• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

papercamm

Absolution sharing time? I thought it was pretty funny how my friend would get fed up trying to kill that guy in the Chinatown market and ended up killing everybody.

Please, don't give us extreme liberals a bad name by lumping those insane people in with us.

I know which thread you were talking about and I didn't see much of GAF taking that side. Most of the comments were about how he should be killed and a bit of confusion over the 21 year prison sentence.

OT GAF looks like a Mitt Romney fan club compared to Reddit.

I'm a slightly left leaning atheist pragmatist, so practically everything makes me roll my eyes.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Shit, I need to finish the industrial revolution preorder game so I can get the rest of my preorder goodies.

I still have 40 more puzzles to do. Fuck.

Pat_DC

Ok caved in and bought it (with bioshock 1, x-com & spec ops the line I couldn't resist). Pre-loading now.

Was a big fan of BS 1's atmosphere and art direction but found the gun play to be pretty lacking so will be interesting to see how this goes.

I don't think you'd care for it.
I mean he doesn't even care for MOH: Warfighter. Spec Ops is not much better in terms of gameplay. The only thing that could save The Line is a good story, but we all know that the story is about US dudebro soldiers killing terrorists and be happy.

antitrop

I mean he doesn't even care for MOH: Warfighter. Spec Ops is not much better in terms of gameplay. The only thing that could save The Line is a good story, but we all know that the story is about US dudebro soldiers killing terrorists and be happy.
dalai-lama-laugh.gif

Can always rent games early from work - the idea is I can try them before they're released and them recommend them to customers. Was really looking forward to renting this, and we've had copies in since like Thursday but we've had a specific notice sent down that no staff are allowed early access to the game... Such a pain in the ass... I know i'll be getting it, but it's so frustrating that there have been copies there since thursday that I haven't been allowed to touch.

Shoulda went to PoopStop. You get it on the receipt son. Immediate gratifiction for us the entitled.

Lol my brother wanted xcom and the $30 2k credit will be great for the season pass and Civ 5 expansion. I really don't like poopstop money when I can. I've emailed customer service and they've escalated the issue, here's hoping I get the code before the game launches

Andrew.

Banned
Can always rent games early from work - the idea is I can try them before they're released and them recommend them to customers. Was really looking forward to renting this, and we've had copies in since like Thursday but we've had a specific notice sent down that no staff are allowed early access to the game... Such a pain in the ass... I know i'll be getting it, but it's so frustrating that there have been copies there since thursday that I haven't been allowed to touch.

Is the game then considered and sold as used since you opened it up and played it before Day 1 or do you just shrinkwrap it back up and sell it as new?

Although sometimes they arent wrapped at all. Never got that. Always disliked it.

i know the answer because I worked at a GS like ten years ago

Is the game then considered and sold as used since you opened it up and played it before Day 1 or do you just shrinkwrap it back up and sell it as new?

Although sometimes they arent wrapped at all. Never got that. Always disliked it.

i know the answer because I worked at a GS like ten years ago

We have shrinkwrapped retail copies and then rental copies that are opened up and those are the ones we can take home early. The retail copies are kept shrinkwrapped and display cases are put on the shop floor.

Andrew.

Banned

7230025_official-raiders-lookalike-thread---page-2---the-.jpg

We have shrinkwrapped retail copies and then rental copies that are opened up and those are the ones we can take home early. The retail copies are kept shrinkwrapped and display cases are put on the shop floor.

Yeah I get that, but are the copies you "rent" still sold as new when you're finished with them?

Amir0x

Banned

The writing in this review... is really friggin' bad at times. I mean, just take a sample out of the way he writes up about the visuals:

There’s no doubt Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game… but that’s to a certain extent. From a distance, environments tend to look gorgeous, and the lighting effects in some area will mesmerise you. But up close, the graphics are anything but impressive. Smaller items are textured the worst, becoming ever so blurry. At times, I half expected the texture to pop in at a high resolution, but nothing. The version I played on was the Xbox 360; whether the graphics are just as poor on the PS3 is a mystery to me. I just hope they aren’t on the PC, or else it just doesn’t matter which version you get as they’ll all look graphically bad.

He starts with how there is 'no doubt' that Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game, "to a certain extent." By the end of this paragraph, it's 'man I hope all this ugly isn't on PC too or else it's all gross!'

There's a lot of really awkward writing throughout the review, actually.

In terms of your health, you’ll need to replenish this as this goes down by eating food or finding health packs. If you lose health, you die.

"If you lose health, you die." :eek:

Talking about Hitman Abomination in this thread now? Well at least just about everyone's shitting on it, the way God intended.

You missed the link a couple days ago where someone on some hitmanforum website started a thread complaining about how "this guy named Derek on neoGAF pisses me off" (it was locked immediately)

OneLetter

So who will be joining me in Toronto tomorrow night?

749291913.jpg

Anyone going to one of our 5 main Midnight Openings? I'm still sad I won't be at the LA one for Nico Vega, since that's going to be amazing with all of the lights and everything.

Andrew.

Banned
You missed the link a couple days ago where someone on some hitmanforum website started a thread complaining about how "this guy named Derek on neoGAF pisses me off" (it was locked immediately)

Yeah he really wanted to punch you in the face Derrick. Im sure the same thoughts many of us have on here sometimes.

I personally cant wait for the rain of shit you throw down this week amidst the racial theme uproar that will occur indubitably.

Derrick01

Banned

Yeah I remember that from the Hitman OT. I was pretty popular on that forum despite never even visiting it :p

They were a bunch of shit sipping corporate fanboys anyway from what I was told. Ready to gobble up anything IO was giving them.

bumclot

really struggling with finding a VPN, anyone have suggestions? My usual FlyVPN isn't working.

Is there any risk or using a VPN with Steam? I like the idea of unlocking the game with AU, but I'll probably play it safe and just wait the day-difference and make some progress on my backlog.

sebianoti

Neo Member
The writing in this review... is really friggin' bad at times. I mean, just take a sample out of the way he writes up about the visuals:

He starts with how there is 'no doubt' that Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game, "to a certain extent." By the end of this paragraph, it's 'man I hope all this ugly isn't on PC too or else it's all gross!'

There's a lot of really awkward writing throughout the review, actually.

"If you lose health, you die." :eek:

It was just stating the obvious on purpose.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah I remember that from the Hitman OT. I was pretty popular on that forum despite never even visiting it :p

They were a bunch of shit sipping corporate fanboys anyway from what I was told. Ready to gobble up anything IO was giving them.

Im using this and NOT giving you credit for it.

antitrop

You guys are all tearing that review apart, I was just going with "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

First post in the thread - love the OP. Two questions for the folks here.

Where do you all plan to turn for unbiased reviews of this one? We all know the hype is going to overshadow objectivity on many reviews. It's been a while since I've looked at picking up a game on or near release.

Also - about how long does it take for Digital Foundry to get their comparisons up? I'm partial to the 360 controller for games like this, but I want the best console version (no PC here).

I personally cant wait for the rain of shit you throw down this week amidst the racial theme uproar that will occur indubitably.
I don't think anything bad will blow up. If so, publicity and a path forward to making games even more interesting to talk about.
Just get the HD collection. Those 3 games (Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money) are all great.
Thank you, GAF. Time to hit the wiki, look for a sale.

Top Bottom