• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Sblargh

Banned
Reviews will be around 9, someone will give it a 8.5 and will feel like speaking truth to power; then someone will give it a 7.5 and people will call bullshit and ask why he hates the game with so much fury like this.

GlamFM

Banned
Reviews will be around 9, someone will give it a 8.5 and will feel like speaking truth to power; then someone will give it a 7.5 and people will call bullshit and ask why he hates the game with so much fury like this.

From what I played so far I expect the scores to be between 70 and 85.
Or 4 stars at best from GiantBomb

antitrop

RPS. Sometimes. I'm still a little pissed at them for their New Vegas review and calling Dishonored the best stealth game since Thief 2.
Well, Dishonored was the most overrated game of last year. I think people were just desperate for something like it. It has a 92% on Metacritic, it's just not that kind of game to me.

Sblargh

Banned
It may sound like a stupid question, but once you preordered a game, do you read the review before playing it?

I never read reviews before playing a game I know I'll buy eventually, but I eat them all after playing it for some reason, I guess to find out if people agree with me or to get a fresh perspective on what I just experienced.

Amir0x

Banned
Okay our review of Bioshock Infinite was slightly updated after the amount of hate we got...
http://www.nave360.com/bioshock-infinite-review-before-rapture-there-was-columbia/

I gotta say, regardless of the state the review is in this second, that

a.) It's really cool you guys take criticisms at face value and don't take it too personally
b.) It's really cool you at least started the process of improving based on some of those criticisms

So, I never heard of Nave360 and whatnot, but it gained some respect in my book :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It may sound like a stupid question, but once you preordered a game, do you read the review before playing it?

I never read reviews before playing a game I know I'll buy eventually, but I eat them all after playing it for some reason, I guess to find out if people agree with me or to get a fresh perspective on what I just experienced.

I only want to hear what the generally agreed upon complaints are. Knowing the game's flaws going in helps me focus on the good and not get my hopes up for certain things only to wind up being let down by them.

I swear GT tries to find the most spoilery things they can possibly put into their reviews. They're worse than launch trailers.
I think they're trying to be clever by putting the spoiler parts in front of you hoping that you can't process it. I noticed that in many of their videos after finishing the game. I don't find it very clever.

sebianoti

Neo Member
I gotta say, regardless of the state the review is in this second, that

a.) It's really cool you guys take criticisms at face value and don't take it too personally
b.) It's really cool you at least started the process of improving based on some of those criticisms

So, I never heard of Nave360 and whatnot, but it gained some respect in my book :)

Thank you, we value feedback, we want to improve :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think they're trying to be clever by putting the spoiler parts in front of you hoping that you can't process it. I noticed that in many of their videos after finishing the game. I don't find it very clever.

They almost always show the final boss fights.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I try to be an informed consumer. I don't like relying on reviews and find that they often take away from my experience if I do choose to buy a game.

DukeBobby

What does Nave mean?

From Wikipedia:

In Romanesque and Gothic Christian abbey, cathedral basilica and church architecture, the nave is the central approach to the high altar, the main body of the church. "Nave" (Medieval Latin navis, "ship") was probably suggested by the keel shape of its vaulting.[1] The nave of a church, whether Romanesque, Gothic or Classical, extends from the entry — which may have a separate vestibule, the narthex — to the chancel and is flanked by lower aisles[2] separated from the nave by an arcade. If the aisles are high and of a width comparable to the central nave, the structure is sometimes said to have three naves.

I don't think it means this.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Im about 65% through the 360 version now based on my collectables numbers and I really really love it so far. It maintains momentum really well and I always want to push on to unravel the next thread of the story. I have hit a level breaking bug once and had to quit out and restart a section but thats my only issue. The sound design is incredible everything down to the balancing, the way music blends into combat and new areas and the choice of radio songs. It really brings the city to life.

I don't take much notice of review scores these days but if its not hitting the 90+ average something must go very wrong near the end.

Why is there a spoiler thread for this game before release?

Seriously.
Blame retailers for legitimate and not-so-legit releases. Steam really does a good job with release dates, as far as I've seen. I guess you can't break into a box full of games when the box doesn't actually exist and the game itself is scrambled up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Seriously.
I don't know man, i hate it. Almost clicked on that fucker. And the thread title needs a change if you ask me. The whole thread should be written in capslock for such a story important game.

The funny thing is it's mostly one guy posting there.

Seriously.

One guy wanted to vent his frustrations when he could have easily waited until Tuesday.

Why complain about something you can easily ignore or avoid? ...read the title, bam. I know not to go in there. So damn whiny...

And yeah, there are folks who got their hands on early copies sooo.. I really don't see the big deal.

Top Bottom