• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Myaora

Neo Member
Those reviews are incredible, if not indulgent, and certainly have managed to re-light the spark within me I'd thought lost after some less than stellar impressions. What was once careful optimism has once again soared as high as Colombia itself, hype is a fickle thing to someone as easily influenced as I though xD.

Anywho, I imagine the weak mid-part must make way for one incredible ending to garner such a raving reception. Anyone got any toughts on the finale so far? (No spoilers, just general feelings, does it make up for the lesser mid-section of the game?)

Yerolo

steamoy.jpg

unlockj.jpg

mybodyisreadyrandom3157.png

Zeliard

Ken said that 1999 mode was not going to be simply adjusting sliders... but it sounds that some dude at IG sat down for 15 minutes and turned couple of things up and turned some things down and said "done!! ship it, under the Konami code LULZ"*

*according to IGN and PCGamer at least.

Yeah we really haven't had proper impressions of 1999 mode, though I've only looked a couple reviews. Any reviews out there talk about it more?

Mostly so far the impressions seem to come from people who beat the game, unlocked 1999 mode, and then shot a couple of enemies with it. Hard to really tell what the effect of the mode is unless you've at least put a few hours into it and the economic choices you've made start to have an effect.

Sblargh

Banned
I just can't bring myself to have faith in review scores. Seems like the game needed to be seriously broken to be in the 7-8 range instead of the 9-10 just by being "The Bioshock Sequel Years In The Making".

It seems to me it would always get at leat a 9 just by existing and not being shit.

gdt

Fuck me considering using a VPN to unlock the game. But

A) Downloading the other 15 GIGS will take forever using a VPN.

B) Then I have to keep steam in offline mode, which always fucks with my achievements. Now, I'm not an achievement whore, but it drives me nuts that that happens. Like, for Tomb Raider, I have all the story achievements except for some in the middle when I lost connection or something. The very last story cheevo too.

ekim

B) Then I have to keep steam in offline mode, which always fucks with my achievements. Now, I'm not an achievement whore, but it drives me nuts that that happens. Like, for Tomb Raider, I have all the story achievements except for some in the middle when I lost connection or something. The very last story cheevo too.

You can preload right now from every location worldwide.

Sblargh

Banned

Yeah, I did that for Civ 5 and felt silly a day later because of all the hassle I went through just to not wait half a day.

You can preload right now from every location worldwide.

Apparently, there's a 15GB texture pack to be downloaded after the preload.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You can start the download and then disable the VPN. Also, is a further download confirmed or just an assumption based on the fact the game needs ~30GB of free space? Allowing people to pre-load only half the game's data would strike me as rather... stupid.

Edit: And Offline Mode disabling achievements depends on the game, so you might get lucky here.

R1CHO

These regional unlocks are bullshit.

You can start the download and then disable the VPN. Also, is a further download confirmed or just an assumption based on the fact the game needs ~30GB of free space? Allowing people to pre-load only half the game's data would strike me as rather... stupid.

Edit: And Offline Mode disabling achievements depends on the game, so you might get lucky here.

There is an HD pack.

Yerolo

If you guys are still online in 1hr all will be revealed. I will post once mine unlocks on what is the story with that

What is "the other 15 GIGS", I thought the preload downloaded nearly everything?

Seriously considering a VPN as soon as I get home from work.

Derrick01

Banned
It got a glowing review from RPS. You must be happy, right? Right?

I don't know I'm trying to read it. I just woke up about 10 minutes ago so seeing that giant wall of text is kind of making me say fuck off at 9 am.

What I do know is that everyone jizzed over Bioshock 1 with similar scores and it was one of the worst games I played in 2007. I don't put a lot of stock into reviews anymore.

Zeliard

This part of the RPS review makes me a bit sad:

RPS said:
why we see or hear almost nothing of how the practicalities of living in the clouds work

;_;

Not too surprised since Levine likes to go light on lore for the most part, but still. Stuff like that is cool.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone hook me up with an Aussie VPN? I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Ken Levine <3

Exit Steam; run FlyVPN; select the Australian server (which is among the US server list for some reason); ensure the VPN is working (just type "what's my ip" into Google and see if it's changed); open Steam; unlock the game and switch to Offline Mode until it's unlocked in your region.

Zeliard

New Nvidia driver for Bioshock Infinite:

http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

This is the GeForce Game Ready driver for BioShock Infinite, delivering up to 41% faster performance.

Instantly apply optimal game settings for BioShock Infinite with GeForce Experience.

New in GeForce 314.22 Drivers

Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are a few examples:
GeForce GTX 680:
Up to 41% faster in BioShock Infinite
Up to 60% faster in Tomb Raider
Up to 23% faster in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 13% faster in Sleeping Dogs
GeForce GTX 680 SLI:
Up to 21% faster in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 14% faster in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 10% faster in StarCraft II
Up to 15% faster in Civilization V
NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army – Added DX11 SLI profile
Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter – Added DX9 SLI profile
BioShock Infinite – Added AO profile
NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds the following profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):
MUD - rated Good
Brutal Legend - rated Good
Tomb Raider - updated rating to Good
NVIDIA CUDA
Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit

Top Bottom