• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

antitrop

They probably thought you were actually going to give them a key to Spec Ops the Line.
tvE71.gif

Welp I finally finished up the industrial revolution game. God the last reward is a waste.

Yeah, it's a joke for sure. I used the avatar for my twitch.tv profile.

Curious, those that completed the Industrial Revolution which side did you tend to give the items to?

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I don't understand how some people can run through the different areas without looking at anything, or stopping to hear what npc's say. I am so glad I don't play games like an asshole.

I don't understand how some people can run through the different areas without looking at anything, or stopping to hear what npc's say. I am so glad I don't play games like an asshole.

I KINDA get this with such a story heavy game like this, though. Some people might even feel like they're in a race against time against spoilers. Just get the story done, know what happens, then go back and explore everything.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Dude the arrow told me to go this way, so if I don't go it's like not how it wants me to play k?

Some people really shouldn't make videos of gameplay.

I KINDA get this with such a story heavy game like this, though. Some people might even feel like they're in a race against time against spoilers. Just get the story done, know what happens, then go back and explore everything.

This dude I am watching literally faces walls while people are talking. I am lucky if he stops and looks at something for more than a second.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I agree with one of the posts before that the game is the most beautiful in the beginning, but from what I have seen so far, there is a lot to look at, and many different people to listen to.

I know everyone enjoys content in a different way, but I don't see the point in buying a game like this, only to run past everything, and click any button without stopping to see what it does. I guess they could play through it again, and take more time, but isn't everything most exciting the first time around?

Hmm, got to the checkout with the proxy for the UK GMG site but it gets stuck at the paypal check out. Any UK gaffers want to make my night :D Would obviously paypal the money first.

quaere

Right, I can't hear what Elizabeth is saying on rare occasions when I'm not facing her, and a lot of audio diaries are being drowned out by other sounds. I'm talking about the overall soundscape created by the game if that makes sense - the effects, soundtrack and how they work together etc.
Yeah overall presentation is incredible.

I was annoyed for about 5 minutes that this game was such a collectathon. Then I realized that's what actually disciplines me to explore every corner. And the overall experience is much better for it.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Two small questions:

How much of the game is subtitled? (Main dialogue only? Background things that the crowd says? Audio diaries?)

Can you use a controller on the PC version?

Magnus

The save sustem for this game baffles me. Why can't we just have save files? I tried to start a new game to show things to a friend and got warnings about my last checkpoint being erased.

Now, to find my original progress file, I had to load Chapter, which seems unintuitive. Makes it seem like I'm loading a generic bookmark in the game instead of my actual progress earlier.

Juice

Two small questions:

How much of the game is subtitled? (Main dialogue only? Background things that the crowd says? Audio diaries?)

If you can't use a controller on PC then I'm going to be frustrated with my purchase.

Magnus

I find it strange that Liz looks quite diff than she does in the trailers I've always seen. Even the way she looks on all the artwork that comes with the final version of the game. When did this change happen in development?

(Haircut, outfit specifically)

Toparaman

Banned
The save sustem for this game baffles me. Why can't we just have save files? I tried to start a new game to show things to a friend and got warnings about my last checkpoint being erased.

Now, to find my original progress file, I had to load Chapter, which seems unintuitive. Makes it seem like I'm loading a generic bookmark in the game instead of my actual progress earlier.

Wait a minute. You can't even have different save files? What is this, a Gameboy game?

Man, this is so bizarre. So let's say, after you start a new game, won't each Chapter save be overwritten as you progress through the new game?

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I find it strange that Liz looks quite diff than she does in the trailers I've always seen. Even the way she looks on all the artwork that comes with the final version of the game. When did this change happen in development?

Doesn't she cut her hair at some point? Or something like that? I haven't seen that yet.

So where the hell are people getting the info about an hd texture pack from? Apparently the console version is 6-7gb, how would it make sense that the PC version is 15gb with an additional 15gb?

People can change their clothes and haircuts. :p

Bloodsent

Two small questions:

I am curious about this as well. There are times where I find it difficult to hear the audio diaries in certain parts of Bioshock 1 and 2, and having the subtitles make it bearable. I want to assume it is there, but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't....

Two small questions:

From videos that I have watched there seems to be subtitles for almost everything, including imagery and advertisements. Though, I believe some of the music is not.

Also I believe there is controller support going by how Bioshock 1 and 2 both supported it. Not to mention a strong emphasis on Steam Big screen mode.

I am curious about this as well. There are times where I find it difficult to hear the audio diaries in certain parts of Bioshock 1 and 2, and having the subtitles make it bearable. I want to assume it is there, but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't....

