VLR.

antitrop

I have an unopened copy of 999 sitting on my desk here.
I should play that. I bought it after the Giant Bomb end of the year discussion a few months back, Patrick sold me on it.

I also have an unopened copy of Halo 4 sitting next to me, too. But fuck consoles, I don't even know why I bought that, I'll never play it. I don't even like Halo.

JDMC13

I have a theory I was wondering if someone who has played it already could confirm.

Edit: Taking my theory to the spoiler thread.

Also, the sky-line rail stuff looks awesome.

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm slipping down the slope...

I'm looking at computer desks, which could lead to an excuse to build a new computer for my man-cave...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn dude. So Derrick....was right?

Was the lighting engine at least pretty cool looking?

Graphics/lighting are really nice, although the dynamic lights tend to pass through doors for some reason. I'm also really impressed with the number of NPCs they have in crowds. I'm having some fun with it and I got it fairly cheap but it seems like a game designed to make Derrick want to kill himself. The Instinct Mode is the worst assist mode I've ever seen added to a game. It gives far too much info but your disguises are worthless unless you're using it and you won't know what most buttons/switches do unless it's on.

I absolutely loved Absolution, I also loved Resident Evil 6 and Max Payne 3. Sorta loathed Dragons Dogma.

Gaf enemy number one.
Max Payne 3 was fucking amazing. No need to be ashamed of that one.

I also really disliked the demo for DD but maybe the full game is different.

KorrZ

Just bought this on Steam, pre-loading it now. I think this is the first major AAA release I've picked up on PC over console when given the choice. Framerate concerns were just a little too unsettling for me.

Free copy of Bioshock 1 and XCOM isn't too shabby though!

Andrew.

Banned
I also loved Resident Evil 6

Gaf enemy number one.

Im going back to RE6 after Infinite and admittedly from what Ive played so far, I really like it. The fact its so different from its predecessors is what gives it some real charm to me. I know there will undoubtedly be some shit moments coming up though. So far however, I think its pretty damn cool.

MP3 was my GOTY 2012

Im going back to RE6 after Infinite and admittedly from what Ive played so far, I really like it. The fact its so different from its predecessors is what gives it some real charm to me. I know there will undoubtedly be some shit moments coming up though. So far however, I think its pretty damn cool.

MP3 was my GOTY 2012

Andrew is your Infinite ready!!!!

I hated Absolution. Tedious. Getting around is just a constant pain in the ass due to the stupid way disguises work. The checkpoint system is horrific, and this in a game that at every turn tries to encourage experimentation and trial and error. Just some colossal misjudgments by the devs on that one.

Though, yes, it was very pretty.

DukeBobby

I hated Absolution. Tedious. Getting around is just a constant pain in the ass due to the stupid way disguises work. The checkpoint system is horrific, and this in a game that at every turn tries to encourage experimentation and trial and error. Just some colossal misjudgments by the devs on that one.

Though, yes, it was very pretty.

This pretty much sums up my feelings for the game.

MormaPope

Banned
Graphics/lighting are really nice, although the dynamic lights tend to pass through doors for some reason. I'm also really impressed with the number of NPCs they have in crowds. I'm having some fun with it and I got it fairly cheap but it seems like a game designed to make Derrick want to kill himself. The Instinct Mode is the worst assist mode I've ever seen added to a game. It gives far too much info but your disguises are worthless unless you're using it and you won't know what most buttons/switches do unless it's on.

Max Payne 3 was fucking amazing. No need to be ashamed of that one.

I also really disliked the demo for DD but maybe the full game is different.

The best advice I can give you for Absolution is the disguise system allows for more leeway with guards attacking you, you get 3 or 4 seconds of being in their line of sight instead of 1 second undisguised.

When disguised, sprinting, jogging, or crouching won't make guards anymore suspicious, meaning when disguised you still have to be stealthy and in the shadows. The only stealth rule while disguised is enemy sight lines and how long they focus on you, taking cover while disguised won't phase them, simply find and make your own paths as you go.

Absolution is a blast to play through once you understand the systems in place and how you can manipulate enemy AI.

Also the game never tells you this but once a guard is suspicious and is following you, going over to and using a pamphlet or laptop or whether contextual hiding place there is will make the guard not suspicious anymore, they'll stop following you and go back to where they came.

MP3 was my GOTY 2012

MP3 was my number 2 last year, if The Walking Dead wasn't so damn good it would've been my number 1.

DukeBobby

Absolution was garbage by the way!

Urngg.gif

Top Bottom