• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

NAPK1NS

S0DIgZZ.png

This is too good.
Fucking golden.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RT @jsparakov: @IGLevine Shawn Elliott spoil Anna Karenina and now this? --Only thing Elliott spoiled is the last 4 years of my life. ZING!

RT @AlanAlanNoMi: @IGLevine Please tell me there is a final boss in BI? PLEASE! --Sure, it's a big naked gold dude.

oh fuck now he spoils the end boss :eek:

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Levine twitter

RT @NotCJsEvilTwin: @IGLevine I have a weird rash on my arm any advice on how to get rid of it?? ---Steroidal creme and/or hacksaw.

So I'm watching the E32011 demo and I'm wondering how close to the feel of that presentation is the final game for those that have it. That E3 demo is soooo damn impressive. Just someone tell me it captures that same feeling.

~Kinggi~

Banned
DO NOT WATCH IF SENSITIVE TO SPOILERS FEATURES FIRST COMBAT SCENARIO

Okay with that out the way...

I did find two videos, one of the 360 version and another of the PS3 of the same portion of the game.

You can make your own conclusions:

PS3

Granted this may be using different capture cards, etc. But this is the best we have so far. Not exactly Digital Foundry, but it helps.

To me, it looks like the PS3 version runs at a slightly higher resolution, it just seems a little bit clearer, though I did notice more screen tearing.

Well i briefly skimmed this as it is spoiler heavy, but my quick conclusions are that i dont really detect any clarity or performance differences that stick out badly at 720p, and that both versions do seem to feature very low textures in areas (look at all the fruit bags, good god that be some low textures!)

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Question for anyone who's finished the game (story spoilers abound, I think I'm nearing the end):

I've reached the part where Fitzroy is dead and am now heading to Comstock. I didn't quite catch the logic behind why we're heading to Comstock? How will that get us off Columbia?

Vire

Well i briefly skimmed this as it is spoiler heavy, but my quick conclusions are that i dont really detect any clarity or performance differences that stick out badly at 720p, and that both versions do seem to feature very low textures in areas (look at all the fruit bags, good god that be some low textures!)

Nothing I saw looked any worse than Skyrim for console in terms of textures.

Be sure you look up the PC tweaks. There may be a sound issue for you as well. There are plenty of guides out there. But FOV fix and the sound fix are the two most important things for the PC version of Bioshock. It runs fantastically though once you've got it up and running.

I googled this and found out that the FOV issue was patched in the 1.1 patch. I'm not sure about the sound problem I may have but I'll wait and see.

SmithnCo

Haha, I love these tweets.

"RT @rogformer: @IGLevine if you had all the resources what outside property would you like to make into a game? ---my backyard."

Vire

Im sure thats the case, im just pointing out that its not like the ps3 version seems to be making use of that blu-ray space or anything. Maybe with audio..

It has nothing to do with space. It's about the ability to render.

I'm sure it could hold the largest size texture file, but it would run at a shit framerate.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It has nothing to do with space. It's about the ability to render.

I'm sure it could hold the largest size texture file, but it would run at a shit framerate.

Well in some cases thats true and in some it isnt, all depends on the game requirements. Which is why its worth noting.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Can we assume Ken's been lurking on this thread if he didn't respond to the Anna Karenina question with 'WTF are you talking about'?

Hi Ken!

Vire

Vire you getting the PC version for your Mac and running it on Bootcamp?

I might double dip... it's tempting

I can run Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 just fine on bootcamp, but Infinite may be a different beast! I dunno if the graphics card I have is good enough.

I paid off the 360 version, but I may switch to PS3 after seeing the video.

DO NOT WATCH IF SENSITIVE TO SPOILERS FEATURES FIRST COMBAT SCENARIO

Okay with that out the way...

I did find two videos, one of the 360 version and another of the PS3 of the same portion of the game.

You can make your own conclusions:

PS3

Granted this may be using different capture cards, etc. But this is the best we have so far. Not exactly Digital Foundry, but it helps.

To me, it looks like the PS3 version runs at a slightly higher resolution, it just seems a little bit clearer, though I did notice more screen tearing.

Thanks for this! I think I will go for the 360 version after seeing both videos, there is too much screen tearing in the PS3 version for me.
Screen tearing is my worst enemy, I just can't unsee it. But the PS3 version looks a little bit sharper indeed.

Well, got a long week of work and worrying about vet bills ahead of me, so I think I'll be sparse until Thursday, no wall of shame for me. Stay frosty and spoiler-free.

Pacing for me is fine, I think the story is not structure like other games that if you try to blitz through it and play it all on one sitting it'll feel kind of awkward. (Wouldn't know not done just assuming base on what I play, but yeah....)

So far I feel like the closes medium I can compare it to is a novel. It doesn't have predictable beats in the story like an Uncharted game or other shooters in general for that matter.

I really believe pacing will be a personal preference.

Sblargh

Banned
Pacing for me is fine, I think the story is not structure like other games that if you try to blitz through it and play it all on one sitting it'll feel kind of awkward. (Wouldn't know not done just assuming base on what I play, but yeah....)

So far I feel like the closes medium I can compare it to is a novel. It doesn't have predictable beats in the story like an Uncharted game or other shooters in general for that matter.

I really believe pacing will be a personal preference.

Are there clear places where you can save and turn off the game and not feel you are leaving in the middle of something? (are there levels?)
I'm replaying Bioshock now and it is surprisingly good at resolving some story arc each level so you can turn off the game without it being awkward. (am I crazy in having this problem?)

Are there clear places where you can save and turn off the game and not feel you are leaving in the middle of something? (are there levels?)
I'm replaying Bioshock now and it is surprisingly good at resolving some story arc each level so you can turn off the game without it being awkward. (am I crazy in having this problem?)

That's one of the biggest step backwards imo - no manual saving - it just saves after certain checkpoints. So make sure you see that autosave icon flash otherwise you'll have to redo a long area again, been there and it's not fun.

Vire

That's one of the biggest step backwards imo - no manual saving - it just saves after certain checkpoints. So make sure you see that autosave icon flash otherwise you'll have to redo a long area again, been there and it's not fun.

Huh... weird. Wonder why they took the option away.

Does anyone know if this is true of the PC version as well?

Top Bottom