In the pause menu there is an area in which you can relisten to audio diaries accompanied with text. Its the only way I could remember those room codes.

Preload completed pretty quick for me.

Does one have to have played Bioshock 2 to appreciate this? I played 1 and loved it, but passed on 2 for some reason I can't recall.

Magnus

Wait a minute. You can't even have different save files? What is this, a Gameboy game?

Man, this is so bizarre. So let's say, after you start a new game, won't each Chapter save be overwritten as you progress through the new game?

I'm honestly having trouble making sense of how it works.

We started a new game for my friend, and got to four auto save checkpoints which now show up as chapters under ' load chapter. '

Immediately before the first one in that menu is my chapter auto save from my main play through. It's very unintuitive.

So, at the end of the day, if you have multiple playthroughs going, their chapter auto saves appear to all be listed in one list (load chapter), ordered by whichever was most recently played/autosaved.

It's terrible.

I hope I'm making sense.

Alternatively, you can just hit Continue and have it load your last saved chapter autosave.

And yeah, it would seem the only appropriate time to stop playing the game is immediately after a chapter autosave. You'll lose progress otherwise.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

God, PS4 auto save state for all games can't come soon enough.

quaere

Two small questions:

I have a subtitle option on. It's only primary character dialog. Background things are not subtitled. Audio diaries are not subtitled. Now, there may be another subtitle option I did not turn on, I'm not in game right now so I can't check.

I'm honestly having trouble making sense of how it works.

We started a new game for my friend, and got to four auto save checkpoints which now show up as chapters under ' load chapter. '

Immediately before the first one in that menu is my chapter auto save from my main play through. It's very unintuitive.

So, at the end of the day, if you have multiple playthroughs going, their chapter auto saves appear to all be listed in one list (load chapter), ordered by whichever was most recently played/autosaved.

It's terrible.

That sounds shitty, but really, why would you need multiple playthroughs going at once?

So where the hell are people getting the info about an hd texture pack from? Apparently the console version is 6-7gb, how would it make sense that the PC version is 15gb with an additional 15gb?

System Requirements:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
Video Card Memory: 512 MB
Sound: DirectX Compatible
Recommended:

Processor: Quad Core Processor/li>
Memory: 4GB
Hard Disk Space: 30 GB free
Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Video Card Memory: 1024 MB

Preload completed pretty quick for me.

Does one have to have played Bioshock 2 to appreciate this? I played 1 and loved it, but passed on 2 for some reason I can't recall.

You don't have to play either to appreciate Infinite. There may be referential items skewed about, but on the whole this game is a kinda sorta a prequel.

Though, I would highly recommend playing through Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den because I like good video games and hate it when people don't play good video games.

System Requirements:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
Video Card Memory: 512 MB
Recommended:

Processor: Quad Core Processor/li>
Memory: 4GB
Hard Disk Space: 30 GB free
Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Video Card Memory: 1024 MB

This isn't really confirmation of anything. Got a dev quote or something concrete?

That sounds shitty, but really, why would you need multiple playthroughs going at once?

I'm planning on playing through the game at the same time as my girlfriend. I'll be playing hard (or 1999) and she'll be playing normal.

This is actually a pretty important feature for me!

Magnus

Wouldn't you just give them a different profile on your console? I mean, all of my friends just have an offline profile saved on my Xbox.

In all honesty, I didn't realize that's how it worked....lol, and I've had a ps3 since day one. Go figure. I basically just hand them the controller and tell them to create a new file, since many games still operate that way.

Would be a pain to quit the game, create a new profile, restart the game. I even suggest that kind of process to some friends and they're just like 'Dont bother'.

Side note: Totally think I just heard an Inglourious Basterds reference.

Auction house in Finkton; Nine nine nine!

This isn't really confirmation of anything. Got a dev quote or something concrete?

Well, when your preload is 15gbs and the minmum is 20gbs to play that implies at a minimum that there is at least a little bit more to d/l to play and a lot to play at higher resolutions. I'm sure there are dev quotes out there, I haven't been looking though.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Only thing that drives me nuts is not being able to pre-load the HD textures.

I wanna be able to play the second the game unlocks---but no...I gotta wait for 10-15gbs of textures to download :(

antitrop

Yeah, it's funny, this thread will fly at an alarming rate, and then screech to a halt, till the Night Owl gaf jump in at 3 am and start it back up again.

I'm replaying Spec Ops: The Line for the 4th time on Suicide, halfway done only started like an hour and a half ago. The last time I played it though was Halloween, so it's been a bit.

Top Bottom