• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

So after successfully going on media blackout for this game, I listened to the Gametrailers review, clicked back to see the final score, and accidentally scrolled down just a bit on the mousewheel and I'm pretty sure the first comment was a huge fucking spoiler.

Fuck people.

quaere

Hmm just fired it up from Steam and the sound issue I've been complaining about in this thread from the 360 version (dialog inaudible if you are not facing the speaker) is NOT present in the PC version. Pretty much confirms this is a bug and not intended behavior, I would avoid 360 if you want the best audio experience.

So after successfully going on media blackout for this game, I listened to the Gametrailers review, clicked back to see the final score, and accidentally scrolled down just a bit on the mousewheel and I'm pretty sure the first comment was a huge fucking spoiler.

Fuck people.
I'm pretty sure that was all your fault. Still, f*ck people.
Yeah I hate it when people like things, too.
It's the falling out of the liking later that disappoints. It's still far from a bad game at the very least.

Zep

Banned
Just read up on 1999 mode after seeing that screenshot. For a game like this, I can't think of a better way to play(and be frustrated).

I'm pretty sure that was all your fault. Still, f*ck people.

If by fault you mean, I scrolled a click or two as a habit while I was closing the window out, yes. Still, the top comment on a review of a game that is in the process of being released is dickish as hell.

Yep, fuck people.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm worried this is an old topic, but is there a reason that a game guarunteed to sell well like this one is being bundled with XCOM and other games in every online store like it needs some kind of help? I ain't complaining...ha.

FartOfWar

Banned
Shawn Elliott said it would "autoload" which implies there's something to load. He didn't say "it's included in the original game download."

Looks like you already missed my gloating post, so I guess you'll have no trouble forgetting. ;_;

Yeah, I didn't know exactly. Just knew you wouldn't need to do anything special or take additional steps.

If by fault you mean, I scrolled a click or two as a habit while I was closing the window out, yes. Still, the top comment on a review of a game that is in the process of being released is dickish as hell.

Yep, fuck people.

surprised their mods haven't removed it then, but yea fuck people

Woo. Unlocked an opened. Did a quick check through the options.... and closed the game.

Time to sort through the config files, inspector, etc etc....

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Yep, fuck people.

Commentors are definitely dicks, but come on. You maintained a complete blackout and then chose to go to Gametrailers for a review of all places. Sometimes we bring heartache on ourselves.

antitrop

And what is that? Care to explain? x_x

It's exceedingly simple. Download FlyVPN, use the free trial username/pw they give you, pick one of the Korea servers to connect to, then log into Steam and it will finish downloading the last bits and then unpack the files. Then just play with Steam in offline mode until it officially releases in your region.
I don't need to, Zeliard already did.

Moobabe

Seems like a 2K thing. As with Borderlands 2, it's a gamble. Bought it much later at less than half the price on GMG.

I don't care about weapons or skins (that seem to be in the bonus pack thing) but more stories involving different characters in/around Columbia would be pretty cool.

Ghost23

I don't have time to read the reviews, but does anyone mention how implemented the rails are? It was a big driving force when the game was first announced, but I feel as though they have moved away from that.

The checkpoint design especially sucks for exploring. I've been messing around in the
fair
making a bit of money but I can't stop until I finish everything.

I wanna go to bed :(

I have to stop playing for an hour or so and wait for my brother to get home ill give some impressions on the PC graphics though. Texture quality is okay definitely not the best I have seen, lighting is done quite well though. Game is easily maxed out with extra gubbins at 1440p with my crossfire 7870's and i7.

Simply put though, IQ is okay but art style is fantastic.

ruxtpin

Banned
Thanks to Infinite, I'm now on the path towards building a new PC.

Will still play on the 360, but hi-def Infinite ... I'm coming for you!

AkuMifune

Banned
I've been looking forward to this game so much I didn't feel like touching another game over the weekend. Just couldn't get it up for anything else.

This will be my first pre-loaded Steam game, second big release I'll be playing Big Picture mode (after Tomb Raider which was glorious), really looking forward and glad I made the jump to PC when I did. Sure it will be fine on the consoles, but this game, to me, deserves nothing less than to fulfill its ultimate potential all over my face.

Wonder if I can get away with a sick day tomorrow? I feel like I'm coming down with the bird flu....

Also, I can't help but say 'Zachariah Comstock' in a James Stewart voice. Comstock.

Top Bottom