• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Geoff9920

Bioshock 1. Story, pretentious ramblings from several characters for most of the game (audio diaries didn't help there), spectacle of Rapture and sometimes of it collapsing, in game cutscenes etc. It certainly wasn't a gameplay oriented game coming from SS2.
Fair enough. If you're expecting System Shock 2 in the clouds I can see why this might not be for you.

beastmode

Can somebody explain what the religious discussion in the game is like, is it the anti-theist stuff that's popular these days?
It seems to imply that religion
is the cause of all evil in the entire BioShock universe.

Don't highlight that if you're insanely cautious about being spoiled.

DukeBobby

Yeah the unpacking is taking FOREVER!!!!!!

image.php

seldead

while its unpacking i noticed theres a lot of strange betas to join if someone else would care to give it a deeper look, im quite tired right now.

EDIT: 'pc review build, press tour, empty, feb2013' seems to have all of the more recent builds

Phionoxx

Huh, VPN seems to be working for me. I am in the US, steam let me launch it, has about a 10 min update first, doesn't show a file size for whatever it is downloading, but safe to say it's not a 10gb plus HD texture pack as my internet is nowhere near fast enough to reflect that.

Yerolo

Yeh, there is definately no 10Gb texture patch....but there is an update, appears to be maybe be a couple of hundred MB

Whether there is an optional one to be released is to be seen

Reviews look good. Trying to stay away from reading them. I'm surprised my NewEgg order hasn't been charged yet and ! am not sure I will be able to wait till Thursday to play it.

Can somebody explain what the religious discussion in the game is like, is it the anti-theist stuff that's popular these days?
Hard to put a good measure on it. It's not like there's a mission to stop a priest running around groping children. There are some historical moments where religion is exploited in order to gain power, which is accurate.

Phionoxx

WILL ACHIEVMENTS WORK IF I PLAY OFFLINE?! Do they sync on steam once I go back on? I must know!

Depends on the game, but for the most part, yes. Achievements should sync up just fine once you go back online, although it may not record date and time when the achievement was earned.

seldead

Wow, in the betas it even has one called " Version RTM:eek:riginal version of the game" wonder what that means?

EDIT: I'll post again at the top of the page. It seems all the old builds are built into the beta client and are available to update to. this could turn out very interesting, definitely an accident on their part.

The first BioShock was more about the world than the combat and you didn't like that, so I'm not sure why you're faulting Infinite for going in the opposite direction.

Ayn Randian philosophy is worse then getting a kick in the crotch. I still enjoyed it, but, I hate Ayn Rand.

Man how long does unpacking usually take on Steam? I had this game fully pre-loaded and the percentage bar has been sitting at 100% for ten minutes now.

Top Bottom