• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

RetroMG

So I tried the "Can You Run It" on my computer, and it says I can run minimum, but for the reccomended, I have a GTX 550 and it requires a 560. LOL.

Funny thing is, it says it requires Pixel Shader 5.0 (Which I have,) Vertex Shader 5.0 (Which I have,) and 1024 mb Dedicated video RAM (I have 2.1 GB)

So I assume I'm fine.

Toparaman

Banned
Some of you have such a hard-on for Ken Levine, it's creepy. You're all fawning and cooing over him like he's your baby.

Anyway, is anyone besides me not going to just binge through the game? Seems like I'm far in the minority, but I don't enjoy games for hours on end. Usually don't play for more than an hour a day. Feels like I'm going to be left in the dust by the time I finish the game, but at the same time I don't want to rush through just to partake in the post-game discussion.

Some of you have such a hard-on for Ken Levine, it's creepy. You're all fawning and cooing over him like he's your baby.

Anyway, is anyone besides me not going to just binge through the game? Seems like I'm far in the minority, but I don't enjoy games for hours on end. Usually don't play for more than an hour a day. Feels like I'm going to be left in the dust by the time I finish the game, but at the same time I don't want to rush through just to partake in the post-game discussion.

I wish I had more time to enjoy it, only arrived on Saturday but really needed to finish it so I can review it. I would definitely recommend taking your time with it - the game's quite long and its a lot to take in in two days!

Are there clear places where you can save and turn off the game and not feel you are leaving in the middle of something? (are there levels?)
I'm replaying Bioshock now and it is surprisingly good at resolving some story arc each level so you can turn off the game without it being awkward. (am I crazy in having this problem?)

The game decides for you when you can take a break, so I think that may be a negative for you.

As people have said in this thread, no manual save as far as I can tell.

Toparaman

Banned
Huh... weird. Wonder why they took the option away.

Aren't there several parts of the game where you have a choice of actions in the game? Like, for example, in one of the trailers, you could let a guy get killed, or you could intervene. My guess is that the devs didn't want people saving right before each decision and then seeing how each one plays out. Rather they want you to have one narrative per playthrough, so you can potentially have a different narrative each time.

By the way, the people who've already finished the game are getting pretty loose about spoilers. It's kinda annoying, especially since the game technically hasn't even been released. Keep in mind guys: some of us haven't even played 30 mins. of the game.

When they were talking about all those PC features, I didn't see quick saves. I mean, it's only been a standard feature since Doom 1, I imagined it was gonna be there.

LOL me

When they were talking about all those PC features, I didn't see quick saves. I mean, it's only been a standard feature since Doom 1, I imagined it was gonna be there.

LOL me

Not just you man, I think it was a reasonable assumption considering the original Bioshock had manual saves even on consoles! I'm not too bothered, provided the saves are properly spaced. It mostly works well in a game like Halo for example where it saves before/after a major battle. It sort of forces you to think about how you're going to approach a battle, as opposed to quick saving your way through whatever it throws at you.

One things for sure, if there is no quick save then 1999 mode just got a whole lot harder!

You should read up on some of the games he's created over the years. Maybe you'd understand then.

What's the 15 additional gb's? I haven't heard about this.

It's the rest of the games HD textures. So even with my pre-load there is still additional shit to download rather than just an unlock portion which is typical of most pre-loads.

Jtrizzy

It's the rest of the games HD textures. So even with my pre-load there is still additional shit to download rather than just an unlock portion which is typical of most pre-loads.

Damn, why separate them into two downloads. That sucks I was hoping to play ASAP, plus that'll be an additional couple of hours to download that even after the unlock.

I really hope that this little snow/rain thing tomorrow doesn't stop amazon from sending my game on Tuesday which is suppose to be nice here cause I will rage like no tomorrow.

G_Berry

Banned
You should read up on some of the games he's created over the years. Maybe you'd understand then.

The fuck is this?????

quaere

Yeah the guy who was talking about the sound design was clearly high. That's the one thing that's been the most consistently brilliant in this game.
That was me and I stand by the comment. 360, analog out, stereo. Characters are inaudible when you're not facing them. I see the subtitle and then turn around to hear Elizabeth finish the end of whatever she was saying. Maybe something is wrong with my setup, but I was responding to another poster that said the same thing.

DukeBobby

Found this on Facebook:

xFsynvY.png

Game doesn't come out until Tuesday.

I look at the thread and it's over 6,000 posts long already....

Can someone tell me why?

I don't want to read the thread for fear of spoilers.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
That was me and I stand by the comment. 360, analog out, stereo. Characters are inaudible when you're not facing them. I see the subtitle and then turn around to hear Elizabeth finish the end of whatever she was saying. Maybe something is wrong with my setup, but I was responding to another poster that said the same thing.

Right, I can't hear what Elizabeth is saying on rare occasions when I'm not facing her, and a lot of audio diaries are being drowned out by other sounds. I'm talking about the overall soundscape created by the game if that makes sense - the effects, soundtrack and how they work together etc.

Hot Saucerman said:

Can someone tell me why?

Seems like a huge number of people have been able to get this game early. I got it on Friday in the UK. I had to call around a bit but it wasn't a problem to get it.

DukeBobby

Can someone tell me why?

Half of them are not even about Bioshock. We tend to go off topic quite a lot.

Don't worry, all spoilers are either tagged or those who didn't tag them have been banned.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Can someone tell me why?

Many mini discussions about topics that have nothing to do with the game, pretty much. :p

Disgusting. This feature has been standard for years.

Proper mouse support and 75 hz support were also standard for years and 2k was too cool to provide either in bioshock 1....
To this day I believe the game still basically emulates an analog stick,it has some horrible aim acceleration and the aiming is in steps not on a smooth curve.
Bioshock 1 was one of the most throwaway garbage ports I've had the displeasure of playing, I mean ubisoft levels of shittyness.

I remember one of their moderators suggesting people plug in their xbox controller when they asked if there was a fix for the controls in the making...

antitrop

Proper mouse support and 75 hz support were also standard for years and 2k was too cool to provide either in bioshock 1....
To this day I believe the game still basically emulates an analog stick,it has some horrible aim acceleration and the aiming is in steps not on a smooth curve.
Bioshock 1 was one of the most throwaway garbage ports I've had the displeasure of playing, I mean ubisoft levels of shittyness.

I remember one of their moderators suggesting people plug in their xbox controller when they asked if there was a fix for the controls in the making...

You didn't even mention the DRM scandal or the fucked FOV in 16:9.

B33

Banned
Is anyone interested in an Industrial Revolution code?

The first person to quote this will receive it in their personal message inbox.

Gone!

Jtrizzy

Is it really another 15 GIG??

It's gonna take fucking days to download that on my shit Australian internet :(

... Thanks Obama.
Yeah this kind of defeats the the purpose of pre loading. I'd rather have have than none, but why can't they just put it all in one.

Top Bottom