• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Man how long does unpacking usually take on Steam? I had this game fully pre-loaded and the percentage bar has been sitting at 100% for ten minutes now.
It's decrypting. It takes a while depending on your hardware. You still save a lot of time from downloading, though. The bottleneck is usually the network.

Man how long does unpacking usually take on Steam? I had this game fully pre-loaded and the percentage bar has been sitting at 100% for ten minutes now.

Steam has to check the files and make sure they're all there, mine says 99% and downloading but there is no bandwidth meter, just the progress bar going up. It will launch when there verified I imagine

Will any beautiful UK based folk accept my paypal bucks in full for a copy of the game on the UK GMG store? I only ask because my friend who agreed to do so went to bed and I want to get this going before school in a few hours. Otherwise I won't be able to play for a good few weeks if the sale ends. Believe everyone knows how paypal works but it will cost you nothing but a minute or two as I'd gift you the cost of the game (and you would pay for it with that money). Would appreciate it! (my one begging post for the year)

Edit: A gaf member came through, thank you so much although I'll keep your identity private!

REV 09

anyone manage to get XCOM to show up from the GMG deal? if i add the bundle to my cart it looks like XCom isn't included.

sikkinixx

Fuck my 128GB SSD just ain't cutting it no more. Having to move games around to the slow ass 500GB drive is a pain in my ass... All I wanna do is pre load the game *sob*

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
What?

Uncharted 3 is the game in the series that takes away the control from the player the most, and you liked that the most?

Uncharted 3's approach to combat was much more about open sandbox-y arenas compared to previous Uncharteds. That's why I liked it less, that's probably why Derrick liked it more.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but that's the obvious difference in the game that seems to play into his tastes.

Ayn Randian philosophy is worse then getting a kick in the crotch. I still enjoyed it, but, I hate Ayn Rand.

If you hate her, why wouldn't you enjoy a game where the entire world is an elaborate portrayal of the failure of objectivism?

Bricky

Sorry to break the VPN-unlock hype with a question, but does anyone know how fast Gamesplanet delivers their key's usually? I want to preload and maybe even try to play a bit of Infinite today, but it says that validation is pending for my order and has done so for quite some time now.

Guys halp. My PC meets all the recommended specs apart from the video card, which is a Radeon 6800 (rec = 6950). Will it still be preferable to the console versions?

God fucking dammit. The FlyVPN trial server is full so it won't let me connect. Any other free alternatives?

edit: lol i'm in firs try after posting this comment

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, in the betas it even has one called " Version RTM:eek:riginal version of the game" wonder what that means?

EDIT: I'll post again at the top of the page. It seems all the old builds are built into the beta client and are available to update to. this could turn out very interesting, definitely an accident on their part.

Old builds being included isn't exactly an uncommon occurrence. Here's Darksiders 2, for instance:

ds2betasvern.jpg

G_Berry

Banned
Why does this file verification have to happen after launch? Could it not verify the files whenever??

God still 6 mins..................

Burger

Do any beautiful UK based folk want to accept my paypal bucks in full for a copy of the game on the UK GMG? I only ask because my friend who agreed to do so went to bed and I want to get this going before school in a few hours. Otherwise I won't be able to play for a good few weeks. Believe everyone knows how paypal works but it will cost you nothing but a minute or two. Would appreciate it! (my one begging post for the year)

Why can't you do it? (genuine question, I'm not being snarky).

Gonna have a coffee, try to get about an hour in and then collapse into bed.

Stupid 1am release time, JaseC is probably laughing
in his Soarise shrine

Zeliard

Anyone finish unlocking? Check and see if there's a high-res texture option in the menu. Maybe the high res textures are already included?

Guys halp. My PC meets all the recommended specs apart from the video card, which is a Radeon 6800 (rec = 6950). Will it still be preferable to the console versions?

hard to say without the rest of your specs, but I would say yes. You may need to run at 720p or 900p or whatever other resolutions your monitor supports. But I would say yes.

Oemenia

Banned
My conservative Philosophy teacher hated her because he believes she hated humans and only saw us as products.
I hate her more because of the fact that shes spawned so many pretentious self-absorbed kids.
Hard to put a good measure on it. It's not like there's a mission to stop a priest running around groping children. There are some historical moments where religion is exploited in order to gain power, which is accurate.
Fair enough, I guess I just need to play the game now and see for myself. A classic example would be Xenogears but much like its primary influences such as Nietzsche, theres much more than whats at face value.

One game that really handled the subject well was the first Assassins Creed game, I actually loved it and hearing the victims talk about their motivations right before they died gave your assignments a lot more meaning (especially when you compared what they said to you Al-Muallims).

Anyone finish unlocking? Check and see if there's a high-res texture option in the menu. Maybe the high res textures are already included?
2 minutes here. I'll report back.

Update complete, installing DirectX etc.

*Nothing about high res texture pack in options. However, there is texture detail and texture filtering options which can go to ultra.

Why can't you do it? (genuine question, I'm not being snarky).

GMG accounts are tied to your address and my paypal uses my main email. I tried using a new account but given it uses the credit card tied to the other account it wouldn't work. I don't have all that much free money so the UK deal is really the only way I can grab it while remaining responsible (the rest in my account is for necessities)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My decrypting timer keeps counting up 2 minutes 41 seconds, 42 seconds, 43 sec. etc. instead of going down :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gonna have a coffee, try to get about an hour in and then collapse into bed.

Stupid 1am release time, JaseC is probably laughing
in his Soarise shrine

I can't play it -- or rather, play much of it -- until the weekend. :( You're right about that second part, though. :p

gossi

Re VPN's - I pay a medium amount for ExpressVPN, which gives VPN servers in, like, lots of countries. They aren't overpacked, and so actually worked. On one hand I hate paying; on another hand, it actually works.

Top Bottom