• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I've put 7-8 hours into this already, exploring every nook and cranny.

Is there someone here who has finished the game that I can PM, in regards to seeing how far into the game I've got?

Just wanted to see how much more content I've got left to love.

Amir0x

Banned
It was just stating the obvious on purpose.

I mean, I understand you're connected to the site (not sure if you wrote the review), but it really is poorly written. I honestly don't care about reviews and don't plan to give a shit about any Bioshock Infinite review, whether it's a 10/10 or a 0/10, but just felt the quality of the writing of the review on your site should be highlighted. It's nice you guys didn't need to be beholden to any embargo, but I think it's a case where it needed a lot of editing to be readable.

DSmalls84

Yeah I remember that from the Hitman OT. I was pretty popular on that forum despite never even visiting it :p

They were a bunch of shit sipping corporate fanboys anyway from what I was told. Ready to gobble up anything IO was giving them.

lol even more hilarious reading it in Adam Jensen voice.

BearPawB

Banned
Nobody is perfect, we aren't IGN, it's all a learning experience.
if you want to pass feedback comment on the review.

Well...now i feel awkward lol.

It feels like someone is trying to write well..and not doing a great job of it. Overly convoluted sentence structures and wording, that just make the review confusing

"Whilst"
"Booker is one character that you may just like." --what does this sentence mean? to me it infers that the other characters suck...but then you go on to praise elizabeth.

Bad grammar, "It’s never explains"

I appreciate the struggles of a small site... keep at it

Is there any risk or using a VPN with Steam? I like the idea of unlocking the game with AU, but I'll probably play it safe and just wait the day-difference and make some progress on my backlog.

Its frowned upon but from what I have read no one has ever been banned from it.

Yerolo

"If you lose health, you die." :eek:

I think that pic of Brad in BearPawB's avatar sums this up perfectly

dbfdt.jpg

lol

antitrop

Well...now i feel awkward lol.

It feels like someone is trying to write well..and not doing a great job of it. Overly convoluted sentence structures and wording, that just make the review confusing

"Whilst"
"Booker is one character that you may just like." --what does this sentence mean? to me it infers that the other characters suck...but then you go on to praise elizabeth.

Bad grammar, "It’s never explains"

I appreciate the struggles of a small site... keep at it

This is how I feel, as well. It's obvious that the site is just getting started and it's not where it should be yet, but I can at least appreciate that they're trying. The guy paid for the game himself and expressed his opinions to the internet, nothing really wrong with that.

sebianoti

Neo Member
I mean, I understand you're connected to the site (not sure if you wrote the review), but it really is poorly written. I honestly don't care about reviews and don't plan to give a shit about any Bioshock Infinite review, whether it's a 10/10 or a 0/10, but just felt the quality of the writing of the review on your site should be highlighted. It's nice you guys didn't need to be beholden to any embargo, but I think it's a case where it needed a lot of editing to be readable.

Yes i'm the founder, and i passed your comments to the reviewer.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yeah he really wanted to punch you in the face Derrick. Im sure the same thoughts many of us have on here sometimes.

I personally cant wait for the rain of shit you throw down this week amidst the racial theme uproar that will occur indubitably.

I want to punch Derrick in the face and he often espouses similar views to me.

sebianoti

Neo Member
This is how I feel, as well. It's obvious that the site is just getting started and it's not where it should be yet, but I can at least appreciate that they're trying.

We aren't getting started, in theory we are coming back since we struggled for the past few months. Site was born on 22/09/10

Even it he didn't, it still might turn into a small one.
That's a given though I'm confident that it won't be as big compared to this being released a few years back. All of the racist stuff in the game makes me want to freshen up on American history more than get angry. The racially based assumptions are absurd to the majority at this point in time.

Deadbeat

Banned
I don't think anything bad will blow up.
Ken Levine made a roofie joke and Twitter imploded, circling onto his account. People with loli and mlp avatars talking to him about whats inappropriate.

If theres anything for people to use as a soapbox in this game they will use it and there will be blog after shitty blog about political correctness (and I bet a thread or two on gaf as well).

FartOfWar

Banned
I've put 7-8 hours into this already, exploring every nook and cranny.

Is there someone here who has finished the game that I can PM, in regards to seeing how far into the game I've got?

Just wanted to see how much more content I've got left to love.

Me, of course. : )

Can someone else attempt to get into steam via an Australian VPN? I want to see if its just me or somehow steam has managed to stop connecting via a VPN.

Hey do you guys remember when this thread was about 2007 and old arcade games? Those were the days!

Tomorrow, on the other hand, will be THE day that I finally get my hands on Infinite! Is there any info out there about this alleged 10 gig texture pack? I might need to fire my computer up to download before heading off to work tomorrow.

First post in the thread - love the OP. Two questions for the folks here.

Where do you all plan to turn for unbiased reviews of this one? We all know the hype is going to overshadow objectivity on many reviews. It's been a while since I've looked at picking up a game on or near release.

Also - about how long does it take for Digital Foundry to get their comparisons up? I'm partial to the 360 controller for games like this, but I want the best console version (no PC here).

Eurogamer in particular, and the content especially. Its gonna get mostly rave reviews like all high production value games with huge budgets. Given that its a $60 game on PC - which is both expensive and cannot be traded/sold, I wanna make sure I don't regret waiting for a cheaper price. 2K games seem to slash the prices of PC games quit quickly.

Sblargh

Banned
This talk about people obviously being ticked off by racism sounds a bit like people expecting feminist fury over the new Tomb Raider when instead we got stuff like this: http://hellmode.com/2013/03/21/this-isnt-the-article-i-wanted-to-write-about-tomb-raider/

If the writing (and enviroment and atmosphere, etc) does justice to the theme, it can be dealt with, chances are it will even be progressive. On the 1920s people were openly racist, if that's the tone, then a good setting justifies it or else it's like saying Spike Lee movies are progressive because shows societies where no one is racist ever.

No message is offensive in a vacuum, it depends on how it is presented. Someone somewhere will find stuff offensive regardless, but "uproar" will only happen if the subject is cheapened somehow.

Ohwiseone

Damn.. My GameStop is doing a midnight thing. I might swing buy depending on how late I am at work on Monday night.

If not ill pick it up Tuesday.

Top Bottom