• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So hs this unlocked on Steam yet in New Zealand or are they sharing Australia's scheduled?

The latter. ~2hr20m to go.

Can anyone tell me how I go about unlocking the game early via VPN? Never done that before.

Exit Steam; run FlyVPN; select the Australian server (which is among the US server list for some reason); ensure the VPN is working (just type "what's my ip" into Google and see if it's changed); open Steam; unlock the game and switch to Offline Mode until it's unlocked in your region.

Exit Steam; run FlyVPN; select the Australian server (which is among the US server list for some reason); ensure the VPN working (just type "what's my ip" into Google and see if it's changed); open Steam; unlock the game and switch to Offline Mode until it's unlocked in your region.

Thanks a bunch!

vladdamad

When you guys say the intro is the best part of the game, how many hours does that last approximately? Also, are the environments as spectacular as the first game (no spoilers please)? I remember being absolutely blown away at the sight of Fort Frolic, Arcadia, etc

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
from IG's twitter

BGJpxZ2CQAAd2oN.jpg:large

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
When you guys say the intro is the best part of the game, how many hours does that last approximately? Also, are the environments as spectacular as the first game (no spoilers please)? I remember being absolutely blown away at the sight of Fort Frolic, Arcadia, etc

For me, the intro is the best so far, but I still have the endgame to play. I took everything in and it lasted a good 90 minutes I think.

As for the environments, no (not yet). There's just not the variety that you had in Bioshock. Also it's just indoors mostly, not much feeling of traversing a floating city. This links back to the point of the intro being the best part, where it really nails the idea of getting to grips with Columbia.

I bought my 7950 a couple of days ago, I get my bioshock key almost immediately, my crysis 3 key is nowhere to be seen though. Did they run out?

If you had X's all over your Crysis 3 key, then email their support. I had the same issue and got a key within the hour of emailing them.

IGN review is out so early, must have been paid off.

One day I would really love to see someone bring some evidence to these stupid statements.

vladdamad

For me, the intro is the best so far, but I still have the endgame to play. I took everything in and it lasted a good 90 minutes I think.

As for the environments, no (not yet). There's just not the variety that you had in Bioshock. Also it's just indoors mostly, not much feeling of traversing a floating city. This links back to the point of the intro being the best part, where it really nails the idea of getting to grips with Columbia.

Aw man... Well at least the story looks intriguing enough for me to slog through the boring parts. I've never cared much about gameplay in Bioshock, it was always mostly about piecing together the backstory of the world that drew me in.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BOOKER, ARE YOU AFRAID OF GOD? NO BUT I'M AFRAID OF YOU.

Fuck me, i'm so excited!!

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Aw man... Well at least the story looks intriguing enough for me to slog through the boring parts. I've never cared much about gameplay in Bioshock, it was always mostly about piecing together the backstory of the world that drew me in.

Oh there's plenty of (brilliant) backstory, don't worry about that. I just felt like the environments themselves weren't wowing me with perhaps a couple of exceptions:
Hall of Heroes and maybe Battleship Bay

vladdamad

Oh there's plenty of (brilliant) backstory, don't worry about that. I just felt like the environments themselves weren't wowing me with perhaps a couple of exceptions:
Hall of Heroes and maybe Battleship Bay

That's good to hear. Not gonna highlight that spoiler though, I want everything to be a surprise first time round. Looking forward to it! CVG should be up in around five minutes right?

That deadpan comment sounded funnier in my head, oops.

How significant is the HD texture pack likely to be? Want to play through the intro in two hours and then let this pack download tomorrow while I'm at class.

How corrupt is Eurogamer? It's the website that Wainwright was working for wasn't it?
There's been rumblings of a few secret back-ally murders and links to the Illuminati, but I'm not sure if that has any impact on their ability to review videogames or not.

The inevitable slew of tens and nines doesn't really change my excitement one way or the other. Hell, Sterling giving something a glowing review could mean anything
except for him genuinely liking the game

aravuus

How corrupt is Eurogamer? It's the website that Wainwright was working for wasn't it?

hahahahaha

e: fantastic scores though, was expecting nines and a few eights, not tens and a few nines. going to try that vpn thing out, i really want to play already

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My Premium Edition order has disappeared from Amazon despite getting a discount on it and recieving the preorder bonuses :'(

Guess I may be headed to Best Buy first thing tomorrow morning

The first Bioshocks were too creepy for me, but these reviews are tempting me to buy this one. Do you think it will be as creepy as the first two ?

Damn you RPS and people's inability to sum up your score-less reviews in easy to digest fractions.

Skipped to the conclusion to avoid spoilers (didn't even look at the screenshots!), but they seem to be echoing what early players in this thread were saying in that it's not as 'memorable' as the original Bioshock. I guess a game could still be far better than Bioshock gameplay-wise but still not be as memorable?

I hope it doesn't have a shit ending like Bioshock 1 which also got high praise.
Didn't everybody collectively shit on Bioshock's terrible multiple endings though? Even Bioshock 2 handled that a million times better.

Shit either ends as a Hallmark TV movie or you emerging from the ocean as Splicer Hitler. Both have jack all to do with what the rest of the game was about.

Zeliard

Despite the scores and general heavy praise, the text of some of the reviews brings up some concerns. CVG reviewer for one mentions that there's a lot more gunplay than in the previous Bioshocks and fewer moments of tranquility. It's sort of what I expected but not what I was hoping for.

And the Eurogamer review basically says that the game's environments are even more linear than the previous Bioshocks.

Top Bottom