• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Does anyone know if the german version of the game includes the english synchronisation and is not a debacle like it was with Dishonored, where you only had the choice between german and french?

I don't know if I should buy it in the local store or order it from England.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Does the wait seem infinite?

It does but the loading bar acts like it should, so i guess it works!?

Edit: ah there we go now the timer isn't fucked up anymore and it says 4 minutes left!

Derrick01

Banned
What?

Uncharted 3 is the game in the series that takes away the control from the player the most, and you liked that the most?

Considering Uncharted has some of the worst designed gameplay in TPS history, yes.

Ape_Agape said:
Uh... ok then

It's not hard to understand. Bioshock didn't have good gameplay at all. If I wanted more of that then I wouldn't have listed it as a complaint.

Quesa

He's talking about the RPS review in the first quote you picked out, and he can still make the argument the combat is not good.

He's equivocating the focus on combat as a bad thing when he mentions he prefers gameplay to spectacle, and he actually can't make the argument that the combat is bad, since he hasn't played it, as far as I know.

Rock said:
I think, though, that BioShock: Infinite might be a victim of its storyline to some degree: though more complete than BioShock’s, and far more fleshed out than Dishonored’s, it’s in the way of the game, this fantastical movie plot and its rollercoaster spectacle arguably transforming the mechanics of combat and exploration into something just to be got through in the hungry pursuit of Finding Out What Happens.

If this is how I end up feeling about the game as well...

I warned you Andrew! I told you I'd be insufferable! *foaming at the mouth*

Have fun though, seriously :p

Burger

GMG accounts are tied to your address and my paypal uses my main email. I tried using a new account but given it uses the credit card tied to the other account it wouldn't work. I don't have all that much free money so the UK deal is really the only way I can grab it while remaining responsible (the rest in my account is for necessities)

Surely your Paypal isn't tied to your GMG account? Just use a bogus address.

Surely your Paypal isn't tied to your GMG account? Just use a bogus address.

I did and it wouldn't work :/ Tried with a VPN which I've done before and it just wouldn't go through. Stopped to make sure I wasn't overcharging which it wasn't, it just wouldn't accept the money through the vpn. I have the money in my account though so just hoping someone could take it and buy one for me.

Dylan

Considering Uncharted has some of the worst designed gameplay in TPS history, yes.

It's not hard to understand. Bioshock didn't have good gameplay at all. If I wanted more of that then I wouldn't have listed it as a complaint.

We're getting a little hyperbolic here. Neither game was perfect by a long shot but there were obviously redeeming qualities in both. Especially considering the games that were coming out during the same time as the original Bioshock; I think it held its own in many ways.

AwRy108

Screen-Shot-2013-03-24-at-5.25.17-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2013-03-24-at-5.24.50-AM.png

Those idiots posting the replies are the ones inserting the "rape" scenario into Ken's Tweet, not once does his imply or refer to anything other than being drugged.

Zeliard

I'd love to try a VPN solution but have no idea how to do it. Debating whether it's worth it for this one instance or not.

It's exceedingly simple. Download FlyVPN, use the free trial username/pw they give you, pick one of the Korea servers to connect to, then log into Steam and it will finish downloading the last bits and then unpack the files. Then just play with Steam in offline mode until it officially releases in your region.

Dylan

Steam offers benchmark tool when you start from Steam. It's superb.

This is great!

Though I don't understand why this isn't available for all games right from the Steam product page. It'd be way easier to decide if I'm going to buy a game on Steam if I could run a quick benchmark test right then and there.

Those idiots posting the replies are the ones inserting the "rape" scenario into Ken's Tweet, not once does his imply or refer to anything other than being drugged.
I don't know. Jeff was glowing during that interview from last week. In all seriousness, it's only a single tweet though. The man is killing it with the jokes.

Top Bottom